Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Little Warehouse (OOC, Sign-up, & Information) (PBP)

+7
Lapis-Lazily
Quietkal
Fury of the Tempest
Zarhon
tygerburningbright
Z2
Crystalite
11 posters

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

My Little Warehouse (OOC, Sign-up, & Information) (PBP) - Page 11 Empty Re: My Little Warehouse (OOC, Sign-up, & Information) (PBP)

Post  Elacular Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:31 pm

Yeah, I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and say Wondertainment.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

My Little Warehouse (OOC, Sign-up, & Information) (PBP) - Page 11 Empty Re: My Little Warehouse (OOC, Sign-up, & Information) (PBP)

Post  Zarhon Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:25 pm

Artifact guessing time!

1) Artifact makes children/creatures unable to see their most desired toy (meaning Wraith may end up unable to see the Faust one).
2) Artifact makes creatures unable to see toys, or similarly fun/funny things.
3) Artifact blinds creatures completely for some obtuse reason.
4) The filly is an artifact-caused illusion, manifestation, or Wraith-like undead entity, designed to fool/persuade the clerks/customers into showing sympathy.
5) The clown is evil.
6) The clown isn't evil, but is punishing those who think of it as evil/creepy, or don't like it.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:44 pm

I can neither confirm or deny.

I would appreciate it if you could give me a while, though. I'm having a hard time articulating what I want to say...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:28 pm

It could also not be an artifact and just be something else.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:55 pm

Crys, could you add Sunspot's sheet to the first post of the OOC / add Elac as a player? Can't find the sheet, curious about what she actually looks like.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:19 pm

Done.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:11 pm

Huh, I thought we were using the version of Loyalty that granted a short immunity as well (for reasons that are just now apparent).

Edit: I think I just pulled a Dr. Who speech out of my butt.

And now I'm imagining Busker with Matt Smith's/David Tennant's voice. Would match the hair with the second one...
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:51 pm

... Dammit, now I'm imagining it too.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:12 pm

Crystalite wrote:... Dammit, now I'm imagining it too.
 Daring Do 
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:19 am

Roll Perception or Vibe to find out where the Stag went.

I hadn't really intended to have any particular equivalent to the purple goo/rubber gloves. The gloves make sense, but it seems to me for most things thick leather gloves would do (Do ponies wear gloves?) The goo, however, always struck me as a bit of a cop out; "Oh, just hose it down and hope it works". This, in my opinion, defeats the purpose of this campaign; to pit my/your/our Artifacts against your creativity in containing them.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:11 pm

If the Warehouse has the tech Bunker is thinking of, they don't have it with them.
Bunker?

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:49 pm

well it appears that I have missed a good bit more than I expected to... er can the DM tell me when it is a decent time to drop back in?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:54 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:well it appears that I have missed a good bit more than I expected to... er can the DM tell me when it is a decent time to drop back in?

If you want to go with Kal/Wrangler you can drop in right now. I presume he'll be joining the rest of the party directly.

Alternatively, I can make sh*t happen right there just for the two of you.

Zarhon wrote:
If the Warehouse has the tech Bunker is thinking of, they don't have it with them.
Bunker?

... Yep, you're Bunker now. Now strip off the busking coat! Here's a bunk instead. Cheerilee Derp
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:25 pm

So, what happened with the sad toy? Still there, invisible, or taken by the stag?

Main problem with artifact hunting ain't so much neutralizing (relatively speaking) so much as distinguishing it from clutter (e.g. the clown doll might be an artifact, or a normal item that's simply been affected by an artifact).

Do we have any method of confirming something is or isn't an artifact, considering they function via their weird energy? Arcana, perhaps, or some common identifier they all share whilst active or under certain conditions we can trigger? I assume we know some of these if we've been agents for a bit.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:17 pm

What, something like the Fudge Quality? I'll give it some thought. For now you could always roll Vibe. As for the toy itself it's in plain view; it hasn't vanished and it's pretty hard to just snatch.

I really hate it when someone gets a ridiculously good roll on something that's really not all that important; because (being unimportant) I don't have much to say, but I don't want to make a CMC seem too tame...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:34 pm

I wouldn't mind getting information that may or may not be related or useful, or only tangentially related: Such as: Whether the line of toys is based off of any real circus and the clown itself based off of any real clown, or perhaps stories or legends that bear some resemblance to the toy's effect on ponies
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:47 pm

See, that's the thing; there really just ISN'T. Not without a fair amount of world building that really doesn't have much to do with the current plotting. I guess feel free to make something up in this case if you just want RP juice, but there's just not much there that really matters.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:51 pm

My only peeve is that my streetwise specialization doesn't really help me with artifacts, depending on definition. I sort of assumed it to be the equivalent of vibe, or a 'common sense' / 'intuition' / 'moon logic'. My vibe, since it uses my low arcana, is 6, which isn't enough to help me in most cases. My perception is 7, which is a only a point higher, an average value.

It's this weird situation where my character is inherently inept at noticing weird/artifact stuff by rolls/stats, even when it's obvious and he freaking owns one and should know these things. Arcana defines the artifacts weirdness, so my non-magical savvy pony is oblivious to it completely.

In Warehouse 13, Artie has an innate knowledge of how artifacts work, both by knowing what they are (historically, a history check), how they 'feel' and what their energy is trying to accomplish (e.g. Edgar's notebook and quill, which he treated as sentient, emotional things, cause they actually acted in such a fashion), and their owner's/creator's influences that brought their creation in the first place (persuasion/history?).

Would streetwise work to get that 'emotional' hint of what an artifact is trying to accomplish? Or perhaps see patterns in the weirdness, a logical progression of cause & effect, or simply a knowledge of 'everyday life' applied to how it affects an artifact's 'life'.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:55 pm

Hmm. You raise a good point that Streetwise is a bit underused thus far; and I hadn't realized you had intended to use it in the context of Artifacts. So sure, we can roll with that.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:19 pm

Whether the staircase leads up depends on how big the building is, and whether it has an upper story. DM only mentioned them going down into the basement, so I assumed as such. Are the hoof-steps coming above Jade/Wraith/Busker AND Sunspot, or would Sunspot hear them below her? Did we see anypony whilst going down, and how many stories did we go down?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:23 pm

Sorry. I promise I wasn't meaning to be a dick, but it seemed like something Sunspot would do right now.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:37 pm

Busker, Wraith, and Jade are currently on B2. Sunspot is currently headed for Ground. All of you can recall there's probably at least one floor above that one as well. Looking down reveals probably at least 3 more basement floors, making a total of 7 floors all together.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:46 am

Quietkal wrote:And then they kissed got to the other room?
Wrangler's not intending to get to and corral the others unless they seem to be in dire straights, like having been kidnapped or figuring out a creepy clown artifact.
That's not to say I don't want to help the others or I'm hoping they run into problems, but they seem to be on top of it and it fits Wrangler to not go to them.

... Of course, the kicker is that if they do run into problems Wrangler has no way of knowing. I take it you want to see what happens here?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:22 am

Elacular wrote:Sorry. I promise I wasn't meaning to be a dick, but it seemed like something Sunspot would do right now.

Yeah, I had considered that down might not be the way to go, but Jade wasn't going to let Wraith and Busker wander off on their own. She hadn't considered how much easier it would be for them to go back up the pole though...
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:12 am

So, would Sunspot be in a position to question Wraith's sudden flight / ash-stuff by now, or is she being subtle about it?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next