Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LL - The Hordes of the Blight (why yes, we are recruiting)

+7
Fury of the Tempest
Stairc -Dan Felder
AProcrastinatingWriter
Lapis-Lazily
Caden2112
Miang
Dusk Raven
11 posters

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

LL - The Hordes of the Blight (why yes, we are recruiting) - Page 4 Empty Re: LL - The Hordes of the Blight (why yes, we are recruiting)

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:36 pm

Sorry for the delay on my part, finding it hard to work Paladin out 100%
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

LL - The Hordes of the Blight (why yes, we are recruiting) - Page 4 Empty Re: LL - The Hordes of the Blight (why yes, we are recruiting)

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:37 pm

S'alright. Out of curiosity, why a mixed magic user?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:43 pm

Well, I couldn't decide between playing my summoner, or giving my healer/support another go... so, I decided to combine them.

Having a look at the magic, I decided it would be best for the Gift to be used for summons... but for the support, well that was Ki... so I chose that. My idea is that he uses his Ki and mixes it with his Gift in order to replicate the effects of his Ki on others... and after that... well, he just grew by himself.

Until he became Paladin.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:31 am

Hmm, any way I might be able to help with the flavoring? I'd like to get this rolling. Which will then be followed by me procrastinating, but hey, I'm ahead for once and I like it.

Is everyone else ready?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:45 am

I am completely ready.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:18 pm

*looks around anxiously*

Ready, sir. I think.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:26 pm

I think I'll be able to get Paladin flavoured today, but if I can't. I'll ask for help.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:55 pm

As much as I'll ever be.
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:08 pm

Ready.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:35 pm

Question, do the gods each have a symbol representing them?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:37 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Question, do the gods each have a symbol representing them?
I... hadn't thought about that. I suppose they do, or at least various worshipers have come up with various symbols to represent them.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:45 pm

I see... No global symbols?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:54 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:I see... No global symbols?
None that I can think of off the top of my head, just elements which get worked into artwork. I can produce some in a jiffy if you need them, though.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:59 pm

I don't need anything, I was just curious.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:05 pm

Too late, I have already come up with symbols for the four young gods plus the Brood Queen:

Dia: A white circle with a four-pointed star within it.
Noxa: A black circle being wrapped around from the sides by a pair of batlike wings, looking kinda like a laurel.
Somnia: A black Circle with a slit-pupiled eye within it.
Mutus: A white circle with a spiral within it.
Brood Queen: a four-clawed talon crushing a white circle.

See, this is why I love questions.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:24 pm

Does Amora have one?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:28 pm

Given that Amora is now the Brood Queen, technically she does... just not in her old form. I suppose she had a symbol, now mostly forgotten, of a circle with black and white halves, with a wavy line running down the middle, within a larger ring with black and white on the opposite sides.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:39 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:Given that Amora is now the Brood Queen, technically she does... just not in her old form. I suppose she had a symbol, now mostly forgotten, of a circle with black and white halves, with a wavy line running down the middle, within a larger ring with black and white on the opposite sides.
Thank you!
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:59 pm

And.... Paladin is complete!
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:49 pm

Have you given any info about the other gods? It feels like they're just names and we don't know anything about them. My apologies if I just missed it or something.
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:11 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:And.... Paladin is complete!
Splendid! I'll post the brief and totally lame OP shortly and you all can introduce your characters each other.

Marona wrote:Have you given any info about the other gods? It feels like they're just names and we don't know anything about them. My apologies if I just missed it or something.
I have not. My modus operandi is, in order to avoid total information overload, to provide only so much information, and then provide more if asked for. So far all I've really described about Dia, Noxa, Somnia, and Mutus is that they represent day, night, dreams, and change, and I haven't said much else. What would you like to know?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:04 pm

Hmmm.... Perhaps who worships them (both kinds of people and areas where they're largely worshiped if they aren't worshiped equally across all places), what other things they represent (if any), if there's any cultural ramifications of them or their churches (or whatever their organized religions are), what the general practices their worshipers follow are.
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:19 pm

What powers those who channel them have that are common knowledge would be cool, too.

See, the problem is, you're trying to avoid information overload, and we want all the information on your setting. Razz
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:40 pm

Marona wrote:Hmmm.... Perhaps who worships them (both kinds of people and areas where they're largely worshiped if they aren't worshiped equally across all places), what other things they represent (if any), if there's any cultural ramifications of them or their churches (or whatever their organized religions are), what the general practices their worshipers follow are.
Hmm... a complex question. In general, there's not yet a whole lot of actual churches, worship of them is more of a folk thing. There's a few "priests" of sorts, Channelers of their power, but organized religion is a ways into the future. I'm... going to have to spend a bit of time trying to write up information on the deities.

Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:44 pm

So no "common knowledge" as to what channelers of their power can do?
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next