Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge (Part 3)

+5
Broken Logic
Ramsus
Lyntermas
Azarune
Zarhon
9 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge (Part 3) - Page 39 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge (Part 3)

Post  Zarhon Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:15 pm

Unless she's trying to get Zthulan murdered on purpose, probably the first one.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:38 am

That would probably just be a Nat1.  Also yes, I will take the Companion and replace it with That Was Intentional!

Nodding at Koras' he passes the information towards the others.  "Korashas staked out two potential sites. the northwestern corner and the southeastern corner. We should probably take the second choice, as it would mean less airtime for us and reducing the risk of detection."
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:32 am

Skitter nods in agreement.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:11 am

OH COME ON .gif . I leave for a weekend and they change Crescendo. I never even got to use it T_T. That was my only heavy hitting damage ability that I was saving for a boss fight. Can I still use the old version, Zarhon? I promise I'll only use it once per day Sad? I had lyric ideas and everything. She was going to do parodies of Dragon Force songs.

Oh, and I'm back guys Very Happy. Sorry i didn't post.PAX wireless was unusable. Too slow/too many people using it. Though it seems we didn't move far anyway Razz.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:11 pm

Isn't the "electrocute" talent a good enough replacement? I know it doesn't trigger vulns repeatedly or do aoe, but it's still decent damage/crit chances...
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:26 pm

I guess it'll have to do. It's just that Crescendo was a thing of beauty. With it's increasing plus damages, it had a base damage of 20 even if I rolled all ones, each part was a separate attack, so if something had something similar to misdirect, it couldn't turn the whole thing against me, and I had full control over every target. Compared to it, Electrocute is just a mediocre damage attack. Oh well. At least I won't have to spend half the battle getting enough pips now.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:14 pm

They just made a new version that's relatively similar to the original. (Not sure if it's in the official document yet though.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:39 am

Hold the phone, I think I've got another option that seems pretty tantalizing:
[-10] Royal Command - Standard Utility
You and up to four allies can take a Standard Action. If that action deals damage, it deals 1d8 additional damage.

Just as cool and easy to give a bardic spin. What do you think? Also, I might swap out "Take Aim" for "Demand Duel" if I drop Crescendo (and if Zarhon will let me), since I won't be rolling as many dice. It's kinda sad I can only ever do d8 crits if it happens XD.

Back to the story: What's the weather like? I wonder if Rolf or Zéphyrine could give us some inconspicuous cloud cover. Depending on the situation, I'd make that comment.

"If we are are all in agreement, let's get a move on, then," Jeraylia says in a low voice. "How do you want to do this? Shall we ask our elemental, here, to carry us from these buildings, or shall we make our way to the wall and have her lift us from over there?" She begins to look for avenues for a stealthy approach.

"Avenues" as in paths/routes/cover/hiding spots (as in not literally an avenue).
Perception: 14 (5 + 9 perception)
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:41 am

The weather is relatively clear, with a few clouds here and there. The moon occasionally gets covered by them, but not enough to darken everything. Zephy would need Weathercrafting to affect the weather by herself, but Rolf could use magecraft to try mimicking the talent's effects (or at the very least, give Zephy the ability of doing such). How much he could do would depend on the roll of one or both of them.  

And sure, you can take Royal Command, and/or swap out Take Aim with Demand Duel.

Try as she might, Jeraylia doesn't see anything that would give them an extra advantage in a stealth approach or concealment, other than the wall itself.

I think the thread is going to split from size soon again. I think I'll make an OOC thread when it does, to make things simpler to keep track of.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:50 pm

We've got like 8 more pages. Mine just now split, it was up to 72.

"Well I'm not getting lifted over by her, for two reasons. Firstly it is unreasonable and ignorant to assume that their guards don't have the capacity to glance up and just see us- flying overhead is probably the least stealthy way to infiltrate anywhere, barring lighting yourself on fire and running up to the front door. Secondly, I don't know about the rest of you, but when I was watching her do her little demonstration, there was a LOT of accompanying wind. It's loud, and a huge windstorm is certain to get everyone's attention on a night like tonight. And considering we have to ride that windstorm down into the compound, it'd be about as subtle as a dragon touching down." Phoenix begins walking away, taking an indirect route towards the northeast. "You guys have fun with that, I'm going to trust myself, on the ground, where I can at least do something to react if things go wrong."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:41 pm

Considering the upgrade the spiderclimb, can I climb up the fence now? (Not that I was exactly sure how the fence couldn't be climbed before.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:01 pm

Yep. Just roll athletics/acrobatics + stealth. You could do it prior to change as well, only thing that was changed was the clarification of the "holding/hanging on" aspect (which in this situation means you're the only one that can actually stand/move along the top of the thin walls, or hang on to them without supports.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:12 pm

"I'll go ahead then and see if the coast is clear enough for us." Skitter said and then went to climb over the fence where Koras had indicated.

Well, you had said something like that they couldn't be climbed so....

Acrobatics: 13 + 15 + 7 = 35
Stealth: 15 + 12 = 27
+5 if Heart of Courage applies.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:07 pm

The wall/fence can't be stood on top of (due to it being too narrow/thin/pointy - think Roman wooden garrisons), or at least, not without very good balancing/climbing skills.

Skitter effortlessly runs up to the wall and over it in a few quick leaps, without attracting anyone's notice, thus entering the southeastern corner of the camp. There doesn't appear to be anyone here, though he can see a single guard at the gate to his north, as well as another at the gate to the west, both on wooden platforms that let them see over the wall watching intently over it, and occasionally towards where the construction work appears to be in progress. Most of the corner is in shadow, hidden from the moonlight by the shack. The shack's entrance doesn't appear to be on this side of the corner. The only thing of note in this corner is a large metal disc that appears to be covering a manhole.

Map - updated:

Roll perception for Skitter.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:12 pm

Perception: 11 + 18 = 29. +5 if HoC applies.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:51 pm

Taking peeks from the shadows, Skitter notes a few extra details...

- There seems to be room under the shack, large enough to crawl right under - it is suspended slightly off the ground, most likely due to its hasty construction.
- There is another manhole cover to the north.
- The huge pulsating tent's "entrance" is on its south side. There seems to be some kind of magical barrier further within it, blocking further view. A single cultist then approaches it, and does... something. A small gap in the barrier then appears, and the cultist goes through, going out of sight as the barrier closes again.
- To the left, there appears to be a rather large pit.
- There are six individuals working to finish the wall on the south side, and four on the eastern side. There appear to be both robed and non-robed individuals on both sides.

Maps! So many maps:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:46 pm

Is there enough room under the fence for Skitter to open the portable hole under it so that people can drop into it and climb out on the other side? If so, he does that.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:45 pm

Nope, its dug into the ground a bit (it would pretty much topple over like nothing otherwise). You'd have to make/find an opening large enough for the hole to pass through without "bending" (assuming it acts like fabric) first.

Edit: So, are the others doing anything? Or you all waiting for Skitter?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:08 pm

A few things first just to double check. The walls only 10 feet right? I think we'd be able to make that with just a boost up. And Horizon has gone off alone, has he?
Suggested plan of order: Me and Zephy can give Rolf and Zthulan help over the wall, and then she can give me a leg up. Then she can fly over. I think it might be a bit quicker and stealthier than her flying us all over.
I'll assume that Skitter's given us the go ahead, and whisper this suggestion to the party.
So what do you want to do?
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:14 pm

Yep, you could boost yourselves over the wall, but there's always the risk of getting caugt/crashing...

And yes, Horizon went over to the NE side. Kinda waiting on him to roll doing stuff.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:59 pm

How silently could Skitter make a hole that would work?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:47 pm

I guess I will have made it there by now. Perception on the NE corner, specifically looking for workers or sentries near or within sight of construction #1, as well as how permeable the construction is: 15+10 (+FK illusions, maybe)= 25 (or 30). Saving Stealth for when I make my move. for now I'll stay back.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:16 pm

Ramsus wrote:How silently could Skitter make a hole that would work?
That depends on how you're making a hole (implements/method?), where (e.g. a weak spot, which you'd have to find first in some manner), and how fast you're willing to work (faster/more muscle into it is probably noisier). The fence/wall is wooden and roughly thick as a small log would be. Or do you mean digging? You'd need a decent tool for that, or it would take you ages.

Scouting out the northeastern area, Horizon can see that the construction is nearly done, with about a 1-2 feet width of a gap left to "complete". There are two figures working on it, but its hard to identify either, as they're both cast in shadows by both the wall/fence and the nearby tent. The newly-constructed sections, particularly the ones right next to the unfinished gap in the construction are probably not secured enough to withstand a serious assault, but the rest of it looks decent.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:20 pm

Well, I'm open to suggestions.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:43 pm

Any loose debris nearby that can be implemented? Rocks, bottles, bricks, +5 Rods of Holy Fire, anything like that? If not, we need to come up with a way for me to take out two of them without initiating combat (not grapple pls), since I don't think I can legally use AF's anymore.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next