Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

+15
Stairc -Dan Felder
Drago765
Sefton
Mind Gamer
Clockeye
tygerburningbright
Fury of the Tempest
Xel Unknown
Doc pseudopolis
Zarhon
sunbeam
ValorlordV5
Paper Shadow
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
19 posters

Page 22 of 41 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 41  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 22 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

Post  kingofsouls Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:57 am

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Hmmm.. a nice character, Buffaloo, don't see that nice. Seems to focus on spirits which is pretty neat and...

... Oh... a summoner.

Healer/summoner, but nonetheless... a summoner...

Well, its your choice. Its perfectly possible to have two summoners.
I think i'll stick with a summoner.

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 22 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:06 am

Like I said, its your choice.

Going to be interesting to compare summoning styles.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:35 am

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:04 am

It's looking good, but I noticed that you gain your Expert Skill as a utility talent, which isn't possible. However, since you've used the base Buffalo racial traits, here's a workaround which will work for fundamentally won't change your character (or, alternatively, your GM allows it as it is since this workaround is possible):
- Replace Thundering Hooves with the Expert Skill racial (it's in the Genetic Engineering document, and both racial traits cost 2 points so swapping them is simple)...
- Take Yee-Haw normally with your fifth utility talent slot...

Also, I've noticed you've opted out of taking Rabbit-Filled Hat, which is a very common trinket among summoner builds. Just curious why you decided against it...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:18 am

Paper Shadow wrote:
It's looking good, but I noticed that you gain your Expert Skill as a utility talent, which isn't possible. However, since you've used the base Buffalo racial traits, here's a workaround which will work for fundamentally won't change your character (or, alternatively, your GM allows it as it is since this workaround is possible):
- Replace Thundering Hooves with the Expert Skill racial (it's in the Genetic Engineering document, and both racial traits cost 2 points so swapping them is simple)...
- Take Yee-Haw normally with your fifth utility talent slot...

Also, I've noticed you've opted out of taking Rabbit-Filled Hat, which is a very common trinket among summoner builds. Just curious why you decided against it...
I thought expert skill was a utility talent. I'll work on it again tomorrow. Need sleep.

And I did think about taking the rabbit but I though I should take it or spark, not both. Though if I plan on not taking g any skills thAt let me kill off my cojuraions...I might take rabbit instead of spark. I'm a noob with this system so pardon me. somehow I missed that. Noob powers at work! Lol

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:42 pm

Thanks Paper Shadow. I was thinking he took Pick of the Litter to get the Expert Skill but that's not possible since Pick only grants one point. A bit of a derp moment there. The suggested swaps are fine.

I had no problems with using a PDF, merely that it's different since most of us use the Google Docs character sheet template.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:09 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:Thanks Paper Shadow.  I was thinking he took Pick of the Litter to get the Expert Skill but that's not possible since Pick only grants one point.  A bit of a derp moment there.  The suggested swaps are fine.

I had no problems with using a PDF, merely that it's different since most of us use the Google Docs character sheet template.
My sheet is actually an experiment on a different sheet to use, though the Google docs idea is sounding blood right about now

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:19 pm

... Sounding Blood?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:49 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:(What colour is Muse again?)
Her feathers and fur are snow white while her eyes are pink.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:28 pm

So only her eyes have colour...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:43 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:... Sounding Blood?
This is what happens when you type on a Kindle! Longol

I swear if I messed this up again, I give you all explicit permision to find and punch my face in the face.

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:44 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:So only her eyes have colour...
If her eyes turned grey, then white is considered a color under the circumstances, because loss of color=grey, not white.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:05 pm

Maybe grey is just the default to what has colour, while white & black aren't effected because they aren't colours...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:31 pm

Seems like all needed from here is for Stout Spirit, in character, to answer the question from the previous page.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:46 pm

We also either need some way of dropping him into the cavern or some other way of introducing him to the story.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:01 am

sunbeam wrote:We also either need some way of dropping him into the cavern or some other way of introducing him to the story.
I have Teleportation, Spectral steeds, and Phase Step. So getting there might not be a problem. As for the answer to the question:

Stout Spirit gazed at the stallion, Turquoise Tree at his side. "Several reasons. The first is that I feel that we bring the lessons our ancestors learned back into the present. As a shaman it is my duty to commune with the past and gift it to the people of the present. As my teacher told me when I was learning my shamanic powers, those who fail to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it."
"That explains so much actually" Turquoise Tree snarked. Stout Spirit simple shook his head.
"The second reason is that the spirits of the Old Times call me friend and master: My best friend is the spirit you see before you. "
The deer spirit nods "I am Turquoise Tree. A pleasure making your acquaintance
Stout Spirit continues. "My shamanic training has allowed me to call more spirits to aid me. I assure you, the spirits of the Old Times like me, and are quite friendly and willing to assist me with but a word."
"The third is personal: I am on a quest for my tribe. It is of great importance to my tribe that I find it someday. Perhaps an extra set of hooves might help me stumble upon my goal."
"Is that all you needed?" Stout Spirit politely asks.

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:16 pm

Unflinching in his melancholy, the interviewer asked an additional question.  "You said you are searching for something but did not say what 'it' is.  What are you searching for?

kingofsouls wrote:
sunbeam wrote:We also either need some way of dropping him into the cavern or some other way of introducing him to the story.
I have Teleportation, Spectral steeds, and Phase Step. So getting there might not be a problem.
Well, they're currently at the bottom of the Pacifilly Ocean in uncharted waters.  I figure it would take too long to get down there without drowning/getting crushed by ocean pressure.  Here's my thoughts on the possibilities:

• The above mentioned phasing and such but handwaving the problems.
  • You were sent ahead of the group and got trapped when the island sank.  A little callous for you to be essentially left for dead without telling anyone.
  • Using the Keeps intercontinental teleport system.  Brisk Iron would never authorize teleporting to somewhere off the grid and there would be...discussion...if this was done without authorization.
  • Cheerilee Derp He was there the whole time! Retcon to say he dived with the team and simply hasn't been that talkative the past few minutes.
  • Other?

Also, there's some typos on Stout Spirit's character sheet.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:09 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:Unflinching in his melancholy, the interviewer asked an additional question.  "You said you are searching for something but did not say what 'it' is.  What are you searching for?
Stout Spirit looks at Turquoise Tree. He nods, Stout Spirit continues. "We're....not exactly sure what it is. According to our legends, a relic of great importance was lost. My tribe have forgotten what the relic is, and whether it has special powers or not."
"Stout Spirit has been communing with the great spirits of the past for information about it for many months to gain an understanding of our goal. Yet we have gained little knowledge that would be useful. They have all said little save for "You will know it when you see it." They are either unable to tell us, or unwilling to.

kingofsouls wrote:
I have Teleportation, Spectral steeds, and Phase Step. So getting there might not be a problem.
Well, they're currently at the bottom of the Pacifilly Ocean in uncharted waters.  I figure it would take too long to get down there without drowning/getting crushed by ocean pressure.  Here's my thoughts on the possibilities:

• The above mentioned phasing and such but handwaving the problems.
  • You were sent ahead of the group and got trapped when the island sank.  A little callous for you to be essentially left for dead without telling anyone.
  • Using the Keeps intercontinental teleport system.  Brisk Iron would never authorize teleporting to somewhere off the grid and there would be...discussion...if this was done without authorization.
  • Cheerilee Derp He was there the whole time! Retcon to say he dived with the team and simply hasn't been that talkative the past few minutes.
  • Other?

Also, there's some typos on Stout Spirit's character sheet.[/quote]
1) Lets say the Spirits of the Old Times gave me a buff that let me do that.
2) I have no idea why you are on an island or why it sank.
3) That sounds nice, we have a teleporter system. Lets say a Spirit hijacked it and sent me to the team.
4) Spiritual mind wipe and memory manipulation. Remember, like lightning Spirits can do anything lol!

And seriously more typos!???!?!?!? What did i mess up this time!

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:09 pm

If using Courier New for your font, you may want a different color for it to help distinguish from the Narrator, even if just opting to use pure black instead of the forum's dark grey.  Turquoise Tree probably needs a slightly darker font so it's more readable.  Your character is otherwise accepted and we're just fine tuning from here. Speaking of which, what color are the bands on his forelegs?

kingofsouls wrote:And seriously more typos!???!?!?!? What did i mess up this time!
"Original" and "Spectral Steeds" were misspelled.  Technically, "zeppelin" is also misspelled but it's part of a custom boon for this campaign named "Mode of Transportation" and using the option "Wondrous Balloon". Saw these on the first draft and this is more nitpicky fine tuning here since I wanted to make sure you finalized your choices.

3) That sounds nice, we have a teleporter system. Lets say a Spirit hijacked it and sent me to the team.
4) Spiritual mind wipe and memory manipulation. Remember, like lightning Spirits can do anything lol!
Gonna have to decide on one though there's two things to note.  First, the spirits will have limits.  It would be a generalize consensus that he was just that as opposed to a mind wipe.  Second, the reasoning for being on the island is kinda important.  I'd suggest reading the thread though a very small primer may be given on details.  As far as the options themselves, traveling via buffed spirit powers or the plot simply saying you were there with the group are the least problematic.

Also, be expecting a PM shortly about some side questions about your character.  More of adding depth and such to things that wouldn't show up on the sheet.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:13 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:If using Courier New for your font, you may want a different color for it to help distinguish from the Narrator, even if just opting to use pure black instead of the forum's dark grey.  Turquoise Tree probably needs a slightly darker font so it's more readable.  Your character is otherwise accepted and we're just fine tuning from here.  Speaking of which, what color are the bands on his forelegs?

kingofsouls wrote:And seriously more typos!???!?!?!? What did i mess up this time!
"Original" and "Spectral Steeds" were misspelled.  Technically, "zeppelin" is also misspelled but it's part of a custom boon for this campaign named "Mode of Transportation" and using the option "Wondrous Balloon".  Saw these on the first draft and this is more nitpicky fine tuning here since I wanted to make sure you finalized your choices.

Gonna have to decide on one though there's two things to note.  First, the spirits will have limits.  It would be a generalize consensus that he was just that as opposed to a mind wipe.  Second, the reasoning for being on the island is kinda important.  I'd suggest reading the thread though a very small primer may be given on details.  As far as the options themselves, traveling via buffed spirit powers or the plot simply saying you were there with the group are the least problematic.

Also, be expecting a PM shortly about some side questions about your character.  More of adding depth and such to things that wouldn't show up on the sheet.
I understand. Mot of my suggestions where me trying to be funny. And I figured the island sinking would be important. I just don't know why due to me just waltzing in.

And the bands are going to be (you guessed it) turquoise. Turquoise is kinda his color.

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:05 pm

Grease is just going to go back to tinkering with equations and scribbling on his notepad while the conversation persists elsewhere.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:00 pm

Sorry for the delay in responding. Wednesday is generally my bad day for online due to my tabletop campaign and had a few other distractions other days. As far as progression, it's all up to the group on if they want to do the scan or not and if so, how they'll handle it.

For Stout Spirit, I've decided I'll have him there already and hand wave it. I'll post a recap though it'll probably have to be after work.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:29 pm

... You had to go with the worst option of introducing a new character, didn't you?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:42 pm

The second and third options have some story fallout. Plus, I was open to response but no one spoke up. Still need to get him caught up no matter which option is used.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:20 pm

Yeah, sorry I should of spoke up.

Still, there was 4-options... Having him there already was no. 4. Can't u do no. 1?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 41 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 41  Next