Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cirque du Celeste [play-by-post, slice of life campaign][FULL]

+10
Fury of the Tempest
Crystalite
Brony 7 of 9
Senshuken
Paper Shadow
Elacular
Quietkal
A1C Bronymous
mjh6
TheCavalry
14 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Cirque du Celeste [play-by-post, slice of life campaign][FULL] - Page 3 Empty Re: Cirque du Celeste [play-by-post, slice of life campaign][FULL]

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:40 pm

... I mentioned a changeling. Because I want to play one.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Cirque du Celeste [play-by-post, slice of life campaign][FULL] - Page 3 Empty Re: Cirque du Celeste [play-by-post, slice of life campaign][FULL]

Post  Crystalite Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:46 pm

Okee. Still finding myself attracted to a clown, though.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:07 pm

Well, go ahead and play a clown then
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:02 am

So I hear there is still an opening left here?

Let me know whether or not I can join and I'll start working on character.

Also, what are these Sunbeam Criticals? There doesn't seem to be a link in the first post.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:03 am

Actually, I was just about to post in the group thread mentioning that. You want in, then sure thing; I just need to edit the title and players list.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:08 am

TheCavalry wrote:Actually, I was just about to post in the group thread mentioning that. You want in, then sure thing; I just need to edit the title and players list.
Cool, I'll start working on a character then. Thinking something of a bard/storyteller if that would be alright. Or does it need to be more inclined towards the physical/showy aspect?
(I could accomplish that by working with illusions or something)

Any restrictions regarding character (creation) I should know?
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:14 am

Sunbeams Criticals

Sorry about that, there's a reason I keep Cherriderp on stand-by Cheerilee Derp 

Honestly, play whatever you want; it's why I haven't really posted here. I don't want to end up influencing or restricting the kind of characters you want to use.

That said, we already have at least one non-show based character, and I love bards, so I admit, I'd be kind of interested to see that.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:22 am

TheCavalry wrote:Sunbeams Criticals

Sorry about that, there's a reason I keep Cherriderp on stand-by Cheerilee Derp 

Honestly, play whatever you want; it's why I haven't really posted here. I don't want to end up influencing or restricting the kind of characters you want to use.

That said, we already have at least one non-show based character, and I love bards, so I admit, I'd be kind of interested to see that.
I'll try not to go too crazy Smile
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:26 am

TheCavalry wrote:That said, we already have at least one non-show based character, and I love bards, so I admit, I'd be kind of interested to see that.

Non-show based? Whom and how so?

Also I finished updating my Abilities, kinda feels good to put some new polish on my favorite old Build.

But hot damn was he outdated, I don't think all of his Combat talents exist anymore.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:30 am

Flare is a roustabout,mac cording to her backstory.

A Roustabout is an archaic term for a member of the non-performing ground crew of a circus. We’ve adopted the word to describe our active members who are helping us in all the jobs that happen off stage and behind the curtain.

While performers are the highly visible portion of any circus event, we don’t view them as better or more important than our production crew. In fact, there’s usually quite a bit of overlap between the two roles. We like to say that every one of us is a Roustabout, but sometimes we step on a stage and spend time being a performer.

The ‘Rousties’ also do a lot of work when there isn’t a show being produced. Creative Motion is entirely staffed by volunteers. Every SpinFest, Cirque Out and Open Stage event is run by a dedicated crew willing to put in their time and sweat to make things happen for our community.

In short, the Roustabout crew are the unsung heroes that make all of this insanity possible.

From... some website. Obviously part of the circus appeal is performing, but there are a lot of jobs that aren't strictly physical or showy-inclined.

TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:35 am

Oh, non-circus show based. I thought you meant not based on MLP.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:00 am

Quick question for those more familiar with the rulings: How does Mirage work with it being at will and a prep time of 5 minutes?
Do you activate it and then wait for 5 minutes or do you wait for 5 minutes working on it and then use it?

And what's the major difference with Illusionary Image? Because so far, Illusionary Image just seems better on every front.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:03 am

You don't have to stay near the Mirage, but it also cant act or make sounds.

Flashpoint is complete, combat wasn't as outdated as I thought. Just needs backstory and redone flavoring, but I'll do that later.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:55 am

Demonu wrote:Quick question for those more familiar with the rulings: How does Mirage work with it being at will and a prep time of 5 minutes?
Do you activate it and then wait for 5 minutes or do you wait for 5 minutes working on it and then use it?

And what's the major difference with Illusionary Image? Because so far, Illusionary Image just seems better on every front.
It differs from DM to DM, but generally it is that you declare intent to use the ability (in this case Mirage), wait the preparation time, and as long as you didn't get distracted and do something else (such as enter combat or make a skill check), then your ability activates...

The main difference is the fact that Illusionary Image has a 3/Day limit. While the illusion can't make sounds or move when you are further than 50ft away, Mirage doesn't make sound anyway, and if you lose concentration while using Mirage it disappears anyway. Also if your Persuasion is higher than 15 then your Mirage is harder to identify as an illusion, but that's about it, but less than 15 and Illusionary Image is better...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:36 am

Got my character build done. Only need to add in background. Will post sometime later today.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:07 pm

Ohey Demonu. Good to see you're still around.
I've got Risky Chances pretty much built, just need to do combat and flavor things and build something of a backstory. So he's like half-way there.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:10 pm

So, quick reminder/request; it isn't compulsory, bit I'd appreciate it if you guys could answer StairC's Questionaire and PM it to me after you've posted your character sheets.

It's not compulsory, and I won't penalise you for failing to do so or for deciding you want to change your answers later, but considering how many players are involved here, having a cheat sheet of stuff you're all interested in playing (if only as an aid for plotting) would be appreciated.

Um, if that's okay, Fluttershy emote.

And Kal, I've added the link to the front page, since you're half-done. If you'd rather I wait until you were finished the backstory and combat build, let me know and I'll take it down.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:13 pm

Ugh. I'm sorry to be such a PitA, but I'm backing out for good. Have an epic campaign.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:28 pm

No problem, thanks for letting us know.

...so, we're back to nine players which is a decent amount. Even so, I'll leave one slot open for nylon else who might be interested in being the tenth player, because I have a thing for round numbers.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:33 pm

Fair enough.

Any time table on when you're planning on starting this fun adventure up?
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:44 pm

What does PitA mean?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:54 pm

My guess is "Pain in the A$$" If I'm wrong, sorry.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:53 pm

Got my character sheet done: Tale Spinner
Will flesh out more and do Stairc's character questionaire tomorrow.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:49 pm

Flashpoint's Backstory is done.
I realized while writing this that I made a bit of a mistake. I have always had FP built mechanically to be extremely Athletics based, but his CM has basically nothing to do with Athletics- it's very clearly Mechanics. But, I don't feel like re tooling his entire build to fix this inaccuracy, nor to I want to step on the toes of any Mechanics experts we already have, so I'm going to keep his CM bonus in Athletics, and just roll with it.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:39 am

...So, anyone else wishing to jump into the brawl?
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next