Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Derp Quest: The First Muffin

5 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Derp Quest: The First Muffin - Page 5 Empty Re: Derp Quest: The First Muffin

Post  Colter Bolt Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:12 pm

Grigok picks up his ticket and looks at the bagged cat. "So, who are you pretending to be, so we can pretend you are who you're pretending to be."
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:45 pm

"I think the name's Caramel. Not sure, though, you ponies all look the same to me," Kogu replies, examining his hoof in a bored manner. "Except for the ones who aren't ponies, of course."
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:21 pm

((Okay, it's pretty clear to me that Whiteeyes isn't gonna back for a while. I'm gonna manage Thundering Flute for a bit and get things moving along, and hope he doesn't take offense...))

((I'm also going to assume you know where the train station is.))

You leave Derpy's house, tickets in hand (or hoof, or claw, or paw) and head for the train station.

Sure enough, there's a none too modest line to board the appropriate train.

"Ah nuts," the hippogriff complains. "I'm not waiting in line. I'm gonna go pick some stuff up at home, I'll catch up later," she declares, and begins walking (waddling?) off towards the town.

Will you wait in line? Or follow Thundering Flute's example and go look around town a while and hope the line is gone when you return?

((Read as: Go look for side quests, or time-skip; take your pick.))
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:24 am

Falls looks at the baby dragon, but quickly looks away. Something she had done the entire walk to the station.
((Standing in line, offering player interaction))
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:15 am

"Is there something bothering you?" Grigok asks, annoyed. "You've been doing that for quite some time now."
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:57 am

"Is something bothering me? No, why would it?" Kogu replies with a straight face.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:02 pm

Colter Bolt wrote:"Is there something bothering you?" Grigok asks, annoyed. "You've been doing that for quite some time now."
"Oh...sorry. It's just...you're a baby dragon! Not that there's anything wrong with that! I've just never met one before."
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:00 pm

"Well, baby dragons are an uncommon sight. Though I am pretty sure that there's another baby dragon here. I think his name is spark or something like that."
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:34 pm

Colter Bolt wrote:"Well, baby dragons are an uncommon sight. Though I am pretty sure that there's another baby dragon here. I think his name is spark or something like that."
"Really?!" Falls looks around at the station, trying to find said other dragon, before it occurs to her that he probably meant 'in Ponyville'.
"Oh...uh...yeah. I spend most of my time on weather patrol, so I don't meet a lot of the ground folk. Not that there's anything wrong with not being able to fly! Or that I'm assuming you can't fly! Can you fly?! I DIDN'T THINK BABY DRAGONS COULD FLY BUT I ALSO DIDN'T THINK CATS COULD TALK AND HERE WE ARE!" Falls realizes that she was just yelling and blushes in embarrassment as she hangs her head and takes a deep breath.
"...so can you fly?"
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:43 pm

Grigok sighs. "No, and that's why I'm here. I got lost during the Great Dragon Migration, and found this place."
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:34 pm

As you approach your turn to board, a director stops each of you to punch your ticket.

As Kogu takes his turn, the director raises an eyebrow an eighth of an inch... but punches the ticket anyways with a slight shrug.

He bought it. You are now ON THE TRAIN....
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:45 pm

Grigok looks back. "I do hope that the hippogriff gets back before the train leaves."

Last edited by Colter Bolt on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:16 pm

Quietkal wrote:
"I DIDN'T THINK BABY DRAGONS COULD FLY BUT I ALSO DIDN'T THINK CATS COULD TALK AND HERE WE ARE!" Falls realizes that she was just yelling and blushes in embarrassment as she hangs her head and takes a deep breath.

Kogu glares at Falls. "Cat? What cat? Gondor has no cat. Gondor needs no cat."

Grey Pen wrote:As you approach your turn to board, a director stops each of you to punch your ticket.

As Kogu takes his turn, the director raises an eyebrow an eighth of an inch... but punches the ticket anyways with a slight shrug.

He bought it. You are now ON THE TRAIN....

Impressive precision, Kogu thinks idly, although when I say "Impressive precision", I mean a somewhat less intelligent-sounding substitute more along the lines of "How'd he raise his eyebrow exactly an eighth of an inch... and come to think of it, how do I know it was exactly an eight of an inch anyway?" Distracted with such philosophical questions, he accidentally bumps into Falls. Without apologizing (he is a cat, after all), he simply goes around her and sits down on a random unoccupied seat.

Colter Bolt wrote:Grigok looks back. "I do hope that the hippogriff gets back before the train leaves."

Huh. His text color changed. Wonder why... wait, what's a text color? Kogu wonders idly. "He/she/it will be here eventually, I'm sure."
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:45 pm

Colter Bolt wrote:Grigok sighs. "No, and that's why I'm here. I got lost during the Great Dragon Migration, and found this place."
"Oh...well...this is a pretty nice place to get lost...granted we're leaving it, but still!" Falls attempts a comforting smile, but it doesn't quite get there.
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Kogu glares at Falls. "Cat? What cat? Gondor has no cat. Gondor needs no cat."
Falls just looks at the cat with a paper bag on his head, not understanding where he's going with this. "Who's Gondor? I thought you were Kogu...?"
Colter Bolt wrote:Grigok looks back. "I do hope that the hippogriff gets back before the train leaves."
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Distracted with such philosophical questions, he accidentally bumps into Falls. Without apologizing (he is a cat, after all), he simply goes around her and sits down on a random unoccupied seat. "He/she/it will be here eventually, I'm sure."
"Sorry! Wasn't watching where I was going. And yeah, she seems like she'll turn back up." Falls sits down next to him and looks knowingly out the window. "Oh yes," she adds speaking to the camera panning out from the train, "She'll show up."
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:17 pm

Quietkal wrote:
Falls just looks at the cat with a paper bag on his head, not understanding where he's going with this. "Who's Gondor? I thought you were Kogu...?"

"No, I'm Caramel, remember? Yeesh, your Name Amnesia is getting worse by the day," Kogu "mutters" audibly. Hopefully the pegasus would get it eventually.

Quietkal wrote:"Sorry! Wasn't watching where I was going." Falls sits down next to him.

Kogu snickers quietly. She was apologizing for him bumping into her! Hah! Too funny! He'd have to see if he could exploit this for giggles later.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:23 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:"No, I'm Caramel, remember? Yeesh, your Name Amnesia is getting worse by the day," Kogu "mutters" audibly. Kogu snickers quietly.
Falls stares at the cat for a moment before the whole thing about the paper bag hits her. "Ohhh! Righhhht! Caramel. Wink." She matches a very obvious wink as she says the last word.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:33 pm

Kogu rolls his eyes. Close enough, he supposed, but "wink"?

Kogu's reaction:

"Yup, Caramel. Because that is who I am, as a perfectly normal Earth Pony."

Thrackerzod then whacked Kogu on the head and stole his catchphrase back.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:29 pm

At the mention of Kogu's name, several ponies stop and stare a bit, but nothing seems to come of it. One in particular, however, suddenly seems a bit uncomfortable...

((Read as: I've been rolling Persuasion/Perception checks for a while now, because I don't want to wait on Womf to do so.))

Thundering Flute manages to board the train at practically the last minute. Noticing you, she carefully takes a seat on the other end of the train, looking rather embarrassed...
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:22 pm

Several hours later, you arrive in Canterlot. You exit the train, and passengers start going off in different directions.

"I'm gonna go check out this donut shop I heard about," Thundering Flute says as she starts to wander off. "I'll catch up again later!"

Congratulations! You've made it to Canterlot without incident. Now what?
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:19 pm

Falls waves at the retreating hippogriff, before setting about finding the bank Ditzy mentioned.
Streetwise:
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:47 pm

((I'm gonna assume that everyone else follows Cascade.))

After about a half hour's walk, you manage to find the Bright Wind Memorial Bank, the very same as mentioned on your paycheck, and enter.

You come into a fairly large room, that has a fair amount of other ponies doing their banking, standing in line, or milling about; judging by the crowd, you've come in right about at rush hour, as everyone does such things on the way back home work. Finding an appropriate line for cashing checks, you move to the back and wait.

After about ten minutes, a large grandfather clock strikes 4:20. And everything happens at once.

Everyone gasps as the lights go out. Several distant BANGS can be heard, presumably from beneath the bank. You hear the sound of numerous ponies shouting. Periodically you see a flash of lightning, accompanied by a loud buzzing noise! IT'S TOTAL CHAOS!

Everybody roll:

Perception, so I can decide what else you see.

Acrobatics, to not trip over or bump into something.

And Stealth, to avoid whoever's doing this.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:24 pm

Rolls:
Falls starts screaming, despite her flawless ability to dodge whatever's happening.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:26 pm

"Donuts?" Kogu mutters. "We have a job to do and she goes for donuts of all things? They don't even taste good! Feh."

Not having any clue where this bank is, Kogu just follows Falls to the bank...

...and then, blackout. And the noise, oh the noise, oh the noise noise noise NOISE! As if Pinkie had been locked in a shop full of toys!

...if the toys shot electricity, that is. Darn that electricity, if anything was going to make it hard to see what was going on, it would be the flashes of lightning messing with his night vision. Well, at least his ability to sense kit would help him avoid getting hit by something, with any luck.

Various Rolls:
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:09 pm

Whats going on? A bank robbery? Grigok thinks, looking around.
rolls:
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:20 am

Falls:
Perception: 10 + 8 + 1 = 19
Acrobatics: Cutie Mark Critical
Stealth: 15 + 9 + 1 = 25

You aren't able to see much, except that the lightning bolts seem to be coming from pony shaped creatures.
You hear a loud shout...

"CAAAAAAAATTT!!"

Grigok: You somehow trip over a prone form that could have sworn wasn't there before, whirling around into another pony, who swings a weight towards your head. It knocks you down, and end up rolling underneath a desk of some kind. He stumbles around looking for you a moment before giving up and leaving. You are otherwise unharmed...

Falls: With an amazing grace you find yourself completely unharmed, evading everyone and thing, eventually (somehow) coming to the doors in time to see a number of ponies in black jump suits, carrying a number of unconscious ponies towards a motor car...

And a black and orange cat, who is also unconscious.... and bagless.

Kogu: PMing you.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next