Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2

+3
tygerburningbright
Lyntermas
Zarhon
7 posters

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:53 am

62 is teleported right next to Torque but well things do not go entirely according to plan. When 62 arrives he arrives burning with bright white fire that is almost painful to look at and very painful to him...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2

Post  Lyntermas Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:04 pm

"Oh, horseapples!" Torque telekinetically lifts some of the water from the box and tries to use it to put out the flames on 62. "Stop, drop and roll! Stop, drop and roll!!!"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:27 pm

"Oh dear," Sixty-Two said, looking down at himself almost curiously. "This is...quite excruicating, actually."

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:06 pm

(Taking the MP)

After a bit of casting 62 manages to dispel the magic that is feeding the fires. Luckily the burns on his body are not that severe and he can tell that the trap will not be resetting anytime soon.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:21 pm

After a few deep breaths and some very expedient panting, Sixty-Two looked up to Shallow angrily. "'What's the worst that could happen', he asks!"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:17 am

"Sorry, pon! But wat' do da' rest do now? Dere' any way of yah' sendin' us directly into da' box ah' water, so da' blaze goes out quick, or yah' prepared ta' snuff out da' flames? Or do we take da' crate route? Can't do any mixin' an' movin' inside of dat', I tink', so gonna be a bit more warmer den' it be for Torque. Hmmm... Actually, Torque, tink' yah' see any way ah' openin' da' gate from dat' side? It mite be less secure on da' inside!"
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:22 am

"Well, it's certainly a possibility, although considering this system is designed as much to keep ponies in as it is to keep them out, it might be just as complex on this side." Torque went over to the gate and tried to see if it could be more easily unlocked from the inside. "Let's see...well, the design is...oh, my, this is actually engaging. But I suppose if I...no, they've covered that option too. Imagine the care and design that went into this...into this whole system! Once we get in the mansion, I am definitely going to try figuring out who Mycop hired for this."

Rolling Mechanics... Nat 20 + 12 + 3 (Eerie Focus) = 35

Cutie Mark Critical!
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:46 pm

Lyntermas wrote:"Well, it's certainly a possibility, although considering this system is designed as much to keep ponies in as it is to keep them out, it might be just as complex on this side." Torque went over to the gate and tried to see if it could be more easily unlocked from the inside. "Let's see...well, the design is...oh, my, this is actually engaging. But I suppose if I...no, they've covered that option too. Imagine the care and design that went into this...into this whole system! Once we get in the mansion, I am definitely going to try figuring out who Mycop hired for this."

Rolling Mechanics... Nat 20 + 12 + 3 (Eerie Focus) = 35

Cutie Mark Critical!
After quite some in depth analysis of the gate's mechanisms it very quickly becomes apparent that the surface complexity is just the tip of the ice burgh. The main locking system is tied into a set of three wheels each acting as a separate combination lock all three are accurate in a degree of less than one millimeter. Additionally there are several seemingly dummy wheels and concealed buttons ,hidden among groups of decorations, that if not activated would prevent the tumblers from moving. Finally there are two countermeasures should someone try to directly tamper with the gate the first activates a lock down that would only be able to be overridden by a unique magical signature the other is a fail deadly system that would likely kill all or at least greatly harm most life within half a mile.

Despite all of this Torque has an excellent sense of what he need to do to open up the gate.

(OOC roll one more mechanics check at +15 was going to do a skill challenge but doing that now after a CMC well...)
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:51 am

...It...it was glorious. A wonder of mechanical efficiency, with precision and care normally reserved for works of art. Millimeter precise dials, back-up systems in all the right places, a backup requiring a personalized magical signature, and a fail safe system that could wipe out all living things in a half mile radius! Whoever designed this was a pony after Torque's own heart...ahem, apart from the whole "keeping slaves trapped behind a microwave fence" thing. And that last failsafe might be a tad overkill....yes.

"Oh, I'm going to have FAR too much fun with this," Torque said, as an almost malicious smile crept across his face. He telekinetically lifted some tools from his pouch and used them to start manipulating the mechanisms in the gate. "Have to turn this just right...oh, don't forget that decoration piece over there...make sure to get the order correct...oh, it's like putty in my hooves, it's so marvelous! Hah hahahahahahahaaa!" Torque laughed as one of the lightning bolts from Shallow's storm struck the shield overhead.

Rolling Mechanics...17 (1d20) + 12 + 3 (Eerie Focus) + 15 (Being totally awesome) = 47
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:21 am

"Erie...?", Shallow replied to the incredulously overenthusiastic pony. "I know yah' love yah' Voodoo like one would a pretty mare, but it be a bit off-putting ta' love it, in front of miss Bow. I don't know ow' ta' bury a first impression.", he said to the working pony, as delicately as he could. "Please don't judge, miss Bow. He is very nice and calm, just is' a bit too good wit' ones talent.", he weakly replied to the likely questioning lady.

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:09 pm

Lyntermas wrote:
Rolling Mechanics...17 (1d20) + 12 + 3 (Eerie Focus) + 15 (Being totally awesome) = 47
There is a series of three soft clicks as all the tumblers fall into place. Before anyone can try to open it an almost imperceptible breeze causes the gate to glide open.

Zarhon wrote: "Please don't judge, miss Bow. He is very nice and calm, just is' a bit too good wit' ones talent.", he weakly replied to the likely questioning lady.
Bow at this point seems to be trying to actively deny the existence of Torque. Going as far as to keep his entire body in her blind spot as much as possible and ignoring any statement so much as mentioning him...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:23 pm

"Erie, pon! Goooooooal! Looks like da' birdcage be open - Well done!", Shallow yelled, walking through the arch of the gate, after ensuring it was safe to pass through.

He then took his shovel and made sure to dig up mound of dirt around the edges of the now-open gate doors, preventing the gate from re-closing, by having them act as fairly decent door-stoppers.

Once satisfied with the mounds sizes, he moved to miss Bow, bowing slightly in respect of the lady, before courtly addressing her:
"Miss Bow, I would kindly like tah' ask yah' for assistance once more: Could you lead us tah' da' storm rod? Afterwards, if dere' not be anypon or anyting' inside of da' manor dat' would take kindly tah' our uninvited entry, could you inform yah' fellow friends' an' tenants ta' calmly exit da' manor and keep some distance from it? Dere will likely be a ratha' cathartic spectacle for all of yah' ta' witness."

Oh', and I don't suppose dere' be any valuable, or personal possessions inside da' manor, dat' Mycop carries a particular liking to, or would be saddened ta' see someting' happen to?"
, he said, with a well-meaning grin and sly wink.

Persuasion:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:58 am

Bow takes a few deep breaths to calm down before replying. " I can do that but I'm sorry, I don't know anything about his personal stuff..." She suddenly develops a manic gleam in her eyes "You could just burn the whole place to the ground."

The Bison then leads you all through the mansion and up onto the roof. Along the way you don't actually encounter anyone else however there is the neigh on constant feeling of being watched, usually from just around the last corner or previous door way, and the occasional clattering of hooves as someone runs away from the path you are taking. When you reach the roof the lightning rod is still standing tall and attracting lightning every few seconds.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:47 pm

"Ah, opens like a dream," Torque said smiling. "Come on in everypony, we're gonna raid this mansion and get Miss Bow and the other slaves out of....here." Miss Bow seemed to be actively avoiding looking at him. This, unfortunately, was not an uncommon experience for Torque. He had long known his...enthusiasm was off-putting to some. Still, it wasn't pleasant being considered some sort of maniac.

He watched as Shallow went through the gate and started talking to Broken Bow. Yes, it was probably best that he do most of the talking. Torque tried to fix his hair (it always got a bit ruffled during his more "expressive" episodes) and slowly approached 62. "Remember back at the university when I said you hadn't seen me crazy yet? Well, now you have."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Torque followed the others through the mansion up to the lightning rod. He was a bit curious as to why the slaves kept avoiding them. "Probably because they think we're Mycop's guests or something," he thought. Once they arrived, he asked Shallow. "So, what's the plan? Simply turning it off, or dismantling it for parts? Also, you...might want to ask Broken Bow about the location of any studies or vaults, and if she'd be willing to tell the other slaves about what's going on."

Torque started walking over to the lightning rod to examine it, then stopped and looked at Broken Bow. "Um, I can look at it later," he said self-conciously. Granted, the damage had probably already been done, but he didn't wish to aggravate his "reputation".
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:59 pm

Shallow took a moment to consider the manor, and its discreet inhabitants, as they trotted along. "Yah' friends appear quite shy, miss Bow. Can't say I blame dem', of course - dey' likely testified tah' da' worst of actions, and are unfamiliar tah' da' kindness of strangers, or otha'wise.", he spoke to Miss Bow.

When they reached the storm rod, Shallow took a few quick glances around it, and gauged the situation with the storm.

Streetsmarts, Perception:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:39 pm

Lyntermas wrote:[color=#3366ff]He watched as Shallow went through the gate and started talking to Broken Bow. Yes, it was probably best that he do most of the talking. Torque tried to fix his hair (it always got a bit ruffled during his more "expressive" episodes) and slowly approached 62. "Remember back at the university when I said you hadn't seen me crazy yet? Well, now you have."
Sixty-Two had been quiet for a while and foresaw himself being quiet for the immediate future.

Smirking a little and raising his hoof, bending it a few times at the wrist dismissively, had nothing to do with making noise.

Neither did following his mates up to the lightning rod, for that matter.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:26 pm

Zarhon wrote:Shallow took a moment to consider the manor, and its discreet inhabitants, as they trotted along. "Yah' friends appear quite shy, miss Bow. Can't say I blame dem', of course - dey' likely testified tah' da' worst of actions, and are unfamiliar tah' da' kindness of strangers, or otha'wise.", he spoke to Miss Bow.

When they reached the storm rod, Shallow took a few quick glances around it, and gauged the situation with the storm.

Streetsmarts, Perception:
Bent Bow quickly nods before excusing herself to speak with the others in the manor.

You can tell that the lightning rod doesn't have any actual defenses of it's own but you feel that if you were to damage the wire that is leading down into the manor something negative would happen.

You guess that the storm would either start striking the metal pillars or it would strike the manor.

While you are unable to tell where anything would be kept you do notice that all things that are powered have wires leading down.

You can not find any hidden rooms.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:46 pm

"Wait up, everypon. Someting be off about dat' wire, givin' me bad vibes. And I seen a lot more of dem' around da' rest of da' manor, leadin' down. I tink' dere' be one trick up Mycop's sleeve ta' reveal...", Shallow remarked. "I'm gonna go try an' find were' da' wires lead. Mite be more devices keepin' da' manor secured. Afterwards we mite want ta' ensure da' patrons of da' manor, and us, be safe from da' unrestrained storm."

Perception, Athletics:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:34 pm

Shallow manages to follow the wires down into the lower levels of the mansion but unfortunately the only path runs into a dead end at a almost out of place concrete wall. The wall is strong enough to prevent Shallow from immediately breaking it down...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:38 pm

"A dead end. Figures. Likely need da' othas'. Lets see if da nose knows..."

Perception:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:21 pm

Knocking on the wall reveals that it is very solid and is rather thick. There is a very faded almost unnoticeable sent that appears to go through the wall also you manage to see the remnants of some magic but the only idea that you have for it would be some sort of spell that effects the body...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:45 pm

"Well, someting' went past dis' solid wall... Dis' eitha' be a trick wall, magic, or a Devil Fruit.", Shallow spoke, informing his companions of the suspicious wall. "Wat now? Break it open? Doubt it be a wise action. Anypon got an idea?".
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:04 pm

"Well- soun's like tha wall was solid enoug'- unless there's a switch ya missed.  The trick migh' be in the one tha' used it though- if 'e coul' travel through oth'r matter like ya travel in dirt- withou' leav'n a trace.  

Break'n it would'a been my idea, ac'ually. Unwise?  If you'r worried abou' tha architecture, Ah'm sure we coul' fin' a way ta keep tha cieling up while we blow tha wall.  On tha other hoof, if ya thin' we can' do it, tha's pro'lly not the solution anywho."
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:17 pm

Well, I don't mind dis' wall going down, and not quite worried about da' ceiling or us bein' incapable of it, but I tink' dere' mite' be some measures dat' could trigger out of it, outside of just da' manor comin' down on us. Dat', or our attempts ta' break da' wall mite' cut a wire, and dat' is bound ta' be bad mojo. If dis' be a Devil Fruit trick... Maybe one of da' residents knows a ting' about it. I'll go talk ta' one of dem', see if I can learn a bit more about dis' place's more unusual, or less permanent residents. Wile' I do dat', 62, tink' yah' can use dat' book of yah' ta' do something about dis' wall?, Shallow said, trotting off to find miss Bow, or some other soul in the manor.

Persuasion:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:11 pm

You are unable to find anything that helpful. Most of the very few that you manage to find and talk to flinch and back away as soon as you ask about anyone that stays in the mansion. A few others simplely shake their head or shrug when you ask about Devil Fruit users. None of their scents match the one that you found.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next