Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge (Part 5)

5 posters

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge (Part 5) - Page 22 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge (Part 5)

Post  Azarune Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:52 am

Zthulan follows Rolf's lead, but directs Koras towards the splashing to investigate. "My spear enhances my abilities, not the source of them. I can easily leave it outside if something goes wrong." He whispers to the Rolf and the others.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:32 pm

Jeraylia unslings her bow and arrows, and approaches the door, also unsheathing her dagger.
"Righto. No problem." She puts down her stuff and looks to Zthulan. "Shaman, make sure to hex them as usual, so nobody makes off with our stuff." She gives him a a sly wink and turns back to the voices with a friendly smile. "Not that we'd suspect anyone here off that sort of thing."
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:25 pm

Horizon looks at the other two, placing a hand on his knife. "Nope."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:06 pm

"Rolf, do you think they would let Horizon stand guard?"
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:24 am

"These are my associates, Zthulan Ydal, Jeraylia Shale, and Horizon. We're an adventuring party called Scythe that formed in response to...recent events. As Horizon's not planning on disarming anytime soon, would it be alright if he waited outside while we conduct our business?" Rolf asked.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:00 am

"What, you're an adventurer now? That's just askin' for trouble, if you ask me... Just a second..."
The door opens after a bunch of clicks and jingles of the lock.
"Come in, keep your hands to yourself, and don't expect us to take responsibility for anything 'missing'. As for your masked friend, he's lucky he didn't get shot dead. You of all people should know we don't take kindly to someone who killed one of us! He ain't coming inside, period, unless he wants to be perforated. Rest of you I suppose are fine. Do your business as you see fit."
Behind the doorman is section of the sewers that's far less foul - which still isn't saying much. A number of beggars, lepers, gangs of kids, and other unsavory/unwanted people seem to be loitering about, and there are stalls and boxes and other such random junk or clutter that's either being sold or negotiated over, or simply was discarded. It's like a miniature flea market, guarded by a lot of intimidating glances from mean-looking people of various races, notably half-orcs and . One thing that stands out is a somewhat regal-looking tent that's guarded by two such 'bouncers'.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:48 pm

"You couldn't perforate me if you had a magic hammer, 3 dozen nails, and all the king's horses and all the king's men to try to put you back together again. Fight me." Horizon moves to push past the guard, impatient.

Intimidation, to let me in: 15+12+5(FK Initimidate) = 32
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:14 pm

The intimidation is very successful: the guard decides to slam the door closed again, before Horizon (or anyone else) can get in, very unwilling to fight him or let him inside. Movement is also heard behind the nearby murder-holes.

There is a time and place for intimidation, this wasn't it. You've all got one roll before door closes and stuff starts happening - with most of you already disarmed.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:02 pm

"Now, wait a moment!  I am not sure the story behind Horizon's actions, but the city is at risk, and if we cannot at least find a replacement for what was stolen the city will fall!" Pulling at his fingers nervously Zthulan continues. "I am a healer, surely there are injured that might require aid?"

"If need be I can spirit walk past these barriers inside, or even manipulate the stone to let us in."  Whispers Zthulan, body tense for anything.

Persuasion:Nat20 + 10 = 30
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:40 pm

Zthulan's speech sounded rather convincing, but Rolf felt it was best to be prepared for the worst.

"Zthulan speaks the truth; helping us will help the city and help you. Trying to harm us, however..."

Rolf started to summon stone discs to cover up the murderholes that he could see.

"...may be less productive than you think."

Rolling Persuasion assist...9 (1d20) + 10 = 19

Stepping Stones:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:50 pm

Rolf's floating discs effectively block the line of sight and firing ability of the murder-holes. Angry cussing is heard on the other side.  

The doorman hesitates, but hearing the argument and 'encouraged' by the lack of firing support, he ultimately opens the door. "Alright, alright! You make a point. Not sure why you need mr. scary there but okay, got enough problems I don't wanna tackle. But mark my... no, any scoundrel's word, your murderous... associate try anything stabby or stupid down here and you'll have a whole bunch of angry, smelly, frustrated people acting however they please on yer' asses. Welcome to our shithole. If yer' intent on healing, well, unless yer' blind ye'll find someone to help, assumin' they let you and aren't scammin', and don't expect thanks. Now if you excuse me..."

The doorman abandons the door and legs it, chiming with the sound of keys.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:25 pm

"See, that wasn't so hard," Jeraylia comments optimistically. "No one was stabbed or shot at, or bitten. Things are looking up. Although, why ya gotten threaten everything that moves, Horizon?" She shakes her head in mock disappointment. "Well, then," Jeraylia moves on, done with her spiel, "Who do we see about reacquiring lost goods?"
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:51 pm

"He threatened me first. He could have asked nicely, but nah." He walks forward with a subtly triumphant air. "And don't forget, anyone down here trying to capitalize on the city's suffering or disrupt our operations for personal gain can and should be considered the bad guy. If they're not doing that, then they don't have a reason to worry."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:26 am

"Ah yes, it was your uncompromising moral high ground that almost got us all killed; your need to be in control and your over-reliance on making everyone afraid of you had nothing to do with it." Rolf stepped forward and pushed open the door, waiting until all his companions were out of the corridor before dispelling the stepping stones. "Right then, let's ask around to see if we can find a tiefling that's selling a lot of soap. Zthulan, if you want to get to healing some of these people, go right ahead. I think getting information from them would be more reliable than donations, but you can use your judgement."

Rolling Streetwise to navigate the flea market... 13 (1d20) + 10 = 23
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:58 pm

"Yeah, but would it really be a worthwhile mission if I didn't almost get us all killed? Why mess with success?" Horizon shoots back sarcastically, but then follows along quietly to help with the search.

Perception Assist: 18+9= 27
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:35 pm

On the inquiries of soap, most of the "people" (indeed, the term barely applies from the look of some of these people) direct you towards the guarded tent - the Tiefling seems to come and go, but he always stops first at the 'big cheese' in his tent for business before selling it to the other scoundrels around, or trading it for favors and information from those that don't have any money, like the lepers.

As for the market proper, it seems "everything" is on sale - silverware, small furnishings, clothes (some washed), finely roasted but unfamiliar looking meats, slightly worn fruits and vegetables, clutter, charms, small pets (some of which come with their own collars, pre-named), poisons, weapons, booze that is either watered down or would knock a dwarf cold, odd gizmos that aren't allowed to be touched, shoe shinings...
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:04 am

"Indeed, that fact that it is becoming almost routine makes me think we should leave you at home," mutters Zthulan. "But yes, good idea Rolf, gaining some trust from these people will be helpful if we need their services again. Take Koras with you, if something is wrong on either end, she and I can alert eachother." Rubbing his hands together Zthulan gives a grin. "Right, where should I start?"
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:55 pm

"I suppose I shall let you handle the negotiations, then?" Horizon asks Rolf dryly, then turns to look over the "marketplace", taking an interest in the pets. He goes over to where they appear to be being sold from, examining each of the animals, and especially the ones with collars.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:16 am

"Zthulan, I suggest you try seeing if you can borrow one of these booths for your healing. You may be able to convince a vendor that they'll get more customers with a healer nearby. You can put out a tip jar if you like, but I wouldn't put too much hope into filling it...or not having it snatched up at some point," Rolf said. "I'll find out who the "big cheese" is and see if he knows where our crystals went to. Jeraylia, I'd appreciate your help, but if there is anything else you'd like to look for down here, feel free to shop...and everyone watch their pockets."

Rolf walked up to one of the guards in front of the tent and asked, "Pardon me, would it be possible to get an audience with the boss? We have some urgent business we need to discuss."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:15 am

"Hang on a sec, boss is doing business. Give him a few minutes to finish. He don't like interruptions unless it's, you know, important." the tent's guard says. Two silhouettes can be seen behind the tent's fabric, conversing. One of the voices sounds familiar.

Lots of pets are on offer: Dogs, cats, mice, rats, birds (especially parrots, one of which is cussing without pause), snakes, insects, spiders, fish, scorpions, and a few species you don't actually recognize but seem to be the most expensive. Little regard is given to their living conditions, practically every cage being filthy in some way, barring the ones with dangerous animals like snakes, which are better-secured. Some appear well groomed (notably the collared ones, most of which are cats and dogs with many assorted choices of collars and name-tags like 'Fluffy', or 'Rolf' or 'You'), others less so, and some are a wonder they're even alive from how flea-ridden, injured, or malnourished they are. The place is a cacophony of animal calls, the loudest of which seem to be coming from behind a curtain behind the stall itself. "Y' interested in anythin'? Got all sorts a' breeds! White, black, uh, yellow... Anythin' strike yer' fancy in a lifelong companion?" the shopkeeper asks through a smile of rotten or missing teeth.

Horizon can get a streetwise/perception check.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:03 pm

"Hopefully it won't come to that, again please take Koras with you and I'll come rushing right over." Separating towards the booths, Zthulan tries to find an empty one to set up, and if failing in that, the cleanest booth.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:08 pm

"I'm mostly curious about these ones with collars. The ones that are, quite obviously, stolen, most likely from loving homes, from children... or parents who lost them, who need the comfort right about now." Horizon's voice grows colder as he speaks, eyes roaming over the pets before turning tot he shopkeep with a chilling glare. "But then, my mind turns to the others. To all these animals, stolen or otherwise, forced to live in these conditions, forced to suffer down here so you can turn a bare profit- maybe finding someone to take care of them, or maybe being taken by some psychopath for ghastly reasons, or an abusive master. Or just to sit here and rot from disease and mistreatment." He takes an incredibly threatening step forward. "But then, there's no reason I should think that, right? As this is simply a symptom of whats going on above- you had to make do, and will take care of these creatures as soon as possible, and see that they find good homes, or return to the good homes they came from. Right?"

Unbeknownst to Horizon, wisps of dark tendrils dance at his sleeve, undulating around his hand as he stares down the shopkeep.

I've just discovered that Horizon has a thing about animals suffering. Also, did we bring any money along, and if so about how much would we have?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:12 am

"Wait, do you mean "helping the long-term chances of winning the war" important, or "the zombies are here, the zombies are here" important? Because I'll admit, we're more the first category." While talking with the guard, Rolf tried to see if he could make out the conversation in the tent. He knew he had heard that voice before, but where?

Rolling Perception to determine voices...8 (1d20) + 7 = 15
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:25 pm

Zthulan finds a 'booth' easily, there's plenty of clutter to utilize and he happens upon a table that has the sign 'reserved' on it crossed out and lying broken next to it. Hygiene and comfort is a different matter though - the best he can come up with is a non-stained rag covering the table. In a minute, his 'station' is open to business for his methods of healing, though nobody seems to approach it - they're either unaware of the service being provided or are suspicious of it.

The pet-seller sighs. "Look, I jus' sell em'. Don't got better cages. You buyin' or not?"

"Actually, the zombies are 'up there'. They ain't smart enough to go through the manholes anyway. Give it a minute or two, ain't much I can do anyway unless you want him pissed off before he meets you."  the guard replies to Rolf.

Rolf can't identify the voices, but he does hear haggling or some sort happening - clearly a trade or exchange of services.

Never mind the streetwise roll Horizon, you figured it out. Though please do an intimidation one instead (normally you'd pass but this guy is 'accustomed' to threats/objections/accusations).
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:58 am

Rolf wanted to know more about the conversation going on inside, but he didn't want to be caught eavesdropping, and there was no good reason to loiter around the tent, particularly with the guard being right there. "Understood. We'll come back later, thank you for your time."

Rolf headed back the way he came and noticed Zthulan setting up his booth. "Hello again. The boss is in a meeting right now, so we'll try again in a few minutes. Good job getting set up... although I must confess that the presentation could use work. Maybe a little cosmetic magic would be useful." He glanced over at the discarded sign and the tablecloth. "Got a particular name in mind, like "Zthulan's Heroic Healing"? Perhaps a brighter color for your tablecloth?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next