Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

+42
Bubblez
Faege
Terrestial
Exuno
PhoenixSpectre
Cardbo
DrownedChampion
Broken Logic
mjh6
Copper Rose
Crystalite
Snagging Roots
deonte9109
Dusk Raven
LoganAura
Caden2112
Pingcode
Antiquated
AProcrastinatingWriter
RavenscroftRaven
Z2
Paper Shadow
Fury of the Tempest
Philadelphus
Lapis-Lazily
tygerburningbright
Mind Gamer
Stairc -Dan Felder
Zarhon
sunbeam
Hayatecooper
Demonu
A1C Bronymous
XandZero2
Kindulas
Xel Unknown
Ramsus
Sefton
Quietkal
Doc pseudopolis
ZamuelNow
SparkImpulse
46 posters

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 28 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:40 am

Faege wrote:[–2] Blink - Interrupt Utility
Trigger - An enemy targets you with an attack.
Effect - Flip a coin. If heads, you are not affected by the attack. If tails, gain 5 temporary HP.

When it says 'not affected', am I still a target of the attack? for example with roar of challenge

[–2] Roar of Challenge - Minor Utility
Target creature and all creatures adjacent to it are subjected to your “Roar of Challenge” until the end of your next turn. A creature subjected to your, “Roar of Challenge” deals half damage on attacks that do not include you as a target.

is Blink going to make it so I'm not a target?

Additionally, if my character is included in the attack as an adjacent thing (say fireball, and I'm one of the adjacent targets but not the main target) does that negate roar or challenge?

You're still targeted by the atttack, but it doesn't affect you. If it's a fireball it'll still affect others. You're blinking out of the way, you aren't cancelling the fireball.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 28 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  Faege Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:49 am

Restating question since I wasn't clear in the last post:

If I'm included in an attack by virtue of being adjacent (again, for example I'm one of the adjacent creatures in fireball) does that negate the half damage effect of Roar of Challenge?

Target creature and all creatures adjacent to it are subjected to your “Roar of Challenge” until the end of your next turn. A creature subjected to your, “Roar of Challenge” deals half damage on attacks that do not include you as a target.

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:56 am

Faege wrote:Restating question since I wasn't clear in the last post:

If I'm included in an attack by virtue of being adjacent (again, for example I'm one of the adjacent creatures in fireball) does that negate the half damage effect of Roar of Challenge?

Blink doesn't prevent you being targeted in any way. It simply prevents you from being affected after you're targeted.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:01 am

I think he means like just in general, independent to Blink, do adjacent effects count as being targeted for the purposes of Roar of Challenge?
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:04 am

AleneShazam wrote:I think he means like just in general, independent to Blink, do adjacent effects count as being targeted for the purposes of Roar of Challenge?

Got it. Being adjacent doesn't count as being targeted. You're adjacent to the target of the attack. Otherwise the attack would hit everyone, because everyone would be adjacent to the adjacents to the adjacents.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:12 am

How does Implant Parasite interact with conjure weapon talents? You mentioned that Items and Traits can still be used, how do abilities that are introduced later in combat work? Can it still be used?

Implant Parasite:
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:17 am

You can use it
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:27 am

Something you said earlier made me question a combo I'd thought of a while back...

Conjurer’s Artillery
Prerequisite: Conjurer’s Pet
Your Conjurer’s Pet gains the following combat talent.

[0] Farblast - Standard Attack
The Conjurer’s Pet deals 1d6 damage to target creature and each creature adjacent to it

Conjurer’s Shadow
Your Conjurer’s Pet gains the following trait.

Trait - Conjurer’s Shadow
Whenever your Conjurer’s Pet attacks a creature, that creature also suffers 2 ongoing damage (save ends). If that creature is already suffering from ongoing damage, you may increase the amount of ongoing damage it is suffering from by 2.

When these two are combined, is each creature damaged by Farblast given 2 Ongoing Damage? Or just the primary target?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:01 am

Dusk Raven wrote:Something you said earlier made me question a combo I'd thought of a while back...

Conjurer’s Artillery
Your Conjurer’s Pet gains the following combat talent.

[0] Farblast - Standard Attack
The Conjurer’s Pet deals 1d6 damage to target creature and each creature adjacent to it

Conjurer’s Shadow
Your Conjurer’s Pet gains the following trait.

Trait - Conjurer’s Shadow
Whenever your Conjurer’s Pet attacks a creature, that creature also suffers 2 ongoing damage (save ends). If that creature is already suffering from ongoing damage, you may increase the amount of ongoing damage it is suffering from by 2.

When these two are combined, is each creature damaged by Farblast given 2 Ongoing Damage? Or just the primary target?

All three get the ongoing damage.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:28 pm

Soldier's Armor:
Does the second clause (if you already have resist) mean that the increased Resistance doesn't require temp HP?

Stunning Heron's Palm:
Does this stop the attack from occurring?
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:21 am

[–2] Chain Lightning - Standard Attack
Deal 1d10 to target creature. If you roll a 6 or higher you may make this attack again without pay its energy cost, except you must choose a new target.

Does being dazed prevent you from activating the 6+ effect?

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:36 am

AleneShazam wrote:
Soldier's Armor:
Does the second clause (if you already have resist) mean that the increased Resistance doesn't require temp HP?

No, it's referring to the resist you gain from having temp hp. It gives you resist 2 if you don't have any or increases your resist by 2 if you do. You still need temp HP for this effect.

Stunning Heron's Palm:
Does this stop the attack from occurring?

Yep, Interrupts happen before the effect resolves. Reactions happen after.

Faege wrote:[–2] Chain Lightning - Standard Attack
Deal 1d10 to target creature. If you roll a 6 or higher you may make this attack again without pay its energy cost, except you must choose a new target.

Does being dazed prevent you from activating the 6+ effect?

Nope. It's still part of the same action (unless I misremember what dazed does in the system, it's been a while since I read these rules). The intent would be that dazed does not stop this 6+ effect though, so I'd rule it that way in a game I was running.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:36 pm

[0] Healer’s Blessing - Reaction Utility
Trigger - You use a talent that results in an ally gaining temporary HP.
Effect - You gain the same amount of temporary HP.

Does "results in" mean that the temporary HP has to be part of the talent? As in, if I had medic's robes:

Medic’s Robes - 1500 Gold
Armor
When you grant a single ally HP with a combat talent, that ally also gains 4 temporary HP.

And I healed an ally, thus giving them 4 temp HP, would I also gain 4 temp HP?
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:40 pm

Medic's Robes is intended to combo with Healer's Blessing.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:49 pm

Pacifist
You suffer a -2 penalty to damage. Whenever you grant an ally HP, that ally also gains 1d10 temporary HP.

How does that roll for talents like Grace?

[–1] Grace - Standard Utility [Created by Azureink]
Up to six target creatures gain 3 HP.

Would 1d10 be rolled once and applied to all targets, or all targets get their own 1d10 roll?
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:50 pm

AleneShazam wrote:Pacifist
You suffer a -2 penalty to damage. Whenever you grant an ally HP, that ally also gains 1d10 temporary HP.

How does that roll for talents like Grace?

[–1] Grace - Standard Utility [Created by Azureink]
Up to six target creatures gain 3 HP.

Would 1d10 be rolled once and applied to all targets, or all targets get their own 1d10 roll?

Rolled once. AOE is rolled once so special move triggers aren't broken.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:09 am

[–1] My Life is Yours - Minor Utility
Pay 5 HP. Target creature gains 9 HP.

What happens if you had 5 or less HP and used it on yourself?
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:12 am

AleneShazam wrote:[–1] My Life is Yours - Minor Utility
Pay 5 HP. Target creature gains 9 HP.

What happens if you had 5 or less HP and used it on yourself?

You can't pay HP you don't have. If you have exactly 5 HP you can use the talent, but the payment is part of the cost. You'll go unconscious and the rest of the talent won't do anything. If I was GMing though, I'd rule that you could use it on an ally if you have *exactly* 5hp for flavor reasons, but this is just because it's cool. It technically breaks the rules.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:27 am

(Sorry for so many questions but I've been on a bit of a character creation binge here)

1. The triggering attack hits you - as in, the target becomes you instead of the ally, right?
Question 1 talents:

2. With My Life Is Yours, what happens if the health payment dropped me below zero while Die Another Day is active - for example, if I had 1HP and paid down to -4 HP? Would I then heal to 9 HP, because you start healing from 0? Or would I heal to 5 HP because -4 + 9 = 5?

Question 2 Talents:

3. Take Life - pretty sure this is a formatting error, as it doesn't specify who gets to gain life, you or another target creature or just an ally.

[–2] Take Life - Standard Attack
Roll 1d12. Deal that much damage to target creature gain life equal to the roll result.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:43 am

AleneShazam wrote:(Sorry for so many questions but I've been on a bit of a character creation binge here)

1. The triggering attack hits you - as in, the target becomes you instead of the ally, right?
Question 1 talents:

Yep.

2. With My Life Is Yours, what happens if the health payment dropped me below zero while Die Another Day is active - for example, if I had 1HP and paid down to -4 HP? Would I then heal to 9 HP, because you start healing from 0? Or would I heal to 5 HP because -4 + 9 = 5?

You can't pay HP you don't have, even if you would stay conscious at negative HP. You can't pay pips that would reduce you to negative pips either. You are not able to pay 5 hp when you are at 1, no matter what. This is a cost, you aren't just dealing 5 damage to yourself.

3. Take Life - pretty sure this is a formatting error, as it doesn't specify who gets to gain life, you or another target creature or just an ally.

[–2] Take Life - Standard Attack
Roll 1d12. Deal that much damage to target creature gain life equal to the roll result.

You gain the life.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:29 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:

You can't pay HP you don't have, even if you would stay conscious at negative HP. You can't pay pips that would reduce you to negative pips either. You are not able to pay 5 hp when you are at 1, no matter what. This is a cost, you aren't just dealing 5 damage to yourself.
With that said, do you not lose HP to things like Death Beckons (both as user and target), Blood Pact, and any sort of enemy attack that causes HP loss while you are below 0 HP (or to the point you reach 0)? If you can not pay with HP you do not have, then can you lose HP you do not have?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:40 am

Do saving throw bonuses stack?
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:56 pm

In wanderlust if you took the form of the bear trait, which gives this challenge effect and challenging powers:

Bear Challenges:

how does that interact with the normal challenges not given by form of the bear, say the avenger feature?

Normal Challenges:
Would you then have two different types of challenges, Bear challenges and Normal challenges, where the Bear challenges do the 10 damage effect, and Normal challenges do the normal Xd10 per level damage effect?

For example: I have 4 enemies. I challenge 3 of them with Roar, and the last 1 with Avenger's challenge. They all trigger their challenges. How would I deal damage like that?
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Tue May 02, 2017 5:33 am

Paper Shadow wrote:
Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:

With that said, do you not lose HP to things like Death Beckons (both as user and target), Blood Pact, and any sort of enemy attack that causes HP loss while you are below 0 HP (or to the point you reach 0)? If you can not pay with HP you do not have, then can you lose HP you do not have?

Losing HP is just a type of damage being dealt. Losing life directly just gets around stuff like resistance. To pay something, you actually have to have it. I understand the terminology suggests some weirdness here, but to pay something you have to have the thing you're paying with. Paying does not mean "deal this much damage to yourself", which is basically what losing life is (it just gets around resistance).

AleneShazam wrote:Do saving throw bonuses stack?

No. Highest bonus.

Espresso wrote:In wanderlust if you took the form of the bear trait, which gives this challenge effect and challenging powers:

Bear Challenges:

how does that interact with the normal challenges not given by form of the bear, say the avenger feature?

Normal Challenges:
Would you then have two different types of challenges, Bear challenges and Normal challenges, where the Bear challenges do the 10 damage effect, and Normal challenges do the normal Xd10 per level damage effect?

For example: I have 4 enemies. I challenge 3 of them with Roar, and the last 1 with Avenger's challenge. They all trigger their challenges. How would I deal damage like that?

The bear trait applies an *additional* 10 damage to all challenges applied with the bear trait's benefits (such as its passive effect and its in-bear-form combat powers that challenge enemies). The three roar enemies would suffer Leveld10 damage + 10. The avenger challenge would suffer just leveld10. People get less scared of bears as they level up, so the added scary factor of having bear powers that is represented in challenges doesn't scale.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:17 pm

On page 17 of Wanderlust - The Adventurer's Guide, footnote 2 simply repeats the text of footnote one on the previous page, dealing with Life, when it should be addressing initiative. What's the text supposed to be?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next