Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A No-Longer-So-Tragic Announcement

+28
Cardbo
RavenscroftRaven
Dusk Raven
Appkes
Doc pseudopolis
century6
Oblivious
Azureink
elfowlgirl
XandZero2
Brony 7 of 9
Curunir
LoganAura
Greywander
Nehiel Mori
Jason Shadow
Videocrazy
Zarhon
Hayatecooper
SilentBelle
Cainx13
Ranubis
Xel Unknown
AProcrastinatingWriter
Lyntermas
Caden2112
Grey Pen The Flawed
Stairc -Dan Felder
32 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

A No-Longer-So-Tragic Announcement - Page 3 Empty Re: A No-Longer-So-Tragic Announcement

Post  Karilyn Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:55 pm

Greywander wrote:Usually when someone has a close brush with death, they're happy to be alive and looking forward to getting back to their life, but this isn't exactly a typical case, and I'm not sure how to handle it.
Spoilers: I am. <3

I don't think I'll ever want to die again no matter how depressed I get. That was really scary.
Karilyn
Karilyn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

A No-Longer-So-Tragic Announcement - Page 3 Empty Re: A No-Longer-So-Tragic Announcement

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:01 am

FEEL THE FRIENDSHIP!!!!

Um... sorry... I couldn't help it. I'll see myself out...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Greywander Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:28 am

I think we needed a bit of levity in this thread. And honestly, I think phrases like, "explosion of rainbows and friendship," probably describe how we're all feeling on the inside now that everything has turned out okay.

Karilyn, I didn't know what the circumstances were when I wrote that. I guess I'm sort of glad that it was just the medication messing with your head and not a deliberate decision you'd come to. It's scary that meds can do that to someone, though.
Greywander
Greywander
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:36 am

I know the others have already said this, but I'm glad to see you're doing better, Karilyn Smile
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:33 am

Welcome back! sunny Stay awesome, girl!

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:35 am

Levity... Levity...

So, two ponies walk into an Appleoosa bar.
One turns to the other, and says "This place looks a bit.. seedy."
The other replies "Oh my god, a talking pony!"

No? Oh well, can't blame me for trying. Either way, owl's well that ends well. Stay healthy.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:06 am

Today is a good day, I think.

That's all that needs to be said.

Well, that and: welcome back, Karilyn.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Nehiel Mori Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:59 am

FIRE THE ORBITAL FRIENDSHIP CANNON.
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:19 am

Karilyn wrote: I'm sorry for the people I worried, and I am sorry for the tears I caused to be shed. I have been shaking all evening, out of fear over my close brush with death. I hope people can forgive my suicide attempt, and I will quietly resume my quiet background administration of this forum, unseen by the eyes of the populace.

Unseen, perhaps, but never unappreciated. It's good to have you back with us, and we all hope you will continue to get better.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:26 am

I think we're all really glad to hear you're okay, even those of us who don't know you that well. FRIENDSHIP PREVAILS AGAIN!
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:05 pm

Not sure if it's really "friendship prevailing" so much - but it is good to have you back Karilyn.

BTW: My favorite pokemon is definitely Scizor. Followed closely by Bisharp (:

They're just too kewl for school, ya know?
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Karilyn Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:17 pm

I have no idea what I said while I was messed up. Probably Articuno, Suicune, and Shaymin. Though Joltik is in the running too, but I always forget about him when the cards are in the running and I'm mixing metaphors.
Karilyn
Karilyn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:38 pm

My favourite is Absol, followed by some of the final evolutions of the starter pokemon...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:23 pm

Skarmory, Marowak, and Yanmega (but has to be a Coloured Lens Yanmega). You kids and your mainstream 'mons. Not to say I haven't run an Eeveelutions team before.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:42 pm

Tyrogue.

I don't why, I just like the little humanish thing.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:01 pm

I don't follow the pokemon popularity charts myself, but I always loved Scizor, and Bisharp looks like Quickman - so what's not to love? If I'm a mainstream 'mon kind of guy, then so be it.

-I can totally respect the Suicune love though.

When Gold & Silver first came out, I was Suicune hunting 24/7 - I wanted to have one on my team so bad. I thought it was one of the coolest pokemon in the game (outside of Scizor, of course). Funny thing was, in the end, I never found one. The only legendary dog I ever found was Raikou - and that makes me recall a funny story.

Raikou was probably my least favorite dog at the time. I had no intention of getting one on my team. When I found it on one of the routes (I think it was even the first pokemon I encountered on the route too) I was just like - "Meh. It's rare, so I guess I'll throw a pokeball at it? Not like I'm gonna catch it anyway since the thing's just going to run away..." (Don't think I had my trapper pokemon in my first slot at the time) So I just throw a pokeball at this full health Raikou that has no status conditions or anything...

Ball shakes once...

Ball shakes twice...

Ball shakes THREE time?!

BING!

-And just like that, I'd caught one of the most elusive legendaries in the game with a freaking pokeball... while the thing was at full health... and had no status conditions whatsoever...

So, what did I do?

I named it Sabertooth, put it in my team, and never looked back. I've heard that trainers don't choose their pokemon. Pokemon choose their trainers. Raikou has been my favorite dog ever since that fateful day, because it was obviously fated to be. I play with one on my team every chance I get.

(He still doesn't beat out Scizor and Bisharp though for sheer coolness factor)

(;

XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:18 pm

Plain ol' eevee, marrowak, and seadra. Those would be my favourites that I've used time and time again, though I always wanted a shaymin, just because hedgehogs are my favourite animals Smile
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Shadow Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:25 pm

I know this is a little late, but welcome back, Karilyn.

Anyway, favorite pokemon! There are so frickin' many that I find it hard to pick just one (or even my top five). I could probably make a full list if anyone cared, but I doubt it, so I'll just say that Ninetales, Gardevoir, Absol, Spiritomb, and Golurk (in no particular order) are near the top of the list.

What bugs me, though, is that there is a serious shortage of distinctly cat-like pokemon that are actually usable. I tried using a Liepard for a while, but it just wasn't worth the trouble.
Jason Shadow
Jason Shadow
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:09 am

We've already talked on skype Karilyn, but I want to add my welcome to here as well.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:37 am

Glad to see you back on the forums Karilyn, as it was your writeups that inspired me to meet some strangers and start playing Pony Tales, and start making writeups of my own. Welcome back.
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Karilyn Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:10 pm

Oh, I found this photo in my tinypic, to my own surprise. I do not remember ever taking this image. I must've taken the photo during the period of time when my brain was still messed up. But I decided to share it anyway. My integrity is really important to me, and I want people to know that I did not fake a suicide for sympathy, because I know people have done that before, and it's horrible.

This is a picture of me, and my life partner Ember and the hospital when she was visiting me. She apparently brought me my laptop, and I took a photo of us while we were there.

A No-Longer-So-Tragic Announcement - Page 3 2605oqs
Karilyn
Karilyn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3