Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ponies are Evil (WoMF's Campaign)

+5
Sable Tails
elfowlgirl
RavenscroftRaven
Ramsus
The Warrior of Many Faces
9 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Ponies are Evil (WoMF's Campaign) - Page 7 Empty Re: Ponies are Evil (WoMF's Campaign)

Post  elfowlgirl Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:44 pm

Ramsus wrote:Daisy laughs, "Dun know yet! C'mon let's go." and she starts trotting off to the bar and then stops and turns around. "We should probably bring Silver too since I'm thinking you want me for my magic mojo jojo and like not my totally rockin' body." She gives a giggle and then calls out to Silver, "Silver Silver Silver. C'mere. We're gonna like do some magic stuffs."

Silver turned his head to Daisy. "...I have almost no words." He trotted over to her. "What exactly are we going to be doing besides 'magic stuffs'?"
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Ponies are Evil (WoMF's Campaign) - Page 7 Empty Re: Ponies are Evil (WoMF's Campaign)

Post  Ramsus Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:46 pm

Daisy turns her head around all the way backwards like an owl and looks at C, "Yeah, what we doin'?"
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:48 pm

C pauses for a moment at Daisy turning her head.
"Look. I'll admit I'm not good with magic, but I snuck back in after I left and watched the trio teleport out so I would like you two to use your magical mojo-jojo to find out where they teleported to since that would give us some clues as to who they report to hopefully."
C takes a breath and leads them back to the bar.
Spoiler:

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:55 pm

Daisy will now make a History check on the pony whose essence she has who she saw, so she can know it was Prince Bloodblood. I guess it will be for the two others she saw as well but, I doubt she'll really have much of a shot of knowing that.

History: 10 + 1 from C + 16 = 27
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:03 pm

Ramsus wrote:Daisy will now make a History check on the pony whose essence she has who she saw, so she can know it was Prince Bloodblood. I guess it will be for the two others she saw as well but, I doubt she'll really have much of a shot of knowing that.

History: 10 + 1 from C + 16 = 27

Daisy successfully IDs the unicorn as Prince Blueblood, but as expected, the other two unicorns aren't even remotely familiar to her.

Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:16 pm

"Oh, is that all?" Daisy asked sounding disappointed. "I already like know who the bosspony is. Found it out where I was prying their scry and essence stealing spells away from them before that guy-" she points a hoof at Wrangler, "so ruuuuuuuudely interrupted me." She pauses and drops another comment, "I was a little surprised it wasn't Discord. Though I suppose he could like totally be the pony behind the pony sorta thing."

Seriously, I was surprised too, knowing how non-chaotically predictable Facey face is about his love for Discord.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:24 pm

Ramsus wrote:"Oh, is that all?" Daisy asked sounding disappointed. "I already like know who the bosspony is. Found it out where I was prying their scry and essence stealing spells away from them before that guy-" she points a hoof at Wrangler, "so ruuuuuuuudely interrupted me." She pauses and drops another comment, "I was a little surprised it wasn't Discord. Though I suppose he could like totally be the pony behind the pony sorta thing."

Seriously, I was surprised too, knowing how non-chaotically predictable Facey face is about his love for Discord.
C looks shocked at the mention of Scrying and essence theft.
"W-What!? Seriously!? *Cough* Well if you know who they report to then me and Silver can hit up our contacts and find out where they're based...maybe, you still feel like tracing them through their teleport?"

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:30 pm

Daisy shrugs and says, "Well, it's totally worth a shot I suppose. Our illustrious employer is......" she literally draws this out for the dramatic reveal for no apparent reason, "Prince Blueblood!" she finishes in a sarcastically hushed scandalized tone.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:33 pm

Ramsus wrote:Daisy shrugs and says, "Well, it's totally worth a shot I suppose. Our illustrious employer is......" she literally draws this out for the dramatic reveal for no apparent reason, "Prince Blueblood!" she finishes in a sarcastically hushed scandalized tone.

"Well, that may present some of a problem... However, I sincerely doubt that Prince Blueblood, of all ponies, is behind this." Silver scoffed.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:43 pm

elfowlgirl wrote:
Ramsus wrote:Daisy shrugs and says, "Well, it's totally worth a shot I suppose. Our illustrious employer is......" she literally draws this out for the dramatic reveal for no apparent reason, "Prince Blueblood!" she finishes in a sarcastically hushed scandalized tone.

"Well, that may present some of a problem... However, I sincerely doubt that Prince Blueblood, of all ponies, is behind this." Silver scoffed.
"It would explain how they are able to confidently use telling the princesses as a threat, it wouldn't be hard for somepony that high-up in politics to let them know, whether or not he would be believed is another matter entirely."
C feels the makings of a plan hatch in his mind.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:50 pm

Sable Tails wrote:Deciding that the gryphon was likely to better appreciate a calmer, more respectful approach, Stasis carefully removed his smile and nodded towards the large avian.
"I'm sorry if I'm interrupting your thoughts, my friend...but before we make our way to the forest, I just wanted to say how pleased I am to finally meet somegryphon who appears to actually honor the ancient traditions of your kind." He frowned. "Not that I wish to disparage gryphons, of course...far from it!...but it does seem as if gryphons are a bit more...hmm...'declawed' these days, if you will pardon the expression. I sometimes think most of them have even forgotten that they are carnivorous at all."
Stasis waited a moment to judge the gryphon's reaction. Now was the time to see if he called it right.

Horus raised an eyebrow at the 'ling-in-pony-clothing. "Flattery by denigration. I shall attempt to return it, so you might hear what you said: "I am pleased a unicorn such as yourself is intelligent. Not to disparage unicorns, far from it, but it does seem as though unicorns are a bit more... stupid these days, I sometimes think most of them have forgotten they achieved sapience at all."" He speaks with his claw, swirling it in the air and using it to add brief punctuation. Even some venison were opportunistic carnivores, the science behind it was sound, predation was a sign of growth as a species. To mock it...

"I will take it as the sycophantic intent I choose to believe it was though, and will accept it as such. In a way it is our fault that such racist thoughts may even exist, anyways." Gryphons didn't pull punches. Why would one need to deceive lessers, after all? Yes Stasis was on the mark, but he was a disguiser, apparently not a diplomat.

He looks at the others, barring three still in the bar. "If any being is familiar with our new hunting ground and knows a good spot, let us know. No matter how slow and simple the prey, only a fool doesn't take every advantage they can. We depart I assume once we regain the remaining three."
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:41 pm

Herr Freischutz has been deactivating and repacking the bombs placed around the bar.

"Don't look at me, just because I'm a zebra doesn't mean I know the forest like the back of my hoof!"
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sable Tails Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:08 am

RavenscroftRaven wrote:
Sable Tails wrote:Deciding that the gryphon was likely to better appreciate a calmer, more respectful approach, Stasis carefully removed his smile and nodded towards the large avian.
"I'm sorry if I'm interrupting your thoughts, my friend...but before we make our way to the forest, I just wanted to say how pleased I am to finally meet somegryphon who appears to actually honor the ancient traditions of your kind." He frowned. "Not that I wish to disparage gryphons, of course...far from it!...but it does seem as if gryphons are a bit more...hmm...'declawed' these days, if you will pardon the expression. I sometimes think most of them have even forgotten that they are carnivorous at all."
Stasis waited a moment to judge the gryphon's reaction. Now was the time to see if he called it right.

Horus raised an eyebrow at the 'ling-in-pony-clothing. "Flattery by denigration. I shall attempt to return it, so you might hear what you said: "I am pleased a unicorn such as yourself is intelligent. Not to disparage unicorns, far from it, but it does seem as though unicorns are a bit more... stupid these days, I sometimes think most of them have forgotten they achieved sapience at all."" He speaks with his claw, swirling it in the air and using it to add brief punctuation. Even some venison were opportunistic carnivores, the science behind it was sound, predation was a sign of growth as a species. To mock it...

"I will take it as the sycophantic intent I choose to believe it was though, and will accept it as such. In a way it is our fault that such racist thoughts may even exist, anyways." Gryphons didn't pull punches. Why would one need to deceive lessers, after all? Yes Stasis was on the mark, but he was a disguiser, apparently not a diplomat.

He looks at the others, barring three still in the bar. "If any being is familiar with our new hunting ground and knows a good spot, let us know. No matter how slow and simple the prey, only a fool doesn't take every advantage they can. We depart I assume once we regain the remaining three."

Stasis suppressed a snort. He hardly disagreed with the gryphon about unicorns, but then, he considered himself to be something of an equal-opportunity bigot. Each race and each creature was a failed creation in its own, special way…and he hardly excluded himself or his foolish, backwards brethren from that assessment.
But to be accused of sycophantism...that sent a small spark of anger through Stasis' mind. The compliment had been genuine, and the intent had been one of only mild ingratiation. Even the dullest pony noble knew when he was being applauded, and took pleasure from it…but then, this wasn’t a pony, was it? It was a gryphon…perhaps the proper gryphonic greeting these days was to beat one’s chest and squawk loudly to the heavens, or something of that nature. No matter. The purpose of the exchange was to gain the gryphon’s measure, and in that at least Stasis considered himself to have succeeded. Either Horus had some special dislike for Stasis in particular – a grave injustice in his mind, as Stasis had not yet had the pleasure of earning such disdain – or else Horus was simply lacking in almost any tact whatsoever.
Stasis suppressed a frown. Discord be praised this mission is one of assault and theft and not of intrigue, else half these creatures would be of no use to me at all. But as it were, as long as the gryphon was as unpleasant in battle as he was in conversation, Stasis supposed it didn’t matter overmuch if they were on friendly terms or not. Nopony could say the changeling hadn’t tried.
Still, the gryphon was right in that it was nearing time for them to leave, and he had no intention of walking to the Everfree. Stasis looked about, trying to determine if there was anypony not in their group who might see him quickly change his outfit.
[Roll Perception on nearby area: 5+13=18]

Sable Tails
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:02 pm

"We should find out where they've gone anyway, if there's somepony more competent than Blueblood planning for him they will likely have something he or they own rather than, say, teleporting them straight back to his home, so we'll need to know where they teleported."
C all but drags Silvertounge and Daisy too the bar.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:04 pm

Doc pseudopolis wrote:"We should find out where they've gone anyway, if there's somepony more competent than Blueblood planning for him they will likely have something he or they own rather than, say, teleporting them straight back to his home, so we'll need to know where they teleported."
C all but drags Silvertounge and Daisy too the bar.

Silver rolls his eyes, but lets himself get dragged along. "Can you tell us where they teleported from, first?"
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:08 pm

"Flam and Trixie were pretty much where they were standing when talked at us, Gilda got knocked into somechairs for trying to strangle Trixie."

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sable Tails Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:42 pm

For a moment, Stasis considered keeping his true nature a secret for a little while longer. The gryphon had offered to carry ponies to the Everfree, had he not? He was such a big, strong creature, too...he would probably enjoy the chance to flex those wings of his. Images flashed across the changeling's mind of himself, riding the gryphon into the moonset, whooping and hollering and waving about an imaginary cowboy hat. He smiled.
But no...Horus was not the kind of creature you played such tricks on, no matter how innocent their nature. If Stasis found the gryphon to be dangerous to his person or his plans, it would be better to simply slip a knife into his ribs in the night, or something of that nature. Antagonizing the avian would be fun, but unwise.
Seeing no one about at this time of night, Stasis straightened his posture and let his magic gently well in his horn. Whereas pony magic was distinguished by its logical, systematic nature, changeling magic had a much different flavor. It was organic, instinctual...tweaking his masque was less like solving an equation than it was like flexing a muscle. With a thought, magic glowed and flashed across his body, removing his horn from sight and revealing his wings as those of feathered pegasi.
He flexed his wings and sighed happily. His masque could be so cramping sometimes.

[If I need to: Roll Stealth on non-party ponies seeing Stasis change his masque: 8+5=13]

Sable Tails
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:04 pm

Doctor Javolt, who accidentally went into a science-induced trance as he walked along with the group, shook his head suddenly. "SALMON! Of course. The perfect conductor. That is how I shall accomplish our goals... WITH SCIENCE!"
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:51 pm

Ok I guess neither Doc or Elfy are going to be proactive here, so that leaves me....

Daisy walked back into the bar and saw if there was residual energy from the teleportation spell for them to try to track down it's destination.

Arcana: 15 + 1 + 4 = 20.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:18 pm

Ramsus wrote:Ok I guess neither Doc or Elfy are going to be proactive here, so that leaves me....

Daisy walked back into the bar and saw if there was residual energy from the teleportation spell for them to try to track down it's destination.

Arcana: 15 + 1 + 4 = 20.

While there was residual energy, it was fading rather quickly, moreso than normal. It seems to Daisy like there was another spell cast during teleportation to make the energy fade at an accelerated rate. It could potentially be traced, but unless Daisy pours a ton of effort into the spell, she wouldn't be getting more than a general idea of their location.

Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:38 pm

Silver walked up to Daisy. "Notice anything?" He asked, looking around the empty bar. "Or do your magics only extend to the undead variety?"
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:42 pm

"Looks like Trixie is totally more clever than I gave her credit for. She put a spell on like the teleport spell to make it like fade quicker. This is going to be really tricky if we want to get more than just like an idea of where they went." Daisy told Silver.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:53 pm

He stared at the ground. "Let's try and find a general location, then we can narrow it down from there." Silver closed his eyes and focused, summoning magic to his horn.

((Arcana check on the teleport:
Roll(1d20)+11 (+2) :
20,+11 (+2)
Total:33

Ooh, first crit!))
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:55 pm

Daisy helps.

Arcana to aid: 15 + 1 + 10 = 26
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:05 pm

Silvertongue, with Daisy's magical power boost, traces the magic an astonishing distance given how much is left: all the way to the royal palace, although at that point, the wards on the castle prevent any further tracing. Silvertongue and Daisy are quite sure that they weren't detected by anypony, though.

Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next