Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Overseer's Challenge IC

+5
Curunir
Doc pseudopolis
thematthew
Xel Unknown
SilentBelle
9 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Overseer's Challenge IC - Page 2 Empty Re: The Overseer's Challenge IC

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:47 pm

Proto charges it's magics to imbewl the blot with a bright light... Then the Auto-Ballistia fires the arrow that hits remaining target blinding it a little, but most of it's power was turned into light having it only do minor damage.

combat talent:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:35 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Proto charges it's magics to imbewl the blot with a bright light... Then the Auto-Ballistia fires the arrow that hits remaining target blinding it a little, but most of it's power was turned into light having it only do minor damage.

combat talent:

The daemon takes no damage from the attack.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:22 pm

Hussar sees the light from the ballista's attack out of the corner of his eye, pointing him to the location of the last demon. He raises his lance, and charges at his last foe.

Combat:

Last edited by Curunir on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:46 pm

Blitzkrieg was happy that the pony with the arm-band had managed to save the robot. He followed after the winged earth pony and smashed the last demon with his Thunder Hammer. "Die, hellspawn, and return to the fiery pits from whence you came!"

Combat:

Stats:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:43 pm

Curunir wrote:Hussar sees the light from the ballista's attack out of the corner of his eye, pointing him to the location of the last demon. He raises his lance, and charges at his last foe.

Combat:

Your joust cuts the creature open and it roars in pain, however it's acid blood sprays out from the wound.
Spoiler:

Lyntermas wrote:Blitzkrieg was happy that the pony with the arm-band had managed to save the robot. He followed after the winged earth pony and smashed the last demon with his Thunder Hammer. "Die, hellspawn, and return to the fiery pits from whence you came!"

Combat:

Stats:
The daemon nearly cumples under your ringing blow, but it's tenacity is remarkable, and so is the splash-back of acid from striking it so fiercely.

Spoiler:

Maretoko is next.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:58 pm

Maretoko continues to push buttons, until she stops and sees the actual button she was looking for. Her cyberlimb fires out a bright beam of pain at the remaining demon.
Spoiler:
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:55 am

thematthew wrote:Maretoko continues to push buttons, until she stops and sees the actual button she was looking for. Her cyberlimb fires out a bright beam of pain at the remaining demon.
Spoiler:

The bright beam catches the daemon off-guard and it crumples to the ground. All the enemies have been defeated.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:11 pm

"It is finished! Good work, everyone!" Blitz shouted triumphantly. His smile slowly faded as he looked up to the ceiling. "Alright, Mr. Experiments, we've won your little game, now let us out of here!"

He looked back down at his compatriots. "Even though I have just met you all, I thank you for your diligence and skill. I'm afraid I never got a chance to learn your names. I am Blitzkrieg, Battle Mage of Celestia's 43rd Battalion."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:40 pm

Text appears above the Auto-Ballista's head: I am called Proto, I was built by The Monster Overseer... This has been an odd battle test. Do fear if my powershot hadn't gotten a super-overcharge extra rabid fire... We might not have passed the test.

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:46 pm

"A pleasure to meet you all. I am Winged Hussar, captain of the 1st Banner Husaria of the Commonwealth."

He watched Blitzkrieg shout up at the ceiling. "I'm afraid it probably won't be that simple- our captor has said nothing about letting us go- and this was supposed to be a 'warm-up'."

He turned his face to also shout up at the disembodied voice. "Although Battlemage Blitzkrieg has a point, warlock, what incentive do we have to participate in your vile 'tests', if you are not planning on releasing us? If we are to die anyways, we might as well try to find a way out, in the hopes of you lying about your ability to cause us to explode? At the very least we would cause you some inconvenience that way."
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:05 pm

"Model designation is Prototype Armour-modifiable Combat Unit number 0-1-4."
and then PACU stood by, awaiting orders and modifications.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Doc pseudopolis on Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:19 pm

Question marks appeared to Hussar's comments, the Auto-Ballista was totally confused with this suggestion.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:10 pm

To the confused ballista, Hussar replied. "I'm not saying we shouldn't try to stay alive, I'm just asking our 'host' what incentive there is for us to help with their 'tests'- as far as I can see we are certain to die eventually in this place, each combat only giving us minutes or hours to live, whereas if we try to find a way to escape, I'm not certain that they can carry out their threat. I for one do not want to live the rest of my life as a test animal, running these tests only for a meal and time to rest. We should be promised more than that."
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:36 pm

Proto was only more confused... But life is testing? I do not understand...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:15 pm

"Ahahaha! Spectacular! You will do far better than I ever surmised. I dare say, the only way out of this facility is in the bottom-most basement. That's the only place with a permanent portal out of this realm. Oh, and did I ever mention I built this realm myself? It was such a trick to figure out how to bring living creatures in here.

But anyway, let's get to the important part: Your score! What good is a game without a score?"

Before you, floating magical letters and numbers appear for you to read:
Battle 1 - Results:
Presumed success rate: 50%
Estimated time: 36s

Luck Grade: 75%
Tactical Grade: 65%
Victory Grade: 100%
Time Grade: 73%

Total Grade: 78.25

"That's a solid B+! Great work! Now if you ever want to graduate, be sure not to fail! I'll be holding a graduation ceremony for you at the bottom floor of this facility! Oh, and do watch out for for the next challenge, if you thought those small useless demons could give your skin a tickle, then you're in for the largest laugh you'll ever have!

With that, a section of the wall opens up to reveal a staircase heading downward, strange electric lighting fills this new stairwell, it flickers intermittently and emits a consistent buzzing sound.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:22 pm

Maretoko scans the surrounding area "Threat eliminated, stand down murder protocol in 3...2...1...going on... did I black out again?" After regaining her composure she adds, "hi, I'm Maretoko, and sometimes I black out like that. Should we go down those stairs? They don't look safe."
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:44 pm

Hussar sighed, giving Proto a sad look. He supposed however able to control itself and even engage in conversation, it was still a machine. He had been willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, but it would be difficult to try to explain anything to it. He hoped his other two strange companions were more like ponies. Maretoko at least seemed reasonable now that she wasn't in battle anymore.

"Greetings to you also, Maretoko and Prototype Ar..." Hussar thought for a moment, that was too long a name. Couldn't shorten it to Proto... what would the acronym be... "Pamcu?"

He nodded at the new announcement.

"Not sure I believe you, but that's good enough for me for now. In any case, there's got to be an exit to this place somewhere. Although I'm alarmed at your attitude- at first you claim this to be a test, but now say that it's nothing more than a game to you?"

Not expecting a reply, he turned to his compainions again.

"I'm quite certain there's nothing safe about those stairs, Maretoko. But I'm sure we have no other choice at this time. If everyone's ready and rested up, might as well go onwards."

Hussar got ready to start descending the stairs.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:49 pm

"...I fear we don't have much choice. If our captor truly rules over this entire realm, then trying to escape the parameters of this..."test" would be futile. Still, you have a point, Hussar: escape awaits at the bottom of this facility, if we can reach it." Blitz gave a sigh. "Although the journey may indeed be long and arduous." He then started making his way to the staircase. "...I don't suppose you'd be providing some means for my comrades and I to heal ourselves, would you? You can't properly test the strength of us OR your creatures if we enter battle half-wounded," he said to the ceiling.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:18 am

Lyntermas wrote:"...I fear we don't have much choice. If our captor truly rules over this entire realm, then trying to escape the parameters of this..."test" would be futile. Still, you have a point, Hussar: escape awaits at the bottom of this facility, if we can reach it." Blitz gave a sigh. "Although the journey may indeed be long and arduous." He then started making his way to the staircase. "...I don't suppose you'd be providing some means for my comrades and I to heal ourselves, would you? You can't properly test the strength of us OR your creatures if we enter battle half-wounded," he said to the ceiling.

"Oh ye of little patience... Can't you see your wounds are already mending?"

Sure enough as he says this you feel a glowing healing light filter in to the room and your energy is restored.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:18 pm

Maretoko you don't black out but seem to enter a type of battle mode instead. Text that appeared derected at the fellow robotic who didn't know much of thierself commented by Proto.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:44 pm

PACU's eyes flash abruptly.
"Cleared to respond. Note: common abbreviations for designation are PACU and number 0-1-4. Recieving modifications."
The scope on PACU's gunbarrel disappears in a teleport being replaced by a series of small boxes following where it's spine is.
"Automatic repair active."
(Replacing Scope (hawkeye) with Basic Nano-repair unit (Lifebound Armour))

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:45 pm

"Alright, I thought there was an "M" word in there somewhere, but it's your name, Pacu it is then. Proto, while Maretoko did seem to do as you said, I would still consider that blacking out since she remembers nothing. I'm not sure whether that's a curse or a blessing, however."

Hussar shrugged off his heavy armor, leaving him with only his helmet and a few plates protecting his chest and neck. A medallion in the shape of an eagle was strung around his neck by a red and white ribbon. His armor had not really seen action last battle, and he hoped to be lighter on his feet and able to be quicker to join battle this time.

(Switching out Heavy Hussar’s Armor (Banded Guardian Armor) for Light Hussar Armor (Amulet of Extraordinary Protection), Helmet (Iron Shield), and Hussar’s Medallion (Talisman of Weapons))
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:41 am

(OOC: I've not got any change outs needed with my set up.)

Proto just heads moving forward and down the stairway deeper... Because that's clearly what the Overseer wished of it.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:57 pm

Blitz continued down the stairs, although he wasn't exactly looking forward to finding what lay below.

OOC: No changes to set-up.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:40 pm

You head down the stairs. At the bottom of the stairwell there's a metal door with a red lit sign that reads 'EXIT' above it. When you push the door open, there's a sign on the other side of the door above you, also in red lit letters that reads 'JUST KIDDING!'.

Once you are inside the dark room and look around, you see a big cylinder above you, there seems to be an eerie green glow emitting from it's top. You hear something moving inside the vessel and with a hissing sound, the cylinder topples depositing a large acidic blob upon the ground before you. It quickly rights itself into a perfect cube. Inside it you can make out a few white-bleached bones inside of it.

"Ah yes, this here is proof that you can give sentience to a liquid compound. Funny how the only personality that seemed to work with the transferal method was that of a serial killer. Good luck reasoning with it, all it knows is hunger!"
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next