Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silent Fractures (ooc) (pbp) (Full)

+3
A1C Bronymous
Dusk Raven
Loud Taffy
7 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Silent Fractures (ooc) (pbp) (Full)  - Page 6 Empty Re: Silent Fractures (ooc) (pbp) (Full)

Post  Loud Taffy Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:49 pm

Defenses count as skills.
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Silent Fractures (ooc) (pbp) (Full)  - Page 6 Empty Re: Silent Fractures (ooc) (pbp) (Full)

Post  TheCavalry Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:56 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Oh.... 2 minor errors I noticed on your sheet... While I'm not a fan of your sheet's skill format (I assume it makes better sense for you as the number addons instead of total figures, that is fine) but I noticed that Perception & Insight have the (+2) thing that untrained stats get by AJofAllTrades/TricksofTheTrade, but those two are trained stats, therefore they don't get the (+2) bonus. Also I noticed you didn't give the +2 to your defenses too... Which I believe, unless I'm mistaken (Loud, please tell me if I am) that they count as stats that could be trained therefore they equally get the +2 thing as well.

Yeah, I agree. The trained stats getting boosts was strange...
But the description of AJofAllTrades doesn't prohibit it.

Now, yes, I realise how it works in the old system, hence my confusion. I assumed it's now a flat modifier, since the old way of stat distribution was scrapped; it's now totally possible to have a ten in might, and 0 in Endurance after all. So I figured "All stats +2" was just a new quirk of the system.

For the record, I'm totally fine with changing if it isn't. Heck, it kind of seems like a cheap cost if that is how it works, since I was able to boost my Arcana close to 20 with minimal effort. But I thought I should explain my reasoning.

Similarly... I'm not sure I see the value of moons over companion in this new system. I went with Mook for flavour purposes...but for the same cost, companions have higher stats, last longer and can purchase abilities. Seemed odd.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:11 pm

I'm sorry Cavalry but trained skills do not receive a boost from that ability
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:14 pm

No problem. I'll remove the bonus on trained skills and add it to the defences then.

Er...when I can, I mean. Which probably won't be until Monday, but... well, that's why I had the +2 modifier separate.
Sorry about that.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:27 pm

No prob.

Xel you can post any time now.
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:41 pm

Had to ask Raven what Wormwood's cutie mark looked like first... Now the post is up.

Also never got a clear yay or nay if the Defenses also get the +2 boost.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:52 pm

It's a yay
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:00 pm

Oh by that logic, Cav, you can also if you wish, have your Willpower stat be an 11 or 12 (along with the +2 bonus) total given that by that logic Overreacher also affects the Defense stats.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:03 pm

I noticed that...damn. Least there's one pony who will be keeping a firm grip on her sanity.

Speaking if though, I have to leave, so I'll reply later. Feel free to keep talking though; the Reini is the kind of person who would read a book, seem to ignore you, then slip in a comment mid-conversation.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:51 pm

Another thing I noticed you have the wrong version of Ring of Resilience... It should be giving you a +1 to save ends not a +3... Remember we're using a D6 save ends system here.

Also at noticing that you still are 1000 Gold short (and I'm of the opinion that you should use ALL THE GOLD you can and trade out willy nilly at any non-combat time you feel the need too) That I gotta suggest for your build to try this trinket out instead of the two you picked out:

Spliced Treasure Trove Doc wrote:Ring of Adrenaline - 2000 Gold
Trinket
You may use the following combat talent.

[-1] Invigorating Burst - Free Utility
You gain 5 temporary hp.
This little baby combos SWIMMINGLY with the armor you've got. Also you can use it after we roll initiative to gain +5 temp & get your 1 resistance. All at the cost of spending one pip.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:08 pm

You don't always have to spend all your gold
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:22 pm

True... But in my opinion... YOU ARE CRIPPLING YOURSELF IF YOU DON'T!!! Unless you are unable to do so by all five equip slots being used up... Which even then in that case you can get more items... Trinkets from what I understand take one minor action to changeout & weapons take two minors to swap... (armors can't be swapped)
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:30 pm

This is a silent hill game, your gonna find crap. No need to standards or miners outside if battle. And no swapping in battle, it's too cheap an option.
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:36 pm

Err... Highly disagree with you there Loud... The Item Swapout feature of this system... Is such a sadly underused feature that most likely people don't even KNOW IT'S A THING! Would be a shame to say "nope that likely to be never used feature is banned" because it's already a feature that next to never gets ever used or even planned around being used! Hell wouldn't be shocked if Raven & Cav both didn't even know it's a thing till I had just brought it up...

Don't get me wrong, if you want to ban the idea of item swaping mid-combat... That's fine... Just I'm expressing my disagreement with it and why I disagree with it.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:51 pm

Well now that I think about it in SH 0 Travis is able to swap his stuff mid combat. So ya that's an option but only if your swapping for what's in your invantory.
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:16 pm

Eyep, and you can only do that for what items you are able to own that doesn't set you over your gold limit. So yeah...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:37 am

...I'm an idiot.

Now, granted... I am kind of rethinking certain parts of my build anyway. I don't want to just repeat Fairy and Ocean, both of which have some very useful abilities and items for save modifiers (and I can't wait until levelling up in STBLEstuck, yeeees...) but...

Well, if Taffy is okay with it, I may play with the items a bit. And my combat build: only until we get to combat, though! Obviously, after that, I'm sticking with it, since bonuses will have been in effect.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:52 am

OH HEY... Cav, I gotta tell you the good news (well kinda good news) that those in the chatroom already know:

I'm thinking of trying to build a full PTs combat rework thing...

What I know I'd do with this:
  • Use Wanderlust's combat power formatting (I liked that)
  • port over Wanderlust's Combat Features (REALLY liked that)
  • port over some of Wanderlust's combat talents (not all of them, just some that would be neat if added to Pony Tales and think they could work fine under it, know I'd 100% port over the new Monk Talents and try to add a [0] combo move...) [Might also work on an vice versa port for PT to Wanderlust, but that'd be lower on the list of things to do then porting some of Wanderlust over to PT hell would be the LOWEST on the list of things to do with this combat rework thingie]
  • adding in the d6 save ends thing. (Which I've already kinda done already, but would be on the listing of my combat rework junk)
  • Add new Slotless term & add Slotless Items and/or Traits
  • Remind people of the swapout item detail of the combat system with stuff that changes how that works a little. Like adding new ways to do it... Ways to make it faster... And like ways to do it for it for Armor.
  • COMPLEXITY adding version 1.0 rework, and versions of 1.5 or 2.0 where I streamline the complexity of the system's combat as a whole.
  • ALSO: would totally add suggestions on how to build custom items & junk for GMs to do and give their players. (something I think would be need to find GM made items that'd only work in the context of this campaign or like special items/moves/stuff that'd only be in effect for special combats...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:57 am

New headcanon: Cold is a of the Three-Masked Ninja school of social combat, it was how his simple Dojo homeschooled him that "educational scollary junk" which is what Cold's own words would honestly be if asked about "the masks"... These types of ninja own very special semi-magical masks, from two to four in fact in spite of their name as being 'three masked'... but there is a reason for that... For the two masks that Cold Iron owns... One mask is of Emotions 'Demon'... And the other is a Logics 'Angel'....There also is meant to be an inner-evil & and inner-good mask duo... But Cold Iron wasn't one to really care enough one way or another to really identify with any of the Evil or Good symbolism masks. Which is normal... Not everyone has strong ties to all of the "four" elements of Self the Three-Masked Ninja School talks about... (four elements being Emotion, Logic, Good, & Evil...) Normally you just strongly identifies with only one of the two pairings (IE: Good & Evil or Logic & Emotion) and then take one of their logic and emotion masks when you complete your schooling/training... The Third mask is the "you" mask a very special mask that you decide for yourself that is used to cover up the lower half of your face in the stereoptical ninja garb. There is also the "True" Mask which is your face itself... And that is a mask that you are meant to never show unless you feel you truly need to show it or are forced to show it...

Err... Just some random rambles that'll likely make more sense come Cav's next post to help me start dealing with the masks and the deeper symbolism and whatnot.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:40 pm

...Now that's some pretty deep symbolism regarding masks. I note that the choice of masks echoes D&D's alignment system (with emotion and logic corresponding to chaos and law). I'll be interested to see what you do with Cold Iron's brand of ninjitsu...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:25 pm

Personally... I'd say "law" is too chaotic to be chaos' counter... THEREFORE IT'S TRUE OPPOSITE IS ORDER, not law... In the Middle between Order & Chaos is Harmony... And Law is in the void between Order & Harmony... And like err, some type of anti-law exists inbetween harmony and chaos to counter law... But that's just my two bits on such D&D alignments...

Also in Cold's self-identity pair of "masks"... His "True" and "You" masks are backwards then the norm... (IE: Basically Cold in his Ninja Garb and mask on is his "true face" and his "you mask" is in naked face) Much like Batman... But not most people realise that factoid, so it's still a mask, just not one that he wears but one that others think he is wearing....
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:54 am

In the future when the story moves on, it moves on. I have reasons for the speed and pacing of the story. No more backwards quoting for dialogue continuations.
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:31 am

Again... I am sorry for that little bumb... Stuff like that happens ever now and then. Just had a big need to make that post is all. And didn't realize the moving on of the plot was happened... OPPS!
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:21 pm

It's no problem and didn't mean to jump all over you about it, was half asleep wasn't thinking clearly.
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:06 pm

At some point you should all follow the sign.
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next