Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cirque du Celeste [play-by-post, slice of life campaign][FULL]

+10
Fury of the Tempest
Crystalite
Brony 7 of 9
Senshuken
Paper Shadow
Elacular
Quietkal
A1C Bronymous
mjh6
TheCavalry
14 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Cirque du Celeste [play-by-post, slice of life campaign][FULL] - Page 2 Empty Re: Cirque du Celeste [play-by-post, slice of life campaign][FULL]

Post  Elacular Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:02 pm

I think I'm just gonna spectate this time around. Have fun you guys.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Cirque du Celeste [play-by-post, slice of life campaign][FULL] - Page 2 Empty Re: Cirque du Celeste [play-by-post, slice of life campaign][FULL]

Post  Senshuken Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:26 pm

Question: What kind of combat rules are we working with? Skype or Board?
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:30 pm

Oh, I guess I should say this now before we have multiple people after the same role. I'm making a Snake Charmer...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:54 pm

Good idea Paper.
I'm currently building Risky Chances, a knife juggler. I wouldn't be opposed to a second knife juggler though; they do tend to be more interesting acts when the act has the potential to go horribly awry.
Might make a clown or a pony cannonball though. Not sure. Probably Risky Chances.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:04 pm

...you know what? I'm gonna try again. The twins were a wash, but I'm gonna try and put something else together. Give me three hours.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:07 pm

I'm working on Cavendish, a magician.

Well, there's more to him, but his sheet's not quite ready.

Edit: All done - faster than I thought!
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:41 pm

Senshuken wrote:Question: What kind of combat rules are we working with? Skype or Board?

Skype rules, which I'll edit into my opening post.

TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:44 pm

Can I get a spot? There are so many different concepts I have for this I may need to submit multiple sheets...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:59 pm

Elacular wrote:...you know what? I'm gonna try again. The twins were a wash, but I'm gonna try and put something else together. Give me three hours.

What was wrong with the twins? What, now you don't like my idea?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:03 pm

I think it's the whole companion thing that made him change his mind.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:36 pm

Oh so one of the twins was a companion. Then nevermind, that's different from my twins.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:24 pm

...I'll take the fact my name is on a list that I can submit stuff. I'll head for the library.

Also, a tip for the GM: for a (Mostly?) Slice-of-Life campaign you might get away with it... But for a Play by Post you generally want no more than about 6. More than that, and you're waiting too long waiting for people to post, especially if combat should happen. Now granted, it may not be as big of an issue if it's mainly character interaction: the players make little "pockets" and you can address them seperately as each one posts (Think kinda like Fever Enigmatic.) Just something to be aware of.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:30 pm

Yeah, sorry, should have messages you or something to say you were in, my bad.

And yes, since it was slice of life, I kind of expected pockets to form...but still, eight players have expressed interest thus far. Since this has been up for nearly 24 hours, I think it's fair to say most people who are interested have said so, so... I'll probably allow up to two more characters, since I like round numbers.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:32 pm

Hmmm...I'm not really feeling any of my theoretical characters so far. I think I'll hold back and see what everyone else makes before I put something else together, if that's alright.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:15 pm

As I suspected, my sheet is still on GE, so I'll need to change it. Might not be done before tomorrow night, we'll see.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:15 am

Barkov the Magnificent!

There we go.

I've noticed that we have another magician character already... I have an awesome idea for an act already in mind...
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:07 am

Senshuken wrote:Barkov the Magnificent!

There we go.

I've noticed that we have another magician character already... I have an awesome idea for an act already in mind...
Just a heads up, as of the ability system, you can only have one resistance (since you can take Elemental Resistance only once and it only gives one resistance), so you are gonna need to drop either Fireborn or Waterborn...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:07 am

Paper Shadow wrote:

There we go.

Just a heads up, as of the ability system, you can only have one resistance (since you can take Elemental Resistance only once and it only gives one resistance), so you are gonna need to drop either Fireborn or Waterborn...

And Waterborn is gone.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:30 am

Senshuken wrote:
Paper Shadow wrote:

There we go.

And Waterborn is gone.
Hopefully you'll still be brave enough to attempt an underwater escape artist trick...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:10 am

Hmmmmmm... I think I'm going to go for an flight-acrobat... or....

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.... do you think a changeling might be able to use their skills in the circus somehow?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:39 am

A changeling? A comedian, with a specialty for impressions and general clowning around.

Say, we don't have a clown yet. Maybe I should do that...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:44 am

... Changeling abilities might help, but I'm not really seeing a changeling clown being THAT special.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:25 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Hmmmmmm... I think I'm going to go for an flight-acrobat... or....

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.... do you think a changeling might be able to use their skills in the circus somehow?
Remember, this is post-season two, so post-wedding. That means changelings aren't exactly in the good books for ponies. I wouldn't be surprised to see a changeling in the "Freak Show" section, as degrading as it sounds. At the very least pretending to be a "freak"...

But I'm sure you can come up with an alternative...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:34 pm

I think having a changling working with the circus might actually attract attention.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:36 pm

Booyah. One changeling, comin' up.

...If nobody else wants it. Like I said, I have many paths to choose from.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next