Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of the Windigo King

+4
RavenscroftRaven
The Warrior of Many Faces
SubjectZ
Dr Blight
8 posters

Page 11 of 37 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 37  Next

Go down

The Rise of the Windigo King - Page 11 Empty Re: The Rise of the Windigo King

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:32 am

"Hah hah! Thanks to you griffon, I don't need ta worry 'bout breaking the ice!" The minotaur gives the griffon a feral grin, not even bothering with the dragon. Unicorns animated objects all the time, and this one seemed in charge. If he went down, so would the automaton...

...Land Lobber does not have a lot of experience with ancient evil artifacts.

"Now, who among yeah who plan on livin' another winter will be layin' down their weapons and assumin' the party submission position."
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:38 am

Healing Torch just stands there in shock, almost unable to acknowledge the looming ice-fossil-dragon-thingy about to devour them. Regaining his composure, he listens to Halynn and Land Lobber, and decides to see what he can recall about this type of enchantment.
History Check:
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:12 am

As Dr. Death Ray listened to the Lantern's speech about Sectors, the first thing that popped up in his mind was - Oh great, she's part of a corps... Hope she doesn't call back-up...

Ah well, if it happens it happens...

Although the Doctor didn't really want too, he slowly descended, placing the Lantern gently down on the frozen ground as he hovered above on his emerald wings. Then he looked up through his black goggles, and took a long, hard look at the giant, undead... ice... dragon... thing...

GREGG... Got a feeling we're gonna really need the Dark Horse for this one...

Yes sir, Dr. Death Ray, sir. It may take a while though. The systems still haven't recharged from the last fight with those grunts sir.

Just send out the signal GREGG... Just send out the signal...

Yes sir.

Dr. Death Ray took a deep breath. You can do this Death Ray.

He glanced at the Lantern. But what will she think?

Believe in me that believes in you sir.

GREGG... That's the last time I let you watch Ponime...

You can't hide who you are forever sir.

Yeah, I know GREGG, I know... Alright then! Warm up the anti-grav generator!

Yes sir!

The Doctor shook himself to clear his head, and then he let out the best evil laugh he could muster. He flew up to face the ice dragon, "Well now, would you be the Windigo King I've heard so much about? In any case, I don't know about the Book of Oa, but what you better believe I do know - is horribleness!" Death Ray puffed out his chest and beat it with one hoof, "BTW - I have a Ph.D. in horribleness! My name is Dr. Death Ray, the..." The Doctor glanced back at his wings, then turned around and grinned, "THE EVIL ALICORN SUPERVILLAIN! -Known far and wide throughout Equestria as an enemy of Celestia and a despoiler of the status quo!" Death Ray shrugged, "I imagine a being such as yourself can respect my position? I should warn you however, my machines are masterworks of metal and mechanica," The Doctor pulled out his Freeze Ray and twirled it in his hoof - before slipping it back in his pocket like a cowpony in an old western, "and with my intellect combined with the Lantern's might, there is nothing our unholy alliance can not do! MY POWER ALONE IS ENOUGH TO BRING CITIES CRASHING TO THEIR KNEES! BEHOLD JUST A SMALL TASTE OF WHAT I CAN DO!"

Now GREGG... Set the Gyroscopic Generator - TO FULL POWER!

Yes sir, Dr. Death Ray sir.

The Doctor raised his hooves in pantomime as GREGG floated above, the little robot's eye flashing as he charged up his anti-grav generator to maximum capacity, then unleashed it in a flash of red energy, making gadgets and guns rise up from the Doctor's pockets, and causing them all to begin swirling about him like the planets around a dying star.

((The Doctor will use his first charge of Advanced Ponykinesis in an attempt to wow the dragon thing (which I will go out on a limb here and assume could be a piece of the Windigo King). I'm trying to assist Halynn in getting this thing to respect us (if by no means fear us) and if I need to make a check, can it be Mechanics since I'm using my machines for the display? If so, then 1d20+18; 8+18 =26 Let's see how this works...).
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:06 am

Healing Torch looked down, deep in thought, and suddenly looked up and gasped. "Guys, I remembered something I read in this weird book called Necromancy and Other Fun Party Tricks. It said that, if I remember correctly, that this type of magic is incredibly rare, there are less than 10 cases I've ever heard of! And pretty much all of them require enormous amounts of magic, the kind only a lich would have... and they're normally a sign of horrific catastrophic happenings about to... happen! It does vary how smart they are, so this guy might be feral or fully intelligent. The biggest thing is that, this definitely isn't natural, and it's using... MAGIC! Big shock, right? Anyway... " Healing Torch cleared his throat, and turned towards the dragon with a stare that was meant to look menacing, but just looked goofy. He opened his mouth, and began to yell. "HEY ICE... DRAGON... THING! ARE. YOU. STUPID. OR. DEAF? WE ARE POWERFUL PONIES, AND WILL NOT HESITATE TO BUCK YOU UP! DOOOO... YOUUUUU... UNDERSTAAAAND?
Intimidate Check:
((Welp, first Nat 1 EVER! Good timing, huh? Also, I rolled Arcana, if that's alright!))

Last edited by Subjectz on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:43 pm

"You need to work on being scary a show of force is more in order for this." Ragnarok puts Healing Torch down near Land Lobber before flying back up until reaching the height of the dragon's skull. In a blink of an eye and a sonic boom Ragnarok rushes at the the dragon.

roll:

ooc:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:41 pm

Wow. I do believe Dr. Death Ray has crossed into full-blown Large Ham territory. And it is GLORIOUS! XD

Halynn was quietly impressed at Dr. Death Ray's display of power... and intimidation. She didn't scare easy, but this would have been very worrying if he wasn't on her side at the moment.

So, he is a supervillain. Not surprising by now, but something to deal with later, après le dragon a disparu.

But then Healing Torch spoke up, and Halynn had to surpress a very strong urge to facehoof. C'était de loin le pire tentative d'intimidation que j'ai jamais vu. That wasn't going to help their case at all.

Prench Translation:
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:50 pm

The others seemed to think the dragon was a big threat to intimidate. C'mon, it was clearly a golem. If it were a dracolich, why would it have tolerated being in a museum for who knows how long? Crazy ponies and their crazy grandstanding. Instead, he licked the blood from the pickaxe, and grinned at the griffon, trying to position himself to keep this leader and the captives/sacrifices both in view. If it came to an assault, he'd go to protect them first over assaulting the construct or the griffon, and he had a sneaking suspicion it would soon come to that peak.

'Euch, that tastes horrible!'
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:32 am

The griffin glared in return towards Land as the ice walls of the shell began to thicken and make it harder to see and hear him. "I wish I could stick around to see just how far away your pieces land." He growled out with a smirk before the ice walls around him finally grew too thick to see through. If he heard anything Land said after, he made no indication. For a while only the light from the scepter and the unicorns horn could be seen through the ice, then with a flash it disappeared. The shell collapsing in on itself to reveal itself empty.

The skeletal dragon turned its skull slightly to glance at Halynn as she spoke. The lights in its eyes flickering like flames regarding her, seemingly seeing right through her to the core of her being before turning away unimpressed. It looked each of them over for a moment before turning on to the next with similar disinterest. As Dr. Death Ray flew up to its face it didn't even bother turning to face him.

At the mention of the Windigo King the dragon's eyes flared up and it turned its head quickly to lock eyes with the unicorn of horribleness. It stood to its full height, looking down on them and its jaws opened slowly.

"So you know of me. And yet you mortals put forth such a display, as if I were a mere child?"

The voice boomed, seemingly from everywhere in the room at once as its blue,flame-like eyes flared and the magic in the air turned even more wild. The dragon didn't react at all to Torch, completely disregarding him as it continued to speak.

I once held this world completely under my frost. I-...

The dragon turned its head slightly to look at Ragnarok an instant before she disappeared. The air shook with sound as the sound barrier was pierced and the dragons skull exploded into a fine white dust that began to fall gently like snow all around the room. The body shook and staggered before slumping over as the magic in the room calmed. A few moments passed like this before the magic in the air began to whip up like a storm, stronger than ever, the body began to rise as ice began to quickly grow up its spine. By the time it finished raising up it had a head once more, made from ice. It threw its head back and roared in fury, the ice trembling from the sound as the magical lights in its eyes turned from blue to red.

INSOLENT HALF-BLOOD FOAL!

OOC and Initiative:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:11 am

Healing Torch watched in horror as the dragon spoke, then realized something. "Oh dear Celestia, YOU'RE the Windigo Ki-", but was interrupted as Ragnarok blew the dragon's head to dust. Torch gasped in relief, then yelped as it's head regenerated. Alright, I guess this just turned into a fight...against an undead ice dragon animated and controlled by an insane alicorn who will probably wipe us out. Well, I'm not going down without a fight!
Initiative and Combat Moves:
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:59 am

"WTB RAGGIE?!" Dr. Death Ray had yelled as he'd watched the Hippogriff smash into the reanimated ice dragon thing possessed by the spirit of a god. Last time he'd checked, smashing into the skull of a god was a bad idea... and in a matter of seconds, that hunch was proven correct when the blasted thing just regenerated its head out of pure ice!

The Doctor frowned. His shoulders slumped. He drifted slowly to the ground, turning to the Hippogriff with a look of utter annoyance. "Really? Really? You just had to go and make Mr. Frost over there angry... didn't you? DIDN'T YOU?!" Death Ray sighed. "We could have been business partners..."

Sir? I believe now is not the time.

Oh... Right... Sure. Shut down the anti-grav GREGG... Got a feeling I'm going to need you to conserve as much energy as you can right now...

Yes sir, Dr. Death Ray sir.

All of Death Ray's gadgets sunk down and slid back into the pockets of his red lab coat.

What's the status on the Dark Horse?

Still charging up, Dr. Death Ray sir. You'll have to, as they say, 'buy some time'. Good thing you thought ahead and brought 300 Bits with you on the trip.

Yes... Yes indeed...Good thing...

Dr. Death Ray drew his taser and grit his teeth. Well, he knew this probably wouldn't end well, but at least this time, he had plenty of meat shields. If all else failed, he could try to reboot the TDM and bail while the others distracted the thing - but if he did that, what would the Lantern think? He thought they'd just made a real connection a moment ago, and he wasn't going to lose that to anypony, deity or no. -Besides, he still needed to repay the Windigo Nuts for all the pain and humiliation they'd put him through already...

No, he wouldn't run.

-Not yet anyway.

The Doctor grinned in spite of himself, looking around at all his meat shields in turn before nodding, "Hope you're all ready, 'cause looks like things around here are about to get pretty - horrible!"

Initiative and Combat Moves:
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:24 am

"Oh, shut it sod. You be possessin' a construct, held together by slush and a prayer." Land Lobber shrugs. He'd need to murder the griffon another day, he supposed.

"You know my favourite part o' Hearts-Warming Eve? That part where yer entire species be defeated by three little ponies talking about their feelings." The minotaur laughs as he begins spinning his pick, an old habit to get his hands warmed up, a bit more literally in this case than usual. He turns to his companions. "Hey Lantern, I be respectin' you as a pony, yer good folks. Same to you, Doc. Feelin' weak yet Windigo?"

Obviously, it wasn't likely, Land Lobber was simply making himself a huge target to ensure those huddled in the back were ignored while he stood taunting the monster.

Init and moves:
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:28 pm

"Hmm regenerative capabilities are far higher than the norm for undead creratures. Combat shall be most intresting."

combat stuff:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:48 am

"I am in agreement with you, Death Ray," Halynn replies, glaring briefly at Ragnarok. "That was tout à fait stupide."

She turned back to the dragon. "But never mind that now."

No thoughts of failure mared her mind. She knew what she had to do, and she would do it, or die trying.

Her ring flared green, making it seem like green fire surrounded the Lantern as she glared at the dracolich. "Who's ready to destroy a god?!"

Prench Translation:

Initiative:

Combat Talents:
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:00 pm

Normally, Dr. Death Ray would do some grandstanding right about now, but given the circumstances, he'd decided to make an exception this once. He still needed to buy time before the Dark Horse was fully operational, and the less the Dracolich noticed him, the more likely he'd live long enough to see his creation actually do some damage for once. So the Doctor pressed the trigger of his taser, and kept his muzzle shut.

Two twin cables flew out and latched onto the Windigo King's big-toe a second before a low-grade electric current shot through the cables and discharged across the god-thing's foot.

Spoiler:

GREGG. How much longer until the Dark Horse is ready for launch?

Energy Cells are currently at 60% maximum capacity Doctor Death Ray sir... The Dark Horse should be ready for launch in T-24.

Not good enough GREGG! I want it here in T-12!

I'll do my best sir.

((The Doctor's Status: 30HP, 7PiPs... Neeeeeeeeeeeeext!))
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:52 am

As electricity buzzed audibly through the two cables, the dragon kept its gaze on Ragnarok. Growling with outrage dancing in its eyes as it didn't seem to notice the electricity at all. With a quick, snake-like shift of its body it brought its skeletal tail down hard on the hippogriff professor, forcing her down to the ground with a whip-like crack of its tail.

"You are all nothing but insects!"

It growled,shifting its gaze away from Ragnarok, regarding them all from above as it brought itself to its full height.

combat stats:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:07 pm

"Then best be backin' down, construct. I dunno 'bout your time, but now a flea can kill what a bear cannot." Land Lobber looks into his mind, finding his focus.

(Picking the True Path: Gather Energy)
30/30, 5pip, no status
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:35 pm

Halynn's eyes narrow. "Dites vos prières, votre démon!" she yells, flying at the dragon and firing a green beam at it.

Stab:

Current Status:
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:10 pm

Healing Torch smiled, and his horn began to glow. "Ah well, might as well test a couple new spells!" A long green trail of fire snaked from his horn to the dragon, and coiled itself around him.
((Not meaning this as a stun spell, just Ignite.))

Ignite:

Combat Stats:
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:41 pm

Ragnarok slowly picks herself. "This little lightning bug shall show you what incects can do." Bolts of lightning flow between Ragnarok and the dragon.

move:

save:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:04 am

As Dr. Death Ray reeled his taser coils back in and looked up at the undead ice dragon, he thought to himself, If only I had a flamethrower...

GREGG?!

The little gold-plated robot zipped up beside the Doctor.

Yes sir?

Make a note - build flamethrower next chance I get...

Yes sir.

Or better yet - a flamethrower RAY! - Rays make everything better!

Okie Dokie Lokie.

Well, the good news was that the Griffon was making quite the distraction... What with disintegrating the Windigo King's head and all, the god-thing's attention seemed quite fixed on her... which was understandable, considering the fact she had just disintegrated his head and all...

The Doctor shot out his taser coils again and sent another low-grade shock through the Dracolich's big toe - not enough to enrage him hopefully, but just enough to make the others think Death Ray was still pulling his own weight. If he kept this up for much longer though, he worried the Lantern might think him a wuss...

BTW GREGG - No rush, no rush... but uh... How is that Darkhorse coming along?

Power Cells are 90% recharged Dr. Death Ray sir. Launch in T-10.

That's what I want to hear. GREGG my little friend, the show - as they say - is about to begin... Let's just hope it ends better than my last performance...

Spoiler:
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:36 pm

The dragon shakes itself from head to tail trying to free itself of the flame serpent and the electricity but failing, it glares at the group with hatred clear in its eyes before it rears up and roars, the magic around it churning wildly.

"Neither Bears nor Fleas can stand before a god!"

combat stats:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:25 pm

"Note my upright position, construct. None of us be bowing to ye here."

Land Lobber smacks the dragon's icy feet with the pick, barely more than a love tap. The path was becoming clear to the minotaur. A swing of the axe may be weak on its own, but this thing was at its core a petrified skeleton. A rock. A cave. It could be melded. It could be brought to collapse, with but the right yell. The mental fields around the pirate began to waver, leaking out and altering a small bit of reality itself, making his words seem infinitely more convincing than normal, forcing minds to bend to his warped vision of Truth and Reality.

"If ye be so much more powerful than us, it be well within yer power to prove it. Yer most powerful blow would kill us heretic would-be worshippers, but against yourself it be simply a display of yer superiority. Ignore our little swats. We swing uselessly against you, so show us what you can do. Hit yourself with your strongest attack and let us bask in yer chilling omnipotence."

[Net effect: 2 damage, then using Press Gang to Dominate on the dracolich to make it use its strongest possible move against itself.]
rolls and stats:
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:40 pm

"Warning: Dark Magic fluctuating wildly around foe," the ring warns.

Ce n'est pas bon, mutters Halynn. No time to get away, so she flew in front of the dragon's eye and began wrapping herself in protective emerald energies. With luck, it'd hit her if the minotaur's taunting didn't work.

Power levels at 9%, the ring reports.

Cursing in French, Halynn pulls out her lantern from nowhere and begins recharging while in her protective bubble. "Dans beau jour, dans la nuit noire, aucun mal ne échapper à ma vue..." she chants.

Prench Translation:

Perfect Focus:

Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:30 pm

"Would either of you two doctors be of the medical persuasion? I appear to have been injured."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:11 am

tygerburningbright wrote:"Would either of you two doctors be of the medical persuasion? I appear to have been injured."
"Hey, I got you. Just sit still, this won't hurt a bit." With that, Torch turned to Ragnarok and fired a blast of white light at her.

Cleansing Light:
((I think that means she's at max HP, right?))
Combat Stats:
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 37 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 37  Next