Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cirque du Celeste [play-by-post, slice of life campaign][FULL]

+10
Fury of the Tempest
Crystalite
Brony 7 of 9
Senshuken
Paper Shadow
Elacular
Quietkal
A1C Bronymous
mjh6
TheCavalry
14 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Cirque du Celeste [play-by-post, slice of life campaign][FULL] - Page 5 Empty Re: Cirque du Celeste [play-by-post, slice of life campaign][FULL]

Post  Colter Bolt Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:07 am

Sorry to butt in, but Paper never posted anything about being practicing inside. He just said that Tan was practicing his harmonica skills. The mention of inside the wagon was for character building, just like how you mentioned that Flashpoint didn't sleep in the wagon. Should Paper wish to have been one that was pulling the wagon, that is his choice. Again, sorry.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Cirque du Celeste [play-by-post, slice of life campaign][FULL] - Page 5 Empty Re: Cirque du Celeste [play-by-post, slice of life campaign][FULL]

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:45 am

Yeah, but my post established that we were sharing a wagon, and also established that he was inside the wagon. Plus, how much practicing can he have had in the solid minute between pulling the wagon, stopping, and then Three Ring making her announcement? Logically, he was either inside practicing, or you have to retcon both our posts.

Or you can get really elaborate with an explanation on how he was practicing during the time he was pulling the wagon, whilst all his hooves were occupied and he was probably exerting himself too much to breathe correctly to play a harmonica, AND that the snake was somewhere besides with him while pulling and only now decided to join him.

Really it can go ether way.

Look, its not like I'm trying to skip out on my work- Flashpoint is trying to skip out, but I know full well something is gonna make him do it anyway. But until then...
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:44 am

Bronymous wrote:Yeah, but my post established that we were sharing a wagon, and also established that he was inside the wagon. Plus, how much practicing can he have had in the solid minute between pulling the wagon, stopping, and then Three Ring making her announcement? Logically, he was either inside practicing, or you have to retcon both our posts.

Or you can get really elaborate with an explanation on how he was practicing during the time he was pulling the wagon, whilst all his hooves were occupied and he was probably exerting himself too much to breathe correctly to play a harmonica, AND that the snake was somewhere besides with him while pulling and only now decided to join him.

Really it can go ether way.

Look, its not like I'm trying to skip out on my work- Flashpoint is trying to skip out, but I know full well something is gonna make him do it anyway. But until then...
Technically you never said he was in the wagon, just that you peered in and realised that you were sharing a wagon with him. You could have seen some snake stuff and realised that. In addition, you specifically mention the Flashpoint "throw off his blanket" while on top of the caravan, which he was on as it "pulled to a stop", so it still makes more sense if Tan Nat was pulling...

But I'll leave the decision and dice roll to the DM, since he is in charge of Tan Nat and this technically has nothing to do with Viper...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:23 am

Had you guys roll to sort out a rota,explaining this part. Since the tent is in need of assemblage, thought I'd get some of you working on PR.

The rest of you, kill Phil Coltson. The people making the circus tent need to push.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:15 am

TheCavalry wrote:Had you guys roll to sort out a rota,explaining this part. Since the tent is in need of assemblage, thought I'd get some of you working on PR.

The rest of you, kill Phil Coltson. The people making the circus tent need to push.
Wait, what is happening now?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:17 am

#ColtsonLives

And while I did write that Newton was in the wagon, it's just as likely he was pulling the wagon (if he didn't have a pony pull it for him), ran in to get his mask, and ran out, then tried to set up the tents in his confusion.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:48 pm

I'm not entirely sure what's going on right now, who's where or being talked to, etc. Did we decide on where and what do Tan was? because it doesn't change my earlier statement that she told him to go help.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:55 pm

Bronymous wrote:I'm not entirely sure what's going on right now, who's where or being talked to, etc. Did we decide on where and what do Tan was? because it doesn't change my earlier statement that she told him to go help.
Yeah, who was pulling our carriage? Tan or the guy who was sleeping on top of the carriage?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:54 pm

Yeah, was it the guy practicing his harmonica or someone else? I'm not saying I was pulling it, I'm saying I thought someone else was pulling it.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:32 pm

I'm sorry...

I might have misread something. I thought that Barkov, Newton, Risky and Flare were at the wagon with the circus tent, while Tan, Flashpoint and Tale Spinner were (so far) still at or outside their wagons, in the general area.

Then Three Ring called out Spinner, Newton and Flaspoint, leading Risky, Barkov and Pegasus NPC. I didn't want to make Flashpoint or Tan do anything yet, without your permissions, but I added the comment about the griffon chef at the bottom in case you wanted to do that instead if work.

Sorry... If I mess up, please, let me know. It's the only way I'll learn.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:36 pm

No, you have it right. I just wasn't sure if you were just moving us along without resolving our thing first- and instead you're moving along without us. SINCE that is the case, regardless on what we decide about Tan I'm still waiting on his response before I go do anything else.

So basically, we need to resolve that, and then we can catch up with the game.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:07 am

Sorry but just to clear this up my understanding of what was happening was that Three Ring had said she only needed one of us to stay behind to help with setting things up while the rest went into town; Because he had the highest roll and was paying attention the most, Barkov was the one who was staying to help out which he is more then happy to do since its her asking.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:28 am

I think it's the inverse of that; Three Ring needed one of us and the rest would work on the tents.
High roll does mean you're pretty far up the list for going out and letting townsfolk know about the circus though.
At least, that's my understanding. I could be wrong.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:31 am

Considering Newton and I both rolled 2s, I actually think low numbers go advertise.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:40 am

Ok so cavlry said that I could join as Hela Prose but she isn't afiliated with the circus yet. I can't think of a good entry point so I could use some help.
Reason Hela wants to join the circus :
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:01 am

RE Rolls:
I believe "rota" means rotation, as in a rotation schedule for who goes out to hand out flyers, and the rolls determined the current positions of everyone on that schedule. Maybe.

RE Hella Prose, yo:
Three PCs are heading into town to advertise the circus to the townsponies. Sounds like a solid hook to me.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:44 am

Ok sounds good. I'll just wait till they are in town putting up the posters.
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:54 am

Bronymous wrote:No, you have it right. I just wasn't sure if you were just moving us along without resolving our thing first- and instead you're moving along without us. SINCE that is the case, regardless on what we decide about Tan I'm still waiting on his response before I go do anything else.

So basically, we need to resolve that, and then we can catch up with the game.
Well, as I said before, Calvary is in charge of Tan since he is a companion, so it's up to him to respond to you...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:33 pm

Hey I can't get ahold of cavlry but I wanted to run this by someone. What do you think of this for an entry point.
Hela Prose enters:
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:43 pm

Taffy, I just messaged you, let me know if it went through.

Shadow- oh dear. See, embarrassing situations like this is why we need a Flutterempte.
I thought companions were played by their "owners". I'll post with Tan now (if that's okay) though f you want to play him yourself, let me know. Also, message me if there's any particular personality you want me to play him with.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:53 pm

Loud Taffy wrote:Hey I can't get ahold of cavlry but I wanted to run this by someone. What do you think of this for an entry point.  
Hela Prose enters:
We haven't arrived in town yet. Working on that little part but I'm waiting until everyone else has posted to avoid cluttering up the thread with my comments alone.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:59 pm

Companions are sometimes played by their owners, but because their ability of interaction are left up to the DM- what they can and cannot do in a situation- some people like to treat them as NPCs and have the DM do it. Usually when this happens though, the companion isn't the primary means of communication between the player and the rest of the group.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:17 pm

I think it would be easier for Paper Shadow to control Tan for the following reasons:
1) it is his companion after all
2) to not burden our (first time) DM with extra responsibilities
3) it would hinder player to player communication/interaction by essentially forcing the DM to be a mediator inbetween (so we have player <--> DM <--> player instead of the easier player <--> player)

Still, that's only my opinion. I can't decide how you play your character(s) but please do realise what the consequences would be in this particular set-up.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:51 pm

TheCavalry wrote:"So, can one of you take that end and see if the tents are done yet? Dunno about you, but I don't want to sit her waiting on them to get them planted in the ground."
Quietkal wrote:Risky smiles and shakes his head at her comment about the fetishes, before grabbing the loose rope and quickly knotting it to the coil around his neck and taking a few steps toward where they're working on the tents.
Still smirking, he quickly wanders to the tent group to see how they're coming.
Senshuken wrote:...
Nodding towards the mare, the diamond dog smiled warmly he went to go and check up on the status on the tents. Someone had to do it after all.
:^I

Also I gotta agree with Demonu. If the snake's trying to hide the fact that he's a talking snake, it'll be difficult for you to roleplay with the other players (my belief of the purpose of this game), except specifically through TheCalvary.

It's a cool thing and stuff, but it definitely complicates things quite a bit. But I dunno, maybe you and TheCalvary have already worked out the thing and it's fine.
Everything's fine.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:08 pm

Hmm, I guess you are right. Just observing I notice Calvary isn't on often enough to make it work (he's on often enough to run a game fine, just not be able to respond to each of my posts to basically pass on the same message when talking to PCs), so I dunno. This leaves two options; I control Tan, or Viper talks to everyone else. Personally I find that both dampen the character (or characters), but I feel that Viper talking is the lesser of two evils, as I really like the dynamic of Viper and Tan and I feel that playing both roles would really hurt it, while Viper talking to others isn't as bad, although it can feel weird that a snake would lead the conversation (although hey maybe that adds to the character). Might need some personality tweaking to make sure it works, but that's fine. What is everyone's thoughts?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next