Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge (Part 4)

+2
A1C Bronymous
Ramsus
6 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge (Part 4) - Page 21 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge (Part 4)

Post  Lyntermas Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:48 am

Perception...7 (1d20) + 7 = 14
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:51 am

Jeraylia can hear voices in the distance, and they're getting louder and closer. The exploding orb must have drew some attention to them.

"You are going into ze sewers? Mon Dieu! Zat place I would most razer avoid, indeed.", Zephyria pipes, poking her "head" through the tent.
"Please try not to get too dirty. I am ze one zat deals wit ze grime at ze end of ze day, after all. Now, unless you have any extra duties or changes of plans, I will relay ze message of your activities and status to your masked compatriot in person."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:52 am

I hope those sounds aren't coming from the east side. The sounds were coming from the west, right?

"Right, let's get going." Still holding up Rolf, she guides him over the the east side of the tent and, using her free hand, cuts open an exit with a sword. "Zthulan, would you mind using your marvelous mastery of fire to fill the shelter with smoke on the way out? A little courtesy to confuse our pursuers of the particulars of our exit." She quickly sticks a head outside to scope out the path to the manhole. "Zefy, do you see anything from up there that would easily catch us heading down the sewers? If not we're going to make a run for it, and I'd be ever so grateful if you could lift the cover for us."

Perception: 15 ( 6+9perception ).
Sorry for taking the group by the reins.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:55 am

"Flattery will get you everywhere," giving Jeraylia a wink, Zthulan begins preparations.

BREATHING EXERCISES!
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:23 pm

Zthulan easily blows a large amount of smoke within (and soon out of) the tent. This has the dual effect of making it rather difficult to see what's going on within the smoke, as well as what's going on outside of it. The noises that are coming from the south and west appear to be more "alarmed" now.

"Zere appears to be just one cultist right at ze top of ze sewer hole. It looks like he is dragging and dumping sometzing into it."

Same bonus for stealth as before. Equal penalty to perception may apply as well.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:03 am

Stealth check to quickly and silently ambush manhole guy: 24 ( 11+8stealth+ 5smoke bonus? )
Athletics check to take him out: natural 1...
Using awesomeness: 35 ( 19+8athletics+5awesomeness+3angerAtCultists ) much better.
So burned all my magic points and daily use abilities.

"Zthulan, hold onto Rolf and follow me in a second. "She eases the mage onto the shaman." Zefy, I'm going to take out the cultist in the way. Could you muffle any sounds that might happen and lift the manhole cover when Zthulan and Rolf get close?"
Jeraylia stays within the smoke to reach the shadows of the wall, and taking 4 long, springy bounds on the balls of her feet lands behind the cultist. Full of adreneline, she then grabs him with a strong one handed sleeper hold, using her free hand to cover his mouth for the few seconds he struggled. She drags him to the wall and a little ways east to suggest they were headed further.

Or that's what I want to happen.
More perception!: 16 (7+9perception)
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:27 am

Rolf held on to Zthulan and tried to follow Jeraylia through the smoke, but stopped at a certain point to let Jeraylia try and handle the cultist. Given his state, he was perfectly fine with someone else taking the lead for the moment.

Rolling Stealth...3 (1d20) + 6 + 10 (Smokescreen) = 19
Rolling Perception...12 + 7 + 3 (Sharp Eyes) - 10 (Smokescreen) = 12
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:08 am

Taking Rolf without complaint waits for the signal to get moving.

Stealth: 18 + 6 + 10(Smoke) = 34
Perception: 6 + 10 - 10(Smoke) = -4... Well crap.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:42 pm

Jeraylia easily incapacitates the guard as she intended. It appears he was dragging bloody bodies of his fellow cultists from the unfinished wall to the already-open sewer hole and dumping them down, into the unlit, odorous tunnel below.

Zthulan, in his lack of vision from the smoke, accidentally bumps into someone as he moves to the sewer entrance. Luckily, it appears they were equally unperceptive, and either ignored the incident or failed to follow through, allowing Zthulan to get to the sewer hole unfollowed, along with Rolf.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:41 am

"Nice work with that guard, Jeraylia." Rolf looked down into the hole and winced. "Looks like Horizon's been busy. Anyway, let's get down below before the mob catches up." Rolf started to make his way down the ladder a bit, using his Illumination skill to shine a beam down to the bottom. "If necessary, I can put an Immovable spell on the lid once it's placed back on to stop anyone from following us for a time."

Rolling Perception for the sewer..14 (1d20). + 7 + 3 (Sharp Eyes) = 24 (possible bonus for Illuminate).
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:13 pm

Looking around, Rolf sees that this particular passage of the sewer is slightly cramped, offering a walkway on a single side of a artificial stream/river of liquid that is assuredly 'contaminated' by the city's inhabitants. Needless to say, this whole place reeks of sewage. Apart from his spell, and the faint moonlight from above the ladder entrance, there are no other sources of light down here.

There are two directions to go in: North, and south. To the north, he can see that the passage widens a bit before splitting into a T-shaped crossing to the west and east. To the south, he can see that the tunnel goes relatively straight, and has a small metal mesh 'bridge' leading over the liquid that expands a seconds walkway, so that one may walk on either side of the liquid, rather than on only, as is where the party currently stands. He also sees glints of some nocturnal critter's eyes from that direction, reflecting from his illumination spell, which quickly retreat back into the darkness.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:22 am

"...Coast is clear...ish...Might be rethinking going south." Rolf told the others at the top. "Still, get down here, and then we'll discuss it."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:29 am

Jeraylia traverses down the ladder after Zthulan, letting the wind elemental cover the manhole again.
Reaching the bottom, she says, "I'd advocate proceeding on a jot more before we take another gander at your wound. Just to give any hanger-ons a few more choices to mistake. Which direction do you believe we should manouvre in, Mage Towden?"
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:33 am

Upon reaching the bottum, Zthulan uses his low light vision to great effect.  "No matter which direction we take. I think I should take point down here."

Perception: 8 + 10 =18
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:27 pm

Zthulan sees about as much as Rolf did, though a bit clearer and further - the critters in the darkness appear to be fairly dirty-looking rats. Some are swimming in the liquid, others are skittering on the walkways, away from the light and scary humanoids. The south tunnel is fairly long, appears to have a number of 'alcoves' in the walls, next to the walkways, and another ladder going upwards on the very far end, before bending in a turn.

Which direction are you all going then, south, or north?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:02 am

"Well, we know exactly where the ladder to the south leads (behind the now burning shed), but the fence means we'd have to wait for Skitter to come around to get us out. It would place us closer to where whatever is approaching from the south, but we might just have Skitter report back to us on that."

If we head north, then make a right, that should lead us the furthest from the camp the quickest. Then we can get back to the surface and back to base. So, that's my vote."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:59 pm

"I concur. The sooner we're outside the enclosure of the walls, the better. They'll have less control over the area exterior to the camp, and our efforts might persuade them to stay immured." She steps closer to Rolf and offers a shoulder for support again, if he wants it.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:14 am

Rolf leans on Jeraylia, giving a nod of appreciation. "Zthulan, you might be best to lead the way. Hopefully, you'll be able to see things before they get in range of my illumination spell."

To the north!
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:17 am

"I tink I want to stay outside and scout from zere. I would razer not make zose... fumes part of my own.", Zephyria replies from above.

Heading north, the party quickly reaches the T-crossing. They can only go west or east from here.

To the west, a short walk away, appears to be a three-way crossing that splits to north, west, and south, though it appears that only the north passage can be maneuvered easily, as there is structural damage: the south passage had its walkway smashed by chunks of debris from the roof, offering a path that requires swimming, whilst the western one is blocked save for a few tiny holes by similar debris.

To the east, the party can see that the tunnel extends straight fairly far, with a lot of further splitting tunnels to the sides every 50 feet. Notably, however, one of the tunnels appears to have a wooden box or construction at it's entrance.

Map:

Meanwhile...

Horizon, following a bout of fighting on horseback with some former fire-fighting cultists on the eastern side, finds the copious amount of smoke the Nightmare generates whilst agitated a double-edged sword. Whilst it does keep himself and his mount concealed and difficult to pinpoint, it does the same for his enemies, leaving Horizon swinging at empty air (and smoke) more often than he'd want to.

Soon enough, he is forced into a retreat as the cultists employ ranged weapons and magic. The duo charge through the southern exit, some cultists in tow. They quickly abandon the chase though, allowing Horizon to ride through the streets undeterred.

As he ponders his next move and/or method of approach, he receives a telepathic message from Zephyria.

"Monsieur, your allies inform you zey retreated into ze sewers, down an entrance in ze norz-east corner of ze camp. Additionally, Skitter informs you zat you and your Nightmare appear to be coming dangerously close to somezing large and well-lit, zat is moving zrough ze streets towards ze camp."

Streetwise is an option for the sewers / streets navigation.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:26 pm

"Hopefully, we won't be searching for an exit to these sewers all night." Rolf tried to remember if there was another sewer manhole nearby.

Rolling Streetwise...4 (1d20) + 10 = 14.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:59 pm

Streetwise: Nat 20! ( 20 + 9streetwise )

Jeraylia forms a map in her mind, layering their position in the sewers underneath. She had travelled these streets in the past, and tries to remember seeing that particular circular metal shape amongst the lanes to the north. Although buildings might have come and gone, she doubted they'd change or cover the location of the sewer entrances, as they were locked into position by the underlying tunnels. She smiles as a few memories jump out at her.
"I think I remember a few."

So, do I actually know anything, Zarhon XD?

Last edited by Broken Logic on Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:31 pm

"Just point me where to go."
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:15 pm

Jeraylia's mind flashes with a few very clear details:
- She's fairly certain that there is a ladder and matching manhole that leads to the vicinity of the park, within the sixth tunnel, east of where they are now.
- The debris created to the west was obviously recent and not incidental, as the tunnels are normally very secure - most likely, it's a result of the earlier explosion that desolated the area.
- The wooden construction is probably a barricade or wall, of sorts - most likely to mark off a 'territory'. It's hard to tell details of such without further inspection.
- Rats, hobos, criminals, and other individuals of questionable social standing/conduct frequent these tunnels as shelter or shortcuts.

Rolf can tell that this place stinks.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:34 am

"Okay, hang a right at this corner and keep going until we reach the sixth tunnel," Jeraylia instructs Zthulan. "I'm fairly certain it hides a ladder that leads to an exit close to the park. Keep your eyes and ears out for trouble, though. These underground passages house not only larger than average rodents, but also the vermin of society."
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:40 pm

"Sounds like a plan. Zthulan, it might be best if you take the lead; your dark vision might be better able to see oncoming threats." Rolf maintained his Illumination spell as they walked, keeping his eyes open for any dangers (as well as possibly getting a better look at that barricade as they passed).

Rolling Perception...15 (1d20) + 7 + 3 (Sharp Eyes) = 25 (w/ Magical Attunement)
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next