Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

+33
Inferno1114
Antiquated
Lifeforce
Colter Bolt
AProcrastinatingWriter
RavenscroftRaven
Doc pseudopolis
Grey Pen The Flawed
Hayatecooper
Z2
Caden2112
Pingcode
Kindulas
Quietkal
Nehiel Mori
Videocrazy
Zarhon
tygerburningbright
ZamuelNow
Azureink
Demonu
sunbeam
LoganAura
thematthew
Curunir
Philadelphus
Fury of the Tempest
A1C Bronymous
Paper Shadow
SilentBelle
Xel Unknown
Ramsus
Stairc -Dan Felder
37 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 17 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  Ramsus Thu May 16, 2013 5:07 am

That clears up that question, yes. Which wasn't even mine. But, that was a silly assumption to make on your part. Knowing what the words mean doesn't help when it's easily possible to interpret that information multiple ways. Which is why the clarification was asked for. It's not like I'm the only person who that answer didn't answer the question for. In fact.... as far as I know, nobody seemed to get a clear answer from that.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 17 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  Hayatecooper Thu May 16, 2013 5:13 am

I got a clear answer to both of Dans comments.

Onto the actual question.
Untraceable
You and up to five target allies leave no trace of your presence for the next five minutes (you leave no hoofprints, no magical impressions, no tracks, etc.).

So.
What happens if you break a vase or something? Something that would undoubtedly leave a trace. I've been playing it so the vase is broken but there isn't anything connecting you to it(Hoof-prints that kind of thing) but I'm curious to know if there is anything offical on this.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu May 16, 2013 5:58 am

Hayatecooper wrote:I got a clear answer to both of Dans comments.
Really? Ok, tell me where he said if Enfeebling Curse is supposed to be an attack or not. And then why it is if so. Because I don't see that anywhere.

I'm really sick of people contradicting me just for the sake of doing so.

Edit: Note that I do not mean implied (to end up meaning whatever the reader thinks it should mean) or you could assume an answer from what was said. I mean actually gave a real answer, not more vague confusing stuff that doesn't address the issue.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Thu May 16, 2013 6:04 am

Essentially he's saying

Yes Enfeebling Curse is an attack, and Draw Blood is a utility because mechanics not flavor and that he should work on actually making that clearer to the unwashed masses such as our selves.

Well, that's how I took it at any rate. And trust me, I'm not being contradictory just for the sake of doing so, I take genuine pleasure in it.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu May 16, 2013 6:08 am

Hayatecooper wrote:Essentially he's saying

Yes Enfeebling Curse is an attack, and Draw Blood is a utility because mechanics not flavor and that he should work on actually making that clearer to the unwashed masses such as our selves.

Well, that's how I took it at any rate. And trust me, I'm not being contradictory just for the sake of doing so, I take genuine pleasure in it.

You realize you A) Proved my point about how worthless your contradiction was. B) Just admitted to trolling me. Right?

Edit: And yes, that is official notice of my complaint to the staff about that, staff people.
Edit 2: To be specific, Hayatecooper broke Behavioral rules 1 & 2 there. First in the harassment and then in admitting to it with clear intentions of provoking a response.
Edit 3: And he can hardly say he wasn't warned that I would find his actions to be upsetting. I said so twice in this very thread recently, one time being what his trolling was a direct response to.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Thu May 16, 2013 6:16 am

He answered your question, he just didn't really give you much detail.
So technically you should get more annoyed about the lack of depth of his answers, then the fact he isn't answering your questions.

When I sated I got a clear answer from both of Dans comments I meant that I got the "It does nothing" meaning the attack does piss all if you miss and the "Yes Enfeebling is an attack, Draw Blood however isn't because of reasons that I should work on making clearer and thus have no more information at this time."

B) No point hiding what you love from the world, unless it's ponies cause only little girls like that.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu May 16, 2013 6:18 am

I never asked for you opinions on what Dan had said could mean (in fact, I was pretty clear already that what I was asking for was an official answer and not people's opinions) and that nor your love of trolling people are justifiable excuses for doing so.

Last edited by Ramsus on Thu May 16, 2013 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Thu May 16, 2013 6:22 am

In fact.... as far as I know, nobody seemed to get a clear answer from that

You stated that as far as you knew nobody seemed to get a clear answer. I voiced up that I did, so that you gained a wider perspective. As for the trolling bit, well, I like to give that away free to specialized customers.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu May 16, 2013 6:26 am

I've already proven that the only "clear" answer you got was your interpretation of what Dan said and not an actual answer everyone can read and get the same answer from.

As for your predilection for who you troll and why, I don't care. You seem to not be aware that this is a forum where the staff finds it acceptable to ban people for breaking rules that don't yet exist. I don't see why you should be cut slack for breaking them and not even thinking what you did was wrong or warrants an apology on your part.
Edit: On the chance you don't know, the rules state that being unaware of the rules is not an acceptable excuse for breaking them.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Thu May 16, 2013 6:37 am

Well.. I'm not really sure ho much clearer an answer I can get? We can only ever interrupt what is put in front of us with what knowledge we currently have, plus the views given to us from our parents and society as a whole.

THUS

It is truly impossible, without context or more information from the content creator to have a clear and definite answer. Therefore, I believe and you may not and that's fine, that the answer I saw was, as clear as can be, in the text given.

Also.
I guess I should apoligize.

I, Hayatecooper, do apoligize to you Ramsus for offending your delicate sensibilities and for daring to disagree or contradict your point of view. I solemnly swear not to do so in the future and to train myself to see the world with the same obvious contempt and lack of humor then I do myself. I also promise to stop my trollish ways and learn how to be a better forum member, and person in the bargain.

My the great god Staric strike me down with a banning if I lie.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu May 16, 2013 6:45 am

Giving an insincere apology that just serves as another post for you to continue to mock me doesn't really help your position you know?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Thu May 16, 2013 6:46 am

Was fun though.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu May 16, 2013 7:52 am

Guys let's practice a bit more love and tolerance, okay?

Hayate, whether you think Ramsus shouldn't be offended by a little light teasing is irrelevant to the fact that it is clearly bothering him and you seem to be persisting in some of it *specifically because it is bothering him*. It's that last part that isn't okay. Persisting in disagreement is fine, but it's not pleasant to do anything for reasons of making someone uncomfortable. It's also against the rules.

Ramsus, Hayate got what I meant absolutely correct. And it has indeed been the practice for forum users to help answer one anothers' questions. It saves me time and you're more than free to ask again if you want official confirmation - someone else answering either provides the answer earlier if correct or demonstrates a broader need for clarification if incorrect. Both can be very helpful in different ways.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat May 18, 2013 4:48 pm

Conjured Weapon Talent is normally given a +2 boost to its normal cost, while minor moves are a -3 right? So does it work to take a +1 Combat Talent and make it a 0 Minor-Action Conjured Weapon Talent, or is that too powerful?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat May 18, 2013 4:56 pm

Great question! I love talking about the system.

Those formula are guidelines rather than hard rules. For example, bone mites are pretty underpowered if they cost 1 pip or more. However - reduce them to 0 pips via the pip cost reduction stuff for conjurers and they can singlehandedly turn mass battles into a joke.

The conjured weapon formula you mention only works because the players can only get the advantage once per round (locking it to standard actions). Over a battle, the +2 benefit will add up to make it worth the cost of conjuring the weapon without being too powerful. If they can get the +2 benefit off their standard action *and* their minor though - they can rack up benefits twice as quickly. This is fine if you make the weapon cost twice as much to conjure (though I doubt people would want to pay 14 pips to conjure one) but you can't just work such a thing into the established cost structure.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat May 18, 2013 6:00 pm

Oh right... so the +2 is only meant to apply to the standard actions a Conjured Weapon? What would you say works for the minor then? Would it be flat zero, or reduced to +1? Well, guideline wise. As you said, its not a hard rule. Or would you have to balance it out by reducing all of the standard actions to a +1 to have a solid minor action? I mean, isn't that what you did for the Hurricane Blade?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat May 18, 2013 6:02 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Oh right... so the +2 is only meant to apply to the standard actions a Conjured Weapon? What would you say works for the minor then? Would it be flat zero, or reduced to +1? Well, guideline wise. As you said, its not a hard rule. Or would you have to balance it out by reducing all of the standard actions to a +1 to have a solid minor action? I mean, isn't that what you did for the Hurricane Blade?

Yeah, so long as you're getting +2 every turn, it doesn't matter how you get it. So you can have a normal-cost minor action and/or move action in addition to the +2 standard actions, or split things up to be +1s. So long as the character is only getting 2 pips of advantage each turn, it's fine.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat May 18, 2013 6:15 pm

Hmmmm... Hmmmmmmmmmm....

If we continue this discussion, should we take this to the PM's? I want to ask your opinion on a specific weapon and its talents as I'm about to test it in a campaign.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat May 18, 2013 6:29 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Hmmmm... Hmmmmmmmmmm....

If we continue this discussion, should we take this to the PM's? I want to ask your opinion on a specific weapon and its talents as I'm about to test it in a campaign.

Sure thing. Kindulas does more weapon design than I do too - so feel free to send a PM to him as well.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat May 18, 2013 6:32 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:
Fury of the Tempest wrote:Hmmmm... Hmmmmmmmmmm....

Sure thing. Kindulas does more weapon design than I do too - so feel free to send a PM to him as well.

I know, I have PMed him about he weapons I've made before, though I guess I would like to talk to him about it in more detail...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat May 18, 2013 6:41 pm

Keep pestering him, within reason of course. He always forgets things he means to reply to, even play-by-post games he runs. He actively likes it when people remind him.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat May 18, 2013 6:42 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Keep pestering him, within reason of course. He always forgets things he means to reply to, even play-by-post games he runs. He actively likes it when people remind him.

Hmmm, well I have sent him the same PM I just sent you, so maybe that might remind him to check out the document containing the document with all my ideas.

What's within reason? Once a week? Once a fortnight, or once a month?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat May 18, 2013 6:48 pm

I'd say every few days. We bug him multiple times a day, but we're special. Cool
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat May 18, 2013 6:52 pm

Once a week would be easier to keep track of, so I'll do it that way.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sun May 19, 2013 6:29 pm

I apologise if this has been asked before but do the damage bonuses from the Wild Abandon and Berserkers Rage combat talents stack?
For reference:
Wild Abandon:

Berserker's Rage:

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next