Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2

+3
tygerburningbright
Lyntermas
Zarhon
7 posters

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2 - Page 15 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2

Post  Zarhon Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:09 am

"Rite now? I tink' it be da' 'make ting's difficult for Shallow' game. And I'm fairly certain dem' Marines be plannin' da' 'loot an' sink' game. Ting's mite' be a bit easier wit' you around, though, miss 'Will-of-D', even if yah' backstory does imply a bit of unfortunate greed and spoiled behavior. I certainly hope you grew out of dat'." Very Happy, Shallow pipes, then starts humming something quietly. "Come aboard an' bring along all yah' hopes and dreams..."

"Oh, an' Boomer, could yah' please provide us wit' dat' +1 bonus yah' got? Dis' hauntin' be really bad wit'out it, an' I believe Carat counts for it now."

Spoiler:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2 - Page 15 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:33 pm

Copper Rose wrote:Carat looks at the giant ghost, then grows to about the size of what she estimates to be the size of a pony of the ghost's race. "Hey there, Tusken. What game are you playing right now?" Carat smiles kindly at the ghost.
The Ghost turns a bit red at Carat's sudden growth. P-pony Crush... NO ICKY GIRLYS ALLOWED Tusken rather halfheartedly tries to push Carat off the ship. (DC 15 athletics or acrobatics)

At the marine boat a shout of fear loud enough to be audible at the ship rings out when Carat first grows to giant size. The ship then redoubles it's speed toward you quickly throwing up a boarding plank. A very nervous looking Earth Pony very quickly stumbles up the plank "P-p-p-p-please-se send-nd y-y-your-r ca-captain t-to p-p-arly-ly wi-ith ou-ours t-to t-t-alk a-a-bout-t-t t-the t-t-toll. P-PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!!"

tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:33 pm

"H-hey! Wha-AAAAAAAAH!" Carat cries as the ghost pushes her overboard.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:38 pm

"Bloodclot!", Shallow curses, and goes to grab the mare before she dips overboard, manipulating dirt from one of the crates into an earthly extension of his hoof.

Spoiler:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:56 pm

"Lovely," Sixty-Two says, rubbing at a developing migraine. "You alright, Shallow? If the answer's no, we can assume I'll help you retroactively in between this paragraph and the next, I suppose. Power of editing."

This said (and possibly after helping Shallow help the minimax pony), Sixty-Two proceeded to take out his spellbook from its pocket dimension, flipping to a seemingly random page. A pause to skim the page and make sure he remembered things correctly, and he began mumbling several words under his breath. "Not like it really matters what I say for flavor, no?" he asked himself as a pretty large book formed itself into existence and opened on its own. This done, words began floating, magical style, out of Sixty-Two's head and into the book before him. After a few minutes, the process was done - or at least what could be completed of the process. "Aaaaaand loophole acquired!" the earth pony grinned, lifting the book triumphantly in the air.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:27 pm

"Thank you for that. I will ask about the crate full of dirt later, for now I have a silly little ghost colt to take care of." Carat gets up and walks over to the ghost, giving him a stern look. "That was not very nice, now was it? What do you have to say for yourself?"

Seeming to remember something, Carat turns to the Marine ship. "Why hello there. Are you sure you wish to be asking for a toll of any kind when you just begged for your life?"

62, really? You put it all in a book? I hope you realise how likely it is that book is going to catch fire. Anyway, I can always use Fracture The Fourth Wall again later, when it is actually needed instead of just for fun. After we have learned something in that other-space that is not in that book. Ah well.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:53 pm

The ghost looks rather downtrodden. "Tusken is sorry...

"Y-you m-might b-b-be b-b-big enough-ough t-t-to b-break m-me b-but t-the boss is stronger than all of you put together!" The marine manages to pull himself back together and draw out a flare pistol.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:34 pm

Carat quirks an eyebrow. "Then why is your captain not out here to talk with us?" She turns to Tusken. "I accept your apology. Now, may I ask how you met these tiny ponies?"
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:31 pm

"The last person that viewed themself as that strong... Got their flank handed to them by us." Boomer calls out with a mad laugh.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:53 pm

"Tusken's spirit likely sensed me. I be sort of a spirit guide by blood - spirits can feel dat' near dem', I suppose, and Tusken, bein' da' playful an' curious giant he be, was drawn tah' seek me out. He likely be needin' some disclipline an' manners, were' dey' be due - he be only a big child."

Shallow then turned to the fear-stricken pony. "Can yah' Captain not speak terms of negotiations amongst his own crew, for us all to hear? Wat' be dis' toll yah' speak of? Are yah' all pirates or Marines? Yah' mite' at least tell us da' name of who requests our audience."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:03 pm

"Aw screw this y-you're n-not gonna cooperate." The pony shoots the flare directly into the sails of the ship setting them ablaze. He then runs away back into the gunboat shouting. "KUKRIS WILL BREAK YOU!" The boat then begins to sail away dropping its mines and readying the mortar.

In a fit of curiosity Tusken pokes the closest of the mines to the ship setting it off and releasing a wave of ice that entraps the front of the ship.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:08 pm

Boomer chuckles and gets to work building some bombs, both ones to attack with and ones to put out the fire the ship has.

mechanics check:

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:37 pm

"So dat' be da' game yah' be playin'. Very well, den'!", Shallow pipes up, taking control of more earthen forces for a preemptive counter-assault. "Miss Carat, could you be as kind as tah' give Tusken an outlet for his energy dat' isn't as close tah' our boat?"

Spoiler:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:11 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Boomer chuckles and gets to work building some bombs, both ones to attack with and ones to put out the fire the ship has.

mechanics check:
Boomer manages to build five chemical grenades that can fight fires and three incendiary bombs that are just small enough to to thrown.

Zarhon wrote:"So dat' be da' game yah' be playin'. Very well, den'!", Shallow pipes up, taking control of more earthen forces for a preemptive counter-assault. "Miss Carat, could you be as kind as tah' give Tusken an outlet for his energy dat' isn't as close tah' our boat?"

Spoiler:
Shallow manges to choke out part of the flames with the dirt but the shot to the gun boat hits the boat but misses its mark only managing to knock out one of the marines and rock the boat.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:35 pm

Sixty-Two rolls his neck. "Right. You all get the fire, I'll get on melting this ice." This said, he turned and headed to the front of the ship, opening his spellbook once more and aiming his hoof at the mass of ice before him. "Fuego!" he shouted, font inexplicably changing as he did.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:48 pm

Boomer gets to work first in dealing with the fires on the boat.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:35 pm

"Tusken, I do believe I have a new game for you! The name of the game is 'Mine Popper,' and the goal is to pop those icy mines as close to that other ship as possible! Would you like to play?" Carat grins, pointing at the now leaving Marine ship for Tusken's benefit.

Last edited by Copper Rose on Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:50 pm

"Careful, comrades. These Marines may be corrupt and possibly cowardly, but I can tell their captain is made of sterner stuff. Still, we aren't exactly helpless." Torque used his Ponkinesis to pick up on of the incindiary bombs Boomer had crafted, carefully aimed, then launched it at the Marine ship.

Rolling Perception...10 (1d20) + 8 + 3 (Sharp Eyes) = 21
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:55 am

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Sixty-Two rolls his neck. "Right. You all get the fire, I'll get on melting this ice." This said, he turned and headed to the front of the ship, opening his spellbook once more and aiming his hoof at the mass of ice before him. "Fuego!" he shouted, font inexplicably changing as he did.

Spoiler:
Your spell manages to create a quick burst of fire that manages to melt away most of the ice with out doing much more than charring a few parts of the ship.

Xel Unknown wrote:Boomer gets to work first in dealing with the fires on the boat.
Your chemical grenades are enough to put out all of the remaining fires in the sails of the ship. There is some damage already done but it is not that bad.
Copper Rose wrote:"Tusken, I do believe I have a new game for you! The name of the game is 'Mine Popper,' and the goal is to pop those icy mines as close to that other ship as possible! Would you like to play?" Carat grins, pointing at the now leaving Marine ship for Tusken's benefit.
Tusken goes and "pops" all the mines even remotely close to the boat freezing it in place although he hits enough to form an ice bridge over to the shore.
Lyntermas wrote:"Careful, comrades. These Marines may be corrupt and possibly cowardly, but I can tell their captain is made of sterner stuff. Still, we aren't exactly helpless." Torque used his Ponkinesis to pick up on of the incindiary bombs Boomer had crafted, carefully aimed, then launched it at the Marine ship.

Rolling Perception...10 (1d20) + 8 + 3 (Sharp Eyes) = 21
With the ship now immobilized the throw manages to hit its mark landing among the powder stores creating a larger explosion that actually blows a hole in the ship forcing the marines to evacuate.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:35 pm

"That went...surprisingly well, considering. If I had to guess, they'll be taking that ice bridge the mines formed over to that shore. Should we head to the shore to finish them off?" Torque smirked. "If we're fast enough, we might be able to salvage some supplies from their ship before it sinks, as well as whatever "tolls" they've been collecting."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:04 pm

"I tink' we'd best make sure dis' Kukris individual got no otha' tricks in store, ratha' den' deal wit' his scared crew. Mite' be risky goin' in now tah' loot, especially for da' non-swimmers. Unless it be full of perishable goods an' food, we can recover most of of its loot, equipment, an' otha' sturdy valuables from da' seabed, after it sinks.

By da' way, fantastic job yah' be doin', miss Carat. Tusken too!"

"Miss Carat? Are yah' okay?",

Perception:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:04 pm

Boomer after fighting the fires... Felt her tummy grumble and realized they'd not yet done a party bomb yet. So she triggered one. "Here.. Get some food and eat it fast..."

Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:13 pm

Shallow just barely manages to see, due to the glare of the ice, that the ship is now entirely abandoned.

A few moments later Carat rather fitfully wakes up.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:29 pm

"Thanks, pon!", Shallow mumbles as he stuffs a few warm hay buns and a bunch of strawberries into his mouth for a 'quick' meal. "Best delay da' victory feasting for now, it looks like da' ice kept da' boat afloat! Seems a bit safer to loot, assumin' no unwanted partin' gifts be left aboard. Better act fast before it melts an' sinks! Oh, and Carat be roused, I see! Surely we are not dat' dull a company, are we?", he says, preparing the jolly boat for a small excursion.

Party Roll:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:36 pm

Carat slowly gets up. "What happened? Why must the sun be so bloody bright- FOOD!" She immediately goes straight for the food, eating as much of it as she can - which is most of it, considering her size. Boomer may have to make more. "No, you are not boring, I just like to take naps sometimes for no apparent reason. I usually forget why I thought it was a good idea when I wake up, though." She shrugs and winces, putting a hoof to her head.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next