Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2

+3
tygerburningbright
Lyntermas
Zarhon
7 posters

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2 - Page 5 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:36 am

"Haven't got a clue and I'd be happy if he never came back."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2 - Page 5 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:16 pm

"Hmm. Indeed. Well, then might I wait for him here? I'm afraid it's...rather urgent I see him as soon as possible."

As Sixty-Two says this, he sweeps his eyes casually over the bison's body, looking for anything that might obviously identify her as a slave - a tattoo, bruises left by chains, etc. The conversation's already pulled a lot of triggers on that front...

ROLLS:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:30 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:
ROLLS:

"Well you can just wait out there just as long at you like."

You can see some old scars right above her hooves where shackles would be placed. Also you can tell that the bandana is being used to cover something up but you can't tell what.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:58 pm

Sixty-Two makes no obvious reaction, merely taking out some sort of book and turning away to read it, obviously uninterested.

As the book began to glow, he walked forward a step, then gasped backwards as what seemed to be an entire swarm of fireflies practically leapt from the shrubbery he'd disturbed in passing. They flew away quickly as Sixty-Two regained his composure, coughing and reading his book once more.

The fireflies all went in the same direction, towards a nearby patch of land where a patchwork of pirates were working, so to speak.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:03 pm

Shallow, as stealthily as he can, pops out of the ground when the Bison isn't looking, to quietly whispering/mouthing to 62: "Try ta' find out more about da' security an' da' crate hole. See if da' bison be willin' ta' help us. Oh, an' ask for a name of da' bison. If she be a slave, show some kindness!"
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:01 pm

Spoiler:

Sixty-Two nudged Shallow with his hoof, shooting him a sharp look whilst simultaneously moving to hide him. After a few more moments, he snapped the book shut with a false sigh."Boredom begins to set in," he commented, looking around calmly. His eyes seemed to light on the bison. He took a breath, "bracing himself" for the task of talking to a civilian. "Well, since we're both stuck here for the time being, we may as well have some sort of conversation, no?" He paused, then grumbled "Alright, alright, I'll start, then. What is your name?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:46 pm

The Bison looks around rather suspiciously as if excepting someone to suddenly come before responding just loud enough for you to hear. "Bent Bow"
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:27 pm

Shallow picks through his memory, trying to recall whether he's heard the name of "Bent Bow" before.

History:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:11 pm

Zarhon wrote:
History:

You can't think of any real significance behind the name.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:11 pm

"And you are a servant here at Mister Mycroft's abode, correct?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:33 pm

Bent Bow lightly glares at you. "Servant would be the sugar coated way to say it."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:00 pm

"Hmm," Sixty-Two says, "unconcerned". Might as well take a risk; in the worst-case scenario he was alone as far as the bison knew. "Then, of course, you would support any efforts on my part to free you from your predicament, no?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:25 pm

Bent Bow goes slack-jawed at your sudden offer. A moment later and after managing to drop her cigarette she forms a response. "That was a bit out of the blue... Normally you marine types just look the other way so how do I know I can trust a word you're sayin?"
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:05 pm

"Let's just say I've been where you're standing, in a manner of speaking," Sixty-Two said, looking directly at the bison. "Besides, if I didn't care, why bring it up? Anyways, it's good to know you're not under some sort of magical compulsion - or at least, if you are, it allows us to speak in somewhat vague terms about your...condition."

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:27 pm

"You could be pulling some kinda sick joke on me... and what could you do even if you would? And for your information there ain't any magic on my mind." Bow seems very cautious but the beginning twinges of hope are evident.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:19 pm

"We can assure yah', miss, dat' da' only jokes we be pulling, got Mycop receivin' da' punchline.", Shallow says, slowly slinking out of the ground next to 62. "As for wat' we can do... I'm sure da' papers will be more den' willin' ta' make anotha' large headline ta' detail dat'. Assumin', of course, we can get da' privilege of enterin' dis' gilded cage, wit' admission from yah' lovely self. Shallow be da' name, by da' way."

62's persuasion check assist:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:54 pm

"Shallow. Wanted pirate," Sixty-Two says, mostly keeping up the act for giggles at this point. "Perhaps you have not heard, but this lovely young lady does not know how to lower the gate. She did mention something about a crate entrance, however...?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:14 am

"Didn't dat' entrance imply unpleasant tings? Dere' mite' be more den' just dose' two ways in, and miss Bow mite' know dem', wit'out realisin' it. Anyting yah' can tell us about dese' unseen repellants would be very helpful, miss Bow, but ta' not send mah' friend off track just yet, da' crate entry would be a start ta' speak of."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:39 am

Bow rather quickly looks at the two of you. "So you're a pirate to? I hate to break it to ya but the crate entrance might just kill ya if you're not like made out of metal or something like that. Er the only other things I can really think of are well the well and the lightning rod that comes up during storms."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:05 pm

"Would someting', or somepony, boxed in ironwood, be good ta' go into da' crate entrance wit'out unwanted injury? An' tell me more about da' storm rod an' well: were' would dose two be? How does dis' ring ting' work, anyway? Any alarm?"
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:44 pm

"I haven't got a clue about what ironwood is but it sounds like wood so no idea. The rod goes up over the roof whenever there's a storm and the well connects to a underground river or something like that." Bow grimaces as she thinks about the ring. "These posts fry anything that tries to come trough could be an alarm but I don't know."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:16 pm

"Hmm... Da' storm rod be an option, provided we can get above da' roof... Da' box entrance we can test out wit' dis' bitey little fellah'...", he says, pointing to the biting plant remains behind his tail, "...An' da' well mite' be an entry as well, if we can find da' way in. Do yah' know were' any drink-water sources, pits, or caves mite be, wit'in da' bog? An' am I rite ta' assume dat' da' manor security be powered from da' inside? Anyting' yah' can tell us about dat'?

"Oh, and ta' make it clear rite now: Apart from you, who else be inside da' manor grounds, an were'? Any guards an' pons' dat' wouldn't take kindly ta' uninvited guests, or yah' friends an' otha' pons' unwillin' ta' stay? "
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:22 pm

Bow for lack of a better word shrugs " I don't know, I don't know how it works, and no guards but I'm wondering what you pirates are going to do with thirty odd runaways?"
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:56 pm

"Sensationalize you, most likely." Sixty-Two opened his book again, looking bored. "Not good for privacy, but the more people know what's going on, the more pressure from the townsfolk there will be for the local marines to make an arrest. It's not a perfect plan, but then again we haven't done the fleshing-out quite yet. All we know for sure is that with a little luck we should be able to get you out of there."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:43 pm

"Arrest? Unlikely. мусор is a high ranked official, and he's been transferred elsewhere in the East Blue. Why he decided to trap a bunch of slaves in this mansion is beyond me. Still, we believe we have a...friend who might be able to provide safe transport, once we get you out of here. He's...not entirely aware of our plans yet, but Revolutionaries are often willing to fight against Marine oppression, and slavery certainly counts."

"If that doesn't pan out, we might be able to give you a ride to the next island. At worst, the island is in a bit of chaos at the moment, and if we can get you to town without raising any alarms, nopony will be looking for you. We have your slave papers, so at the very least мусор won't officially have the means to "own" you, at least for a while."

"For the moment, we can clarify our options. Could you point out where the "crate entrance" and the well is (on your side of the fence)."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next