Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canpaign of Jokers (OOC, info, and sign-up) (full) (DEAD)

+9
A1C Bronymous
Jason Shadow
Doc pseudopolis
Ramsus
Quietkal
The Warrior of Many Faces
elfowlgirl
AProcrastinatingWriter
Xel Unknown
13 posters

Page 17 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

Canpaign of Jokers (OOC, info, and sign-up) (full) (DEAD) - Page 17 Empty Re: Canpaign of Jokers (OOC, info, and sign-up) (full) (DEAD)

Post  Doc pseudopolis Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:55 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:OK... I hope the best with Quietkal's plan goes off without a hitch, hell I HIGHLY suggest you all help Gears with what he is about to do... Cause I just got the results back from How my new Super-Robot did... And let's just say... Just wow... NOT a level one Boss monster fight. Yet at the same time I think it's feels right... Total Stalemate...
I assume you mean kindness bomb the giant robo. Now we just have to figure out how to realise that in character.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Canpaign of Jokers (OOC, info, and sign-up) (full) (DEAD) - Page 17 Empty Re: Canpaign of Jokers (OOC, info, and sign-up) (full) (DEAD)

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:58 pm

Nope, this is a non-kindness bomb way of saving the day. And I personally really like it. But still you'll end up maybe having to fight both bosses if you don't play it right. But I'll have you level after Kal's plan happens... Be it a total win or not.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:56 am

Okay, so Gears has a plan to separate the Smooze from the robot, making the big bot neutral and making it so we only have to fight the smooze. We should get the same Harmony regardless of if we fight both or if we do that. I'm taking some flak in the PM's for making a plan to take the bot out of the fight without consulting everyone else in the game when apparently everyone else had agreed that they should fight both. I was going to bring it up in-character and give you a chance to react and choose then, but I guess now is as good a time as any.

Gears's plan involve putting him at significant risk without a solid reason as to if it'll work at all in-character. {OOC we know it's pretty likely to succeed}
Gears's plan will make it so that the Smooze is the only enemy we have to fight. This should dramatically raise our chances of victory to an area between moderately unlikely and fairly likely.
Gears's plan does not involve him rampaging.
{Additionally the big bot will help with GG's hidden goal stuffs, but that only really benefits GG.}

Thoughts? If you don't want to do the plan, I'm totally cool with just attacking the big bot as a group and later rolling a new character.
By which I mean I'm not particularly confident in our ability to fight the both of them, but it'd be in-character for Gears to join your attack.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:48 am

Quietkal wrote:Okay, so Gears has a plan to separate the Smooze from the robot, making the big bot neutral and making it so we only have to fight the smooze. We should get the same Harmony regardless of if we fight both or if we do that. I'm taking some flak in the PM's for making a plan to take the bot out of the fight without consulting everyone else in the game when apparently everyone else had agreed that they should fight both. I was going to bring it up in-character and give you a chance to react and choose then, but I guess now is as good a time as any.

Gears's plan involve putting him at significant risk without a solid reason as to if it'll work at all in-character. {OOC we know it's pretty likely to succeed}
Gears's plan will make it so that the Smooze is the only enemy we have to fight. This should dramatically raise our chances of victory to an area between moderately unlikely and fairly likely.
{Additionally the big bot will help with GG's hidden goal stuffs, but that only really benefits GG.}

Thoughts? If you don't want to do the plan, I'm totally cool with just attacking the big bot as a group and later rolling a new character.
By which I mean I'm not particularly confident in our ability to fight the both of them, but it'd be in-character for Gears to join your attack.
I'm not confident in our ability to fight them both either (especially not after what xel posted earlier about the PM he got) so if you're confident your plan will work I say go for and I'm ready to use generosity to help you out with it.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:46 am

I will note that I have done two minor edits suggested to give you guys about 50-50 odds with the Super-Robot... But if this plan works amazingly... You might also have a chance to get an ally out of said robot too. I am still waiting on seeing how you all can do up against the other boss. I plan to have the Smooze fight be less a fight to win, but more a fight to just SURVIVE...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:14 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:I will note that I have done two minor edits suggested to give you guys about 50-50 odds with the Super-Robot... But if this plan works amazingly... You might also have a chance to get an ally out of said robot too. I am still waiting on seeing how you all can do up against the other boss. I plan to have the Smooze fight be less a fight to win, but more a fight to just SURVIVE...
Yeah I'm liking Kal's plan more and more the more I read.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:16 pm

There aren't any better plans and we're Level 1, we might as well go with whatever this plan is.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:42 pm

Quietkal wrote:Okay, so Gears has a plan to separate the Smooze from the robot, making the big bot neutral and making it so we only have to fight the smooze. We should get the same Harmony regardless of if we fight both or if we do that. I'm taking some flak in the PM's for making a plan to take the bot out of the fight without consulting everyone else in the game when apparently everyone else had agreed that they should fight both. I was going to bring it up in-character and give you a chance to react and choose then, but I guess now is as good a time as any.

Quarrel would gladly fight both if the opportunity came up, but I personally prefer this plan. I'll think of a way for Quarrel to agree with it. ^.^
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:04 pm

I'm all for an alternate plan, but it'd be nice to know what the plan was before we agreed to it.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:59 pm

*shrug* I guess I'm the only one who really wanted to try fighting both. But, doesn't really seem like Xel wants us to do that (why make the boss we don't have to fight the fair one?). Ersa would probably support not fighting both, I just thought it would be fun. Well, I'm clearly outvoted.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:05 pm

Ramsus wrote:*shrug* I guess I'm the only one who really wanted to try fighting both. But, doesn't really seem like Xel wants us to do that (why make the boss we don't have to fight the fair one?). Ersa would probably support not fighting both, I just thought it would be fun. Well, I'm clearly outvoted.

I do really want to fight both, but I at least want to hear the plan.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:15 pm

I'd like to note that said plan only gives you all just a CHANCE of not having to fight the Super-Robot if ALL the rolls go amazingly. And even if that happens, you all have Quarrel to be the one to throw the first punch to force the thing to fight yea. Mostly I'm just trying to stall to get as much time as I can to see how the Smooze Boss is and give you all something else to do before the first boss fight.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:24 pm

Oh, well then, that's fair then. You know, I'm pretty sure if we do fight the first boss that will be plenty of time for you to deal with smooze mechanics (monthly?). I suppose if we succeed it might come quicker though. Still, Kal might as well have GG come out with it now. Before Quarrela and Ersa decide to have have a picnic or something.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:39 pm

Ramsus wrote:Oh, well then, that's fair then. You know, I'm pretty sure if we do fight the first boss that will be plenty of time for you to deal with smooze mechanics (monthly?). I suppose if we succeed it might come quicker though. Still, Kal might as well have GG come out with it now. Before Quarrela and Ersa decide to have have a picnic or something.
Or I go and get the clockwork mage and any other allies to help with the mecha and the Smooze.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:50 pm

Doc pseudopolis wrote:Or I go and get the clockwork mage and any other allies to help with the mecha and the Smooze.
Technically he's already on his way to help... But I only plan on him to just swoop in to just buy you time to fight said Super-Robot, while he tries to deal with the Smooze.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:01 pm

Ok, well because I AM still going by my promass to have you jump a level straight to level three post boss-fights. I say you all should start talking about what your level three boon shall be. I'd say I already know what I'd give you if you pick A Friend in High Places or go with An Adorable Assistant.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:36 pm

Our theme song is now the "Monster Mash".
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:52 pm

Thinking about boons (though I think it may still be a bit early to be thinking about that.) the only boon I would really object to would be the fanclub since until we deal with the Smooze drop we really haven't done anything as a group to warrent it, other than that I have no real preference.
That and the monster mash could for us as a group, we are a bunch of monsters after all pirat .

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:17 pm

Here, have probably the cutest thing I've ever drawn. I call him "Riven Smith"!

Canpaign of Jokers (OOC, info, and sign-up) (full) (DEAD) - Page 17 Rivent

Aka human RS.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:21 pm

My thoughts on the Boon:

A Fanclub. I dunno, doesn't seem useful right now.

Your Own Ship. Well, that seems kinda silly. No water around or anything that would make a ship reasonable.

A Place of Your Own. ...eh, could be handy.

An Adorable Assistant. Could go either way on that.

A Friend in High Places. This is my second choice, because I can see this being pretty handy.

A Wondrous Treasure. My top choice, because unless we lose it, it'll always be available, while the others are a bit more location-oriented.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:28 pm

I'm with WOMF on this one. Everything but Friend in High Places or Wondrous Treasure just doesn't seem like we could easily justify it story-wise.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:42 pm

Personally I think a monster fanclub would be kinda cool. But, knowing some of the Adorable Assistant options we're going to have to choose from, I think that would be a good choice as well and I think we'd have little trouble justifying it.

I've always been meh about Wonderous Treasure unless it was something really interesting and I don't think we need Friends in High Places.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:44 pm

Boon thoughts:
Fanclub: don't know where this fanclub would come from, and bringing attention to the fact that we're a bunch of monsters romping about means we're going to get a lot of attention from monster hunters. I'm sure Ivana could reason with some of them, but for the most part we'd just get trouble for our money. No thank you.
Your own ship: Unless it's like an automatic carriage or something for land-based adventures, I don't think this is going to happen {also, getting on a boat in a tabletop is asking to be ambushed by sea monsters}
A place of your own: I personally like this one, but I get the impression we'll be moving around a lot and that'll sort of drop the usefulness of it.
An adorable assistant: again, not entirely sure where this one would come from. If it's like Disorderly or someone that could teach monster talents, I'd be all over it. If it's a clockwork pony that can do calligraphy stuff...maybe less so.
A friend in high places: It's pretty clear this would be Clockwork Mage. If we want some of the items he produces, this wouldn't be a bad option.
A wondrous treasure: Depends on the talent contained within. My personal picks are Thataway, Found it!, or Magneto is Best Pony, but I'm open to other talents as well.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:41 pm

My comments on what the Level 3 Boons can do in this Campaign: (there will be drawbacks as well for the boons, but I won't talk about them until they pop up in the campaign itself)

A Fanclub - Can't say for sure, but I plan to make this boon a lot more powerful here then it can ever be in any other campaign. And I'm already slowly thinking up reasons for why you all get one so quickly... They will mostly be Monster Kids and the news will travel really fast. Still no harm done if you don't pick this one. Just you all should know it won't be pointless to take.

Your Own Ship - I agree, this one is silly. BUT I'd not give you a normal ship, but magical Ship/Sub that will also come with underwater breathing masks and special water related spells and stuff... Would give you all easy access to Maretlantis the home of the Sea Ponies. Also would allow you to travel on "The Cloud Sea" for easy travel between towns travel about 50% faster than trains would be to travel along. And having this ship might get you all bits by semi-rich people asking to travel with you if you all happen to be going where they are.

A Place of Your Own - I'm not a fan of this one... Unless the home you be some type of workplace to give you bits or have some type of magical thingie to make it usable while traveling. Cause I'm planning on you all traveling a lot in this campaign. Any ideas you have for what to you'd have this boon work, I'd like to hear. If it's good enough an idea I might let you have the chance to RP getting this extra Boon. I like to reward good and fun Role Playing after all. :3

An Adorable Assistant - If you pick this one, I'll be giving you all choices on who your Assistant could be (in character of course) and I tell you this much, Disorderly WILL be one of your options. The number of choices will be from three to five Possible Assistants. And I do plan to have your assistant be able to also "train" you all with combat monster talents somehow...

A Friend in High Places - I won't hide it... You'll be getting The Clockwork Mage as this one, most likely. (unless he ends up dead by Smooze or something) And even if you don't pick this one, he will be ending up something like a minor version of this boon. Only Major differences is if you take it is you will get Bits from The Mage to spend per level and The Clockwork Mage will trust you all. (even Quarrel)

A Wondrous Treasure - Suggest anything you'd like for this one. You can even set it to do Monster Utility Talent that uses a magic point for use. And you can even choose it to use different monster talents for each player. (must be a magic point using talents of course) Or just take a non-magic point using Monster Talent for the Treasure. I'd say suggest stuff for this anyway, might be helpful for new ideas to do with this campaign. Or have them be rewards to gain such Monster Utility Talents...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:50 pm

I think we should get a ship. Or an assistant.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next