Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Little Warehouse (OOC, Sign-up, & Information) (PBP)

+7
Lapis-Lazily
Quietkal
Fury of the Tempest
Zarhon
tygerburningbright
Z2
Crystalite
11 posters

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

My Little Warehouse (OOC, Sign-up, & Information) (PBP) - Page 6 Empty Re: My Little Warehouse (OOC, Sign-up, & Information) (PBP)

Post  Zarhon Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:22 pm

Right, the other way around then - up to the party, further up to check the other floors, or down where the other patients/guards are.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

My Little Warehouse (OOC, Sign-up, & Information) (PBP) - Page 6 Empty Re: My Little Warehouse (OOC, Sign-up, & Information) (PBP)

Post  Quietkal Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:44 pm

I guess I could rebuild over to Abilities if we're doing that, but I'd prefer to just keep the old system.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:23 pm

Abilities: Since at least three of you want to keep going by the old system, we will do so.

Vibes: For now, how it will work is you'll ask me, either here in the OOC or over PM, and I'll make a decision based partially off of random chance, partially what makes the most "sense" from where you stand, and partially what would be most convenient for me. In Busker's case, he is inclined to go up; he doesn't know the party is there, but he knows there's not much point in going towards the ground after scaling the wall to get where he is without knowing for sure what's there.

EDIT: For the "random chance" part, add your Perception and Arcana scores together, and divide by two. That is your "Vibe Score" and it functions basically like either one would for detecting things; except Vibe is used for when you really have nothing concrete to go on.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:14 pm

Well, my vibe score is 6 then, aka 'terrible'.

A question regarding skills: What would be example uses of streetwise, in your eyes, for this campaign?

Cause some DMs have different interpretations of it (navigation, hunches, finding scoundrels/fences, intuition...) and with it differing methods of use, though it's generally known as being 'borderline useless' in many cases.

I might switch my training from streetwise to perception if it's not going to be of much/any real significant use as a skill, especially since perception being higher would help with vibes (I sort of expected it to work with streetwise) and pretty much everything else.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:42 pm

reliability op...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:21 pm

Nice! Not sure if the +5 bonuses from reliability stack on top of each other, though the cutie crit makes it a moot point anyway.  Very Happy 
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:21 pm

...Yeeaaah, I'm gonna need a little while to figure that one out.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:03 am

Would the heal check cutie crit maybe help Trotson with determining the nurse's "lines under her eyes", as a combo of sorts?  Very Happy 

Since I have "Audiomancy" and can see the happenings, I believe I can both relay a message to those inside (silently), and place a "bug" on something to listen in, assuming the bug isn't found (it rings faintly).

Only thing I'm wondering though is how to justify it (ventriloquism doesn't allow for "bugs" to be made unless magic is involved - Maybe a Farnsworth-made device that can go through glass? Gypsy magic or whatnot?), and what to use as a bug - options would be some mundane object (in which case its no longer useful if the patient moves from the room), or something the patient/suspects would wear continuously (this risks it being easily discovered though, unless Trotson or Wraith can convince him to keep carrying it).
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:03 am

For the bug thing, I can see that Farnsworth would've made something like that, as an early prototype of his baby.

As for Wrangler and Terracotta, that should prove distracting. We'll see how everyone else reacts to that...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:01 am

Action plans!

Trotson and Wraith might have had contact with the disease, and are forced to stay 24 hours anyway. They probably should stay in the hospital and try to find the artifact.

Busker's gonna go outside again and rejoin the others (he can literally just jump out a window due to Feline Grace). He can probably try and look from the top of the hospital as well, to see if he can see the wagon Farnsworth's being kidnapped in, or where its going.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:00 pm

Zarhon wrote:Action plans!

Trotson and Wraith might have had contact with the disease, and are forced to stay 24 hours anyway. They probably should stay in the hospital and try to find the artifact.

Truth be told, I was half-hoping they would say "screw it" and break out of quarantine prematurely... No matter.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:49 pm

Crystalite wrote:
Zarhon wrote:Action plans!

Truth be told, I was half-hoping they would say "screw it" and break out of quarantine prematurely... No matter.
Well we do have our "don't let it get into news" and "don't spread the disease" tasks. Sunspot could make it problematic as well (he needs artifact exposure / binding warehouse employment contracts before we can expect in-character cooperation from him).

This might work out well for us - the smart doctor and the impulsive/persuasive/disease immune kid is trying to track down the artifact within the hospital, Sunspot is with them so he can get properly traumatized/drafted, and the rest are focusing on finding Farnsworth (with a tracker, backup historian, and acrobat). Divide and conquer!

Unless the artifact that's causing the disease is actually with whoever took Farnsworth, that is - Trotson/Wraith would have a boring time then.

I mean, they can still decide to leap out the windows once they get to their empty room. Razz Well, Wraith could, at least.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:30 pm

If we can get the information of the hotel across to Wrangler, that'd make tracking the dragon a lot easier as it'd give a place to start other than 'North?'
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:41 pm

Quietkal wrote:If we can get the information of the hotel across to Wrangler, that'd make tracking the dragon a lot easier as it'd give a place to start other than 'North?'

Hard to say if Busker would've been able to read the message. You could make a Vibe check or two, I suppose.

EDIT: Although, Busker DID put a bug on Trotson. Could relay it that way.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:04 pm

Oh, I didn't intend for Wrangler to walk off without Busker...though that would be a thing he'd do.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:24 pm

Quietkal wrote:Oh, I didn't intend for Wrangler to walk off without Busker...though that would be a thing he'd do.

He has a few minutes yet before you're completely out of sight; and if he doesn't make it he can always make a Vibe check.

Vibes are going to be a serious crutch for this sort of thing, aren't they. And yet, surprisingly, nobody seems to have used it yet...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:39 pm

Even if Busker's left behind Wrangler can just howl and let him know where Wrangler is (also Jade) and how far, so it really shouldn't cause a problem.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:51 pm

That's true...

I seriously need to get more familiar with your character sheets...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:28 pm

Crys, when I said backtrack, I kinda meant 'back to where I entered the hospital'. Posting just that to speed things up.

Should I assume I can find / am reunited with my fellow agents, or...?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:57 am

For the sake of simplicity, we'll assume that yes, Busker is perfectly able to find his fellow agents.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:57 pm

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:06 pm

I've played that game. Hehe.

Gimme a minute, I has the derps and haven't figured out this part yet...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:23 pm

Do I need to roll for tracking, or did the vibe crit cover that?
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:25 pm

Posted. Sorry that took so long!

@ Lapis & Tyger: Sunspot might have an easier time getting the stuff you need if you told her what that stuff was...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:28 pm

I was waiting for Tiger to say it. Trotson's the doctor. I'm just pretending.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next