Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LL - The Hordes of the Blight (why yes, we are recruiting)

+7
Fury of the Tempest
Stairc -Dan Felder
AProcrastinatingWriter
Lapis-Lazily
Caden2112
Miang
Dusk Raven
11 posters

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

LL - The Hordes of the Blight (why yes, we are recruiting) - Page 10 Empty Re: LL - The Hordes of the Blight (why yes, we are recruiting)

Post  Crystalite Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:08 pm

Okay. I'm gonna try and get some RP started again though, as I justify tomorrow's use of Instant Party.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

LL - The Hordes of the Blight (why yes, we are recruiting) - Page 10 Empty Re: LL - The Hordes of the Blight (why yes, we are recruiting)

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:29 pm

Splendid.

Meanwhile, Zakhar's waaaay taller than I thought he was. Definitely taller than your average Nightchild.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:30 pm

It says his height on his character sheet. It's always been there. :I
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:50 pm

This is gonna be interesting.

Contemplating an overhaul of my combat build. The Dark Bargain combo is really cool, but it just doesn't fit the character as well as I thought it would...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:11 pm

Still paying attention, but not posting for purposes of mild comic relief.

You may or may not understand when you guys get back to the bar. It won't be hilarious, so I'm setting myself up for failure, but I just thought I should make it clear I'm following along.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:59 pm

I'm following along as well, I'm just glad to let you guys RP so I don't have to post anything, which is why I haven't demanded any checks of the forest-wanderers. Also, I'm lazy.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:07 am

Alright then, lazy, we'll see what misadventured Aparix got into, and then I think we might ought to get things rolling.

EDIT: Figured out a new build for Mitsuna. Will put it into my character sheet tomorrow. In the meantime, see if you can guess how it works.

Build:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:00 am

Reminds me a bit of our previous fighter's fighting style...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:55 pm

Yes, I took some inspiration from there, and made it dastardly.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:16 pm

It was already dastardly. Do you know how annoying that was to deal with?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:51 pm

Mmhmm. And now after Round 1. You'll have to take damage for it (From Throw The Gauntlet.) And then every other round I'll either be dominating someone (Several someones, the first couple of times thanks to Boomstick) or dealing 2d10 + damage to 6 creatures with Throw The Guantlet and Tragedy.

Dastardly.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:11 pm

LL - The Hordes of the Blight (why yes, we are recruiting) - Page 10 Dick_Dastardly
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:11 pm

Except this Dastardly won't be stopping to cheat.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:08 pm

I think, once Proc. Writer responds, we could probably go for that time skip to morning now.

Also, if it would help, I can think of a dozen ways to screw this build over that I can share with you. (Probably won't share all of them, but still.)

Also, Procastinator, I have not been following the comments for long; I, personally, am still curious as to what happened. On second thought, I think I'd prefer it remained a Noodle Incident.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:43 pm

I've formed a rough estimate of what happened in its completeness, actually, but for once Aparix wasn't lying: it really is much more boring a tale than the final result would make it seem.

So yeah, Noodle Incident works best here.

EDIT: Oh, and yeah, next morning skip is fine.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:42 am

Well, I certainly wasn't expecting that.

I'll get to work on a morning post shortly...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:48 am

Not sure if I'm glad Paladin wasn't there or not.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:14 am

Hope nopony minds me going ahead and timeskipping to morning, I'm pretty sure everyone was in agreement that we were ready.

I also hope nopony minds me starting off your morning with some combat. Feels like it's been forever, eh?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:26 pm

Oh, I don't know. But combat is exciting.

I seriously need to get on Google Drive today though...

EDIT: I can't believe I didn't think of this. Too late though, not gonna. I'm a level short anyways...

Paper Shadow wrote:So, I was holding on to this for the Immortal King contest or whatever it'd be called, but with the combat rework soon, I'll post it now. Behold a truly Immortal King!

You will need:
Blast From The Past
Blood Pact
Rapid Recovery
Lifebound Armour
Energizing Amulet

Expanded Descriptions:
Turn One:
Use Blood Pact (4 Pips -> 3 Pips)
Use Blast From The Past (3 Pips -> 0 Pips, You Cease to Exist)

Turn Two:
Blood Pact (0 Pips -> 1 Pip, 30 HP -> 29 HP)
Lifebound Armour (29 HP -> 30 HP)
Rapid Recovery (1 Pip -> 2 Pips)
Energizing Amulet (2 Pips -> 3 Pips)
Blast From The Past (You Reappear, Deal 1d12 Damage to Target Creature and All Creatures Adjacent)
Use Blast From The Past (3 Pips -> 0 Pips, You Cease to Exist)

Turn Three:
Repeat Turn Two
Ad Infinitum
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:34 pm

That is just... boring.

Besides, the enemy can react and hit you when you hurt them.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:44 pm

Mm-hmm, I thought of that too and posted that point in the original thread.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:31 pm

If you tried doing that I'd probably explode, make some monster with ludicrously unfair interrupts/reactions, and then explode again.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:46 pm

...That would be amusing to watch.

Oh, and I updated my sheet to reflect the new build.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:47 am

Mitsuna should actually have 16 HP and 2 Vuln, if I'm not mistaken - she was hit by the Giant too. Also, Aparix was hit by a Blightwing, not a a hound, but otherwise the math is correct.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:53 am

Oh. Derp. I'll go fix in a minute.

Oh yeah, lore-time!

Lore: Channeling: The right way, and Noxa's way:

So when Mitsuna fell "into" the ground, that was direct channeling. It's a nifty justification for combat flavor effects that can't normally be achieved outside combat.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next