Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2

+3
tygerburningbright
Lyntermas
Zarhon
7 posters

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2 - Page 17 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2

Post  Lyntermas Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:14 am

"Wow, that was a close one. Good thing we got out of the way in time...Guys?" Torque found that he was alone on the ice bridge while his friends were mostly stuck in the water. "Horseapples! Of course the ponies that can't swim get stuck in the freaking water. Come on, Torque, think!" The problem was that Torque didn't know if he could reach his friends in time, let alone bring them back to shore.

"...Unless I bring the shore to them!" Torque tried to morph the ice from the ice bridge to extend out closer to where the crew had landed in the water.

Fabricate:
"That'll help close some distance. Still, Devil Fruit users are practically dead in the water." Torque braced himself, jumped in the water (COLD, SO VERY VERY COLD!), and tried to swim over to 62 while Boomer tried to retrieve the other two.

Rolling Acrobatics to save who I can (particularly 62 if Boomer won't): 10 (1d20) + 7 + 1 (IP) = 18
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2 - Page 17 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:44 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Boomer sighs not surprised at all that her huge body ended up getting unbalanced enough to fall into the water. But what really was annoying the bombermare was seeing that at least three of her devil fruit allies had fallen into the water with her. This is why I'll never take eat one of those things... They're totally not worth that major drawback... She goes to quickly save the Zebra and the Turtle-Pony... Part of her still not trusting the former Marine yet, and besides trying to save all three at once would likely just make her lose two of them. Or that's the cyborg's line of logic as she moved.

swim check:

Boomer manages to grab onto each of her targets and at first it seems that the combined weight is too much for the cyborg to bear that is until the ice is extended toward her. She is then just barely able to get herself and her two passengers up onto the ice.

Lyntermas wrote:"Wow, that was a close one. Good thing we got out of the way in time...Guys?" Torque found that he was alone on the ice bridge while his friends were mostly stuck in the water. "Horseapples! Of course the ponies that can't swim get stuck in the freaking water. Come on, Torque, think!" The problem was that Torque didn't know if he could reach his friends in time, let alone bring them back to shore.

"...Unless I bring the shore to them!" Torque tried to morph the ice from the ice bridge to extend out closer to where the crew had landed in the water.

Fabricate:
"That'll help close some distance. Still, Devil Fruit users are practically dead in the water." Torque braced himself, jumped in the water (COLD, SO VERY VERY COLD!), and tried to swim over to 62 while Boomer tried to retrieve the other two.

Rolling Acrobatics to save who I can (particularly 62 if Boomer won't): 10 (1d20) + 7 + 1 (IP) = 18

Torque manages to make an extensions in the ice stretching out toward each of the drowning ponies. Torque then manages to dive into the freezing water and grab a hold of 62 and manages to make it back to up onto the ice.

Copper Rose wrote:Carat stands up on the sinking(?) boat. "Wha...? OH BUCK!" She moves onto the ice bridge as quickly as she can, decreasing size to just below normal pony, to prevent breaking the ice. "Sorry, I can't really help you guys. I'll go after the crew!" Carat gallops off at a breakneck pace to keep track of the crew.

QUICKLY ROLL EVERYTHING YOU CAN THINK MIGHT BARELY BE RELEVANT
Athletics/Endurance: 18(roll) + 6(skill) = 24
Stealth: 9(roll) + 9(skill) = 18
Perception: Natural 1! not herp derp triggered, actually rolled a 1 :I Reliability -> 14(roll) + 11(skill) + 5(Reliability) +1(IP) -3(Narcolepsy) = 28

Carat manages to follow the fleeing marine group almost all the way to the base until getting spotted by a watch pony up in one of the fort's towers. Luckily she does manage to get close enough to the fort to notice or judge more than a few things. The Fort appears to have recently been engaged in a rather major battle the main guns look like they are almost inoperable, the walls are heavily damaged in several parts with some holes only been patched up with piles of snow, and over all they appear to be a bit short staffed. However she also notices that most marines are on high alert and most appear to the a good deal stronger than normal, and that the iron chain that can be raised to block passage through the pass is still operational. Additionally she notices that she just got spotted.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:26 pm

Tortoise shivered as Boomer lifted him out of the freezing water.  The elements- another source of harm that couldn't be averted with a thick hide... if anything, his tortoise form would have been a liability against the cold.  Though at the time he was more concerned about the water surrounding him making him powerless to react.

"Thanky, Boom'r" he chattered.  After a moment he looked around to make sure everypony else had been recovered from the icy sea.  

"Shall'w...  Sixt'two...  Good, we'rall here... wait, where's Carat?" He had almost forgotten the newest recruit, and hadn't seen her running off towards the fort (he had been underwater)... hadn't she been the one flying at them?  She was a devil-fruit user too, and wouldn't have fared any better in the waters.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:42 pm

"S-s-he likey ran aftah' da' M-m-arines.", Shallow mutters through shivers. "D-d-on't worry, I can track her. Rite' now, yah' be da' main c-c-oncern, Tortoise. Gotta get yah', an' us, w-w-arm an' dry from da' icy waters, and see wat' dat' foul toxin be doin', an' wat' we can d-d-o about it. Come, let's get to da' c-c-oast, an' secure our own boat."

Spoiler:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:10 pm

Sixty-Two does nothing; simply takes some large, heaving gasps, and shivers.

...A.R.C., on the other hand, is still floating around, mostly forgotten in all the chaos. It "looks" around for several moments.

And then comes to a decision.

Several beeps, bops, and boops later, and a lot of spinning around (all very noticeable) and the Robotic Companion is now pointing in a seemingly-random direction. "ANTIDOTE LOCATED."

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:15 pm

Carat quickly looks around for something to hide behind, knowing exactly what she has to do.
Yes, I'm using a spoiler instead of a hide. It's only because I have a lot of stuff to go through.:
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:17 pm

Zarhon wrote:Okay, so for the heal check, we'd have:

24 (roll and bonuses)
--
+15 (Generosity - Tortoise)
--
+10 (MP - Lynt)
--
+20 (2xMP - Boomer) - This way I keep an MP for Kindness/Stare

--

That's 69, which would be above the DC of 65 (due to FK - Voodoo). If there are any assists, its 71, as an extra precaution.
Shallow manages to magic create all the ingredients and replicate all the conditions needed to create a single dose Voodoo Cure-all namely Jipsome weed with sulfur honey, black cat electricity, Tar water, Water Tar, Alpha resins, alpha raisins, Two tablespoons rhubarb juice oranged, activated charcoal, deactivated charcoal, the twelve Monday, Monday the 12th of December, A blue moon, A red moon, A orange moon, and a doctorate in Headology. No one has even the slighest idea how such a concoction works or how to even make it a second time but the moment that Tortoise drinks it he immediately feels better than he has ever felt in his life.
(cured yay)

Copper Rose wrote:Carat quickly looks around for something to hide behind, knowing exactly what she has to do.
Yes, I'm using a spoiler instead of a hide. It's only because I have a lot of stuff to go through.:
You manage to fine a suitable place to hide and you manage to get behind it just as the tower guard takes a shot at you. A few moments later a small group of guards comes out a searches the area for you but due to your appearance as a pebble you go unnoticed.
(side note Reliability can be used more than once in a row.)
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:14 pm

Carat sighs and, while still disguised as a pebble, sends a short message to Shallow, the crew member she knows best.
Message (Spike, Take A Letter):
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:17 pm

"Erie! Our strong-backed bruddah' be up an' feelin' good! An' it was relatively painless, for once, too!", the Zebra remarks as he balances on Tortoise's back, his coat puffed up and oddly colored from the static and other ingredients. Getting a black cat is normally a recipe in frustration, but Whisper Lilly proved to be an adequate substitute, once properly re-colored. "Don't look at me like dat', Lily! It be temporary!", he says to the obviously miffed kitten.

The rest of the ingredients were merely a matter of having enough helping hooves, a few coincidences, dumb luck, and of course, a lot of brotherly support. "Speakin' of which, were' did you get all dat' tar from, Boomer, or dat' honey, Torque?"

Another coincidence almost knocks him off Tortoise, as a letter magically arrives in his hooves. "Well well! It appears miss Carat found our would-be poisoners. An' it seems dey' gone through hexes already. She be east, near a large rock.", he reads, upside-down.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:26 pm

"Uh... I'm not sure... I just used my matter-creator core six feature... Thankfully that worked and not we don't have to worry about random core 6 doing random things again for today such as like making another Whisper Lily, or who knows what." Boomer comments.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:08 am

"Well, there was little chance of us finding bees in this type of climate, so I used my..."inspired state" to whip up a device that would turn snow into honey. Not entirely sure how it worked. I'm glad the cure worked, but this means I can't whip up another big invention until probably tomorrow."

"So, we are all alive and relatively well now. However, our captain is still being held captive by these Marines and that chain is blocking our progress. Since we're not on a time crunch (I hope), we can try and determine the best way to achieve our goals...and if it means taking Kukris down a peg, all the better."

"So, a few thoughts:
1) If Shallow can burrow through ice and snow, then we might be able to tunnel into their cellars. We can work our way up, taking out Marines as we go and hopefully avoid raising the alarms until we've achieved what we wished.
2) If their fortifications are in disrepair, Tortoise might be able to just break down one of the walls and have that be our entrance. Of course, that would mean that we'd have the full force of Marines coming down on us, and they probably aren't pushovers."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:29 pm

"Dere be anotha' possibility to consider, bruddahs! We cured Tortoise of toxins, and none of us otha's be in immediate toxic peril - but Kukris an' da' Marines don't know dat'. Dey' likely believe dat' we be on a time limit to surrender to dem', or dat' our 'poisoned' members be too weak to pose a threat. Wit' a bit of good actin', we mite' be able to keep dem' tinking dat' until it be too late."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:40 pm

"Hmm, that is a possibility. There is an element of risk, if Kukris decides to put you guys in seastone handcuffs or something before he gets the antidote for us. Still, it would be playing into his expectations, and they wouldn't think that we'd try to break out of the only place that has what we need to live."

"What do the rest of you think? And at what point should we drop the act? When they start handcuffing us? When they bring us to Captain Zenith? When Kukris leaves us to get the antidote?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:30 pm

"Depends on wat' idea of 'terms' an' 'negotiations' we can get dem' to agree to, an' if dey' actually got any Seastone cuffs, after wat'ever went and battered dem' bones. Dey' asked for a toll, did dey' not? Greed mite' be a motivator. And we can't forget our own former-Marine friend here, eitha'. Wat'ever da' case may be, I'd be best walkin' on da' dirt for our 'act'. Speakin' of dat', 62, do yah' maybe know of dis' 'Kukris', or of da' isle-fort, from yah' former jobs of book-keeping?"

"62, are yah' okay? Yah' been quite silent, even durin' our little ritual. Still troubled over yah'-know-wat'?"
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:22 pm

Sixty-Two keeps shaking. "N-no, to b-b-be honest." He takes a deep, shuddering breath. "Just gimme a couple minutes and things...things should be j-just fine, no?"

The shaking suddenly stops, and he looks thoughtful. "Or some red bean paste. I haven't had any of that in a while." He blinks twice, seemingly back to normal. "Wait, what were we talking about?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:32 pm

"Yah' improvin' over yah' mortal, cripplin' fears, I see! We just be discussin' dis' Kukris fellow, and da' fort. Ring any bells in yah' literary-filled experience? Or any notion yah' would like to take?"
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:56 pm

"I think if we head into the lion's den... We'll be playing it by ear..." Boomer comments as she thinks over the options. "No matter what we think would happen we don't know just what this guy is thinking or planning... He's a smart dude to do such poison gas at the start here. I bet the rest of his plan is equally smart and well crafted. Or I fear so... Also they might be more prepared to counterattack us then we'd expect."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:57 am

"Thanks, guess ah owe ya m'life ye' again.  Though who's countin' anymor'?  I'm stickin' wit' y'all now, debt or no debt!"  Tortoise grinned, thanking the ponies that saved him from the toxins.

As they were discussing their next move, Tortoise chipped in.

"Well, we ain' gettin' through withou' removin' tha' chain, which can'o be done wit'ou' payin' or fightin', or bein real fas' an sneaky.  

We also migh' wanna preten' we haven' cured th' toxin, no' justa trick 'em, but also because oth'rwise this Kukris will be suspicious an' on high aler', if tha cure was suppos'd to be so hard ta come by (an' was, by all tha' mumbo-jumbo ya did ta conjure it!)- an' make it all tha more difficult ta do whatever we plan on doin'."
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:29 pm

"Tortoise has a point. Given what we had to get through to get him cured, Kukris probably thinks there's no way that we could refuse his offer. NOT showing up to surrender would raise his suspicions even more. So, we show up, acting sick and defeated, he opens the gate, and we walk in. From that point, we'll try to figure out when to strike."

"I'm willing to give this plan a go. All else in favor?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:42 pm

"I be in favor. But question be, who be doin' da' actin? Tortoise doin' it be a necessity, but it be a question if dey' will believe da' othas' got poisoned - dere' mite' been a witness, da' one dat' punted us overboard wit' our own intern. An' speakin' of intern, we mite' want to find Carat, before we do anyting' else.", Shallow says, sniffing around a bit for Carat's scent.

Scent Tracker:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:36 pm

"Didn't you say that she was East, near a big rock?" Torque started heading in that direction while keeping his eyes open for Carat's hiding place.
Perception:
"As to who should act sick, well, I think the gas was supposed to affect everyone who was near the chest when it opened. So, that makes everyone except for Carat." Torque paused and thought a moment. "Speaking of everyone, I wonder where Konorad got off too? Of course, given his nature, he's probably disguised himself as a Marine and is already inside for all we know. We'll see him when we need to."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:51 pm

Zarhon wrote:"I be in favor. But question be, who be doin' da' actin? Tortoise doin' it be a necessity, but it be a question if dey' will believe da' othas' got poisoned - dere' mite' been a witness, da' one dat' punted us overboard wit' our own intern. An' speakin' of intern, we mite' want to find Carat, before we do anyting' else.", Shallow says, sniffing around a bit for Carat's scent.

Scent Tracker:

Shallow manages to find a surprisingly sneaky trail left behind by Carat that should lead directly toward her.

The giant ghost is currently missing... although Shallow gets the feeling that it is not gone yet.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:24 pm

"I don't like the plan... Feel like we're assuming too much here... But I can't deny that it is a good plan and can work wonders if we're lucky." Boomer comments worried about this plan but she doesn't really voice strong opposion to it nor did she have anything better. (Not even the other plan ideas seemed better to her at this moment.)
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:28 pm

"I think," said Sixty-Two, "I should do it, even if no one else does. Plausible deniability and all that. Well, assuming this works..." He took a deep breath.  "Think of water, think of water, think of water..." He collapsed to the ground. "Oh, oh the horror! The paaaaain of the gaaaas!"

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:25 am

"Dat' sounds more like indigestion, den' vile toxins, bruddah. Just pretend yah' be wakin' up early from a day ah' firewater drinkin', or a few days wit'out sleep. Actually, Tortoise, how did yah' feel wen' da' toxins were' in yah'? Describe da' pains yah' suffered, so dat' we may mimic dem' more closely."

Last edited by Zarhon on Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next