Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

+11
Pingcode
Paper Shadow
Fury of the Tempest
Xel Unknown
Firedrop23
zer0n
deonte9109
Curunir
SilentBelle
Dusk Raven
AProcrastinatingWriter
15 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) - Page 4 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

Post  Pingcode Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:22 am

Composed Luthier - Curunir
Rusty Bolt - Zeron
Fire Drop - Felix
Wandering Eye - Dusk Raven
Cobbled Stone - Casey1859
Iggy - Deonte9109*
Tehina bint Salad - Pingcode

---

Dr. Tehina Bint Salad
Where does she live right now: Unit 6, 44 Martingale Crescent, University, Canterlot. A spacious, if somewhat spartan one bedroom unit, with nice high ceilings and running water. Not the most luxurious of accommodations but the Royal University subsidises the rent when she's off on one expedition or another.

What's the basics of your background: Tehina is one of the younger and more promising academics to be granted a place in the Royal University of Canterlot Archaeological Department. Studied around the world and travelled extensively in her youth with her father, now ready to step out and make her own mark on the world.

Who do you know and why:
Professor Salad Bint Salad: Eminent Saddle Arabian archaeologist, formerly professor at the University of Cairoan before accepting a lesser teaching position at Royal University of Canterlot in order to spend more time with her daughter.

Possibly Wandering Eye? (Got Skype, mate? Would be good to hash this one out in chat - I'll toss you a PM.)
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) - Page 4 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

Post  Retrokinesis Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:55 am

Argh, why do all the awesome game posts happen while I'm not paying attention Razz

You seem to be full-up on players at the moment but I'd like to put myself down for the waiting list if you have one! I've technically been in 1 campaign but it never really got off the ground, so you'd have to excuse my general noobness.
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:00 am

Guess it's your slot then. Throw me on the waiting list, APW.

Have fun, Retro!
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:10 am

I'd much rather wait than steal your spot. The waiting list is fine for me Razz
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:53 pm

Retrokinesis wrote:I'd much rather wait than steal your spot. The waiting list is fine for me Razz

The game is specifically for newbies. You get in long before people who have played before. Believe me, I've seen too many games on these forums where veterans keep taking all the spots before a newbie can get in, and the newbie keeps asking to get in but can't and eventually leaves the forums entirely.

...oddly specific scenario, I know, but ANYWAY! The last spot is yours before it's anyone else's - this is how this game's waiting list works. Period.

@Dusk Raven: Either post or PM is fine as long as I know.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:42 pm

Alrighty then. May I present for your consideration Brilliant Shimmer, unicorn battlemage extraordinaire.

I think I did an OK job on talents and such; I see her as a tankish character with a focus on single-target attacks. I'll probably pick-up the Duelist line of traits and the talent to negate the It's Witchcraft penalty as she's supposed to be quite skilled at tinkering with magical forces. Let's see, questions...

Where does she live? Technically, the Shimmer Estate in Canterlot. She prefers to bunk at the Royal Guard headquarters though.

Background basics? On the sheet.

People she knows? Anyone in the Royal Guard or strongly-represented in the Canterlot social scene. She's never really left Canterlot before so it's unlikely she knows anypony else.

Let me know if that looks good!
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:46 pm

Excellently done, Retro! I see no problems with your character, and you obviously worked very hard on the flavor - I approve!

Now, I just need zeron and Firedrop to show up again before Friday - and though I do not need anybody to do so I would prefer if people were willing to give information on characters

Sorry if I'm starting to sound less fun and more drill-seargeant-esque...well, maybe not that level, but you get what I'm trying to say. In my defense, we are starting this on Monday (not tomorrow but next) and I do need people to get in here.

*looks at first post* Ha! "A week from now! "That's funny.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:48 pm

<LE PO>

Oh wait a second...you seem to have only six points put into your racial traits so far. You should have 8!

Unless of course, you want to have only six for some reason...

EDIT: Keep noticing stuff, I do! You also still have 1000 gold to spend on items if you wish - and though I'm not saying you have to, if you're wanting a tanky build for your character perhaps Knight's Presence would be a better special move? Again, your choice - I don't want to force anyone to have any specific talents!
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:54 pm

All good, have fun!

APW - one request, can give you some feedback on my character before I wander away?
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:02 pm

Ack, I forgot to add the cutie mark to the list of racial abilities! I keep forgetting that's not a thing everyone gets by default Razz

Hmm... for the extra gold, I was thinking maybe a Talisman of Weapons? It says the Conjure Weapon talent specifically but I assume that means *any* of the weapon-conjuring ones? I thought about Knight's Presence (and Form of the Juggernaut) but I figured Be Prepared with Critfisher to trigger it would give me more versatility.
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:13 pm

Retrokinesis wrote:Ack, I forgot to add the cutie mark to the list of racial abilities! I keep forgetting that's not a thing everyone gets by default Razz

Hmm... for the extra gold, I was thinking maybe a Talisman of Weapons? It says the Conjure Weapon talent specifically but I assume that means *any* of the weapon-conjuring ones? I thought about Knight's Presence (and Form of the Juggernaut) but I figured Be Prepared with Critfisher to trigger it would give me more versatility.

Ah, I see, that would explain things!

Yes, it does mean any of the talents that conjure weapons - that really should be clarified, shouldn't it? At any rate, I see where you're coming from on the Versatility and accept your character as "good"! Very Happy

@Pingcode: fiiiiiine, goooooosh tongue

Your character seems to be all about helping others - utility talents seem designed to succeed and/or help others succeed at a wide variety of skill checks, and your combat talents seem tailor-made to make sure you take damage before your ally would. If that was what you were going for, then good job! If not...odd.

If you wish to be a pure defender, I would suggest swapping out Quake Stomp for something a bit more defense-oriented like Vengeance is Mine, but I think I can safely presume you don't want to be a perfect defender. Razz
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  casey1859 Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:14 pm

Oh hey, right. Those questions.
(Cobbled Stone)
Hmm..
Where does he live right now?: With his father, in a relatively small town in a workshop (Masonry? They work with stone...) I wonder what a good ponified name for a small town would be....

What's the basics of his background?: It's all in the character sheet. From the time he was born till the time that I sorta think that his mom is Discord. Or maybe his wife. Or something.

Who do you know and why? Cobbled stone is a very sociable pony. He gets along very well with his friends at school, who marvel at his one-of-a-kind creations. He is also on definitely good terms with his father, they have a very good relationship, working together in the shop AND WHATNOT.

P.S.: I have also got a question: Does my weapon get a basic attack AND the Combat Talent that it lists, or just that combat talent?
casey1859
casey1859
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:16 pm

Just the combat talent that it lists. And this applies to all weapons too; either the combat talent they provide or the effect they provide is all they do. Everything else is roleplay.

Disappointing answer, I know, but it's the truth. Sorry.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:22 pm

Alright, cool. I was going for something of a defensive bruiser style, with the ability to intercept and with enough pips punish powerful attacks (Defender -> That stunning interrupt, which would stun an opponent out of getting off a big attack).

Anything character wise, as opposed to build wise?
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:31 pm

Backstory seems sound, maybe expand it out slightly if you want a more "grandiose" feel to the character, otherwise leave as-is.

I can tell by the number of combat talents dedicated to giving herself HP or defending herself better (Survival Skills, Strength of Earth, Guarded Stance, Hierophant Armor) combined with the number of interrupts designed to make sure enemies will attack her, not her allies, and get paid for it (Defender, Bruiser's Punch, Counter-Kick) that she would rather herself be hurt before any of her friends, but doesn't intend to sacrifice her life unnecessarily either. Somepony who is grounded and knows what their place in the world is.

Other than that, I can't tell much about the personality - but that's not bad! That's for you to discover and tell us through roleplay, after all. So no suggestions on how to improve your character - that's up to you.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:34 pm

Pingcode wrote:All good, have fun!

APW - one request, can give you some feedback on my character before I wander away?

Nuuuu, don't wander away! *flails*

Anyway, I think I've got most of the background fleshed out, although now you've got me trying to work out Wandering Eye's roots and connections, which is difficult because Arkham absolutely refuses to be ponified, at least in name. Still, I've got some associations being worked out.

I haven't given too much thought to where Wander lives, other than in tents. He probably has a house somewhere, or more likely an apartment. He's not so much after a place to live as a place to sleep.

I do kinda want to give him a mansion, though, albeit one he has not visited in some time. I rather like the trope of mansions with hidden secrets... particularly inherited mansions... and now I'm well on my way to mix in the more mundane elements of Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem into my characters backstory... which actually works out well because the mansion in that game is basically a library/observatory with a bedroom and kitchen attached. And a secret study, but still. At this point I think I'll have to PM you this stuff, APW, because someone has got to put a filter on all these ideas I'm getting.

I'd also like to imagine (or rather, fantasize) that he knows Princess Luna to a mild degree (Luna is best princess!) and possibly Princess Twilight, although any interaction with the latter will most likely be strictly academic - I'd imagine she'd have an interest in all those spells he keeps digging up, after all.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:56 pm

I'll think on whether letting your character be acquainted with Princess Luna or Twilight is okay - I think so, but you never know. Again, I'll need time to think.

As for the rest, PM me like you said, and I'll stop you on the brain-melting, madness-gibbering page that our campaign strictly cannot go into.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:02 am

Well, from what I can tell of the campaign, if he doesn't know Luna already he will shortly, so it's all good.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:21 am

If you're looking to build connections between characters, Brilliant's family estate happens to be both ancient and inherited! I'm sure there couldn't be anything horrible in the basement that's been in the possession of one magically-potent unicorn bloodline for a few millennia...

Also, I played Eternal Darkness as well. If you start summoning Saddleurga or Uneighoth, I'm totally running away Razz

Also also, the board's spellchecker doesn't recognize "millennia" as a word. Fun fact.
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:26 am

Cool, thanks for the feedback, APW. Gimme a shout if a spot opens up.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:32 am

Retrokinesis wrote:If you're looking to build connections between characters, Brilliant's family estate happens to be both ancient and inherited! I'm sure there couldn't be anything horrible in the basement that's been in the possession of one magically-potent unicorn bloodline for a few millennia...

Also, I played Eternal Darkness as well. If you start summoning Saddleurga or Uneighoth, I'm totally running away Razz

Also also, the board's spellchecker doesn't recognize "millennia" as a word. Fun fact.

OMAGOSH YOU ARE BEST PONY.

Actually, that might be nice... as I've started to run into continuity snarl. See, I figured Wandering Eye's interest in the occult started with his grandfather... and then I changed it so that it was a childhood friend of his, Star Seeker (aka pony Alexandra Roivas), and her grandfather, Tome Peeker, that got him interested. And then I started thinking, "You know, Star Seeker seems like a fun character to play in another campaign." Except that this campaign is 100 years after FiM, so if I wanted to keep the same continuity for all my characters (a losing proposition, I know), I'd have to most likely make Star Seeker from the FiM timeframe... which necessitates her having some grandchildren of her own. BLARGH.

And I still need to figure out how pony Randolph Carter fits in...

Maybe I'll just have Star Seeker in the present as a backup character in the present in case Wandering Eye meets a gruesome end, and mention that her grandfather had some unspecified adventures in the distant past.

Assuming I don't find a way to build connections with the aid of other players, of course. Although Wandering Eye is distinctly middle-class so I'm not sure how he'd meet a unicorn of such a distinguished line, in Brilliant's case...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:09 am

Hmm... I'm sure we could say there's been a decent number of professors in the Shimmer family and Eye might have run into one of them? Or else he met her directly in her role as a Guard.
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:11 am

Possibly. Hmm, does her position require her to travel any? Perhaps one of Wandering Eye's expeditions required some magical backup in case things went dicey...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:20 am

That's a possibility. Maybe it was an expedition funded by a royal grant and so they sent some Royal Guard along to protect their investment?
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:27 am

Royal grant? Something of royal interest might indeed garner that extra security... which begs question of just what they were studying. And why they sent royal guards instead of a lone pony with orders to make some friends.

Celestia's insane planning skills aside, that's one possibility. I'm not sure Wandering Eye makes friends readily (he won't object to making them but doesn't generally seek them out), so it'd have to be some prolonged assignment together or something.

Either that or she needed to look something up and Wandering Eye was the pony to turn to...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next