Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights

+4
sunbeam
Elacular
Dusk Raven
Crystalite
8 posters

Page 10 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24 ... 39  Next

Go down

Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Page 10 Empty Re: Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights

Post  Copper Rose Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:38 am

"Let's get to work, shall we?" Water says, flying off to help and Soft following, both taking their own glances back at Wandering Eye to make sure he's following too.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:47 am

Bubbling Springs bites back a retort as he looks around, noting how similar the semi-controlled rushing was to the circling of the wagons when predators attacked in the desert. Everyone in their proper place, he reflects. "I'll get her." He says shortly. "What do I call you?"

OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:07 am

"So, close off the alleyways, but not too much... easier said then done, I'd say." Wandering Eye quickly follows after the twins, eyes peeled for any threats or things to seal off the alleyways with...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:15 am

sunbeam wrote:Bubbling Springs bites back a retort as he looks around, noting how similar the semi-controlled rushing was to the circling of the wagons when predators attacked in the desert. Everyone in their proper place, he reflects. "I'll get her." He says shortly. "What do I call you?"

OOC:

((That's your cue, MJ.))

"...A-0, or you can call me Dash if you really want," she replies.

Dusk Raven wrote:"So, close off the alleyways, but not too much... easier said then done, I'd say." Wandering Eye quickly follows after the twins, eyes peeled for any threats or things to seal off the alleyways with...

Wandering Eye can occasionally catch glimpses of the guard at the edge of town, but without stopping to look at them can't make out what they're up to. ((Perception, if you feel like it.))

He does see rather quickly that several pegasus have been devoted to gathering boards, barrels, and other heavy, bulky things to hide behind, and dumping them unceremoniously in piles arond town. Conveniently, one such pile happens to be nearby.

Water Drop hears Rainbow's voice through the hairclip. "O-1! We have a fire starting on House number... 12, couple doors down from you. Get it put out before it's too big!"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:32 am

"On it!" The twins rush to the house Dash mentioned, Water Drop looking around for any nearby water sources.
Perception:
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:41 am

((You can change it later if you want.))

Being a pegasus, Water Drop's brain chooses that moment to remember an important aspect of weather crafting; water also exists as a vapor in the air. She also notices it's a little humid today; and, with a rare mix of effort and genius belying her normal skill, she is able to pull a nice sized blob of water out of the air with her wings and form it into a convenient cloud form on the run.

However, they are soon confronted with another issue. Upon reaching the house in question, the discover the door is locked. Luckily, several windows are open... But they're all upstairs windows. You can't see any imminent signs of fire from out here.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:03 pm

Water leaves pushes the cloud inside the house through one of the open windows before flying down to pick up an again unhappy Soft and help her through one of the open windows, before going through herself. Once inside, the twins start looking around for where the fire might be.
Perception:
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:42 pm

A small filly whose name was the same as her coat color stood next to a house, watching and wondering what was going on. When everybody had disappeared, she hid (and she was very good at hiding) but this was something different. It wasn't like when her master scooped her up from Friendship Gardens. This was something bigger than her.

"Lavender, it is probably best that we seek shelter, or leave immediately with the rescue ponies who appear to be nearby. This does not seem like a safe situation for either fillies or teddy bears." Teddy was sitting on the ground next to her, his face all scrunched up. Teddy was right, like he usually was. It wasn't safe. It wouldn't be safe for him, or anypony. She grabbed him, and in a practiced motion, swung him over onto her back.

"Right, it's not safe. And what do friends do? They look out for each other when they're in trouble. I'm gonna keep everybody safe, including you!" With that, she stepped out into the road, and began scanning for any sign of whatever it was that got everybody so worked up.

ooc:
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:15 pm

Skill Check:

Wandering Eye immediately sets upon the stockpile of barricading supplies, and begins to form a proper barrier - after checking to see what would be the most optimal place, of course.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:42 pm

"I'll call you Dash if I need your attention, A-0." Bubbling Spring replies, spying the filly and running forward. "Come with me, kid. We need to get you out of the danger zone." He readies his magic to grab the filly in case she tries to run away (in the wrong direction).

OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:54 pm

But-But-"Lavender could help. She had been her master's full assistant, she made Teddy, she'd been hiding from him for a year. She didn't want to just leave. ANd what if they tried to take Teddy, like others ponies had? Slowly she edged towards him, thinking fast. "What's wrong, mister?"
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:02 pm

Bubbling Spring rolls his eyes at the filly's slow movements and lifts her onto his back, hurrying through the crowd. "Ponyville is being attacked. There's smoke in the air and fire in the streets. Haven't you noticed?" He says, flicking his tail towards a house that a pegasus and a unicorn had just entered, with flames licking out of various openings.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:53 pm

Lavender pouted, even though the unicorn couldn't see her. "Yeah, but by who? And where are we going?"
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:16 pm

Copper Rose wrote:Water leaves pushes the cloud inside the house through one of the open windows before flying down to pick up an again unhappy Soft and help her through one of the open windows, before going through herself. Once inside, the twins start looking around for where the fire might be.
Perception:

((No more Nat 20, but your roll was high enough.))

As the the twins go through the house, they both find something quite startling.

Glowing Soft finds the fire in the kitchen. From the looks of things, they were trying to cook dinner when the emergency began, and both failed to turn of the stove and spilled some oil, which happened to fall on the hot stove, and perhaps a pile of papers ... A perfect beginning for a fire. It has since spread to the rest of the counter; while it is burning, it's still intact. If she can put it out right now she might even be abpe to save it.

Water Drop finds something else in the nearhy living room. Evidently somepony was missed in Discords mass teleport; however, the bright yellow mare in front of her doesn't seem at all concerned by this, or the fire blazing merrily in the next room over... In fact, she seems preoccuppied with packing things into a briefcase; she doesn't even seem to notice Water Drop watching...

Dusk Raven wrote:
Skill Check:

Wandering Eye immediately sets upon the stockpile of barricading supplies, and begins to form a proper barrier - after checking to see what would be the most optimal place, of course.

The soldiers appear to have begun fighting; however, it's mostly ranged combat done with arrows and magic missiles, and you can't see who they're fighting.

You do see an alley way that is just about perfect; a wall in the back means one side done already. And somebody thoughtfully left a ladder leaning against one side; a good fall-back point or even a full esape route. Wandering Eye finds rolling barrels to be easiest, and starts with one of those. He is soon joined by an orange mare dragging planks, assisted by a rope in her teeth...

((I'll let you roll barrels around for free, but anything more meaningful will require skill checks. Be imaginative, don't make me tell you what to do. Also, check your PM.))

mjh6 wrote:Lavender pouted, even though the unicorn couldn't see her. "Yeah, but by who? And where are we going?"

Lavender Rain and Bubbling Spring quickly note a nearby alley with a barricade in progress. A tan unicorn and an orange earth pony are working on it, but some good timing could get you in and out without getting in thier way...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:32 am

"My level of detail extends to 'a bunch of threatening-looking ponies in black robes. I've been told to take you somewhere safe, like right there." Bubbling Springs says, deftly maneuvering around a barrel and dropping the lavender filly on the other side. "Stay there and try not make anyone take heroic risks to save your life." He orders her, shaking his head as he said it. Too many adventure novels in the library. He thought to himself, jumping over a barrel and hurrying back into the bustle. "A-0, the filly is in a solid-looking barricade. I think she might try to leave on her own. Is there anywhere else you need me?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:39 am

Lavender yelped. "You can't do that!" She was suddenly interrupted by the sound of an explosion exactly fifty feet behind her. Just after the sound broke, she darted forward as stealthily as she could under the circumstances.

ooc:
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:03 am

Wandering Eye looks over the newcomer briefly, before reaching an unspoken agreement, beginning to moving the barrels into position, blocking the alleyway off so no enemies will get through.

(Based on my admittedly limited understanding of the situation)
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:35 am

(I'm just gonna switch the two in regards of who found what, ok?)

Water Drop immediately pushes the water cloud toward the flame, forcing it to condense where the flames are, but just above the surface where the oil is so that she doesn't spread it around.

Glowing Soft approaches the mare. "Uhm, excuse me, ma'am? You need to evacuate the premises, Ponyville is, er, under attack, and we need to get you somewhere safe. There are some ponies who can get you to a safe place just outside..."
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:22 pm

mjh6 wrote:Lavender yelped. "You can't do that!" She was suddenly interrupted by the sound of an explosion exactly fifty feet behind her. Just after the sound broke, she darted forward as stealthily as she could under the circumstances.

ooc:

The orange mare jumps in surprise at the sound of the "explosion"; but, upon seeing the destruction (or lack thereof) also notices Lavender's horn, and seems to figure out what you just tried to pull.

"Enough o' that," she drawls in a country way. "Y'all need to stay put, it's dangerous out here! An Ah need to talk to Discord about his fancy 'escape plan'..." she grumbles, dropping the planks and running off, presumably to find more...

Copper Rose wrote:(I'm just gonna switch the two in regards of who found what, ok?)

Water Drop immediately pushes the water cloud toward the flame, forcing it to condense where the flames are, but just above the surface where the oil is so that she doesn't spread it around.

Glowing Soft approaches the mare. "Uhm, excuse me, ma'am? You need to evacuate the premises, Ponyville is, er, under attack, and we need to get you somewhere safe. There are some ponies who can get you to a safe place just outside..."

Water Drop's efforts are succesful... to a degree. The fire does diminish when you rain on it's parade across the counter, but it marches on in spite of you!

Meanwhile, the yellow earth pony freezes at the sound of Glowing Soft's voice. She turns around slowly to face you... And leaps towards you!

((Roll Initiative.))
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:57 pm

Lavender pouted again. Of course she knew it was dangerous! That's why it was better she got hurt than somepony who was a real pony."But I can help!" This time she didn't even bother to hide, just bolting to the barricade suddenly.

ooc:
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:42 pm

Bubbling Spring jerks back around at the sound of an explosion and leaps back over the barricade, very confused to find everything more or less how he left it. He registers that the lavender filly is trying to run away again and picks her up with his magic again, bringing her to eye level. "Kid, Where exactly are you trying to go right now? Do you have someplace you need to be?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:15 pm

Lavender's scowl deepened.  "I'm not a kid, and I can help! Tell him, Teddy!"

Lavender could feel Teddy shifting as he moved to look the unicorn in the eye. "While Miss Lavender is indeed young, she is also a very resourceful, self-reliant  and most importantly, stubborn filly. I'm afraid any attempts to keep her away from the action would be wast of your valuable time and it would be ultimately safer to ensure that she is looked after in a controlled environment, then risking her going off by herself.

Lavender crossed her forelegs and said, "Hmmph."at this, but didn't otherwise object.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:12 pm

Bubbling Spring does a double take when the stuffed animal sits up, but listens to what he says. "I was starting to get a feeling about that last bit." he says, sighing as he lifts the filly onto his back, now making an effort to keep the teddy bear in place as well. "A few rules: You'll stay with me at all times, you'll do what I say, and you won't wander off to investigate things. If you see something you want to get involved in, tell me, and we'll both go." He maneuvers back around the growing barricade and takes off his hair pin, this time speaking directly into it. "A-0, this is H-6. The filly is as safe as she's going to be. I need more work." He scans the skies for a rainbow flight trail, not really certain what to expect.

OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:44 pm

Water curses, trying all she can to use the water to put out the fire. (Do I need to roll something here?)

Soft yelps, jumping back and out of the way of the mare. "I'm not here to attack you or steal anything, I-... wait, are you stealing stuff!?"
Initiative roll:
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:27 pm

sunbeam wrote:Bubbling Spring does a double take when the stuffed animal sits up, but listens to what he says. "I was starting to get a feeling about that last bit." he says, sighing as he lifts the filly onto his back, now making an effort to keep the teddy bear in place as well. "A few rules: You'll stay with me at all times, you'll do what I say, and you won't wander off to investigate things. If you see something you want to get involved in, tell me, and we'll both go." He maneuvers back around the growing barricade and takes off his hair pin, this time speaking directly into it. "A-0, this is H-6. The filly is as safe as she's going to be. I need more work." He scans the skies for a rainbow flight trail, not really certain what to expect.

OOC:

There is a disturbing lack of rainbow contrails in the sky...

"Mommy's busy, H-6! Look around and pick some-oof! Take that!"

Most of the chaos seems to be at the edge of the city. However, there is a general tension that tells you that could change any moment...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24 ... 39  Next