Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

+28
Pingcode
deonte9109
Caden2112
Mind Gamer
LoganAura
Doc pseudopolis
thematthew
Z2
Cardbo
AlicornPriest
sunbeam
Quietkal
Kenzamaka
Azureink
Philadelphus
Nehiel Mori
Fury of the Tempest
Dusk Raven
Paper Shadow
Hayatecooper
A1C Bronymous
Xel Unknown
Kindulas
kajisora
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
Zarhon
Stairc -Dan Felder
32 posters

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here - Page 15 Empty Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Kindulas Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:28 pm

sunbeam wrote:https://ponytales.forumotion.com/t656-inspiring-presence#55543

Actually, what QK and I are tinkering with right now are traits that let you grant bonuses equivalent to 1 trait to 1 or more allies. So, you could grant 2 allies bonuses equivalent to a 1000 gold item, or one ally an entire trait. Right now, I think we're trying to shy away from directly porting preexisting traits into the setup, but it's basically the same effect.
Sounds perfect
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here - Page 15 Empty Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Kenzamaka Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:31 pm

Going out on a limb with this one!

[-?] Power Assist - Standard Utility
Target Ally may automatically take the maximum value of one of their dice on their next talent. This can never activate a Special Ability.

For instance, someone uses, idunno, a 3d8 talent. One of those 8s is automatically an 8, but they have to roll the other two. Thoughts?
Kenzamaka
Kenzamaka
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:34 pm

Kenzamaka wrote:Going out on a limb with this one!

[-?] Power Assist - Standard Utility
Target Ally may automatically take the maximum value of one of their dice on their next talent. This can never activate a Special Ability.

For instance, someone uses, idunno, a 3d8 talent. One of those 8s is automatically an 8, but they have to roll the other two. Thoughts?
Hard to tell what it's worth. I mean, you could say "It's worth 5.5 damage because you can max a d12" but... what about things like Haunting Melody?
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenzamaka Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:39 pm

True, and also things like Flaming Arrow, which causes ongoing based on the die roll. I think it's Flaming Arrow.
Kenzamaka
Kenzamaka
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:42 pm

Also when used on Payday, it auto-wins a pip to the user of the talent... Which would be kinda powerful. Also Headshot would mean an auto-12 damage for most GMs who'd have that count for it's effects. Or giving an auto -10 to damage (save ends) to six enemies.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:45 pm

And don't forget Oversized Sword. That technically gives a Combat Talent. Sure to do 20 damage easy...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:54 pm

Yeah, it's one of those abilities whose power depends too much on other talents, and furthermore it would become a "Does that one power make this undesignable?" question when making new things.
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:55 pm

Yeah, it's a nice idea, but would open WAY to big a can of worms... No matter how one balances it.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:48 am

Which is a shame.

You know... I think I'm going to stick to Conjured Weapon Traits & items. I wouldn't mind becoming a... Weapon Forger if you will.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:47 pm

[-5] Conjure Spectral Hound - Standard Utility
You conjure a Spectral Hound. It has the following stat block.

Spectral Hound - 10 HP
Trait - Hunting Pack
When this Spectral Hound is conjured, you may flip a coin. If you win the flip, you may conjure another Spectral Hound.

[0] Vicious Jaws - Standard Attack
Deal 1d8 damage to target creature.

[+1] Conjure Tribble - Standard Utility
You conjure a Tribble. It has the following stat block.

Tribble - 1 HP
[+1] Deal 1 damage to target creature.
[-1] Conjure another Tribble.

Last edited by Stairc -Dan Felder on Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:36 pm

Conjuration Swarms...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:40 pm

Absolutely. =)

Pretty sure that Spectral Hound is going to be overpowered with Sleight of Hand. Rolling a die might well be better (had trouble phrasing it in a way that would work well with Unacceptable). Either way, just wanted to get the idea out there.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:58 am

"Roll a d4. On a 1 or a 2, you may conjure another Spectral Hound."

Same chance, but re-rolling doesn't help you so there's no incentive to re-roll a 1. (You could also use a different die and/or set the probability to something other than 50% if you wanted to.)
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:01 am

Could definitely work. I kind of wish it *did* have some slight synergy with Unacceptable though. However, it's difficult to phrase it in such a way that works (due to Unacceptable only helping your die rolls, not the conjuration's, and saying 'this conjuration's controller rolls a d6' or something is super awkward). But that's fine, I'm sure we'll figure out something.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:13 am

You could always just put it in the summon talent.
[-5] summon spectral hound - standard utility
You summon a spectral hound. Then roll 1d6. On a 4, 5, or a 6, you may use this talent again without paying its energy cost.
The spectral hound has the following stat block...

This way, unnacceptable can boost the roll, but less than it could on a d4.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:19 am

That fits, though it makes the hound itself look a little less cool. But I'd rather get a cool combo with unacceptable anyway.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:49 am

That is, if its accepted and put into the weekly expansion
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:29 am

Here's a little thing that the Dual Conjuration discussion gave me:

Sword and Sheild! - Trait
Once per battle, you can use the following talent:

Battle Sheild - 1/Battle
When you Conjure a weapon, you can Conjure a Battle Shield in addition to you weapon. You gain the following:

Reactive Shielding - Trait
Gain 1 Resist. Whenever you use a (-) PiP move from your Conjured Weapon, this Resist increases to the cost of the move.

(+1) Total Defense - Stanard Utilty
You are removed from combat until the begining of your next turn.

(+1) Recover Breath - Minor Utilty
You gain 1 health.

(-2) Block - Interupt
Trigger: You would take damage
Effect: Half the damage you take
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:31 am

Would this shield disappear at the same time as the conjured weapon?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:36 am

I hadn't thought of that... Tempted to say yes, as currentky its more of an addition to the conjured weapon, not a weapon in its own right.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:17 pm

Are you serious? That shield is hilariously broken.

- Recover Breath grants you +1 pip for a minor for virtually any weapon, effectively +1pips per turn. Hurricane blade's minor used to have a similar [+] minor, and that was nerfed. Just take a look at the "Blood Weapon" and its minor for comparison.
- You can pretty much combo Recover Breath with Total defense to gain +2 pips whilst being invulnerable AND healing. And you can repeat it infinitely until you have as many pips as you want or until you are healed to full.
- Reactive shielding/the shield as a whole, combined with the blood weapon (particularly eviscerate): Summon the blood blade, summon the shield, use Recover Breath+Total Defense to heal and get a load of pips (and rather than losing 5 hp for extra pips, you now gain health for the same amount), use eviscerate once to get +5 resist (eviscerate doesn't make either weapon vanish), and you can pretty much kill whatever you want (assuming you don't get dazed/stunned).

As for the vanishing thing, I think it more or less has to - if you have the shield up as the only conjuration weapon, then you still don't have your other normal combat talents (so you'd have no way of attacking), so you gotta dismiss it to do anything. Alternately, if that rule didn't apply, you'd get a [+] minor in addition to your usual combat talents, which is broken.

Last edited by Zarhon on Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:25 pm

Zarhon wrote:Are you serious? That shield is hilariously broken.

- Recover Breath gets +1 pip for a minor for virtually any weapon. Hurricane blade's minor used to have a similar [+] minor, and that was nerfed. Just take a look at the "Blood Weapon" and its minor for comparison.
- You can pretty much combo Recover Breath with Total defense to gain +2 pips with nothing to harm or otherwise stop you, whilst healing. And then repeat it infinitely until you have as many pips as you want or until you are healed to full.
- Reactive shielding/the shield, combined with the blood weapon.
1. I made this in 5-10 minutes, on my phone. So its not going to be perfect. But it is not 'hilariously broken'.
2. Yeah, and Flash-Step was 2 damage. This is heal 1. Small, but significant difference. I'm not going to compare it to Blood Weapon, as its a talent, not a trait.
3. Okay, I should have Total Defense require your minor actions as well. Problem solved.
4. Not exactly a good explanation of why the shield is supposedly 'hilariously broken'.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:33 pm

2. Yeah, and Flash-Step was 2 damage. This is heal 1. Small, but significant difference. I'm not going to compare it to Blood Weapon, as its a talent, not a trait.
It's not about the effect, its the fact you get +1 pips a turn for a minor action. Minors aren't supposed to do that without a drawback, otherwise everyone would take them (because why wouldn't you want extra pips for a minor? It's pretty much extra pip profit, and everyone needs pips).

By comparisons to Blood Weapon, I was referring to this talent, which you get when you summon it:

[+1] Douse in Blood  - Minor Utility
You lose 5 hp.

So you lose hp in exchange for extra pips without spending a whole turn, a drawback for a benefit. The shield's Recover Breath gives you hp for a pip, a benefit for another benefit. It would need to be a [-] pip talent at the very least (or extremely, a [0], but then you might as well just call it regeneration 1) to be balanced.

4. Not exactly a good explanation of why the shield is supposedly 'hilariously broken'.
Edited an explanation into the previous post.

3. Okay, I should have Total Defense require your minor actions as well. Problem solved.
Yeah, that sounds ok.

Last edited by Zarhon on Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:45 pm

Zarhon wrote:By comparisons to Blood Weapon, I was referring to this talent, which you get when you summon it:

[+1] Douse in Blood  - Minor Utility
You lose 5 hp
Blood Weapon is a Conjured weapon that you pay 10 health to summon and focuses of being bloodied, (kinda)

My Shield is a Trait that only activates when you summon a Conjured Weapon.

HUGE difference

Zarhon wrote:Edited that into the previous post.
That only applies to an non-tweaked version, where you can't combine Total Defence with Gather Breath.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:05 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Here's a little thing that the Dual Conjuration discussion gave me:

Sword and Sheild! - Trait
Once per battle, you can use the following talent:

Battle Sheild - 1/Battle
When you Conjure a weapon, you can Conjure a Battle Shield in addition to you weapon. You gain the following:

Reactive Shielding - Trait
Gain 1 Resist. Whenever you use a (-) PiP move from your Conjured Weapon, this Resist increases to the cost of the move.

(+1) Total Defense - Stanard Utilty
You are removed from combat until the begining of your next turn.

(+1) Recover Breath - Minor Utilty
You gain 1 health.

(-2) Block - Interupt
Trigger: You would take damage
Effect: Half the damage you take
While this Trait in and of itself... Isn't that great and is quite broken (it's questionable how broken, but it's no way balanced). But the concept of there being Conjure Weapon Traits that add minor additional effects while using the Weapon Talent... Seems really awesome. But I believe the only way to possilbity balance such traits... Would be to limit them to only work in paring with only one Weapon Talent. I'm going to totally make a topic to detail my thoughts on this interesting idea.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next