Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge (Part 3)

+5
Broken Logic
Ramsus
Lyntermas
Azarune
Zarhon
9 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge (Part 3) - Page 2 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge (Part 3)

Post  Ramsus Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:36 pm

I'm pretty sure Vuln doesn't trigger off of 0 damage. Since then you could basically just ignore temp hp and resist and always deal someone their vuln number damage when you attacked.

Again I'll state the order of effects: Damage addition/subtraction > damage multiplication/division > Temp HP > Resist > Vulnerability > Check for dealing damage/losing life.

This means damage that's reduced to 0 before it gets to Vuln still does 0. Also attacks that are redirected before they deal damage don't have their damage effected by the initial target's temp hp/resist/vuln and instead deal with the end target's stuff. It should also be noted when the first two steps are occurring. For example, a weakened attack from a weakened person deals half damage no matter who it hits since it's halved from the origin of the damage. On the other hand, if someone has an effect that weakens a person as an interrupt to being dealt the damage and then that attack is redirected away before it could deal damage, most likely the damage is not halved for that third party.

Both of Zthulan's attacks there would suffer the -4 damage too I believe.

Edit: Oh, it's my turn. Guess I'll make that in a second post since this one is already very full.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:37 pm

Zarhon wrote:@ Rolf: Option #1 seems the funniest to go with, but with a minor alteration on my part, if you don't mind. Smile

What alteration? I'm open for ideas.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:51 pm

"Rolf, how many imaginary friends do you need to talk to in the middle of a fight?" Skitters says, distracting himself from the monotony of repeatedly stabbing the cultist as the Shadow picked up the fresh skullball and hurled it at the cultist, where it predictably exploded.

Spoiler:
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:00 pm

Rolf lobbed a Magic Missile at the cultist while Adara took another swing at him with her fire sword. "Hope this'll end it."

Combat:

Combat:

In summary, Cultist takes 10 total damage from Rolf and Adara. If that doesn't kill him, I'm going to use my precognitive powers to predict he'll do 6 damage on his tur-.

Wait, hold up...Horizon got KO'd, but then Zthulan revived him, right? Well, I think Horizon's got an ace in the hole then.

Last edited by Lyntermas on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:11 pm

Ramsus wrote:
Again I'll state the order of effects: Damage addition/subtraction > damage multiplication/division > Temp HP > Resist > Vulnerability > Check for dealing damage/losing life.

Temp HP goes before resist and vuln? That's weird. Are you sure? Wouldn't they be just before hit points?
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:17 pm

I am quite sure. It's because otherwise temp hp would actually be seriously OP.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:41 pm

How would it be op? It's almost like healing, but it doesn't stack. And besides the name kind of suggests that they are basically hit points. What are you basing the order off?
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:36 am

How it works in other systems and having asked Dan and what makes sense mechanically.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:33 am

Well I guess if the system creator said so (that's him, right?) I guess that's how it is.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:30 am

He's right, temp hp goes first. I always thought it should be the other way around, but I didn't make the game.

And if you're referring to this:

Armor of Unholy Vengeance - 3000 Gold
Armor
Once per battle, if you have been knocked unconscious (and are now able to take actions), you may use the following combat talent.
[+4] Remember Me? - Standard Attack [1/Battle]
Deal 4d10 damage to target creature.

That's my new stuff I'll be looking to get, since the other items were rendered more or less useless by the new update. I don't have it. I went all or nothing on that last turn- the fact that both the cultist and myself are still standing is rather perturbing (but since I did drop him to >0 hp, I guess it technically worked how I wanted it to). So now all I can really do is poke him a bit for emphasis, and then get wrecked.

EDIT: wait for it...
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:40 am

Horizon felt the bare bones healing magic wash over him. All it felt like to him was a boost of adrenaline keeping him upright a bit longer. "This is why... hate magic... worthless..." He shivered, and did his best to draw any strength he had left after that last outburst. The best he could manage was one overhanded stab with his kukri, letting gravity do most of the work.
Spoiler:
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:30 am

Everyone's combined assaults decimate the cultist, each hit practically dismembering him. His torso falls apart from his legs in a bloody, gruesome heap, losing hold of the scroll, and his jaw gets severed. As he tries to crawl to the scroll he was holding, his head gets smashed by a chunk of a brick, thrown by the girl on the barricade.

***Combat end***

"YAY! We won!", shouts Adara, as she once again smothers Rolf. "See you later!", she yells in Death's diretion, who appears to be trailing his scythe through the remains of the cultist. As He turns around look at her, she waves at him enthusiastically. He stares for a few moments, before waving back with a skeletal hand, in a slow, awkward fashion.

"YES. I SUPPOSE I WILL., he exclaims. "COME ALONG, YOU.", he then says to what appears to be thin air, before leaving the scene in a slow pace.

"He's always such a serious-face.", Adara remarks, whilst making a mock-expression of a serious face.

The cultist and his former undead minions lie (very) dead in the alleyway. His unraveled (and slightly blood-spattered) scroll still being clutched in his hand severed. The girl is shaking, and is slightly reluctant to go down, or jump down the high barricade, either out of fear, or height, or fear of heights.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:53 am

"Rolf, perhaps either you or Jeraylia should see if we can help her further. Once she comes down and she allows it I can treat any wounds she sustained." With that Zthulan makes his way to Horizon.

"We can't let you go in the next fight in this condition, you're practically running of fumes." Pulling out the same water-skin he gave Horizon early he begins the process of mending.

Roll Heal for treating Horizon: 4 + 13(Expert) = 17.

Should I roll heal for each party member? Or just one that applies to everyone?

Last edited by Azarune on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Why do I always leave out one important piece.)
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:08 pm

Zarhon wrote:"YAY! We won!", shouts Adara, as she once again smothers Rolf. "See you later!", she yells in Death's diretion, who appears to be trailing his scythe through the remains of the cultist. As He turns around look at her, she waves at him enthusiastically. He stares for a few moments, before waving back with a skeletal hand, in a slow, awkward fashion.

"YES. I SUPPOSE I WILL., he exclaims. "COME ALONG, YOU.", he then says to what appears to be thin air, before leaving the scene in a slow pace.

"He's always such a serious-face.", Adara remarks, whilst making a mock-expression of a serious face.[/color]

"...Yes, although I doubt he's got much options as to what his face can be." Rolf noted that he apparently couldn't see the dead cultist's...soul?...as Death reaped it. Probably for the best; it was enough to see Death without seeing dead people on top of it.

"So, you can see him, too?" Rolf asked.
"Well, yeah, but not all the time. But I'm a spirit, what's your excuse?"
"Oh, you know, looked at a magic orb from a civilization predating the dragons in a locked room in a temple, it activates, I see Death."
"...You really should be more careful about magic artifacts. One of them might just jump at you and try to kill you or something."
"...Duly noted."
"Although...well, you know it doesn't CHANGE all that much, right? I mean, he's not really out to get you, but he won't do you any favors either. Well, not unless, like, the laws of reality are at stake or something."
"I figured as much. I kind of use him as an early warning system."

Green streams of light started to circle Adara's feet. "End of target, end of contract." Adara sighs. "Well, if you run into any more baddies like that, feel free to give me a call. And, fair warning, Rolfie: if you do manage to save the city and stop the lich, I WILL be giving you a...proper reward." She winks as the green light envelops the rest of her body, then bursts, leaving nothing but green sparkles behind.

The cultist and his former undead minions lie (very) dead in the alleyway. His unraveled (and slightly blood-spattered) scroll still being clutched in his hand severed. The girl is shaking, and is slightly reluctant to go down, or jump down the high barricade, either out of fear, or height, or fear of heights.
Azarune wrote:"Rolf, perhaps either you or Jeraylia should see if we can help her further. Once she comes down and she allows it I can treat any wounds she sustained."

"...Hmm? Oh, right, the girl." Rolf made his way over to the barricade to try and access the situation.

Zarhon, can I use Telekinesis to bring the girl down (or at least slow her descent)?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:37 pm

Without thinking about it, Skitter has the Shadow go to catch the girl then go back to just being her shadow. At basically the same time he turns to Rolf and says with a smirk, "You're so desperate you're hitting on conjured creatures now? You wizardly types should really get out more." Then he walks over to the girl, realizing he might have to apologize for frightening her, and if not congratulate her on her aim.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:47 pm

Horizon removes his helmet, still shivering from the adrenaline and combination of death magic and life magic. Sitting down, he pours the content of the waterskin onto his hand in order to get a good look at it.

Skill check to know the exact nature of the "healing water" (if it's some kind of potion, or really just water that makes you feel better. +5 for FK Potions.

He then takes a swig of it anyway. Still reeling from almost shock, he looks around at the others. "So, wait... whose sex demon was that?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:10 pm

The girl mildly resists the shadow and telekinesis trying to pull her, but then relents, as she is carried safely to the ground. She hugs everyone in turn (Skitter and Horizon with a bit of reluctance) then goes to "hide" underneath Rolf's cloak, using it like a hood.

Jeraylia heals some of Horizon's wounds, but he's still a bit hurt (upped to 20hp).

By healing water, you referring to the one Zthulan just gave you, or the potion you got from a paladin, way back (which, unless I'm mistaken, you drank already).

Zthulan, roll heal checks individually, since not everyone at the same degree of "hurt".

EDIT: Broken, your "defensive blade" was brought back into the combat items (was omitted apparently), so no need to scrap that unless you want to. Very Happy

Last edited by Zarhon on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:39 pm

I think Zarhon meant Zthulan. I was like, what? When did I do any of that? I can make an assist roll to help Zthulan heal everyone, which would make more sense:
Assist rolls (including +9 heal): 25,13,16,18,18,24
5 rolls for the party, and one for the little girl who lives down the street. +3 to successful assists as usual.

Jeraylia pulls out a roll of bandages, and proceeds to help Zthulan patch people up. When she got to the little girl, she talked to her in a friendly, soothing voice.
"Hi there, princess. That was some amazing throw you did back there, hitting that meany from like a hundred meters away. One in a million. You must have an arm like an ogre. Lift your leg for second. Now, where are your parents, so we can help you get back to them?"

The question is a minefield.

Last edited by Broken Logic on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:57 pm

Making his rounds through the party Zthulan whispers something in Koras' ear. Which she responds with various growls and annoyed chirps. Giving her a cheeky grin the shaman shoos Koras off his shoulder and glides in front of the girl and joins Jeraylia with trying to provide comfort. She gives the girl a curious glance, head tilt and all, accompanied by this action are low coos and purrs pervading the air. However Koras glances a angry glance at Zthulan from time to time.

Rolls for Teh Healz:

Previous post slightly edited when talking to Horizon.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:49 pm

Right, meant Zthulan - mixed the two of you up for a moment.

Your heal checks, with the assists, healed everyone to full hp, excluding Rolf (25hp) and Horizon (20hp).

Zthulan successfully heals most of the party of their injuries, recovering all but Rolf and Horizon to full fighting form.

The girl isn't hurt much, apart from a few minor bruises on her hands (likely gotten from climbing or tripping), but Zthulan notes a few odd details about her: she seems slightly malnourished, seems to have a few days worth of dirt/filth on her skin and clothing, and one of her legs has a bracelet-shaped bruising.

Though Koras and Jeraylia's friendly attitude improves her mood to a smile, the girl doesn't reply to the question asked of her - she seems to be struggling, or hesitant, with speaking for some reason. She seems to understand what is said to her, as she merely gestures an uncertain "no" when asked about her parents whereabouts.

Horizon Heal Check:
The water is almost certainly non-harmful herbal mixture of some sort, and is probably restorative, though likely not in a drastic/immediate way as a magical potion would be.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:07 pm

Can I make an streetwise check to the nature of the "bracelet-shaped" bruising? I've got a hunch I know what it means.
Streetwise Check: 27 (18 + 9 streetwise).
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:16 pm

Jeraylia, observing the bruising, recognizes it as that from manacles - the girl was chained/restrained by the leg.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:24 pm

Is slavery a thing in Fezaris? I don't think Rolf would support it either way, but it gives an idea about whether this is illegal or "merely" immoral.

And now for the question: do we try to free the other enslaved children (if there are any) or do we continue on to the mayor?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:28 pm

"Don't worry, we'll take care of you, then," she tells her, mussing her hair reassuringly. She held back a few more questions, as she felt they were too sensitive to ask at the moment.

I'm wondering whose slave she was, if in fact she was. The cultists, or someone local (who might also be a cultist anyway)? Maybe she was just a captive.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:38 pm

"You know if anyone else is around here? More cultists or people that might be trapped in by undead?" Skitter asked the girl.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next