Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LL - The Hordes of the Blight (why yes, we are recruiting)

+7
Fury of the Tempest
Stairc -Dan Felder
AProcrastinatingWriter
Lapis-Lazily
Caden2112
Miang
Dusk Raven
11 posters

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

LL - The Hordes of the Blight (why yes, we are recruiting) - Page 15 Empty Re: LL - The Hordes of the Blight (why yes, we are recruiting)

Post  mjh6 Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:21 pm

Someone devoted to her chosen gods (or Titans, I guess) to almost fanatical level, and wants to eradicate all that threatens them, including monsters.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

LL - The Hordes of the Blight (why yes, we are recruiting) - Page 15 Empty Re: LL - The Hordes of the Blight (why yes, we are recruiting)

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:25 pm

Interesting. The Titans are rather... shall we say... inscrutable, but they do have devotees that draw power from them. I presume you've read the short infodump about gods in the second post?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:32 pm

Yes, I read it. Actually looking over it, I think that she might instead be a devotee of Mutus with the idea of creating storms being as avoiding stagnation.

On a different note, may we use Sunbeam's criticals?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:36 pm

The ones in the "Balanced Special Moves" sheet? ...Sure, which one?

As per Mutus and storms... should work. I imagine your character's powers come from a combination of the natural electrical Gift that harpies have, enhanced by Mutus' powers of chaos.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:42 pm

Bucaneer Blaze, renamed Wild Lightning, of course.

Alright then, I'll get on the backstory. Is there anything wrong with the sheet?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:48 pm

Not that I can see.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:49 pm

Alright, so when would be a good time for me to join up?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:04 pm

Assuming you're up-to-date on the lore and the thread, you could literally swoop down on the party, roll initiative, and join the battle. I suggest group 2, as it has the most players and is the more interesting of the two fights, I think.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:30 pm

Alright then. I finished Rai's backstory, so I guess once I get up to date, I'll do just that. Thank you.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:05 pm

Sorry for the double post, but would it be possible for, when Rai shows up, she uses Weathercraft to try to blow away the fog, or would that break the combat divide?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:09 pm

Well, the primary obstacle is that it would take too long, even with Lightning-Fast Whether Crafting - a combat round is six seconds, after all. As an aside, the fog would also come back. Slowly, but it'd still come back.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:12 pm

Alright then, I won't try.

Initiative is 3, and I have spellbook, s I'll wait for APW before posting
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:55 am

Read up on the backstory you wrote, looks pretty good. I did wonder about an entire roost of harpies, but it's not impossible.

Anyway, trying to find a way to fit you into the present situation... how about Rai was a resident of the town the players are currently based out of, and one of the scouting groups sent to search for the Blight, who happens to come across a squad in need...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:02 am

Alright then. Would there be extra people coming with her that would interfere in the fight?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:29 am

There aren't many flyers in the town, so it's possible that she went out alone. Which would you prefer? I'd prefer to keep the number of NPCs down, but I can cook one up if Rai needs a scouting buddy.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:10 am

I think she would prefer to go alone. I was just wondering.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:03 pm

And a splendid first post it is. You even remembered Mutus' symbol.

Unfortunately, I left my flash drive with the fight data on it elsewhere, so I won't be able to make a reply immediately.

While I'm thinking about it, is everyone actually on-board with me trying to fix the campaign by completely changing some of the base parameters? I guess I should explain my "solution"... basically, I'm going to pull a Samurai Jack on the party, transporting them to the not-so-distant future where I actually have a setting developed, and which you can explore and do more things than just fight monsters, because that gets dull in a play-by-post campaign.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:36 am

i'm fine with that, I just got here, so it doesn't really matter. And that kind of weirdness is right up Rai's alley

So have the other players officially dropped?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:00 am

Not officially, however, Lapis hasn't been on in ages and Caden, who has been online, hasn't posted. I should PM the latter just to be sure.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:37 pm

So I'm sure this is no surprise, but Caden has officially dropped.

Meanwhile, I don't want to railroad you guys, and I probably don't have the heart to do it anyway, but I will... strongly suggest you at least regroup. I can't proceed with the "solution" until you guys are all together. Don't want someone to get left behind.

On that note, is there anyone who's happy with the way the campaign is, in its current state of mostly fighting monsters with little in the way of utility talents or RP (though I try for the latter)? I want to do a campaign which involves more, you know, exploring and non-combat, but that's going to involve radically changing the landscape of the campaign world.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:48 pm

I, obviously, am just the newcomer, and I haven't had time to get bored, but I would like to see more combat. It was one of the reasons I wanted to join
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:52 pm

Oh, you'll see combat before the solution. I have a special boss which should prove to be interesting...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:28 pm

Oh, I forgot to ask, may I switch out the vengeful talisman and upgrade to a Greater Reloader? I don't know what I was thinking before
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:59 pm

Go right ahead. ^^
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:49 pm

Crystalite wrote:Mitsuna leaned back, opening her ears and baring her soul, begging Noxa for a clearer sign...

...Are you asking me for a GM nudge? You'll happily get it.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next