Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

+15
Stairc -Dan Felder
Drago765
Sefton
Mind Gamer
Clockeye
tygerburningbright
Fury of the Tempest
Xel Unknown
Doc pseudopolis
Zarhon
sunbeam
ValorlordV5
Paper Shadow
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
19 posters

Page 23 of 41 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 41  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 23 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

Post  kingofsouls Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:17 pm

Ya I got nothing...No ideas are coming to me.

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 23 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:59 pm

I can do #1. I'm also brainstorming how to do it since I think there's a creative way to send him in that will be convenient for all parties. I'm curious, are his Spectral Steeds actually horses or something else?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:24 am

Damnit I knew I forgot something:the flavor!

Well I wanna say yes and say the steeds are non violent variants of windigos.

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:27 am

Quick recap:

The STOMP team was initially tasked with a two part mission.  Part one was to retrieve the Cat's Yawn from the long lost Temple of the Ninth Life.  It's a fabled horn that can hypnotize felines, and by extension griffons, to obey the user's every command.  The island's rediscovery meant the horn could fall into the wrong hands.  Part two was rescuing foreign national Princess Silver Swirl and her dragon assistant, Base, after they got captured finding the island.  After <adventure> that included meeting the princess' psychic aide, a griffon named Muse, the team discovered the leaders of the kidnappers were a male griffon and a unicorn mare who revealed some sort of ability to split body parts.  In the scuffle to rescue the princess, something was triggered that caused the island to sink.  STOMP managed to escape in time to meet the transport vessel.

Due to cryptic writing the princess read as they led her through, she's leading an expedition to dive down to the island.  Gearick discovered that part of it seems to be linked to "Spectral Degradation", a breakdown of the visual spectrum and magic itself.  Riding back out on the Keep's transport (a separate massive zeppelin from the one used by STOMP and piloted by Tensai, a zebra engineer introduced in the previous arc, they began their journey.  Events after this would not be in a filed report since they haven't returned yet.

Chief Director of the Keep is Brisk Iron, a stern pegasus mare who would have given Stout Spirit the assignment personally since coincidentally there was a diving suit for a buffalo and someone versed in ancient knowledge should be useful on this dive.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:27 am

How convenient! Okay so when do I start playing?

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:01 pm

We're already questioning you. Head over to thread and don't forget to follow it.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:58 pm

"Only if unanimous."

The answer to the Jeopardy question of if we're switching to the revamped utility system.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:01 pm

are we going to be using the new stuff?

ninja... I abstain
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:11 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:are we going to be using the new stuff?

ninja... I abstain
Abstain? As in, you don't want to swap?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:14 pm

I don't care either way.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:30 pm

Currently, I want to wait a little. Work out some of the kinks & problems with the new system.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:37 pm

moving my vote to an out right neigh.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:58 pm

Actually, one caveat. You have the option to use the new versions of Laughter and Loyalty though there's no forced requirement to do so.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:07 pm

Well then. One vote means we are not changing.

Although... what about individually?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:36 am

kingofsouls wrote:"As for the divesuit, one of your superiors, what was his name again?"

""Brisk Iron"
The first interviewer is a different pony than Brisk Iron. Brisk is a she.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:31 am

did we ever get results for those perception checks?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:04 pm

@kingofsouls: When the built in roller/Gafferbot is used, it's usually in the OOC thread due to the second post. That said, it's okay to use but many use offsite rollers.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:36 am

Understood.

Now, two things:
1) I reread Bioluminesence and forgot to state what part of Turquiose Tree glows when he uses it. Is it alright for his entire body to glow, due to him being a Spirit? I realize "His entire body" is too broad to be classified as one body part, but it makes sense character wise. If not, then his tree horns will glow.

2) IF I get this straight, either TT will die for real, or he has to banish himself to the Spirit World for a while? Can't I just retreat the way he came and make it out fine? Or is he in too deep?

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:55 am

I've sat and thought about it and I've decided that I will allow individual players to use the new Ability system for this campaign.  This comes from both raw curiosity about seeing it in action to the fact that one of the earlier stated goals of the campaign was to allow a bit of testing due to the setup.  This does come with some clauses and restrictions:

-Only this campaign, not my other one.  I'm treating it as a test case here due to the aforementioned reasons.
-It's not immediate.  I don't like doing major system changes mid arc unless absolutely needed plus I'm still waiting on both response and updates about some posts.  I've been actually waiting for the older stuff to be acknowledged before I give any new suggestions or constructive criticism. Thus in theory it'll be at least a week before a character could switch.
-Characters must feel similar to their old form rather than someone wholly different.
-If you use the new system, you have to go all in instead of using parts from both versions of the system.  I figure Gearick would be the character making the switch but he would technically be getting nerfed twice since the Element of Magic has changed and Magecraft no longer exists.  However, base Arcana would be better.  Also, I would be allowing the proposed Abilities Frozen Time and Book Forte (Yee-Haw for Precision and Knowledge respectively).

1) I reread Bioluminesence and forgot to state what part of Turquiose Tree glows when he uses it. Is it alright for his entire body to glow, due to him being a Spirit? I realize "His entire body" is too broad to be classified as one body part, but it makes sense character wise. If not, then his tree horns will glow.
Horns since the point is that it's a single part as opposed to all of you. Think of many deep sea fish.

2) IF I get this straight, either TT will die for real, or he has to banish himself to the Spirit World for a while? Can't I just retreat the way he came and make it out fine? Or is he in too deep?
Part of it is that he's in too deep but the other part is that the darkness is more or less tangible. He is literally being held back while this force is threatening him.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:28 am

House ruling is possible. In the RP that is using the new system. My character has Magical Tricks and Magecraft still.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:25 am

Damn what a choice.
I take it if TT banishes himself he's gotta stay in the spirit land's for a few hours right? Because I really don't want to think about how a spirit can die when he's already dead. Lol.

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:17 pm

It's worth pointing out that the campaign is already using some house rules.  I really want to see what base Arcana can do on its own if the outliers are removed and it's moved to the middle.  The lack of responses to the skill discussion makes trying to give constructive criticism feel like a waste of time sometimes since my typing speed is far slower than my reading speed.  For this campaign, I wanted to be upfront about the restrictions to switching to the new system rather than blindside someone.  Plus, while losing direct power through Magecraft, there's potential for more lateral power with the versatility the new system offers.

BTW, which campaign is using the new system?

tygerburningbright wrote:Roll(1d20)+10:
13,+10
Total:23
Erm, which skill is this for?  With all of his skills being even, it's hard to tell at a glance.

kingofsouls wrote:Damn what a choice.
I take it if TT banishes himself he's gotta stay in the spirit land's for a few hours right? Because I really don't want to think about how a spirit can die when he's already dead. Lol.
In fiction, the concept of soul devouring entities or spells that burn souls for fuel exist.  Being already dead, he has far less chance of dying than everyone else but there are things that'll still affect him, even if it just banishes him from the living realm temporarily.

Also...:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:06 pm

Good point. I really don't want to find out if that darkness can eat him.

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:04 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:BTW, which campaign is using the new system?
A New World
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:21 pm

Okay, so if I got this straight, we're just gonna use offsite dice rollers right and the honor system, right? Becuase I totally got a 20 using rollz.org but I have no way to prove it....

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 41 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 41  Next