Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Overseer's Challenge IC

+5
Curunir
Doc pseudopolis
thematthew
Xel Unknown
SilentBelle
9 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Overseer's Challenge IC - Page 8 Empty Re: The Overseer's Challenge IC

Post  Curunir Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:06 am

Hussar charges forward, running alongside the line of enemies, attempting to spook the cowardly creatures with his intimidating presence and rushing whistling of his false wings. He tries to clip the leader as he rides past, but misses as there is still dirt in his eyes- which he quickly manages to shake off.

Combat:

Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:33 pm

Maretoko begins concentrating while "chanting" "Loading. Please wait."
Action:
End of Turn:
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:49 pm

One of the new Kobolds fires another trapped bolt at Proto.

attacks:

Proto is up next followed by a swath of kobolds.

Start of Proto's Turn:
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:05 pm

Unable to stabilize magics for a power shot... Annoyed by exploding arrows.... Retorting with one of my own! says some text that appares above Proto form. Then the Auto-Ballista fires at the Leader with a magical version of the trick arrows that the Kabolds seem using at them.

combat talent:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:02 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Unable to stabilize magics for a power shot... Annoyed by exploding arrows.... Retorting with one of my own! says some text that appares above Proto form. Then the Auto-Ballista fires at the Leader with a magical version of the trick arrows that the Kabolds seem using at them.

combat talent:

The attack just barely penetrates the leader's thick armour. The bolt is stuck in the heavy shield, about to explode.

On of the kobolds channels holy light through it's enormous syringe. The light heals two of his companions and threatens to damage to your exposed retinas/sensors. Two Guards rush forward, and an archer shoots a crossbow, all aimed at the conjurer's pet.

Attacks:

Next up is Wandering Eye (blind until end of your turn) and Conjurer's pet (4HP/1pip, Extra Standard (negated by daze) Blind and dazed until end of its turn), followed by two kobolds, then Blitz.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:24 am

Blitz noted the fearful looks in some of the kobolds eye's, but the fear seemed to be mollified upon looking at their leader. "Comrades, these kobolds are cowards at heart! If we take out their leader, some may flee!"

OOC: Not my turn, but just thought I'd point it out.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:45 pm

Wandering Eye:

"EeeerrrrrRRRRRGH!" Wandering Eye was staggered from the blast to his optic nerves. Letting out a growl of mixed pain and rage, he tries to focus his power as best he can...

Spoiler:

Hound:

The hound snarled, thwarted in its plans by the trapped arrow. Regardless, it charged forth at Cleric 3, biting at it in fury... but somehow missing, its sensory abilities having somehow been disrupted despite it having no eyes.

Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:17 pm

Two of the kobolds move, One of the clerics uses the large syringe to inject an archer with something, then the archer fires bolt with unerring accuracy toward the conjurer's pet.

Attacks:

Blitz is up next, followed by more Kobolds, including the leader.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:44 pm

"Hear my words, kobolds! You may have superior numbers and the support of your "glorious leader", but know it is all for naught!" Blitz pulled out his wand. "For you have brought down the storm upon you, and there is no victory to be had here, only death!" He aimed the wand at the kobold leader and sent out a cascade of fireballs at him.

Combat:

Blitz charged up energy into his horn. "For I am Blitzkrieg, the Lightning Warrior! And none *Blast* Shall *Zap* Stand *Blast* In *Zap* My *Shoom* WAAAAAY!"

Special:

Blitz panted a bit as he stared in the area where the kobold leader and any unfortunate enough to be near him had been blasted back. He then warily looked over the rest of the remaining kobolds.
"....Run."

Stats:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Fri May 03, 2013 12:17 pm

The blasts of your lightning cut into the Kobold mass, penetrating the metal armour of their leader, nearly cooking him alive. The metal arcs from the leader's armour Killing three other kobolds in the process.

The now-bloodied leader goes to pick himself up, when Proto's bolt explodes, nearly downing him. Dazed, bloodied and blinded from the onslaught, holds up his over-sized shield and cowers beneath it.

Three more Kobold crossbow Kobolds enter the fray, hesitantly.

Actions:

New initiatives and Adjacency::

Next up is Hussar then Maretoko then some Kobolds.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Fri May 03, 2013 1:18 pm

Hussar was inspired by Blitzkrieg's attack, but unfortunately the job wasn't done yet. He nodded at his ally- he was probably right about the levels of these creatures courage, judging from their reactions and the 'eagerness' of the newest arrivals. Take out their leader, and the rest would flee. Hussar was on his last legs... one way or the other, this would probably be his last charge this battle.

"There's no shame in fleeing a superior foe, you know." he shouted at the kobolds, not knowing or caring if they could understand him, as he picked up speed.
"The shame is in following a leader who makes poor tactical decisions. Who sends his men, including supporting units, into the front lines while he cowers behind his shield. Who keeps you fighting not because you believe in him, but because you fear him more than you do your foes. You sir, are the real coward here!"
The last sentence he shouts at the enemy leader, as he veers to charge straight into him and his ridiculous shield.

Spoiler:

Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Fri May 03, 2013 2:43 pm

Curunir wrote:Hussar was inspired by Blitzkrieg's attack, but unfortunately the job wasn't done yet. He nodded at his ally- he was probably right about the levels of these creatures courage, judging from their reactions and the 'eagerness' of the newest arrivals. Take out their leader, and the rest would flee. Hussar was on his last legs... one way or the other, this would probably be his last charge this battle.

"There's no shame in fleeing a superior foe, you know." he shouted at the kobolds, not knowing or caring if they could understand him, as he picked up speed.
"The shame is in following a leader who makes poor tactical decisions. Who sends his men, including supporting units, into the front lines while he cowers behind his shield. Who keeps you fighting not because you believe in him, but because you fear him more than you do your foes. You sir, are the real coward here!"
The last sentence he shouts at the enemy leader, as he veers to charge straight into him and his ridiculous shield.

Spoiler:

Your charge cuts the leader and it's two companions down. In that moment. The rest of the hoard flees from you, dropping their weapons in the process. In a manner of seconds they have fled from sight.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Fri May 03, 2013 4:23 pm

"Hussah!" Hussar exclaimed, trampling the kobolds' crude abandoned weapons beneath his hooves gleefully, in particular making a point to demolish whatever was left of the kobold leader's cowardly shield.

"Speaking of cowards, do you have anything to say, great experimenter? We've missed your voice of late, no introductions, no 'grades'- your 'game' not going how you intended? This last round was beneath even you- at least all of your other twisted experiments seemed quite happy to do your bidding and fight us, at least until we ground them into dust, but these seem to have been practically forced to fight, like us. I doubt you would have bred such useless creatures, so have you brought other groups here besides us to battle for your amusement? Not sure I see the 'scientific' usefulness in that. Be glad you can hide in your labyrinth behind your minions, for I despise your particular sort of coward..."

It probably wouldn't do any good to taunt their tormentor, but it probably would do no harm either, he (or she or it) probably wouldn't care, and meanwhile it did make Hussar feel a little better.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Fri May 03, 2013 6:08 pm

Curunir wrote:"Hussah!" Hussar exclaimed, trampling the kobolds' crude abandoned weapons beneath his hooves gleefully, in particular making a point to demolish whatever was left of the kobold leader's cowardly shield.

"Speaking of cowards, do you have anything to say, great experimenter? We've missed your voice of late, no introductions, no 'grades'- your 'game' not going how you intended? This last round was beneath even you- at least all of your other twisted experiments seemed quite happy to do your bidding and fight us, at least until we ground them into dust, but these seem to have been practically forced to fight, like us. I doubt you would have bred such useless creatures, so have you brought other groups here besides us to battle for your amusement? Not sure I see the 'scientific' usefulness in that. Be glad you can hide in your labyrinth behind your minions, for I despise your particular sort of coward..."

It probably wouldn't do any good to taunt their tormentor, but it probably would do no harm either, he (or she or it) probably wouldn't care, and meanwhile it did make Hussar feel a little better.

"Oh, hah! I forgot I ever released those failed experiments into the lab's halls. So that's where my supplies on that floor were going. I'm surprised they lived as long as they did! It would have been a shame to be thwarted by such repulsive accidents. And, because you demanded a grade, why not?"

You hear a beep, and bright red text hovers in the open air:
Damage Output = 80%
Damage Mitigation = 78%
Luck = 85%
Tactics = 92%
Survival Rate: 100%
Victory: 100%
Risk factor: 45%

Total Grade: 83% (A)

"And because you'll whine if I don't do it, here's the light of reconstitution."

A glowing yellow light fills the room, and even that conjured beast phases back into existence beside Wandering Eye.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri May 03, 2013 6:25 pm

"Victory through valour... interesting."

Also interesting was the Overseer's comments, as well as the grade. So that's who we're up against... so condescending. Even if I don't make it out of this, I'm going to make sure somepony, or someone makes it to crush that smugness out of him.

The healing light washed over him... and the hound reappeared, looking idly about as though nothing had happened. Wandering Eye glanced at it for the bare minimum required to confirm its presence. "Ah, right on schedule... I'm not sure if its presence is a good thing or not. We'll see."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri May 03, 2013 8:50 pm

Blitz gave a sigh. "Thank you for that last charge, Hussar. I didn't expect that their leader would survive my onslaught, and when he started hiding behind his shield, I was afraid that his entourage would take us out before we had a chance to finish him off."

He looked over at Wandering Eye. "It seems that you and your beast managed to survive as well. Good work, but there is still much danger ahead." He glanced up at the ceiling where the Overseer's voice had come from. "Hussar did have a point, though: those kobolds seemed to be acting more out of self-defense than the inherent malice we've come to expect. It seems our captor is fully willing to make use of whatever poor souls he can get his hooves onto, then discard them without a second thought. ...Let us not tarry in this place, the path to the next floor should reveal itself to us soon."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri May 03, 2013 9:02 pm

Combat Spellset Updating, please wait... said some text above Proto.

OOC combat info:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Sat May 04, 2013 8:36 pm

Maretoko stares blankly forward, "ANALYZING...Recommend recommencing advancing..."
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sun May 05, 2013 4:35 pm

The tunnel continues onward in front of you, at the end of which is a solid metal door.

"Ah, now for the next real test." The door opens with a rusty grinding noise. "Don't be afraid to test the limits of your own mortality. You might just have to pull out all the stops for this next one. Heh. I do hope you'll surprise me.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun May 05, 2013 4:59 pm

"...Once more into the breach, comrades," Blitz said as he stepped through the door.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun May 05, 2013 7:16 pm

"...Once more." Wandering Eye followed, a grim expression on his face, the hound following behind, slavering.

"...It's not my mortality that frightens me..."

[Going to post my combat stats in the OOC thread unless ordered otherwise, since it'll be easier for me to find there...]
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun May 05, 2013 8:16 pm

Hussar gives Wandering Eye an odd look, although interprets what he said differently than what he probably meant.

"Well, good for you! Dying is one thing to fear, but one's mortality is an inevitable fact of life- there's not many that accept that! But whether you fear death or not, I plan on getting out of here alive, and on as many of you as possible doing the same!"

Hussar continued onwards through the door, alert for whatever new challenge awaited them. While he had just called their overseer out on it, he wasn't sure he liked their captor returning to their normal cheery mad self, after being relatively quiet the last couple fights.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue May 07, 2013 10:36 am

Wandering Eye smiled. "Don't get me wrong, I intend to get out of here alive as well. It's just..." His smile faded and his gaze drifted downwards, eyes unfocusing for a moment before he snapped back to attention. "Well, there's worse things to fear than death."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue May 07, 2013 10:48 am

Proto seems to have a loading bar slowly move across the top of itself as this chat happens... Thankfully it finished up after Wandering Eye's comment. And the auto-ballista next says. New Spellshot: Time-Jump... Cannot wait to try this out.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Wed May 08, 2013 11:19 pm

Maretoko stares forward, "Do not worry, you will not be a waste if you were to expire unexpectedly. And vengeance will be had."
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next