Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

+33
Inferno1114
Antiquated
Lifeforce
Colter Bolt
AProcrastinatingWriter
RavenscroftRaven
Doc pseudopolis
Grey Pen The Flawed
Hayatecooper
Z2
Caden2112
Pingcode
Kindulas
Quietkal
Nehiel Mori
Videocrazy
Zarhon
tygerburningbright
ZamuelNow
Azureink
Demonu
sunbeam
LoganAura
thematthew
Curunir
Philadelphus
Fury of the Tempest
A1C Bronymous
Paper Shadow
SilentBelle
Xel Unknown
Ramsus
Stairc -Dan Felder
37 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 10 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:26 pm

That sounds like a great idea for another item! You should PM it to Kindulas.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 10 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  Kindulas Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:28 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:That sounds like a great idea for another item! You should PM it to Kindulas.
on it
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:39 pm

I can't wait to see the cool Tank Weapon. :3
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:04 am

If you have both the Energizing Amulet item and Rapid Recovery trait, and you begin your turn with 3 PiPs: do both of them give you a PiP, or does one of them give you a PiP, then the other see that you now have 4 PiPs and go sulk in a corner?

Descriptions, if you need them.:
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:12 am

You get to choose which order they trigger in, but one triggers and then the second... So you'd only gain 1 pip.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:22 am

Odd question
But is there anything against players sharing cash to a point they can say spend 4000k on lvl 1?
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:25 am

Yes. Your DM can break this rule of course but it is SEVERELY not recommended.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:27 am

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:You get to choose which order they trigger in, but one triggers and then the second... So you'd only gain 1 pip.
Ah, ok. Thanks. And hmmm...
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:38 am

Though you wanted those two effects to stack...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:54 am

They do, when you're low enough for them to work.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:04 am

0->2
1->3
2->4
3->4 only one activates
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nehiel Mori Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:15 am

I do like the idea of a build thats only -1's, -2's, -3,s and -4 powers and using those two items. Don't do anything fancy; just grind out advantage over time.
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:26 am

Works well with the free action reroll initiative combat talent too, so you can trigger the recovery on your first turn plus get a free initiative bonus.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:36 am

Nehiel Mori wrote:I do like the idea of a build thats only -1's, -2's, -3,s and -4 powers and using those two items. Don't do anything fancy; just grind out advantage over time.

First turn Blood Pact, and Not Compensating.
Every other turn = Not Compensating = Win?
Smile
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:43 am

Um... Unless you got Motion Blur, you wouldn't be able to do that combo turn one. Not Compensating spends a Minor Action to use as well.

And speaking of that odd effect, does that mean you can't trigger the Oversized Sword if you are dazed?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:59 am

Yep.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:00 am

Xel Unknown wrote:Um... Unless you got Motion Blur, you wouldn't be able to do that combo turn one. Not Compensating spends a Minor Action to use as well.

And speaking of that odd effect, does that mean you can't trigger the Oversized Sword if you are dazed?
It does, I believe. You do not have the action to expend.
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:10 pm

Any reason the Bracers of Ludicrous Speed is worth 4800 gold and not 5000 or 4500 gold?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:30 pm

There's a mathematical formula, but that is stupid. We'll fix it.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:45 pm

Coolio... Also any reason why there isn't a third middle version for speed boosting? I mean there is a 1000 Gold version that gives +4, and a 5000 Gold (I assume it'd be rounded up from the 4800 amount) version that gives +20... Maybe there should be a version that gives like +12 at 3000 bits?

Also... I know I've asked this before, but answer I got was mostly just grouping effects into two groups. Which doesn't help me at all personally. So what's the flowchart of basically EVERY status effect like getting Temp-HP, Resistance, Take half Damage (there are like five or four of those now, can they be comboed together?), vulnerability, and ect, interact with eachother how? What is the order of events between all of these types of effects?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:45 am

Does an attack that is made to 'Have no Effect' by some sort of ability still give/take the pips for use?
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:50 am

Z2 wrote:Does an attack that is made to 'Have no Effect' by some sort of ability still give/take the pips for use?
Yes, that cost is paid before any actions are made to nullify it
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:20 am

Kindulas is correct.

As for your questions Xel...

1) The trait that provides an initiative boost, which you can get for 2000 gold, is rather the middle tier. We could easily make a 3000 gold one though to make things feel more symmetrical. I think we will.

2) Honestly, this is a complicated question and it's 1am... I'll answer it when I'm more awake.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:01 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:
Also... I know I've asked this before, but answer I got was mostly just grouping effects into two groups. Which doesn't help me at all personally. So what's the flowchart of basically EVERY status effect like getting Temp-HP, Resistance, Take half Damage (there are like five or four of those now, can they be comboed together?), vulnerability, and ect, interact with eachother how? What is the order of events between all of these types of effects?

1) Things that modify the attacker's stuff before any damage is dealt (like weakness or an effect like Hawkeye) happen first. They tell us the total amount of damage the attacker is going to dish out.

2) Things that modify the amount of damage the person getting hit is going to take happen second. For example, Resistance prevents damage your *would* take - so it gets to act before vulnerabilty.

3) Once the person getting hit *does* take damage, things that wait for him to actually take damage trigger - like vulnerability.

4) The person loses hp.

In short - all the modifiers on the number of damage the person would deal (steps 1 and 2) pretty much happen at the same time. It doesn't really matter if the attacker's damage is halved first and then doubled or doubled first and then halved. Then once the person actually *takes* damage, things like vulnerability trigger.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:25 pm

Where does Temp-Hp go on this list?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next