Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

+28
Pingcode
deonte9109
Caden2112
Mind Gamer
LoganAura
Doc pseudopolis
thematthew
Z2
Cardbo
AlicornPriest
sunbeam
Quietkal
Kenzamaka
Azureink
Philadelphus
Nehiel Mori
Fury of the Tempest
Dusk Raven
Paper Shadow
Hayatecooper
A1C Bronymous
Xel Unknown
Kindulas
kajisora
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
Zarhon
Stairc -Dan Felder
32 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here - Page 16 Empty Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:27 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:The concept of there being Conjure Weapon Traits that add minor additional effects while using the Weapon Talent... Seems really awesome. But I believe the only way to possilbity balance such traits... Would be to limit them to only work in paring with only one Weapon Talent. I'm going to totally make a topic to detail my thoughts on this interesting idea.
I'm glad you like the concept. However, limiting them to only one conjured weapon?

... Yeah. Sorry Xel, but that won't work. Trait's are never linked to 1 talent & 1 talent alone.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here - Page 16 Empty Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:47 pm

Just becuase it hasn't been done like that yet, doesn't mean it wouldn't work and/or be balanced if such a thing was done. It'll be extreamly hard to both build new Weapon Talents and Weapon Talent-traits, if you gotta make sure each one are balanced to a degree that each Talent and Trait must work with all of eachother making them need to be extreamly bland and have minor boosts that would have to somehow work with each type of combo one could make with it. I mean take that Sword and Shield idea you have right there. Think of it this way, the easiest to see ways to balance it is to factor in how it'd work with ALL 7 (and counting if that Celestia Spear Trait becomes a thing which far as we know is in the works) weapon talent traits... Or you build the traits to only work with ONE weapon talent at a time, making each version it's own type of thing to be awesome in their own way. I could see this turning into it's own new Trait type if we iron out the kinks enough.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:52 pm

It goes against the trait's design. Each trait is made so it can help with a variety of different builds and abilities. Limiting a trait to only boost 1 specific combat talent, removes it from being a trait at all. In fact. It. Does. Not. Belong. In. The. System.

There is NOTHING that boosts one, specific combat talent. Not one other talent, or trait, or weapon. Limiting something to boost only 1 specific combat talent automatically removes it from system.

If more work is done to balance conjured-weapon traits like the one I've suggested, so be it.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:53 pm

While it's better for build options if a trait can be used for lots of different things, I don't see why having an extra trait in the system that was built to work with one specific talent would be a bad thing. Sure, it'd be great if it worked with more stuff - but it wouldn't *have* to. There's no rule against it.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:04 pm

Why does it matter, you conjurers have been dominating expansions, additions and updates for weeks. There is enough stuff already in system to allow conjurations damn near for free. What benefit will having extra traits that buff single weapons really afford?

You know what traits there aren't any of? Offensive support. You can spend two traits to gain a max of 2 whole extra damage on single target attacks only. If you can't give out extra damage, then how about some pip cost reductions, on say, multiple successive attacks for example. Or since Traits can affect single talents, then that's where they need to be added, to basic attacks. I don't have anything off the top of my head, but maybe something like allowing Where It Hurts to be used more than once per turn. Or Imnterrupts/Reactions that do damage cost less, or gain and extra damage die.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:48 pm

More dire than even single target attacks, there's pretty much nothing for adjacency/multi-target attacks.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:46 am

1) The problem with damage boosters have been that multiattackers run away with them and destroy everything. Granted, the system could stand more 1/Round damage boosters and things.
2) For AoEs, I do want to do a trait line of some kind that gives you a benefit times X, where X is the number of creatures hit with a single attack. Though I guess that's more interesting in board where it's a challenge to see how many enemies you can line up in a burst. Still, AoE support is hard right now, as we realized we don't have any framework for how much damage AoEs should be allowed to do. When creating Fireball, we took Stab, knocked in down 1 die size, and made it hit 3 targets. Now we realize that's a ludicrous amount to damage inflation for AoEs to have, but we don't know what's reasonable.

Also to be fair I believe the recent conversation what about conjured *weapons*
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:46 am

This is really spur of the moment. Quick and dirty.

Combat Trait
Attack, Attack, Attack!

Whenever you use a standand attack that has an energy cost in battle, and follow up the next turn with the same standard attack, you pay one less energy.  This effect isn't cumulative and ends when you choose to use a different combat ability.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:56 am

Kindulas wrote:When creating Fireball, we took Stab, knocked in down 1 die size, and made it hit 3 targets. Now we realize that's a ludicrous amount to damage inflation for AoEs to have, but we don't know what's reasonable.
Or is it? After all, die size can mean a LOT when it comes to crits... And those aren't balanced at all yet either! jocolor 

One one level - it seems silly to add more and more to the combat system - it just means more stuff that will have to be rebalanced later once we finally get time to redo the balance on everything.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:45 am

The thing I noticed with aoe attacks is that they're wholly unrepresented when it comes to pip boosters. There is a grand total one pip booster aoe attack (its decent, but there really should be some more variety).

Others talents are either very costly (5 pips or higher for "decent" damage) or simply not quite comparable to single target attacks, and most of them only affect target+adjacent (which is a problem when you enter fights with more opponents than PCs). Making a dedicated aoe build seems tougher than it should be.

Traits or abilities wise, I could think up a few things...

AOE stuff:

Last edited by Zarhon on Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:56 am

Very true. AOE is awesome in the tabletop version, but it's underrepresented in skype.

What about some kind of spreading plague?

[?] Spreading Plague - Standard Utility
Target creature is subjected to your "Spreading Plague" (save ends). A creature subjected to your Spreading Plague loses 5 life at the start of its turn. Whenever a creature fails a save against your Spreading Plague, each creature adjacent to it is subjected to your Spreading Plague as well.

Also, maybe an AOE that deals damage to several enemies and heals you equal to the total damage dealt.

[?] Brilliant Blaze - Standard Attack
Deal 1d8 damage to up to three creatures. You gain HP equal to the total damage dealt this way.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:12 am

I think Brilliant Blaze is already represented with Brilliant Flare, unless you mean it to be a pip booster (which would make it superior to syphon life).

[-3] Brilliant Flare - Standard Attack
Roll a d8. Deal that much damage to up to six enemies. You and up to three allies gain that much hp.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:32 am

It's based on Brilliant Flare, but the difference is that you gain life equal to the *total* damage dealt, not just the result of the d8.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:05 am

Staric has a point actually.. AoE damage (espessically in Skype), as well as crits aren't balanced very well. So... I think we should move away from combat talents and traits until the rework is conplete.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:57 pm

Last minute content submission (That may actually already be too late)!

racial or utility talent:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:44 pm

I really like thermal version!
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:52 pm

It actually isn't too late to submit stuff for this bag of updates. Kindulas and I have been crazy busy with Spelltacular, my D&D camp, Wizbots Battlefighter Extreme, Legends of Orfyngard and (this last one is actually just us having fun playing someone else's game) SolForge. 

Long story short, we've got most of the update done - but we want to include 1 or 2 more community suggestions. We're more interested in utility talents, racial traits and destinies than we are combat stuff at the moment (got a lot of that in so far).
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:57 pm

I'll just dump this here then. Been a while since I've brought it up.

Luna's Rangers:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:08 pm

Chloroform (Utility Talent):

Recycle Crazy Contraption (Utility Talent):
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:03 pm

Destiny:

Destiny:
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:25 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Long story short, we've got most of the update done - but we want to include 1 or 2 more community suggestions. We're more interested in utility talents, racial traits and destinies than we are combat stuff at the moment (got a lot of that in so far).
There's some from earlier weeks as well as some recently suggested. Something I noticed from looking back over the thread is that it seemed to have started with a majority of non-combat suggestions then upswung towards combat suggestions over time.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:41 pm

.... Did you go back and read my thread on that Desinty Azureink?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:15 pm

So... why didn't Dual Conjuration go through?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:01 pm

You might as well ask why stuff from my Skill Support thread never seems to go through. They choose what they feel like choosing.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:02 pm

Ramsus wrote:You might as well ask why stuff from my Skill Support thread never seems to go through. They choose what they feel like choosing.
Ramsus. They've given feedback for reasons why before.

So shut it.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next