Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Ahoof Sign-up and OOC [ONE SPOT OPEN]

+7
Fury of the Tempest
Quietkal
sunbeam
Lapis-Lazily
ZamuelNow
Crystalite
Copper Rose
11 posters

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Mystery Ahoof Sign-up and OOC [ONE SPOT OPEN] - Page 5 Empty Re: Mystery Ahoof Sign-up and OOC [ONE SPOT OPEN]

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:43 pm

BTW, I'm a little lost... didn't expect the posting to be so quick... so I'm quite a bit behind.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Mystery Ahoof Sign-up and OOC [ONE SPOT OPEN] - Page 5 Empty Re: Mystery Ahoof Sign-up and OOC [ONE SPOT OPEN]

Post  Copper Rose Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:22 am

Things should generally go much slower during the work/school week since school pretty much just started back up for me. If they don't, please yell at me. Don't be afraid of DM Wrath in this case, because that would mean more posts would have to be made.

Seriously, yell at me if I do more than one post a day outside of weekends/holidays.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:23 am

Fury of the Tempest wrote:BTW, I'm a little lost... didn't expect the posting to be so quick... so I'm quite a bit behind.

I am also feeling a bit left behind.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:58 pm

I think the main issue with speed is figuring out the right balance between individual plotlines and the main story. In theory, some interactions should be self sustaining if they involve interaction between players as opposed to required GM involvement.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:32 am

"The main story" may wind up an interesting issue. Wondering how things will progress from here. I was gung ho for city exploration since I was hoping it would be a good avenue for worldbuilding but not sure where things will go from here.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:46 am

The man has a point. Particularly considering the abundance of side-stories.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:40 pm

So...um, where do things go from here?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:47 am

Personally, I'm waiting for 20 minutes worth of actions to take place, because I wasn't warned that talking to a tree would incapacitate me for that long...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:54 am

You clearly haven't attended enough Elder Ent meetings.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:12 am

While it's good for different plants to have different "voices", the response sorta felt like it's dragging things out and wasting his use of it. As far as Beams Brightly, it's a coin flip on whether or not she'd see what's taking so long (thus not be 20 minutes) or she'd leave. Well, she'd be more inclined see what's going on but that's due to her making the suggestion they go world building explore the city.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:20 am

River is waiting patiently to be taken to the police office, and has already been told off for going and doing her own thing...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:22 pm

*sigh* why has nobody thought to ask the mare about the pony she was supposed to meet up with at this bar?
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:55 am

Quite simply, no one thought to. Multiple characters have their own plotlines and intriguingly, most of them were the ones to do the heavier investigation work. Mystery is probably one of the hardest genres for an RPG since players may not catch clues that seem to be obvious from the GM side of the table. Plus, we don't know what the overarching plot for this is. While I generally try to avoid using out of character information, I can have Beams Brightly think she forgot something and go back in the bar. If Silver Lining is detained for 20 minutes, she'd certainly have the time. Or is there a way that you think would be better to handle the situation?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:42 pm

*Reads ZamuelNow's post*

*Completely rewrites the campaign's future*
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:53 pm

...did I break something or did I fix something? Or did I horribly break something?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:18 pm

I think you made her realize she had written a story instead of a campaign, and that it would play like those old kids video games (I think the big one was pajama sam), where characters won't react the right way until you talk to someone completely different first.
At least, I'm pretty sure it's a reaction to your OOC post rather than Beams Brightly.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:45 pm

Can I have a heads-up of how much time remaining before I can do stuff again?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:37 am

Lets say 2-3 minutes have passed, (sorry, 20 min IC is a lot longer than I thought it would be OOC. Lets shorten it to 7-8 minutes.) so there are about 5 minutes left.

Also, no, I didnt write it like a story. I wrote it as a bunch of completely unconnected, tiny things, somewhat realistic but extremely boring now that I think about it that way.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:07 pm

Okay, well since I'm apparently jumping in soon with Clover (link), what's gone on in the game thus far?
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:58 pm

-Two "mysteries" solved by the man you replaced (there was a hole in a bag and an affair going on).
-Dancing River woke up next to a lacerated corpse without many memories.
-A pleasant NPC just showed up at the bar we're all berating each other in, who apparently was coming to meet Dancing River here. She's lost her memory from the moment she left her house, but if you find Paper Shadow's last post, a nearby tree can describe her traveling compatriot (who is currently nowhere to be seen).

Have I missed anything? Oh, yes, Dancing River isn't supposed to trust anyone who already knows her name, so when this nice NPC whose name I still haven't learned calls out to her, she...well...tackled her. That's about where we are now, I think.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:08 am

I'm not sure if I used big enough words...
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:43 am

Yes! Moar big words, or I shall yell at you in Chinese!
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:01 pm

So, am I free now?

Because otherwise you'll have to tell Zamuel all the rulings about Speak to Nature you gave me, since he isn't in the Skype group...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:38 pm

Yes, you are free as a pony with its head unattached to a tree.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:41 pm

Crystalite wrote:Popping in to announce; life took some pretty bad turns for me, that I would rather not discuss openly; and I need to put Pony Tales aside for a little while. Might be a day or two, might be as long as a couple of weeks...

Sorry.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next