Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun Sets

+4
deonte9109
A1C Bronymous
Cardbo
RavenscroftRaven
8 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Sun Sets - Page 18 Empty Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:31 pm

"I won't stop you, but I'll have no part. If he wanted to tell us something, he should've done when he was still alive. I'm fairly certain he was still alive when we entered the house."

Storm turns to leave and is gone.
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:18 pm

Koli takes control of the spell, not paying attention to anyone else, and her horn flares to life as she links with Gearick. There is a flash of light, and a swirl of wind. The light dims into a visible orb, and that orb then begins to take shape, falling into Figure Head's body. Another brief flash, and the body awakens, rising ethereally to its hooves. It gasps as it's lings take in air again, and then sputters an exhale. Finally, Figure Head's eyes open, and lock onto the group still remaining in the room. "Oh, my, that's certainly unpleasant. What happened, I seem to have blacked out."

Gearick feels his magic being drained, and Koli echoes that feeling by saying "We only have a few minutes, if you want to ask any questions." Figure Head looks at her quizzically. "Oh, what is that? What a strange little creature. What did she mean by 'a few minutes'?"

Storm left the room, does he go investigate anything else?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:29 pm

"You didn't black out. You died." Gearick said bluntly, hoping that Figurehead would not freak out at all. "The pegasus, Storm. Believes you where attempting to make a cure for the Blue Moon poison. Which has currently infected the entire town. What where you doing to cause an explosion, and as your dead and we are in a desperate situation, can we have a way to solve the chest puzzle on the ground floor? Any resources would be useful right about now."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:56 pm

Storm left the room, does he go investigate anything else?
Storm goes back the way he comes and sees what else he can explore.

OOC:Can I see an updated map?
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:18 pm

Dodger just bites his lip, trying not to say anything he shouldn't. Figurehead obviously has a lot to process with Gearick's questions, so the best he can do at this moment is calm the ghostly pony in case things get... well, less than pleasant.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:42 pm

Kanen takes a step back.
"All right I cut your mouth open so can you explain what's going on here and why you was scaring me beyond all reason?"
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:34 pm

Starting from the stairway, as if he were just coming up from the first floor, Storm heads left and checks the first room on his left.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:01 am

Gearick, Dodger:
Figure Head gapes at Gearick's words. ">>>Wha... what do you mean dead? I'm not dead, I'm standing here talking to you. Look, I can..." he stands there, looking as if he's trying to do something to prove he's not dead. "Why can't I move... what do you mean dead?" Koli responds, still funneling magic into the spell. "You ponies have no concept of the way death works. I've coalesced your dissapating life force, focusing it into a a consciousness, and funneled it back into your body to use as a medium to communicate with you. Or something like that. We don't have a lot of time, so maybe answer the questions before you die for good." Figure Head gapes at her words as well, and then looks back to Dodger and Gearick, expecting some other response.

Kanen:
The mannequiin's mouth doesn't move, but very clear words come out of it. "You are wooded, but speak the language of worldbuilders, and use their magic. Curious. I am Ravenous, a shadebound. I have been trapped for many years, and am now free to feed, as soon as your harmony breaks."

Storm:
The door opens into a fairly well furnished Master bedroom. The bed is somewhat small, though, only large enough for a single pony, and with very sparse sheets. There is a large bay window that opens out to a balcony. It looks over the northeast plaza, the Library and Clinic easily visible. Inside the room is a hearth with an ornate saber hanging over it, and a picture of a Pegasus in an old military uniform. Next to it is a strangely decorated table, covered in strange runic symbols, and there are a few shelves next to it with jars and plates of various substances and items- anything from insectoid pincers, to sawdust, to cobwebs.

Gearick and Dodger, roll persuasion if you try and convince him or ask him anything. Kanen, you've got 4 minutes before he devours your soul and everything attached. Storm, perception if you want more details about the room.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:22 am

Bronymous wrote:

Storm:
The door opens into a fairly well furnished Master bedroom. The bed is somewhat small, though, only large enough for a single pony, and with very sparse sheets. There is a large bay window that opens out to a balcony. It looks over the northeast plaza, the Library and Clinic easily visible. Inside the room is a hearth with an ornate saber hanging over it, and a picture of a Pegasus in an old military uniform. Next to it is a strangely decorated table, covered in strange runic symbols, and there are a few shelves next to it with jars and plates of various substances and items- anything from insectoid pincers, to sawdust, to cobwebs.

OOC:Perception on the room
Roll(1d20)+7:
10,+7
Total:17

OOC:Heal check on the jars with the shelves. Do they medicinal? Are they arcane regeants? What are their common uses? Using Freaky Knowledge of labwork and potions. Labwork because they maybe used in the creation of potions, which would require a lab. Potions is self-explainatory.
Roll(1d20)+20:
18,+20
Total:38
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:38 am

Kanen could feel the blood rushing from his face.
"Well uh Ravenous, my short time with the worldbuilders as you put it has seemed to alter my communication abilities and as far as I know the "magic" I had used on you was a skill passed down through my people but I'll worry about later. Before we do anything else though, could you release whatever is going on with the door? I would like to check on my acquaintances."
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:48 am

"First of all, my apologies for my somewhat brusque companion," said Dodger. "I realize that mortality is not a particularly good conversation starter. Now then, it looks as though you were working on something here, which I'm going to guess is a cure for the Blue Moon plague, but something went awry. Might I be so bold as to ask what?"
---
Persuasion: What caused the explosion?
1d20 (Cool + 10 = 18
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:01 pm

Gearick fell silent. He wasn't much of a talker, not very good at convincing people to share the information he wanted or other things. So he allowed someone else better at talking do it, hopefully they would be able to get some answers.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:21 pm

Dodger, Gearick:
"I... don't... anitdote, yes. I was looking for the antidote for the poison. You're one of the group that was looking for it, I remember. The day after I spoke to the Pegasus, the patients progressed to another stage. Zombie-like, dangerous, but not malevolent. I came back and put together an antidote to test it, and it didn't work. Whatever this is isn't regular Blue Moon Poison, it's altered somehow. I came back here to try to synthesize another cure. I tried adding a few different ingredients based on the reaction and blood tests- the results suggest some kind of metallic ingredient. I tried rust powder, steel shavings, liquid iron and steel, none worked. The last thing I tried was some oxidized carbon and phosphates. Then..."

Storm:
The stuff on the shelves look more like voodoo and alchemical ingredients, rather than truly chemical or medicinal. There is enough present to mix any number of magical potions, with the correct instructions. Nearby, opening a few boxes reveals much more of the same or similar ingredients, and a small notepad labeled "recipes"- a,few of these you've already heard of, or could postulate with some experimentation- including stamina boosts, immunity potions, camouflage, adrenal and physical stimulants, etc. Other recipes in the back seem to be more impressive, or ambitious, as some of them remain unfinished. First and foremost of these is labeled "RISING FORCE", and has only "cloud" listed under it.
That seems to be the most interesting thing in the room, other than the saber, which seems unnaturally shiny.

Kanen:
"No."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:02 pm

Dodger had no idea what half of those words meant but he kept them in mind for Storm, who probably would.

"Once we can find our doctor he can finish your work," said Dodger. "I have no doubt that you were onto something with your experiments. On another topic, though - we took refuge from the zombies in your abode and, while looking around it, found a room with several chests. We believe there might be something in them that can help us, whether it be through manufacturing a cure or some other way to stop the zombies. Do you know anything about that room that could help us open the chests?"

Persuasion - What's up with that chest puzzle?
1d20 (13) + 10 = 23
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:59 pm

"Oh the chests... yes, well the chests were sort of a pet vanity project. You see, I've read stories of ancient wizards who lived so long and accumulated so much wealth and knowledge, that their "possessions' held no value for them any more. So they would allow others to steal from them, no repercussions- as long as they could solve the puzzles and traps required to reach those possessions. Had I... lived long enough, I would have wanted that same reputation, having treasures for the taking, and the chest puzzle was sort of the first stage of that." Koli sparks, and Gearick feels his magic supply starting to dwindle. "but right now it has no reward, except another puzzle- the puzzle to open the void window. I haven't even solved that yet, but all the tools are there. I guess I won't be around to see what its all about. BUt it would be fantastic for you all, since you would then own the house."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:51 am

"Well maybe we can come to some sort of deal in exchange for my freedom from this place?"
Persuasion:
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:36 pm

"I doubt there's anything you could offer me that I can't take for myself, after you've been ingested."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:41 pm

"And what, if I may be so bold as to ask, IS a Void Window?" asked Dodger. "What does it do?"
---
Persuasion: Void Window? WTF?
1d20 ( 8 ) + 10 = 18
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:32 pm

Bronymous wrote:

Storm:
The stuff on the shelves look more like voodoo and alchemical ingredients, rather than truly chemical or medicinal. There is enough present to mix any number of magical potions, with the correct instructions. Nearby, opening a few boxes reveals much more of the same or similar ingredients, and a small notepad labeled "recipes"- a,few of these you've already heard of, or could postulate with some experimentation- including stamina boosts, immunity potions, camouflage, adrenal and physical stimulants, etc. Other recipes in the back seem to be more impressive, or ambitious, as some of them remain unfinished. First and foremost of these is labeled "RISING FORCE", and has only "cloud" listed under it.
That seems to be the most interesting thing in the room, other than the saber, which seems unnaturally shiny.
Storm leaves the ingredients where they are and takes the recipes. He goes by the bay windows and sees if he can see anything unusual about the clinic from here.

OOC: Perception check.
Roll(1d20)+7:
17,+7
Total:24
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:03 pm

"Well I guess before we return to what we was doing before, could you at least tell me what was that armor I took down>"
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:54 am

Dodger, Gearick:
"It's complicated. Well, the Void is complicated. The Void Window is just a way to access it, kind of like a portal. Very complex magic, and me being an Earth Pony, it's been very difficult without being able to actually cast any spells to experiment. All I've got is the key, and the passphrase- which is where the 12 chests come in. Theeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyy......" Figure Head's voice slurs and fades, the magic keeping him in his body reaching it's limit.
(Gearick, Endurance to keep it active for a bit longer. +2 for assist from Koli).

Storm (is a clever Pony):
The clinic building looks normal, but the area around it looks like a demilitarized zone. Barricades and magical shields have been erected, seemingly in a last ditch attempt to keep the poisoned patients contained- though clearly, it hasn't been entirely effective. He can't quite count from where he is, but Storm can see that there are quite a few patients wandering around in the space between the barricades and the clinic itself, and quite a few other ponies amassed around the outside of the translucent dome shield He can spy what looks liek a team of unicorns all working to keep the shield active, and pegasi patrolling the sky. The situation is apparently reaching a boiling point.

Kanen:
"I don't know. It was partially used to keep me immobile, but does not have the same effect on you. You would need to ask the one who crafted it."
(Need a good Arcana check to determine what the armor does.)
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:25 am

'Not yet' Gearick thought to himself, channeling as much magic as he could into Koli, trying to keep the spell going for just a few more moments, so Figurehead can finish what he was saying. With the situation as crazy as it was, any information could be important, if not vital to solving the crisis.

Spoiler:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:01 am

"Not good." Storm says, mostly to himself. He turns around and examines the saber.

History check: On the saber. Has Storm read about or know anything about this particular saber?
Roll(1d20)+7:
14,+7
Total:21

Arcane: Though Storm probably can't sense any magic except his own internal supply, is there anything about the craftmanship of the blade that would indicate its magical in nature?
Roll(1d20)+7:
16,+7
Total:23

Perception: Anything else unusual or noteworthy about the blade's design?
Roll(1d20)+7:
13,+7
Total:20

Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:52 am

"Well if im going to be eaten by some haeksenn abomination I guess I might as well cover myself."
Kanen returns the armor he threw earlier and redresses it on his body.
"Other than me, what exactly do you eat?"
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:36 pm

Gearick, Dodger:
You feel yourself go lightheaded, your vision blurs, and all you can hear is a high pitched ringing in your ears. However, you manage to draw out a little more magic, funneled through Koli and into Figure Head. "....eeey contain a clue to opening the Window, when put in the right order. The puzzle of the chests was that they had to be solved in the correct order, or else the clue would be a guessing game- not to mention the traps. Unfortunately I never got around to putting out a clue to the order, so at thiiiis point its ju- a gaaamb-... Buuut siince I- -ot goiiing to be aro- an-more, Iiii can give you the -nswer. The chesss-s go one to six on -e top ro-, seeeeeven to twe- on bott-m. Th- ord-r is seven, elev-, fo-, fiiiii-, -en, -ne, two, siiix, niii-, tw-lve, threee, eig- AAAAAAaaaaaand yoouuuuu h- -o u-e aaaaaaa m-r-r..." Figure Head appears to stop talking here, before one last thing is heard. "myyyyy h-ssse is yooo- nnnnnnn-w, taa- c-rre ooof iii-..." His voice trails off one last time, and Gearick's magic is spent. Koli nearly collapses off of his horn, and Figure Head's body slides back down to the floor, immobile.

Storm:
The saber appears to be the same worn by the pony in the painting- at least, the hilts match. He doesn't know who the pony is off the top of his head, nor about any famous magical saber wielders in recent history. The saber itself seems to definitely be magic, though. He can't be sure what kind, but it is definitely shimmering by itself, indicating, at the very least, that it has been enchanted to do so.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next