Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

+6
Retrokinesis
Dusk Raven
casey1859
AProcrastinatingWriter
Paper Shadow
deonte9109
10 posters

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) - Page 17 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun May 11, 2014 12:12 am

Let's just say I misread things.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) - Page 17 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

Post  Paper Shadow Sun May 11, 2014 12:19 am

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Lunar, counting in resistances, take a hearty 3 damage total. Zibris takes some too, and did some to the big griffin. Zibris is bloodied.
Is that including vulnerability (remembering that it doesn't proc if the user takes no damage due to resist)?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun May 11, 2014 12:30 am

Yeah... I was kinda wondering about that too... (but hoped not to need to talk about it and just move on with so little damage taken) Any attacks that deal 2 or 1 damage, do nothing and are tanked, but a 3 damage attack would be -2(resist)+4(vul) = 5 total damage... So yeah...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun May 11, 2014 12:36 am

Xel Unknown wrote:Yeah... I was kinda wondering about that too... (but hoped not to need to talk about it and just move on with so little damage taken) Any attacks that deal 2 or 1 damage, do nothing and are tanked, but a 3 damage attack would be -2(resist)+4(vul) = 5 total damage... So yeah...
Alternatively, the damage could have been 1 + 4 (vul) damage, which should completely be blocked because vulnerability only activates when damage is taken, or 3 + 3 + 3, where the resist has made it 1 + 1 + 1 but Writer forgot about the extra damage...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun May 11, 2014 12:42 am

True, true... But I do think that I wasn't so unlucky to get three 3's in this fight on an enemy that deals seemingly 1d4 damage.

Edit: Also did I drop a griffon in this fight? Only to get a new griffin to replace it?

edit2: Lastly I plan to totally trade out Lash Out for Barkskin after this combat... So I can resist up all the times.

Edit-the-third: Hope we'll get info or at least some new insight into Nihl's actions, plans, and motivations.

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Sun May 11, 2014 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : EDITS FOR THE EDIT GODS!)
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon May 12, 2014 12:39 am

...I thought the vulnerability disappeared when you went unconscious. Apparently it does not. Which is very unfortunate.

It was the 3+3+3 one. With Resist is 1+1+1, or 5+5+5 with the vulnerability.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon May 12, 2014 12:47 am

It says "for the rest of battle" so nothing is shaking it away from me sadly... Also if it did, I'd also be losing my +3d6 damage... And dam... Well at 4 HP... So not down again...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon May 12, 2014 2:37 am

Xel Unknown wrote:Edit-the-third: Hope we'll get info or at least some new insight into Nihl's actions, plans, and motivations.

Alternatively, a zebra will somehow interrupt Nihl. Still, kinda nice to have a one-on-one with Nihl like this.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon May 12, 2014 3:31 am

Dusk Raven wrote:
Xel Unknown wrote:Edit-the-third: Hope we'll get info or at least some new insight into Nihl's actions, plans, and motivations.

Alternatively, a zebra will somehow interrupt Nihl. Still, kinda nice to have a one-on-one with Nihl like this.

"Well, now, it's come to this. You, me, and my dozens of fanatically loyal super-soldiers...what, pray tell, were you thinking again?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue May 13, 2014 3:11 pm

I was looking over the epically awesome combo that Cur had pulled off... And I gotta admit I noticed something that I believe Cur has been mistaken on. Spellscape Familiar's pip gain happens after Lunthier's turn... Cause summons start their turn after their caster's. Therefore when Luther used Hideaway he shouldn't have gained that pip on his first turn. Doesn't change anything overall, just something I felt should be pointed out for future reference.

stuff in question for reference:

Also on another note, (assuming that combat is over thanks to that 33 damage to everything) this combat changeup for my build is ok, right?:

Removal:
[-2] Amp It Up (Lash Out) - Reaction Utility
Trigger - You damage a creature with an attack that targets only one creature.
Effect - Pay 4 life. If you do, deal 6 additional damage to that creature.

New Talent:
[-2] Amped Up Defence (Barkskin) - Minor Utility
You gain resist 2 until the end of your next turn and 1d10 temporary hit points.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue May 13, 2014 4:38 pm

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) - Page 17 250px-Thunder_Armor

Thunder Armor is a-go, Xel. Combat build is fine, and you are correct re:how that thing there works. Well done!
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue May 13, 2014 8:16 pm

GAH. TOUGH DECISION TIME.

Also, Xel, I love your new avatar.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue May 13, 2014 9:16 pm

Try to trust the villian who far as we understand seems to think they're doing the "right thing"... Or don't and try to stop him. It is hard to choose. Personally I'm voting for trying to trust him. This seems like a moment where we should... And hey it might pay off for us. And if not... Dude has likely given up ALL speaking rights to rant at the heroes about his goals for an unknown amount of time.

(thanks, just saw it pop up on my dashboard on Tumbur... And just had to use it.)
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Wed May 14, 2014 12:06 am

I opt for kill him now ask questions later.

Also thats from When Ponies Cry if i remember correctly.
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed May 14, 2014 1:23 am

Xel Unknown wrote:I was looking over the epically awesome combo that Cur had pulled off... And I gotta admit I noticed something that I believe Cur has been mistaken on. Spellscape Familiar's pip gain happens after Lunthier's turn... Cause summons start their turn after their caster's. Therefore when Luther used Hideaway he shouldn't have gained that pip on his first turn. Doesn't change anything overall, just something I felt should be pointed out for future reference.
He can have his actions trigger when the pip gain happens. That's a thing he can do, right?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed May 14, 2014 1:42 am

@Deonte: I think he "kill him now" option even if we do pull it off... Will only lead to more problems for us not less.

@Papper: And I don't think so... Your turn must end for the Summon's turn to happen...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu May 15, 2014 12:34 am

Paper Shadow wrote:[Watching Intensifies]
Normally a post like this one... I'd be raging all over... But given how things are going. Yeah. I think it's 100% fitting.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu May 15, 2014 2:31 am

Heh. Well, I was planning to reveal Scorch's part in all this as soon as Luthier posted next, but apparently I need to go ahead and do that.

You can wait to perform your actions until something or somebody else has already gone, I am house-ruling if that wasn't a rule already. However, doing so will permanently (in terms of that battle) move you to that position in the Initiative order.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu May 15, 2014 3:06 am

Oh... A type of delay thing... That kinda makes sense and can work to have the pip gain work in combo with the hideaway move.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Thu May 15, 2014 5:23 pm

Well those problem swill be our future selves problem not ours.
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat May 17, 2014 5:23 pm

I'm confused, was any of that info in that post for me and the results of my roll? Cause It seemed like I got glossed over. Only info relating to the Nihl group was given, nothing relating to the townville terror group (IE: mine) nor anything for Deonte, but he's off by himself somewhere I don't got a clue.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat May 17, 2014 9:37 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Back at the village, not yet destroyed but rather close by all accounts, the griffins don't seem to be using much in the way of magic, and the zebras only slightly more -both sides seem to be relying on potions of strength or healing for the most part. There doesn't seem to be any real rhythm to the attack besides "stay away from the few zebras that can actually fight", so mostly the residential houses have been lit up and the villagers are crying out in terror, running about, trying to improvise some weapons. Zibris's hut has been torn down, and what soldiers remain of the zebras are split between flying targets and defending the innocent below.

One imagines the depths of Tartarus, really.

I admit I was a bit vague and so that is my fault for not clarifying it was the result of your roll and not meant for everybody, but I wouldn't call that no info. Razz
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun May 18, 2014 11:11 pm

(because I did so in Grand Line and got the same ideas for Lunar's future level 5 & 6 build.)

Combat Talents
[+4] Trance - Standard Utility (might trade this out at level 5 or even sooner but I'm unsure)
You suffer vulnerability 4 until the end of your next turn.

[+3] Blood Slash - Standard Attack
Deal 2 damage to target creature. You suffer 2 ongoing damage (save ends)

[+2] Blood Arrow - Standard Attack [Created by Xel Unknown]
Deal 2d4 damage to target creature. You lose 2 hp.

[-1] My Life is Yours - Minor Utility
Pay 5 hp. Target creature gains 9 hp.

[-2] Barkskin - Minor Utility (not 100% sure if this'll be in the build at level 6 but likely will still be here at level 5)
You gain resist 2 until the end of your next turn and 1d10 temporary hit points.

[-9] Berserker’s Rage - Minor Utility
For the rest of the battle you may deal +3d6 damage on one single-target attack each round and you suffer Vulnerability 4.

[-X] Drain Blood - Minor Attack (if trance goes this will likely leave too)
Deal X damage to target creature. Target creature gains X+2 life. X cannot be less than 1.

[-X] Lifesap - Reaction Utility [Created by Dusk Raven and Zarhon]
Trigger - You deal damage to one or more creatures.
Effect - Gain up to 3 hp for each energy spent. However, you cannot gain more hp than the total damage you dealt.
Combat Items
Weapon:
Overloader- 1500
Once per battle, you may use the following combat talent.

[0] Overload - Reaction Attack [1/Battle]
Trigger - You spend 6 or more energy on a single combat talent.
Effect - Deal 5 damage to target creature and the creature suffers vulnerability 2 until the end of your next turn.
Armor:
Full Plate -  2000 gold - lvl 5
You have resist 2 and suffer a -3 penalty to initiative.

Mithril Fullplate - 5000 Gold - lvl 6
You have resist 4 and suffer a -5 penalty to initiative.
Trinkets:
Amulet of Protection - 500 Gold - lvl 6
You begin battles with 4 temporary hp.

Amulet of Adrenaline - 5000 Gold [Created by LoganAura]
You begin battles with 7 energy instead of 4.
Traits
Gold is Power
You gain 2000 more gold to spend on combat items. You may take this trait multiple times.

Rapid Recovery
At the beginning of your turn, if you have less than 4 energy you gain 1 energy.

Vital Surge
Whenever an enemy attacks you, you gain 1d6 temporary hp after the attack resolves.

Gold is Power - lvl 6
You gain 2000 more gold to spend on combat items. You may take this trait multiple times.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue May 20, 2014 12:49 am

Before you ask, yes Aproc I got your PM... Just no other way I could have Lunar react after all of that. I mean... He was already not bucking believing that Nihl was behind the dam space-rock... But now it feels even worse... If nothing else Nihl is using the event of the impact for his own unknown gains. That much is clear to the Hippogriff and that is just a bit too much to take in at the moment. Or this is the first conlusion that his mind came up with and then it just went into 404 afterwards.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue May 20, 2014 1:10 am

Xel Unknown wrote:Before you ask, yes Aproc I got your PM... Just no other way I could have Lunar react after all of that. I mean... He was already not bucking believing that Nihl was behind the dam space-rock... But now it feels even worse... If nothing else Nihl is using the event of the impact for his own unknown gains. That much is clear to the Hippogriff and that is just a bit too much to take in at the moment. Or this is the first conlusion that his mind came up with and then it just went into 404 afterwards.
I have no idea what you are talking about...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next