Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Errata Suggestion/Discussion Thread (changes you'd like to see made)

+27
Copper Rose
AProcrastinatingWriter
Lapis-Lazily
Mind Gamer
Demonu
Pingcode
LoganAura
conantheghost
Dusk Raven
Cardbo
Quietkal
sunbeam
Kindulas
tygerburningbright
Fury of the Tempest
Hayatecooper
thematthew
A1C Bronymous
SparkImpulse
Xel Unknown
Philadelphus
Ramsus
Zarhon
kajisora
ZamuelNow
Paper Shadow
Stairc -Dan Felder
31 posters

Page 26 of 44 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 35 ... 44  Next

Go down

Official Errata Suggestion/Discussion Thread (changes you'd like to see made) - Page 26 Empty Re: Official Errata Suggestion/Discussion Thread (changes you'd like to see made)

Post  Kindulas Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:02 pm

Strictly alphabetical would be problematic, but breaking it into categories first might work. "Actions, status keywords, rules clarifications" kind of thing.
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Official Errata Suggestion/Discussion Thread (changes you'd like to see made) - Page 26 Empty Re: Official Errata Suggestion/Discussion Thread (changes you'd like to see made)

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:24 pm

Could we get Scent Tracker lowered down to 1 point or increase the range of things it's able to do? (Or at least not make its bonus cease to apply due to water and such things since, irl that actually doesn't stop plenty of things that track by smell, for example, certain snakes. I could see the bonus dropping in those conditions but, it's weird that it drops from +15 to 0.)
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:35 pm

Ramsus wrote:Could we get Scent Tracker lowered down to 1 point or increase the range of things it's able to do? (Or at least not make its bonus cease to apply due to water and such things since, irl that actually doesn't stop plenty of things that track by smell, for example, certain snakes. I could see the bonus dropping in those conditions but, it's weird that it drops from +15 to 0.)
I agree with this - as it is, it's a bit specific in its use, needing an item/object to track with, and otherwise not counting for non-tracking / smell related skill checks...). It's also not clear what this tracking actually uses - Perception? Streetwise? Flat Horse Sense?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:47 pm

Clearly you track with Acrobatics. (Seriously, I just assume Perception or Streetwise would be used for all forms of tracking and thus, this would be one of those. Probably your choice.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:12 pm

Ramsus wrote:Clearly you track with Acrobatics.
"He's getting away!"
"Which way did he go, Spider-Man?"
"Hmmm...I'll do a backflip!"

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:25 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:"He's getting away!"
"Which way did he go, Spider-Man?"
"Hmmm...I'll do a backflip!"

Spoiler:
Yes. Yes it was.

Acrobatics alternate: "I spin around in a pirouette, letting my nose guide me like a compass!"

History: "What, didn't you ever hear the phrase 'the nose knows?'"
Arcana: "My magic nose will lead us!"

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:37 pm

Stealth: "The shadow nose."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:41 pm

Ramsus wrote:Stealth: "The shadow nose."
Okay, you win.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:51 pm

Persuasion: "Obey the Nose!"
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:54 pm

I'd think Stealth would be, "Hiding from ignorance of our quarry's location."

But hey, Logan tried to stealth from a lavaflow once, so that's almost reasonable.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:00 am

Aside from the humor, any thoughts on the original on topic comment?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:02 am

I've been thinking Scent Tracker is far too situational for a 2. Possibly we could drop it to 1, but it could also add a +5 to perception checks involving smells... though the two combined might still be situational enough for a (1)
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:26 am

Smelling in general is still really situation, I think it'd be fine a +10 to checks involving smelling at 1 myself. (I'm basing this off of comparable utility of Spider Climb. It's a little bit less narrow at smelling but, probably going to be used a bit less in general.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:50 am

Hm, would a +10 to smelling also mean you get a bonus to persuasion checks for not smelling terrible? Smile
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:33 am

Uh...... obviously it needs to be worded to mean your ability to smell things, not how you are smelled by others. That would be an entirely different (and really bizarre) trait with it's own (probably bizarre) mechanics.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:21 pm

Ramsus wrote:Uh...... obviously it needs to be worded to mean your ability to smell things, not how you are smelled by others. That would be an entirely different (and really bizarre) trait with it's own (probably bizarre) mechanics.
Hmmm... That gives me an idea for a racial/utility...

Pheromones:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:59 pm

Hmmm, Raging could be improved by them not defaulting to attack you or by having the ability to delay the effects. I don't think Nightmare really needs to give them a bonus to Brawn and Precision. I think the ability as a whole should be able to be taken multiple times to get different pheromone types and giving you another daily use when you do.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:12 pm

Kindulas wrote:
Xel Unknown wrote:I was thinking about skill checks today. And maybe we should have terms for the different types of skill checks, and to help avoid problems like the ones that had appeared for Miracle Worker's 3 nat-20s and Dragon Disciple's +10 to Knowledge thing....

Normal Skill Check - Any and all skill checks to use one's skills without the need of an Utility Talent to make such a skill check.

Utility Skill Check - A skill check that is able to be done because of the use of a Utility Talent, Racial, Destiny Feature, ect. (IE: Magecraft and Weather-Crafting.)
What exactly would this accomplish? Sounds more confusing to me at least, like there's supposed to be a big mechanical difference other than one happens to prompted through a utility talent - but inherently all such kinds of checks are your character's application of a particular skill.
Yeah, I know it's not ideal, just the idea behind this change was mostly to help in improving the Miracle Worker's level 4 feature to stop being so narrow but allowing it to not still be used by Weather Crafting which last I checked was the very reason Miracle Worker's 3 nat-20s are limited so much. Which I'd always aruge that the fact that Mircal Worker can only work on three limited heal check types it forces the GM to /need/ to make a lot of poisons, curses and/or diseases in order to make having that level four feature even feel like it's doing something useful.

Also was intended to help aid in the fixing of the Dragon Disciple desinty as well... becuase I recall hearing that it's +10 to Knowalge was worried to only be used for Magecraft. Which is also something that makes me question that logic given that you guys build the Protagonist Desnity that basically does that but even better cuase it's a daily free magic point to one's own skill checks. So yeah...

Also I'd find that both Weather Crafter and Magecraft are built to be a HUGE mechanical difference between them and doing any other type of skill check. So I figure this type of change could help in making people think of making more types of Utilties that allow usage of skills in different and new fun ways.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:36 pm

We're considering making it clear that solid heal checks over the course of 5 minutes (we'll specify DCs) can get you healed back to full HP - similar to the short rest that lets you spend healing surges in 4th Edition. Potentially solves the issue of people wanting a clear use for heal checks when it comes to healing damage, makes heal checks more important and means players don't necessarily have to wait a full hour after fighting to heal back up. After all, a DM that wants to keep the pressure on the players for successive fights could still just make sure they don't get a 5 minute rest (not too difficult).
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:55 pm

Is Contagious Curse supposed to be classified as an attack? Because it seems like it shouldn't be, and...

...it is.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:16 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Is Contagious Curse supposed to be classified as an attack? Because it seems like it shouldn't be, and...

...it is.
Well, it's an offensive move, most are attack. it isn't just strictly damage dealing stuff anymore. Might still be instances where something should or should not be an attack, but I think this is fine as one.
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:51 pm

What about the [-7] domination "attack"? The other domination-inflicting abilities are utilities.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:45 pm

Right. Once upon a time status effect things that didn't do damage weren't labeled attacks. I found that odd, so in later expansions started labeling more things as "Attacks" largely on flavor ques. I think it used to be that way because it made damage bonuses clearer, or that was the idea, but that isn't important with the way they're described now. However, I didn't go back and change everything, so a lot of stuff is just kind of the way it was.
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:06 am

Just to point out, due to its status as an attack, you can actually use Boomstick to simultaneously dominate all creatures adjacent to the target. Combined with Hookshot to make all enemies in the battle adjacent to one...
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:09 am

Philadelphus wrote:Just to point out, due to its status as an attack, you can actually use Boomstick to simultaneously dominate all creatures adjacent to the target. Combined with Hookshot to make all enemies in the battle adjacent to one...
The balance on boomstick is weird, because it's supposed to just give you one action, but if you target two extra people with an ult... it's probably part of the old logic behind bursts
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 44 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 35 ... 44  Next