Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The P-Files

+4
Ramsus
Cardbo
XandZero2
Yawnmon
8 posters

Page 15 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 32  Next

Go down

The P-Files - Page 15 Empty Re: The P-Files

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:37 pm

"I think so..." Gleeda said as she checks looking for any other enemies out there.

Perception check:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:35 pm

"They looks pretty real to me," Blade rearing back on his hind legs ready to fly into action.

Spoiler:
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:45 pm

Chitin started heading towards the shop, before stopping, noticing something. She narrowed her eyes noticing more of the familiar painted figures in the alleys on either side of the building. She considered going to spy on them but decided against it, not wanting to be caught on her own against a group. Magic flowed over her body for a moment, distorting the air with a ripple before she disappeared from sight entirely. "There are a bunch of those vodun-guys surrounding the shop outside..." she sent telepathically to her teammates as she slipped into the room. "...and in here too I see. I think they're planning an ambush..." she continued as she noticed them staring down the three zebra, who seemed to be flickering between being zebra in bad makeup and being zebra in bad makeup who'd spontaneously combusted. Noticing the vials at their sides though she smiles a little as she sneaks around behind them, inspecting the vials hoping to find one that looked familiar.

rolls:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:17 am

Whisper wrote:"Oh hay. Now what would three good little Vodun such as yourselves be doing here at this hour? It's way past bedtime you know?"

When the sock white pony had first stepped into the shop and spoken up, the Vodun Zebras had come to a halt. They stood before Whisper and the others, flickering between mean-looking equines with gold piercings and body paint to fierce-looking skeleponies with burning eyes and hooves. As Gleeda looked around the room, she could only see the three Vodun before her - flashing back and forth between mare and nightmare as the shop around them shifted from aisles full of nick-knacks to a cave of black brimstone. Chitin slipped into the shop but none of the Vodun seemed to notice, instead keeping their eyes locked on Whisper.

"We have no bedtime, you pony foal," the biggest Zebra of the three finally spoke up, his every word dripping with disdain, "We act at night to fulfill our goal. And if you don't want to be black and blue, you'll turn round right now, or we'll do what we did to the guards - to you."

As the first Vodun said this, another's eyes went wide with recognition. He had a thinner, sleeker frame than the first, and tossing his head, he pointed to Whisper with one hoof, "Hay! Hay! Hay! No way! She's one of the ones from the other day, the one who started off Zimbabwe's rap battle play."

The other Vodun turned to the second as he stepped forward, his eyes narrowing, "She cheated him then, using others to save her own rhythm-less skin." He nodded gravely, kicking up dust and looking ready to charge. "Zimbabwe vowed that if he ever saw her once more, he'd make her pay and he'd settle the score. If he were here now, I know the message he'd send - crush them, he'd say - and I'll see that order to the end."

Spoiler:
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:25 am

"Really now? And what is your goal? And what do you have to do with the black fog?"

Privately he sends to Whisper. 'From your medical training, have you heard of any street drugs that could cause hallucinations? Maybe something pollen based and from a night blooming flower? I think that may be what the black fog is, the pollen in the air around us is causing us to hallucinate. I'll try to see if I can think of anything that could match that description myself'

OOC:Healing roll to think of something that matches that description. If Whisper rolls, that'll be something to aid her roll, if not, can it stand on its own?
Roll(1d20)+9:
7,+9
Total:16

Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:27 am

"I'm sorry to say but your pal Zimbawbe was wrong. I was just trying to be polite and he decided it was a battle. That attitude is why you all have such a hard time. You'd rather fight than play nice. Which, I suppose could be respected by someponies if you weren't cowards hiding behind numbers and this two bit magic" at which point she grabbed a little wisp of the spooky smoke in her hoof and seems to just absorb it (though maybe it was never really there at all?). Then speaking in that weird multi-voiced conglomeration of whispers way her thoughts had been projecting as earlier (or at least appeared to, maybe it was just a trick of the crazy nightmare fog) she said, "How about you guys think over your actions and see if maybe we can help you get along with everypony before I stop feeling so helpful."

When she's done speaking she thinks about Coffee Mug's question.

Persuasion to um.... wow... Befriend/Intimidate? That wasn't where I had thought this was gonna go... : 9 + nat 20 + Attack the Day! = 29 CMC!

Heal to see if Whisper knows of such things: 12 + 13 = 25 (+5 more if Ponycare FK would apply.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:24 pm

As Whisper states that final, "helpful" she plants her hooves in the ground, takes a deep, deep breath...

-And exhales...

Rainbows.

Waves of multi-colored energy erupt in a shockwave from Whisper's snout, forcing back the thick, black miasma of fog; snuffing out the nightmare images of fire and brimstone, flooding the room with bright and vivid color. The rainbow shockwave sweeps out across the room, passing harmlessly over Coffee Mug, Blade Blocker, Gleeda, and Chitin, but as the Vodun Zebra stare in shocked silence, the rainbows pick them up like a tidal wave, blasting them across the room, plastering them against the opposite wall.

The aisles shake with the force.

The windows shatter outward.

-And everything (and I mean EVERYTHING - except for the party) is covered in a multi-colored goo that tastes just like cotton candy.

When the blast finally subsides and the rainbow waves die down, the room's left free of the fog (and looking like the entire contents of a freshly made vat of Cloudsdale-grade rainbow was just funneled into it too).

The doors slam open as Buck rushes into the shop on all fours, slipping up on the rainbow slick covering the floor, spinning out and crashing into an aisle. "Ouch..." He grumbles, rubbing his head and looking all around, "What the buck just happened?" Then he sighed, "Awwwwwwwww buck. Please, somepony tell me Whisper didn't buckin' barf again..."

While across the room (and still plastered to the wall with rainbow goop) the three Vodun open their eyes in unison, blinking dumbly, the whites of their eyes standing in stark contrast to the rainbow-colored pigment splattered all over them.

The lead Zebra starts to open his mouth, then closes it.

He peels his head off the wall and glances at his companions.

Then turns back to Whisper, all the wind suddenly blown out of his sails. "Uh..." he squeaks up, "what do you... suggest we... do?"

Last edited by XandZero2 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:02 am; edited 4 times in total
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:30 pm

"Um... My heart was dead set on us fighting it out..." Gleeda mutters. "And we'd win the fight, then you all would explain everything that's goin' on..." Then she turns to Buck. "Whisper did this... But I'm not totally sure what it was she did. I think she took control over the evil fog magics somehow or something... Then rainbow of friendship boom?"

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:37 pm

"Whatever that was, that was pretty impressive."

XandZero2 wrote:Then turns back to Whisper, all the wind suddenly blown out of his sails. "Uh..." he squeaks up, "what do you... suggest we... do?"

"I suggest you tell the lady what we want to know."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:34 pm

Whisper looks over at Gleeda and just rolls her eyes, while mentally replying to Coffee Mug "I have heard of something like that but I don't remember what it's called and it shouldn't be doing anything like this crazy fog."

Still quite confused about whatever the buck just happened Whisper says, "Um.. yeah. Like Professor Mug says, why don't you tell us what's going on. Maybe we can work something out so there isn't so much breaking stuff, and ponies and zebras getting hurt, and" at this point she yawns (a yawn full of terrible portent perhaps!?), "and ponies being woken up in the middle of their beauty rest."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:19 pm

Ramsus wrote:Whisper looks over at Gleeda and just rolls her eyes, while mentally replying to Coffee Mug "I have heard of something like that but I don't remember what it's called and it shouldn't be doing anything like this crazy fog."

'What is it supposed to do? The only flower I can think of that'd match that description is an extremely rare black flower with sickle-shaped petals, but I don't remember anything else about its properties.'

Last edited by Cardbo on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:10 am

Whisper mentally shrugs back, "You seem to know more than I do. All I can remember is that there's something like that out there in the Surefire."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:23 am

Blade stands still with a blank face, completely dumbstruck, trying to understand what just happened and failing miserably.
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:35 am

Spoiler:

Gleeda wrote:"Whisper did this... But I'm not totally sure what it was she did. I think she took control over the evil fog magics somehow or something... Then rainbow of friendship boom?"

"Buck..." Buck muttered, rubbing his head, "I guess that makes just about as much sense as anything... when it involves Whisper, that is..."

Picking himself up, Buck slipped and slid along the slick rainbow covered floor for a few moments before finally steadying himself by extending his claws and standing on them. The Griffon looked down, saw he was secure, grinned at his success, then looked up at Gleeda, raising his one good eyebrow. "So you okay princess? Nothing happened? I thought I'd heard two explosions while I was outside?"

Meanwhile, when Whisper asked the Vodun,

Whisper wrote:"Um.. yeah. Like Professor Mug says, why don't you tell us what's going on. Maybe we can work something out so there isn't so much breaking stuff, and ponies and zebras getting hurt, and" at this point she yawns (a yawn full of terrible portent perhaps!?), "and ponies being woken up in the middle of their beauty rest."

The group, who were still plastered to the back wall of the shop with rainbow adhesive, glanced at each other. The lead Zebra shook his head soberly. "Work something out? Not with ponies about. We've tried to work with your kind before. It's only ever left us hurt and sore - stuck to a wall too, but what are we to do? So, say, forsooth, you want the truth? But if we were to tell it to you, what good would it do? You'd tell others no doubt, but who'd believe you? Living in this city deafens, dulls, and blinds - those pony foals don't notice the signs."
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:02 am

Whisper thinks at Gleeda, "Would you mind if I outed you to these Zebra? I think you might be able to help here. But, only if you're comfortable with it."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:19 am

XandZero2 wrote:

The group, who were still plastered to the back wall of the shop with rainbow adhesive, glanced at each other. The lead Zebra shook his head soberly. "Work something out? Not with ponies about. We've tried to work with your kind before. It's only ever left us hurt and sore - stuck to a wall too, but what are we to do? So, say, forsooth, you want the truth? But if we were to tell it to you, what good would it do? You'd tell others no doubt, but who'd believe you? Living in this city deafens, dulls, and blinds - those pony foals don't notice the signs."

Coffee clears his throat and speaks in a calm clear voice. "I'm not from here. Most of us here now aren't. Perhaps you've noticed that we didn't passively wait until the fog passed us by, but we acted. If nothing else, we'd know where we stand with you."

OOC:Persuasion Check. + Oration(if applicable.)
Roll(1d20)+10:
3,+10
Total:13
Bleh.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:03 am

Gleeda was behind the Zebra's and out in the open at this point... Given how she was getting ready to fight and junk. Regardless if she had heard Whisper's question she spoke to the Zebra's. "MY name is Gleeda. I am a Griffon... In fact the Griffon Princess next in line... Would my word that we'll hear you out, change anything?" Next she turns to Buck. "Yes... I'm totally fine love, thankfully the Rainbow-Mess didn't hit me... Somehow... And even if it did I'd still be fine."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:10 am

At this point Whisper opened her mouth as if to say something... and slowly closed it again.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:41 am

Blade walks over to stand by the group and keep an eye on the zebras, but still finds himself unable to speak.
One of the many thoughts that runs across his mind during this time is, 'Maybe the whole psychic warrior thing isn't as crazy as it sounded.'
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:55 pm

Cardbo wrote:Coffee clears his throat and speaks in a calm clear voice. "I'm not from here. Most of us here now aren't. Perhaps you've noticed that we didn't passively wait until the fog passed us by, but we acted. If nothing else, we'd know where we stand with you."

OOC:Persuasion Check. + Oration(if applicable.)
Roll(1d20)+10:
3,+10
Total:13
Bleh.

The Vodun all consider Coffee Mug for a moment, then laugh harshly. "Well, at least you're not completely blind," the lead Zebra adds, "miraculous, considering you're one of pony mind."

Xel Unknown wrote:Gleeda was behind the Zebra's and out in the open at this point... Given how she was getting ready to fight and junk. Regardless if she had heard Whisper's question she spoke to the Zebra's. "MY name is Gleeda. I am a Griffon... In fact the Griffon Princess next in line... Would my word that we'll hear you out, change anything?"

Turning towards Gleeda, the leader of the Zebra trio sizes her up. "Perhaps indeed, that it might," he cocks his head to one side, "if you could prove your birthright. For it is easy to say, hard to do, common to lie, but rare to be true."

Buck frowned, uttering a low growl from the back of his throat. "Are you callin' the princess a buckin' liar?"

"Not unless she truly is one, but if she isn't," the Zebra shrugged, "that would indeed stun. Why would a princess be here at all? Is she running from something, or did she come for a ball?"
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:03 pm

Whisper pulled a rubber ball out at the mention of ball, then realized by the blank looks that it wasn't what they meant, put it away and asked "Professor Mug, do you think you could do a truthyness spell or something?"
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:59 pm

"I don't want my birthright's title... And I don't think I'm fit to rule my land. I'm not the leader my people need nor deserve..." Gleeda explains. "As to a way to prove I am who I am... I'm not sure... Do any of you know of the Royal Griffonhoof Bow? Cause only the eldest princess has the skills to use that bow that I hold in my claws."

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:01 pm

Ramsus wrote:Whisper pulled a rubber ball out at the mention of ball, then realized by the blank looks that it wasn't what they meant, put it away and asked "Professor Mug, do you think you could do a truthyness spell or something?"

"I could and have done truth spells in the past. But if it came from me, I'm not sure they'll trust the results." Turning to the zebra. "Are there any among you skilled in the arcane? Who could see what I'm doing and know the purpose of it?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:29 am

All three of the Vodun took a good look at the Griffonhoof Bow and glanced at each other - but then shook their heads. "Masterfully crafted indeed is your Griffonhoof bow - but worthy of royalty?" The lead Zebra paused, "That... we do not know. There is one among us who might could tell, but deep in the swamp does she dwell. She divines much through wisdom or spell, but the Old One hardly ever comes out of her shell."

Then in response to Coffee Mug's question of whether there were any among the Vodun with arcane skill, the three Zebra all laughed derisively. "Indeed, ignorant foal," the leader spat, "we are all great and skilled. To be a Vodun, with arcane might one must be filled. But that does not mean we would trust a pony, too often have they proven both deceitful and phony. A powerful arcanist could mask a spell, making good look evil, evil look well. We would only trust your arcane intent, if with the Old One's approval were you sent." The lead Zebra's eyes suddenly lit up as he realized something. He grinned triumphantly, his eyes slowly scanning the entire party before adding, "That, however, is not likely you should know. Only if you proved yourselves friends could you go. And that, I trust, is not something you could do - especially if you've attracted the ire of Zimbabwe too."
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:02 am

Whisper narrowed her eyes, in part from being so tired and in part from being annoyed at their behavior, "Have you finished puffing yourselves up and sneering at us yet? If you're all such skilled spellcasters do you really expect us to believe you're not smart enough to be able to ignore the grudge of one zebra who expected ponies from out of town to understand and follow his secret street rules of verbal combat? We never had anything to gain from helping but you have quite a lot to gain from letting us. I also can't even imagine what you think you have to lose from casting your own truth spell right here right now, so wipe that grin from your face and start thinking about what's best for not just your own inflated ego but other zebra who your violent acts will end up hurting the most."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 32  Next