Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge (Part 3)

+5
Broken Logic
Ramsus
Lyntermas
Azarune
Zarhon
9 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge (Part 3) - Page 21 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge (Part 3)

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu May 30, 2013 4:30 pm

Zarhon wrote:I'll have those 10$ now, please. Very Happy

I wasn't betting you, I was betting all of them. But whatever enjoy.

Deciding, trying to find the gap in the armor was a waste of time (since the armor was what needed to die, not whats inside it), Horizon moved into action. Ducking the swing from the second suit, he grabbed its halberd, and through a quick series of maneuvers, jammed the other end of it into one of the armor's joints, ensuring that it would damage itself whenever it swung.
Spoiler:

Once he finished, he spun on the spot, kicking at the other Armor's knee, and then driving the kukri into its forearm, hoping to hinder it in a similar fashion as it moves.
Spoiler:

Finally, withdrawing his knife from the armor, he twirls it wildly, spinning, and letting his momentum find and devastate a target.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu May 30, 2013 4:36 pm

Um... Bronymous.... Frenzy says random creature. That includes us (including yourself). Why are you even using that move?
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu May 30, 2013 4:50 pm

Ramsus wrote:Um... Bronymous.... Frenzy says random creature. That includes us (including yourself).

Yep. You'll have to re-roll the Frenzy targeting to account for ALL creatures present, to see if you hit yourself/allies/conjurations, OR one of the enemies, and then choose to either apply or not apply your "where it hurts" interrupt to it (you cant use it for the flaming arrow unless the enemy had a save ends before that, being an interrupt).

EDIT: Actually, since it's an interrupt, I think you might be FORCED to apply "Where it hurts" before you know its target result (which means it might not do anything if there's no save ends, but still). It's a bit weird. I'm asking in the question thread on the situation.

Or you can not use it, of course.

As for the damage, unless I'm mistaken on how resist works, resist counts for separate attacks, so SOA2 takes 0 damage from the flaming arrow due to 5 resist.

Why are you even using that move?

Cause Horizon/Bronymous.

....Wait a minute. When did SOA1 go from resist 5 to resist 4?

Sounds like a mystery to me!
Zilean's Revenge (Part 3) - Page 21 Mlfw4284_large

Last edited by Zarhon on Thu May 30, 2013 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu May 30, 2013 5:04 pm

Uh... actually he should be able to use Where It Hurts on Frenzy. Since he did both Flaming Arrows first, their effect is already resolved. If he had been using Where It Hurts with them you would be correct that it wouldn't apply. But, it should on Frenzy (assuming he hits an enemy). Unless you're just house ruling that for some reason.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu May 30, 2013 5:14 pm

Ramsus wrote:Uh... actually he should be able to use Where It Hurts on Frenzy. Since he did both Flaming Arrows first, their effect is already resolved. If he had been using Where It Hurts with them you would be correct that it wouldn't apply. But, it should on Frenzy (assuming he hits an enemy). Unless you're just house ruling that for some reason.

I'm not arguing that - I'm saying that he can't use "Where it Hurts" on "flaming arrow" itself, since the enemies had no save ends before the "flaming arrows" (and "where it hurts" is an interrupt, so it can't be applied "before"). So if he wants to use "where it hurts", he can only use it with "frenzy", since by the time that attack goes off, the enemies have ongoing damage from the flaming arrows.

I'm also a bit unsure on whether, if he's using "frenzy"+"where it hurts" combo, he might be 'forced' to use that combo against his will (against a mis-targeted-by-frenzy ally, or a target without a save ends, wasting him a pip).

Like, if he has to announce using "where it hurts" before seeing how frenzy target/damage rolls turn out, and then be "obligated" to use it, OR whether he can just choose to apply it after seeing the results of targeting/damage rolls.

Edit: Got an answer, don't worry, you're safe!

Last edited by Zarhon on Thu May 30, 2013 5:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu May 30, 2013 5:24 pm

Okay, got a response on the frenzy+where it hurts issue...

The trigger for "Where it Hurts" is based on attacking a creature, not just "making an attack," which means the target has to be selected for the trigger to be available - therefore, you must choose to use it after you know who you're hitting.

Right, so, by that logic, "where it hurts" can't be applied to Frenzy if it targets an ally, and is done after the target roll is determined. Good news for you guys, I guess! Very Happy
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Thu May 30, 2013 5:29 pm

"Okay, you bucket of bolts. If thou wishes a fight, I will make it so your watering-can offspring will feel the dents of tonight's engagement!" Jeryalia threatened as she regained her balance.

Action:
Roll to save against vuln: 15 (13 + 2 [iron will])
Summary: SOA1 subjected to Mocking Melody (save ends) by Jeraylia, saved against vuln 4.
Jeraylia:

Last edited by Broken Logic on Thu May 30, 2013 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changing MMelody Target)
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu May 30, 2013 5:33 pm

Wait with your turns please, until Bronymous fixes his Frenzy roll (by rolling the targeting to account everyone in the fight now (allies, conjurations, enemies), or retconning it away) - post when you do Brony. Keep the damage roll for "Frenzy" and "where it hurts" as it is.

Also, I believe both SOA1 and SOA2 have a save ends penalty, since that thing is an aura from Skitter's minion. Very Happy
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu May 30, 2013 5:55 pm

fuck.

I thought it seemed to good to be true, I must have misread it. Ok, so, now I get to almost kill one of you guys instead. I think conjurations/pets/whatever count, so exactly how many potential targets are there? So I know what die to roll.

And I did know that SOA2 was probably not going to take damage from Flaming Arrow, but it was the Save-Ends that I needed for the combo. BUT, if Skitters conjured thing is constantly infecting them with a save ends, then that means I can in fact use Where it Hurts on the flaming arrows. Also, because where it hurts is not a separate attack, the 1d12 would be applied before resistance, so it would (hopefully) take damage.

I don't know exactly what you meant by "separate attack" when you brought it up, but keep in mind those +1s are because of a trait, not an attack.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu May 30, 2013 6:28 pm

You can choose not to use the Frenzy, if you want.

And no, you can't apply "where it hurts" to "flaming arrow" - Skitter's minion's "save ends penalty" is an trait aura, not an actual save ends effect. It did apply the "damage penalty" save ends against SOA2 earlier, but SOA2 saved against that on its turn.

And yes, you are correct - "Where it hurts" boosts an attack's (in this case, Frenzy's) damage directly, so it gives you a good chance of going through the resistance, counting as a single powerful attack.

As far as targets/status update goes, there are:
Rolf
Horizon
Jeraylia - vuln4 (Save Ends) <--- because the attack happened before Jeraylia saved against it.
SOA1 - Dazed (NOT save ends, lasts until end of turn), 2 ongoing damage (save ends) (flaming arrow)
Skitter
Dark Specter (Conj.)
Zthulan
Koras (Conj. Pet)
SOA2 - 6 ongoing damage (save ends) (Flaming arrow)
Rabiah - vuln4 (S.E.) <--- This is still here because I now realize Rabiah wasn't given a chance to save against her status on her turn. Roll a save, Kris.

So 1d10 for Brony's targets, if he is using Frenzy, and Kris makes a save ends against her vuln4, retroactively.

And PLEASE don't go out of turn anymore.

Last edited by Zarhon on Thu May 30, 2013 6:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu May 30, 2013 6:30 pm

Generally speaking you shouldn't use moves like Frenzy when allies far outnumber enemies.
Edit: Or in my personal preference.... ever.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu May 30, 2013 6:34 pm

Ramsus wrote:Generally speaking you shouldn't use moves like Frenzy when allies far outnumber enemies.
Edit: Or in my personal preference.... ever.

On the plus side, it fits his character, I guess!

Edit: Made slight edits to previous post, check em up for safety.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Thu May 30, 2013 7:47 pm

Well, if you hit me, I can always just misdirect it Razz.
I'll change my mocking melody to SOA1 because it makes more sense, because I targeted him last time, then. Updating previous post.

Another edit: Oh, wait, I couldn't misdirect that, since I only have 1 pip at that point in time (whoowhoooowhoo). Dumb nerf putting my strat off.

Last edited by Broken Logic on Thu May 30, 2013 9:50 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : dumb fab-nerf)
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris_The_Guest Thu May 30, 2013 8:09 pm

I rolled a five to save...I get the feeling that didn't work.

In other news, Rabiah is getting along with the Box Ghost on Tumblr.
Kris_The_Guest
Kris_The_Guest
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu May 30, 2013 8:23 pm

See, I tricked myself into thinking Frenzy was a pretty good move for my combo, because I misread creatures as enemies. I am reconsidering it, and will look for a possible replacement (that hasn't/isn't about to be nerfed and or worthless).

For now, I guess fair's fair, I used it. Reroll was a 4, not sure who that is. Not using Where it Hurts, so I have 2 Pips left.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu May 30, 2013 9:41 pm

If your Frenzy targeting re-roll got you a 4, then you pretty much lucked out by getting the best case scenario, which is hitting SOA1, who is dazed.

As a result, Horizon's turn dealt:

8 - 4res + 2vuln = 6 damage + 2 ongoing damage to SOA1, with flaming arrow #1

4 - 5res = 0 damage + 6 ongoing damage to SOA2, with flaming arrow #2

8 - 4res + 2vuln = 6 damage to SOA1, with Frenzy. "Where It Hurts" is applicable to this (for a total of 14 damage), due to flaming arrow's #2's ongoing damage save ends being present.

I assume you'll want to apply "Where It Hurts", Brony?

Jeraylia's turn then happened, and she put mocking melody on SOA1. And yes, Rabiah still has vuln 4, since she failed the save ends.

Meaning it is now SOA1's turn!

The heavily-assaulted suit of armor reels it's halberd over its helmet, then launches a powerful, cleaving strike against Rabiah!

SOA1 Turn:

EDIT: Bah, didn't notice Jeraylia saved against her vuln. Edited to target Rabiah, since she's the most obvious target to go for now.

Skitter's turn now, I believe.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu May 30, 2013 9:51 pm

Having seen his previous animated shadow slash parry its targets blow, Skitter decides to try it again on the other one. Meanwhile the first continues its harassment.

Combat Data:

Last edited by Ramsus on Thu May 30, 2013 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu May 30, 2013 9:54 pm

How did you get healed for 2 that turn?

There we go, you fixed it. Very Happy
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu May 30, 2013 11:50 pm

>>Quick Insert, I will indeed use Where it hurts. Back to 1 Pip.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri May 31, 2013 9:20 pm

I believe it is Zthulan/Koras's turn now.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:11 pm

Sorry about that! Anyway...

Seeing the strike against Rabiah, Zthulan launches into an attack that will sap the attacking armors essence. Koras continues her assault on the other entity but the armor shows no sign of damage.

Combat:
Stats:

Last edited by Azarune on Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:35 pm

Uh, according to the wording of the "bladespell" effect, the +3 damage is a separate attack, not something you add to your previous one (Reaction attack, "deal 3 damage to target creature"), so it would be counted by resist separately from Siphon life, meaning you only did 1 damage, I'm afraid. silent

I'll allow you to retcon and pick a different effect for the "bladespell" (since the 3 damage can't go through 4 resist, and no point letting you waste it). Edited now, it's temp hp to Rolf. Gotcha.

Also, how'd you get +2 pips if you only used a +1 pip talent this round?

As for the armor's turn...

The armor, magically forced to attack the Skitter's conjuration, does so by making another wide sweep of its halberd, hitting it, its master, and its master's allies simultaneously! The force of the blow is strong enough to not only damage everyone severely, but disorient them as well!

Enemy turn - SOA2:

Hm, you got both lucky (as far as Skitter goes) and unlucky (everyone else) there.

I believe Rabiah took 14 damage, due to her vuln - Is she still up?

And Skitter, you may activate your conjuration's death effects now - I assume you'll dominate both of them? I'll PM you what they can do with their current PiPs, once you all do your respective reaction/interrupts that you love doing. tongue

As far as it's "special" domination trait effect goes: it doesn't need to roll a save ends to remove it, it does so automatically at the end of its dominated round (which doesn't really affect Skitter's conjuration's domination effect any differently).

So, summary:

- Zthulan, re-pick a bladespell effect...
- Skitter, do your interrupts/conjuration death effects...
- Everyone else, do your respective interrupts that you like to do... (no reactions, unless you can bypass the daze somehow)
- Rabiah, do your normal turn now, assuming you weren't KO'd.

Note: Since you're all dazed, you can't do reactions, but you can do a interrupt (before the sweeping halberd applied the daze).

Last edited by Zarhon on Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:02 pm

Do any of us actually know what any of our combat stuff actually does? Also I think a 10 saves, though if you want to say it doesn't then that's fine too.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:11 pm

Yeah, 10 is a save usually.

Having 0 pips it'd be very difficult for me to react with anything.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:17 pm

Ramsus wrote:Yeah, 10 is a save usually.
Was it? Hm, that then means that there are 9 rolls you can fail on (1-9), and 11 you can save on (10-20), which isn't exactly even odds. Which do you find more fair, even or uneven odds of saving/failing on the save ends? I'll apply it to the previous save, if you want a 10 to be the minimum to save.

Bronymous wrote:Do any of us actually know what any of our combat stuff actually does? Also I think a 10 saves, though if you want to say it doesn't then that's fine too.
And if you have questions about your combat stuff, feel free to ask me for a ruling. Very Happy

Also, just realized, due to being dazed, you can't actually use reaction to the "Halberd Sweep", only interrupts (since those happen "before" the daze was applied). This doesn't include the conjurations death effect, since that's a trait.

Man, PbP combat gets complex REAL fast.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next