Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LL - The Hordes of the Blight (why yes, we are recruiting)

+7
Fury of the Tempest
Stairc -Dan Felder
AProcrastinatingWriter
Lapis-Lazily
Caden2112
Miang
Dusk Raven
11 posters

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

LL - The Hordes of the Blight (why yes, we are recruiting) - Page 3 Empty Re: LL - The Hordes of the Blight (why yes, we are recruiting)

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:45 pm

Now we just need to think of a reason the group is traveling together... I personally suggest just being one of many groups of travelers that band together for protection against the monsters. Most likely heading to a town within a tribe's territory...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

LL - The Hordes of the Blight (why yes, we are recruiting) - Page 3 Empty Re: LL - The Hordes of the Blight (why yes, we are recruiting)

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:57 pm

But that begs the question of how we met to form that traveling group in the first place.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:00 pm

That... is true.

Hmm, should I let you all work that out?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:20 pm

Ghost Tracker would probably join up with whoever she ran into first that was friendly. So at least mine is easy and shouldn't conflict with anyone's ideas.
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:26 pm

Zakhar is kind of chill. He'd just travel with whomever is convenient and helpful for as long he considers them helpful.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:40 pm

Aparix would manage to invite himself along, but he'd also be "Stuck" inside a different city unless he found someone to leave with, e.g. you guys.

So we might start in a city, with our first destination being a different city with our...stuff in it?
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:01 pm

That's more than likely...In all fairness, my character would probably be completely lost due to using the 'brilliant' navigation strategy of "I think I want to go...THAT WAY!" So he might stick with others going the same way as him for a bit just for security in numbers and the opportunity to find some trouble to get his little self into.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:52 pm

How many more players do we need before we can start?
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:58 pm

Well, I'm working on getting another player in, but she kinda has to learn the system first, and that's taking a while. We can actually begin anytime, as we all seem to have worked out how the group is together - I'd say most likely you guys are part of (however briefly) a caravan moving from one town to another... although if you guys don't mind, I'd like to start you out already underway.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:01 pm

How do we introduce ourselves to each other, then, if we're already together and on are way? Or is this going to be a campaign without any introductions like that?
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:14 pm

Okay. Now that we have the other character's. I'm gonna go ahead and make mine. If people are okay with that....

Actually, can I have a link to the LL handbook?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:18 pm

Sounds good, I was wondering where you were, Fury.

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:How do we introduce ourselves to each other, then, if we're already together and on are way? Or is this going to be a campaign without any introductions like that?
Why must you make my life so complicated.

Okay, so maybe we start in the town. Means I gotta think up two towns, although the first one won't be hard. But let me confirm - does everyone have a reason to want to go to another town? In particular, from a well-fortified large town to a smaller border town?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:24 pm

Sorry man. If it's a problem, we can introduce each other to each other offscreen, "Before" the campaign. :/
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:31 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Sorry man. If it's a problem, we can introduce each other to each other offscreen, "Before" the campaign. :/
No, it's all right, I was just kidding. Introductions could be important, after all.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:33 pm

Can I have a link to the handbook please?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:33 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Actually, can I have a link to the LL handbook?
Totally didn't see this part, sorry, sure thing - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zElHJAPn5hMJYGG7OkYTre7ZKyhiEA3PpidvPDV9BiI/edit
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:09 pm

I have a quick question...

Your not restricted to using one type of magic, are you?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:00 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:I have a quick question...

Your not restricted to using one type of magic, are you?
It's... uncommon, but the types of magic aren't exactly mutually exclusive.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:05 pm

Good, what I have for my character's rather depends on it...

Here's the baseline. I'll work on the background and flavour tomorrow. But the important thing to note in terms of flavour is that he's a Gifted Ki-user.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:47 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Good, what I have for my character's rather depends on it...

Here's the baseline. I'll work on the background and flavour tomorrow. But the important thing to note in terms of flavour is that he's a Gifted Ki-user.
Interesting... I'll wait until the flavor is in place before passing judgement.

One thing I should note is that magical healing is kind of rare with this magic system... although it's doable with Ki and Blood magic, it's hard for Gift magic to heal things - it takes a lot of anatomical knowledge to do things right, as they have to pretty much reconstruct the damaged tissue themselves. For whatever reason, I like mundane methods of healing, and magic can only get you so far.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:53 pm

Well, he isn't a healer outright... and out of combat, he'll be using a combination of his magic and his knowledge/mundane means.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:59 pm

*nods* Just wanted to throw that out there.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:09 pm

As for the starting place, if we do the on the way caravan, at the very least my character could be just running across them and that could help spark some introductory talks if they haven't gotten very far and didn't have much of a chance to talk yet.

Going from the large town to the smaller one.... I guess she probably wasn't too well received and couldn't find any clues here and decided to move on somewhere else?

So, either way works for me.
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:15 pm

Too late, I've already written up a (rather basic) OP that starts off in the city. I just need to wait for Fury and my friend I'm trying to get into the system, and then we can begin.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:17 pm

I'm gonna be a while through, its rather late here so I'm leaving it till 2morrow.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next