Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

+6
Retrokinesis
Dusk Raven
casey1859
AProcrastinatingWriter
Paper Shadow
deonte9109
10 posters

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) - Page 16 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

Post  deonte9109 Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:15 am

Combat:
My apologies. My side job that I dont get paid for has been getting more distracting than usual lately.
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) - Page 16 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:35 pm

Very understandable. AT this juncture, however, I believe you need to select a target for that attack you just used.

...or maybe you already did and I misread! If that is the case, then you do not need to point such else - I'm going to recheck that last post right now and will be updating if things are in order! Otherwise, though, I gotta know.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun May 04, 2014 1:36 am

Alright.

Finals are finally over and I've had my downtime. For the next two weeks I'll be able to post much more frequently. After that, it's more up in the air, but it'll be a definite at-least-once-a-day thing again, probably more often. That being said, I have admittedly been neglectful in not hammering home that I really need Iggy to have specifically targeted a griffin before we can continue. So I'm hammering that home now.

Also, Luthier, 19+7 = 26, not 25
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon May 05, 2014 3:39 pm

While I'm aware that we are waiting for Deonte to choose between the flying griffon and the non-flying griffon, I'm sure Eye and Scorch could get an update without much problems...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon May 05, 2014 4:58 pm

Feels odd to have things spaced out like that, tbh.

But, as there is at least a little outcry to continue either way, I suppose I'll go ahead.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon May 05, 2014 6:59 pm

Alright, turn order proceeds as follows:

20: Lunar, Griffin A
19: Griffin B, Griffin D
12: Griffin E
6: Big Griffin
2: Luthier
1: Griffin C

Adjacency is mostly as implied by lettering, with the addition that the big Griffin is between Griffins C and D. Anyway, Lunar will go, followed by a bunch of enemies, then Luthier, then poor little Griffin C, as should all be obivous. If it helps, they're pretty weak besides the big guy and he isn't super strong either.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon May 05, 2014 7:13 pm

Ok... So there is a "big griffon between C & D"? Um... Don't you mean the big one would be like err, C or D depending on which letter was intended to be moved? Unless the big griffon be a target yet doesn't have a turn? Huh? I don't understand so confused. All I'm sure of is that I'm going to likely wanta have my opener be on the biggest threat in the fight.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon May 05, 2014 7:16 pm

Three griffins initially swooped in to attack Luthier and Lunar.

After Luthier's persuasion attempt, three more swooped in -a big one and two direct bodyguards of the big one. This makes six griffins.

However, because one griffin is a different enemy type, I differentiated him from the rest by calling him "Big griffin". That is what he is, after all. Razz

Thusly, there are five griffins, a through e, and one big griffin whose adjacency spot happens to be between griffin C and griffin D. Does that all make sense?
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon May 05, 2014 7:32 pm

Ah... I missed the "Big Griffon" in the turn order... Silly me.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon May 05, 2014 8:20 pm

Hmm. Trouble is, I designed to griffins to do a lot of little damage per attack, and potentially make a lot of attacks, though doing so would be costly to their PiPs. I also gave them each two free energy because they came here prepared for battle...

...none of that on its own makes them OP, but add in Xel's vulnerability 4 and...
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon May 05, 2014 9:28 pm

Yeah... Just... Yeah... Wish I was hit with some loss of life or something... *sigh* I don't mind getting KOed... Just hate getting KOed and there is NO way for me to return to the fight. And I feel like I KOed myself cuase I had a second option I should've done instead...

Could we get something to somehow get be back into the game? (or a recon? but I'd not like the recon option that much) Cause unless the enemy has any Save Ends I don't think Luthier's build can really do much on his own... Or even with me still in there. I mean we're in a two vs six fight here that you said they're not "meant to be hard" for us to have a shot of winning. And turn one the only one with healer moves gets kinda one-shoted before all the enemies even get to do a thing.

Did the builds of the two character's get factored in like at all when you looked over our odds of being able to even win this fight? Cause I wouldn't be shocked if it wasn't... Only way to really build monsters in this system is build to react to the team in fight... Else you get random of OP to cakewalk types of outcomes when they're not factored into the building itself. Luthier's build has only indirect damage dealing possible moves... Only one to be 100% surefire to even work in this fight is barter in blood. Hell there is only one AoE move... That could hit everything... That'd only can be used if the dang griffons by chance use Save Ends... Which I highy am douting.

Also on a more humorous note, Lunar getting KOed like this just begging for one of those slow move "death" scene thingies with that one song by that one group... (I think it's like called twisted sisters? But I'm a feeling too lazy at the second to look it up this sec...)
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon May 05, 2014 9:53 pm

While I did not look over your specific builds, and thus in your view shoulder a not-insignificant portion of the blame, I should note that you yourself have pointed out you had options, and specifically chose to use the option that  gave you vulnerability 4 in the middle of a crowd of six enemies.

Even presuming each one was only capable of doing 1 damage at a time, that's [1+4=5]x6=30 if each one were to target you, and it would logically follow that after a showing like that they would indeed each target you. To be blunt, you made a poor tactical decision, and I cannot be held responsible for that.

EDIT: Also I forgot to mention Big Griffin is bloodied now.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue May 06, 2014 12:01 am

I first was going to make a big ranty post about stuff... But I'm cooled down enough to state that can just more quickly sum it all up. Personally while it might not be the best "tactically sound" idea to do...my build has basically nothing else to spend it's huge pile of pips on if I don't go into my Vul 4 move round one. I mean I have the trinket that has me start at 7 pips, a weapon that combos with the Vul 4 move that I don't really have much else I can use it with reliability, and I have a trait that can only do things if my pip count is less then 4. Usage of that move is basically gotta be assumed at this point. Cause if I don't use it... I'm going to cut myself off from a good deal of what my build even can do. Still will admit that yes I do feel that I KOed myself because as you said it ended up being just the amount of HP I had, /and/ I had used a move that put my HP at that amount, also the other option to have opened with I had before me would've allowed me to even tank a good deal of what moves were used on me. Which I honestly am still kicking myself for such a mistake. I do wish to express that I'm not angry, just annoyed at being put in the waiting game... Regardless of who's fault it is. Which I'll admit is kinda more mine then yours Aproc. Just what I've expressed is my thoughts in the hope of somehow helping avoid a future problem be it something with me (most likely event, I really tend to react badly when combat goes bad) or somebody else (who'd likely react better then I am right now).
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue May 06, 2014 12:27 am

If it makes you feel better, I didn't hold any punches either when Writer thought it was a good idea to use a Turn One All or Nothing in my campagin while the party was split...

He was taken down by timberwolves, funnily enough...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue May 06, 2014 12:47 am

Indeed I was. Good times.

But my character survived and I quickly realized that he was actually sort of shallow and I am not currently sure what to do with him, so things are going pretty according to my usual fair. Your character will survive, too, probably. Not that that helps right now, but
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue May 06, 2014 2:20 am

Yeah... I'm sure death isn't likely to happen for Lunar, but don't have high hopes of him getting away without bad things happening to him unless Luither is able to win the fight on his own... (NOT A NEGATIVE OR A COMPLAINT, just my opinion, also think basically something "bad" should happen to Lunar from getting KOed and stuck out of combat with such a boneheaded move like I did) And I did overreact on my part cause I did make a bad move choosing to open with the first move I did. (the standard, not the minor) Just right now worried that because I can do mostly just nothing but wait... When the fight finally ends. I might not even notice or who knows what... You all know my history with being one to lose track of the plot in this thing and junk. Also does feel somewhat minor level better to hear that Lunar at least bloodied the most major threat in this fight before getting dropped... That's something I guess. Also, there is me just wanting to even get to USE the dang build for once in this game... At most the fights seem to only end with me getting KOed or with the combat over turn two. Then again... Once we get to level 5 or 6 when I'll be able to cover most of the major weakpoints with this build has at the moment.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed May 07, 2014 2:27 am

Paper Shadow wrote:
Dusk Raven wrote:[I was kinda looking forward to seeing how APW would spin that nat 1, and it's not that important a roll, but we'll go with it.]
(I felt it was important due to the amount of enemies around, but whatever. In the future, should I wait for people to ask me for a reroll or should I have people tell me they don't want a reroll?)
First I'd like to say, please KEEP OOC ONLY POSTS IN THE OOC TOPIC! This is a bit of a pet peeve of mine.

But on the topic asked here. I'd suggest that play it by ear. In this event, I think it was wiser to not use it first and not see how bad it'd have been if Apcro posted. But maybe would've been wiser to just suggest it or something. It's a tricky thing really, GM and Player alike might see the event as more or less imporant to ask about. So just it upto you if you feel like you should ask others "should I reroll that?" questions before doing the talent. It might be wiser to ask first. Even more so if Aproc hasn't posted yet. Maybe even to some degree if he has posted and not much has gone on in reaction to that bad roll. A minor recon relating to skill-check results are totally a fine thing to do in my opinion.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Wed May 07, 2014 9:52 pm

Me: Why the buck is APW not responding to my combat post.
*checks old combat post*
Me: Everything looks fine to me
*checks THIS thread and APW's comment
Me: Bullshit I did.....(facepalm) Im such a tard
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu May 08, 2014 11:25 pm

Ok, neat I'm back up thanks to NPC ally joining the frey... But I'm confused to who's turn it be now.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri May 09, 2014 1:20 am

Well, since the last griffin's turn was skipped and you're the dude after the last griffin (by way of circling around) I'm going to say it's your turn now. Razz
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri May 09, 2014 1:24 am

Kay, just making sure... Wasn't sure since Deonte's comment make me worried there was more going on or something.

Edit: Now let's see if I was right that 2 resist is going to keep Lunar alive for the rest of this battle! XD
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Sat May 10, 2014 11:15 am

I swear posts go up right after I check the pages. Then next thing I know people are waiting on me or more stuff is going on and I gotta back track
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat May 10, 2014 10:33 pm

...oh gosh. Oh poor deonte. Oh dear.

I...hope I've misread your latest post, but I do believe you forgot to state how much you actually rolled when you used Frostfall?
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat May 10, 2014 11:07 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:...oh gosh. Oh poor deonte. Oh dear.

I...hope I've misread your latest post, but I do believe you forgot to state how much you actually rolled when you used Frostfall?
deonte9109 wrote:[-7] Frostfall - Standard Attack
Deal 2d12 to target creature and 1d12 to creatures adjacent to the target. The primary target is stunned until the end of its next turn.
Main Target: Flying Griffon
Roll: 6,8 9
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat May 10, 2014 11:15 pm

Yay it's been Edited in!
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next