Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2

+4
Dr Blight
Sobana
sunbeam
ZamuelNow
8 posters

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2

Post  Crystalite Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:34 am

Me damn it, Twi iDerp.

EDIT:

Crystalite wrote:
ZamuelNow wrote:Hector noticed that while there was a scattered mess, the pages all seemed to be numbered and many of those seemed to be color coded.  Getting them back in order would take a bit but wouldn't be impossible.  The one he held wasn't one of the translation pages.  Instead it was a translated sheet with part of a set of instructions on how to convert weathercrafting to magnetism.

"Cha? This is new," the hippogriff muttered, stopping to read it a lottle more carefully. "Grease, help me out here. What is... 'mag-net-ism'? Because if it is what I think it is then there's a lot more here than I thought."

You're up to something. I don't know what, but this can't be a simple attempt to give me yet another tool in the arsenal. Clearly you're planning for me to use that tool, in a specific way and for a specific reason.

...Aren't you?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2

Post  sunbeam Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:42 pm

Don't worry, Zamuel's not fond of broom dungeons.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:39 pm

...broom dungeons?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:46 pm

sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:04 pm

Ah. Figured the meaning was roughly along those lines. Oh no, I'm more likely to throw you into into a dungeon and not know how you'll make it out. I check for a more general "team is X broken" than where you sit on the Pokemon battle chart.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:13 am

Can Nightshade roll to try to learn that magnetic spell she saw?
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:59 am

I'm not the DM, but it was technically Weathercrafting being done by someone who's only half-pony in the first place. Translating that into something you can do with your horn seems like it would require seeing it more than once.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:23 pm

That might be right. But Nightshade's talent is figuring out complex spells rather easily. It is one of the reasons why she is crazy and why others put up with her. You can't hide your secrets from her.
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:11 pm

Dr Blight wrote:Luckily i have eagle eyes! Small objects and fine details up to a mile away! lol!

As for the Destiny I'd argue not every item at a crime scene would be feasibly holdable. Things like a statue, message written in blood, or a car/carriage for example.

In hindsight I'd be kinda bummed if a hitman dropped a piece of paper saying "shoot Royal Decree"  and i couldn't identify that he's the former mayor with my Destiny just because he isn't standing in front of me. If a guys a mystery, hey that's a character trait and probably related to the plot, i get that. But a name seems like a better research point than a face for a detective. You don't sign a lease with "pink unicorn, fat, male." after all.

That makes sense. Still having difficulty hashing out the exact details. The main thing in not having an actual lab is that I think you'll actually need to sit and investigate a bit or at least come up with a theory. Essentially, role play it out as opposed to just doing a flat roll. This also means there's at least a small bit of prep time to it.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:10 pm

More mindless Nightshade history building.

Background:

It's interesting to see how much of this character has grown since I firs started playing it...

Last edited by Sobana on Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : meh, typo)
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:50 pm

That was a typo, not a crit. It was 27, not 37. I would of mentioned if it was a natural 20.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:38 pm

Oh. Um...

>_>
<_<

Goooooooal! Enjoy the free information happy birthday!
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:48 pm

I haven't really read the post, so feel free to make an emergency edit.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:11 pm

An edit has been made.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:14 am

And chaos reigns...
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:40 am

On retrospect, I'm kinda disappointed the papers didn't spontaneously catch on fire when Nightshade rolled a 1 while touching them...

-2 points for GM~ =p
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:54 am

No answer from the major?
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:23 pm

Sobana wrote:On retrospect, I'm kinda disappointed the papers didn't spontaneously catch on fire when Nightshade rolled a 1 while touching them...

-2 points for GM~ =p

You rolled a 10.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:12 am

Really? I thought it was a 1.

*skitters off to check*

Nope, it was a 1.

The member 'Sobana' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 1

GM must of failed spot check. =p
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:36 am

Wait, unless you mean you combined the roll I said I got from invisable castle with the site one and averaged the two out. Then you are a better GM then I thought. ._.

Also I made a bit of a mistake in my last post. I wanted to use my ability "he did it!" just to see it work but I couldn't figure out a target to use it on besides another player and I didn't want to do that. Then after I got to work I realized there was a guard at the door I could of used it on and I was like doh. So I'm going to try to re-edit my post from my phone to include that ability so it might look a bit butchered...
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:20 pm

I misinterpreted what you meant by the nat 1.  I see it now.  Nat 1 results can fluctuate by circumstance.

Worth pointing out that He Did It explicitly states that it's less likely to work if someone is looking right at you when you attempt it.

I do find it interesting that I never said it was a guard.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:24 pm

Well, you never specified who else it could be besides a guard and that seems like the most likely case to deliver a simple message like that.

He Did It seems like a more tricky and situational ability to use now. Nightshade is a more sneaky stealth operator and that ability seems more likely to try to draw attention to the situation. I'll look for more opportunities to use it tho.

The mechanics of the game feels like it's hard to set up things in advance. My whole reason for Nightshade to take the papers was to use as a fake bargaining chip in case we ever ran into coin members. She was going to try to pass it off as a "powerful weathering controlling spell" that she 'stole' from stomp in exchange for information or a favor from them. I was going to play it off as it looking fancy enough to seem legit to the untrained eye but was really incomplete and offered no real information.

Ha, that would have been a great story set up....
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:17 am

Alright, I'm going on vacation to a con so most of my future posts will be on the phone so I'm switching to silent observation mode until like Monday. Thanks.
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:32 am

Thanks for the heads up on that.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:00 pm

So... I don't actually know how to continue.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next