Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

+33
Inferno1114
Antiquated
Lifeforce
Colter Bolt
AProcrastinatingWriter
RavenscroftRaven
Doc pseudopolis
Grey Pen The Flawed
Hayatecooper
Z2
Caden2112
Pingcode
Kindulas
Quietkal
Nehiel Mori
Videocrazy
Zarhon
tygerburningbright
ZamuelNow
Azureink
Demonu
sunbeam
LoganAura
thematthew
Curunir
Philadelphus
Fury of the Tempest
A1C Bronymous
Paper Shadow
SilentBelle
Xel Unknown
Ramsus
Stairc -Dan Felder
37 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 34 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:07 am

Doublepost, w/ question-
What happens to status effects when you are K/Od? I seem to remember reading somewhere that they go away, or specific ones go away, or something, but I can't find anything now.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 34 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:13 am

Bronymous wrote:Doublepost, w/ question-
What happens to status effects when you are K/Od? I seem to remember reading somewhere that they go away, or specific ones go away, or something, but I can't find anything now.
I don't think any of them go away. You still take ongoing damage, suffer vulnerability, be protected by resist and all that. The only kinda exception is Regeneration, which doesn't go away, but doesn't work when you have 0 HP or less (even if you are still concious with 0 HP or less)...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:28 am

Then that's the one I was thinking of, that stopped working. Ok then.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:42 am

Some DMs like to have daze and stun go away when you fall unconscious too, for flavor reasons, but there's no mechanical rule for that.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:17 am

As far as combat is concerned, which mechanics are mandatory, and which aren't? What effects are forced to go into effect, and what kinds can you choose to ignore/skip on demand?

We know that save ends checks at the end of a turn are mandatory - but what about other stuff?

1) Regeneration - can you choose not to be healed by it (e.g. enemy has a heal-punishing effect, or you wish to stay bloodied)?
2) Can you choose to have resist selectively block damage (e.g. block only part of the damage, rather than the full amount, for instance to take just enough damage to trigger a "take damage effect")?
3) Can you choose to have temporary hp be bypassed taking your actual hp instead, (for instance to get bloodied, whilst still being protected by temp hp for later)?
4) Can you ignore (forced or not forced, e.g. "on next attack" or "for the rest of the battle") applying instances of "+X damage" to your abilities (e.g. if targeting an ally by accident)?
5) can one skip "extra" save ends checks or abilities granted to you by a trait or another effect (e.g. warlord abilities, iron will trait, save ends rolls...)?
6) Can one not apply save ends bonuses to their save ends rolls, if they have such (e.g. from an item or granted by an ally)? Does this apply to other bonuses as well?
7) Can one force a conjuration to not activate it's "on death" traits or effects?

Is there any possibility of adding a list of "mandatory vs non-mandatory" combat effects?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:51 pm

While it's obviously up to the designers, it would seem incredibly weird for anything that doesn't have "may" listed in the description to be optional. It would both be confusing to keep up with and limit GM strategies.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:52 pm

Zamuel is correct. If it doesn't say 'may' or some similar qualifier - it isn't an option.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:40 pm

Question can things that target with the word you be blocked with Master Defense?

Trait:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:21 am

How does the new Spellbook weapon interact with Conjured weapons?
Item for reference:
Also if I use thunderstorm while confused do I flip a coin for the whole attack or each individual bolt?
Talent for Reference:

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:52 am

How does Inspiration work when Fool me twice is active? Do you roll twice for both the initial roll and the inspiration roll or just the first roll?

reference:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:42 pm

Doc pseudopolis wrote:How does the new Spellbook weapon interact with Conjured weapons?
Item for reference:
Also if I use thunderstorm while confused do I flip a coin for the whole attack or each individual bolt?
Talent for Reference:

1) It doesn't interact with conjured weapons in any special way. They're just like normal combat talents. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the question?

2) You can do it either way. I'd do it for each bolt of lightning unless combat is going too slowly - then a DM might ask you to do it just once for all of them.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:43 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:How does Inspiration work when Fool me twice is active? Do you roll twice for both the initial roll and the inspiration roll or just the first roll?

reference:

If you reroll a die, the result never actually happened - so if at first the result *would* be 1 and then you reroll it... You never actually got the 1. The reroll is a re-do.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:48 pm

No, he means that you are under the Roll Twice Effects of Fool Me Twice and somehow was given the Inspiration talent by an ally. Would you be able to use that talent while you doing the twice rolling? And if so, would the reroll from Inspiration be only a single roll or two rolls because of the trait's effects? I'd think that the trait's effects would have the reroll be twice given how the rules have written things... And if they don't I'd suggest updating the wording to show that they don't work like that. In fact it doesn't matter if it's Fool Me Twice, just you get under the effects of having to be able to roll twice on your turn and can use Inspiration to do a reroll... Wouldn't the reroll get the same roll twice effect?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:49 pm

right should have said that better.

Ok I have Fool me twice active because I rolled a one last turn so now I am rolling twice for everything but I dislike both results and use Inspiration do I roll once or twice?

ninja-ed by Xel who said it better

Also do moves that just use the word you count as targeting you?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:51 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:No, he means that you are under the Roll Twice Effects of Fool Me Twice and somehow was given the Inspiration talent by an ally. Would you be able to use that talent while you doing the twice rolling? And if so, would the reroll from Inspiration be only a single roll or two rolls because of the trait's effects? I'd think that the trait's effects would have the reroll be twice given how the rules have written things... And if they don't I'd suggest updating the wording to show that they don't work like that. In fact it doesn't matter if it's Fool Me Twice, just you get under the effects of having to be able to roll twice on your turn and can use Inspiration to do a reroll... Wouldn't the reroll get the same roll twice effect?

As they're two different effects, you have to wait for one to finish. So you can roll twice, taking either result, then reroll that result with inspiration if you like.

I might still be missing the question though, I'm a bit confused as to what's being asked.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:53 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:right should have said that better.

Ok I have Fool me twice active because I rolled a one last turn so now I am rolling twice for everything but I dislike both results and use Inspiration do I roll once or twice?

ninja-ed by Xel who said it better

Also do moves that just use the word you count as targeting you?

1) Aha! You roll twice more.

2) No. But feel free to post an example.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:56 pm

The second thing I am asking only really involves if
[+6] (Grab For Power) - Standard Utility
Lose 1d8 Pips.

counts as targeting for the purposes of

Master Defense
Prerequisite: Expert Defense
Instead of the benefits of Expert Defense, you gain the following benefit instead.
Whenever a creature targets you with a with a single target combat talent, you may roll a d12. On a 7 or higher, the combat talent has no effect on you.

actually on that note can targeting as a whole get a definition?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:09 pm

Hey, what happened to the upgraded versions of Amulet of Protection? Didn't there used to be one version that gave a +8 temp at 1000 gold and a version that gave +10 temp at 1500 gold?

Combat Items Doc:

Missing Items:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:14 pm

level 10 inventor feature:
Does this Density Feature require one to have the Utility talent Create Crazy Contraption, or do you get the three free uses of the talent without needing the utility beforehand?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:59 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:
Doc pseudopolis wrote:How does the new Spellbook weapon interact with Conjured weapons?
Item for reference:

1) It doesn't interact with conjured weapons in any special way. They're just like normal combat talents. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the question?

I think what this was asking was if you bring Spellbook and a conjured weapon talent, does it grant you access to the talents you normally have to use the conjured weapon for?

My answer is probably not, as it would be priced higher and mostly just be broken if you could use the souped-up conjured weapon talents. Also, You don't really have those talents in your "toolkit." You have a talent that gives you access to those, but it's not like you could choose to bring FireSlash and Cremate into the battle and not Flametongue.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:18 pm

If that's the question, of course not. You don't have access to those special talents, you couldn't bring them into battle in the first place, the move just grants you the opportunity to gain access to them.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:40 pm

If someone hits you & other allies with an attack, can you use Under The Aegis to redirect the attack to JUST hit you? Or does the attack have to just hit multiple allies?

And what if the attack hits allies & enemies? Can you redirect the attack on you allies to yourself?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:25 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:The second thing I am asking only really involves if
[+6] (Grab For Power) - Standard Utility
Lose 1d8 Pips.

counts as targeting for the purposes of

Master Defense
Prerequisite: Expert Defense
Instead of the benefits of Expert Defense, you gain the following benefit instead.
Whenever a creature targets you with a with a single target combat talent, you may roll a d12. On a 7 or higher, the combat talent has no effect on you.

actually on that note can targeting as a whole get a definition?
Xel Unknown wrote:Hey, what happened to the upgraded versions of Amulet of Protection? Didn't there used to be one version that gave a +8 temp at 1000 gold and a version that gave +10 temp at 1500 gold?

Combat Items Doc:

Missing Items:
Xel Unknown wrote:
level 10 inventor feature:
Does this Density Feature require one to have the Utility talent Create Crazy Contraption, or do you get the three free uses of the talent without needing the utility beforehand?
Skiped Questions... Make sure not to skip Fury's question that's above me too.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:59 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:If that's the question, of course not. You don't have access to those special talents, you couldn't bring them into battle in the first place, the move just grants you the opportunity to gain access to them.
But that doesn't mean the same as if you get a Be Prepeared d12 crit triggered when you have a Conjurered Weapon out... I know for sure that you've said before that it means that you'd unlock all talents both Weapon Talents and non-wepaon talents at that time.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:10 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:
Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:If that's the question, of course not. You don't have access to those special talents, you couldn't bring them into battle in the first place, the move just grants you the opportunity to gain access to them.
But that doesn't mean the same as if you get a Be Prepeared d12 crit triggered when you have a Conjurered Weapon out... I know for sure that you've said before that it means that you'd unlock all talents both Weapon Talents and non-wepaon talents at that time.
Spellbook - 500 Gold
Weapon
When you start a battle with this weapon equipped, you may bring all of your combat talents into battle (instead of choosing 5).
Unless you can start a battle with a conjured weapon, there is nothing to worry about...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next