Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2

+4
Dr Blight
Sobana
sunbeam
ZamuelNow
8 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2

Post  sunbeam Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:37 pm

I think you missed the most recent post. She blacked out after being attacked from behind and woke up in a dimly lit room. If that's Nightshade being Nightshade, then someone never filled me in on what that means.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:38 pm

I think its just the Keep Staff here.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:55 pm

That sort of thinking is begging to be ambushed.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:22 am

Since Nightshade's book has a soulbound curse on it that makes sure it always returns to her shouldn't it be some where in the room with her?

Also, total coin ambush.
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:05 pm

Sobana wrote:Since Nightshade's book has a soulbound curse on it that makes sure it always returns to her shouldn't it be some where in the room with her?

There is some gameplay versus story segregation that would be going on.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:32 am

ZamuelNow wrote:
Sobana wrote:Since Nightshade's book has a soulbound curse on it that makes sure it always returns to her shouldn't it be some where in the room with her?

There is some gameplay versus story segregation that would be going on.
Ah, I think I understand. So am I just in like status mode stuck in a broom closet until you give me back my roll results of my reach or can I proceed to do other things?
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:31 am

I think you made a typo in your roll. It looks like you simply typed "20" as opposed to "1d20" when typing it into Invisible Castle.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:49 am

Ah, that is why it looked weird. I thought something was off. Should I reroll since the chapter is over?
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:56 am

... Well then, I guess Gearick won't be able to report to Brisk Iron after all. Don't get me wrong, but can't the missions also be seen as a testing period of the two newcomers, Rose and Nightshade, to see if their appropriate for the Keep and working with STOMP?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:25 pm

Yaaaaaaay Tilde. :maud:

Poor Hector. He'll eventually get that lunch date.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:36 pm

In the epilogue, maybe. Assuming he and Dusty survive that long.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:46 pm

sorry for being quiet, just been finishing up with unpacking an 8ft pile of boxes.

Question though, do I not post now until the next plot hook thing? Or is me and Fury's side still ongoing?
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:50 pm

That reminds me. Hector has had time to study the stuff Dr Fields gave him, hasn't he? I know he would have if he did, but I'm not sure there's been time.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:04 am

How are you going to end the chapter on a kidnapping cliffhanger? What do you think this is, My Little Pony and Friends? =p
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:24 pm

Okay,so... I'm not sure I understand what's going on. Who's Tilde? I assume some kind of Discord like eldritch entity, but do they work with Noir's group or independently? Does Ruby know that? Does she even know about Tilde being here or at all, or did I miss something during Noirs bits that would tie her to Ruby?

I suppose the most important of those questions is if Ruby knows who Tilde is, being new, and that Tilde is here. Since that has the most effect on how she acts.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:32 pm

Ruby would not know who Tilde is IC.  As far as OOC, I think I can catch you up to speed if I find the post.  One sec...

Here we go: https://ponytales.forumotion.com/t662p510-equestrian-radio-show-s-adventure-variety-hour-explorers-of-stomp#73024

Technically it's the post before Tilde appears but it should give you an idea.  It's only about a page of material.  A few characters talked about it afterwards but Tilde itself had not returned until now. Tilde is not affiliated with COIN or Noir in any way.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:37 am

Roll results came back on my search as a 2, my special ability makes the roll result a 1. We are on the path to success now. =p
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:27 am

Oh, dear. You probably have absolutely no clue who Tilde is, which makes you even more vulnerable than us.

Tilde is a sentient Calamitous Word of Command that spent the last decade rotting away in one of the Keep's containment cells. In a previous attack on the archives (by Noir), Tilde was freed (accidentally, we think) and fled the scene. However, his sole motivation is that he hates Brisk Iron and the STOMP team with a burning passion, so naturally he came back to kill us (as he did to the last STOMP team).

Say, how is a mute Ready Quill supposed to scream "Tilde!" I'd be confused, but not suspicious. Not until I start tasting envy and feeling meows.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:27 am

So, I just had an OOC thought while reading through some of the posts where Tilde was mentioned. Tilde apparently speaks an ancient language, judging by how the Princess used her studies of such to stop him right? Well Ruby and the current generation of Crystal Ponies are technically 1000+ years old. That language might've just been foreign instead of ancient back then.

Ruby herself almost certainly doesn't know it, unless it IS the Crystal Pony language, in any capacity beyond extremely simple words like "follow" "wait" and "my apologies" from her time working in the palace. Being raised during Sombra's reign as a slave, her having been literate in her own language was probably a feat.

Diamond Gleam, her grandmother, on the otherhand is almost certainly old enough to have lived under the former Crystal Queen prior to Sombra's reign. Due to her elevated social standing she might've actually had to interact with foreign diplomats back when they would show up to do more than just surrender or swear undying vengeance. Even if she herself doesn't know the language, she might recognize what it is and know some one who does enough to help the Keep sort it out if she/they can be convinced to help.

If the language itself is only 900 years old or so for example there's no chance they'd know the language itself, but they might have a closer view of the root language it evolved from than modern ponies to help the Keep decipher it. If nothing else, being able to work both from its potential root and derivative languages would probably solve a few headaches for whoever is in charge of doing that.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:23 pm

Geez, spoilers much? But if Tilde is the reason the last campaign was cut short then it is all the more worth it. Wait, does that mean Tidle kidnapped Nightshade? And Tidle has Nightshade's book and necklace?! The end of the world might happen sooner then we expected... that is if Zamuel follows the lore of those objects from my stories. =p
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:40 pm

Nah, I'm sure the GM's eldritch abomination can keep Nightshade's eldritch abomination in check.

In the meanwhile, I think I'm just gonna grab my fillyfriend and haul out of there...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:15 pm

I'm not sure a question on a potential plan CAN be spoilers. Unless you mean the info on Tilde which definitively isn't since its information already given to the party at the time in character in the previous thread for this campaign.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:59 pm

sunbeam wrote:Say, how is a mute Ready Quill supposed to scream "Tilde!" I'd be confused, but not suspicious.

Good point.  I can find ways to make it still confusing but more likely to be guessed IC.

tasting envy and feeling meows.

*makes note*

Dr Blight wrote:Tilde apparently speaks an ancient language

It's a little more complex than that.  Tilde does not speak an ancient language and rather it is a corruption of information and language.

Crystalite wrote:Nah, I'm sure the GM's eldritch abomination can keep Nightshade's eldritch abomination in check.

Big Smiles, Sweetie Oh my.  You just gave me the excuse needed to make things even worse.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:05 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:
Crystalite wrote:Nah, I'm sure the GM's eldritch abomination can keep Nightshade's eldritch abomination in check.

Big Smiles, Sweetie Oh my.  You just gave me the excuse needed to make things even worse.

Always happy to help my fellow GM Big Smiles, Sweetie
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:28 am

I'm curious to see what Zam has in store for the book and necklace. I'm sure he knows about the lore behind the necklace because he took Nightshade's profile picture from the actual story about it. I imagine that is why he moved the story ahead before Nightshade had a chance to explain what the book does. No spoilers about the book then. =3
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next