Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Ahoof Sign-up and OOC [ONE SPOT OPEN]

+7
Fury of the Tempest
Quietkal
sunbeam
Lapis-Lazily
ZamuelNow
Crystalite
Copper Rose
11 posters

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Mystery Ahoof Sign-up and OOC [ONE SPOT OPEN] - Page 8 Empty Re: Mystery Ahoof Sign-up and OOC [ONE SPOT OPEN]

Post  sunbeam Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:26 pm

Copper Rose wrote:The grass smells grassy (roll Perception if you want more than that =P).

Can I take 20 on this? because if so, I totally do.

If not...
Perception: 5+10=15

I'll edit this into my post, too.

Also, if I can take 20, I will gladly describe the process in character.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Mystery Ahoof Sign-up and OOC [ONE SPOT OPEN] - Page 8 Empty Re: Mystery Ahoof Sign-up and OOC [ONE SPOT OPEN]

Post  Copper Rose Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:52 pm

What do you mean by "take 20"?
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:55 pm

He means he's willing to repeat it over and over again until he gets a Nat 20 (Effectively twenty times over.)

In other words, he's searching very, very carefully.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:57 pm

I believe the idea is that you can treat your roll result as a 20 if your character takes 20 times as long performing the skill check. The major catch is that the character has to be unthreatened and uninterrupted in that time, but generally it's good to explain why a skill check could take 20 times as long as normal. Reasons for taking 20 are usually more to the effect of needing to cross a large chasm or picking a lock in a dungeon, but I have an idea of how to make a smell check take 20 times as long that is perfectly in character for Wanderlust.

For the record, taking 20 does not trigger any automatic successes, I believe. I'm certain you can't get a cutie mark crit. I think it's up to the DM whether it's an automatic (eventual) success or just 20+skill value.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:05 pm

ah, ok. I'll let you do that and jsut edit the results post
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:29 pm

Mystery Ahoof Sign-up and OOC [ONE SPOT OPEN] - Page 8 643241
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:45 pm

sunbeam wrote:For the record, taking 20 does not trigger any automatic successes, I believe. I'm certain you can't get a cutie mark crit. I think it's up to the DM whether it's an automatic (eventual) success or just 20+skill value.

Taking 20 explicitly can't crit. It's not a sudden moment of awesome but instead it's winning a battle of attrition, given enough time.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:29 pm

Crystalite wrote:((And I honestly can't recall who Wanderlust was in relation to River. A reminder would be helpful.))

I was also the one who followed you and Stacked Deck to the police station, and you hinted that you had noticed me somehow. So she might know that.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:59 am

Time skip? Or more customers?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:27 pm

Considering the GM is away, I have a question for tygerburningbright and Paper Shadow. Do you actually want to try to construct a Sheerclop Homes story or two? Might help with the open air play/reenactment plot point. While I ponified the titles to two Sherlock Homes stories, expanding on them or perhaps picking some different ones could be a decent worldbuilding exercise.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:32 pm

Sheerclop Homes and the what the heck is a metakitten?

I guess we could. If Copper had something else planned (like a mystery happening in the play, like something weird happening in a specific scene) then it won't matter much, but even then it's all good fun. That said, I haven't read any Sherlock Homes books, sooooooo...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:23 pm

Thing is, I haven't either. Or if I have, it's been years since I did and it would have been only a few stories. I've been purely going off of Wikipedia entries. I'll probably try to brainstorm some later tonight since it's not like we'd be forced to make them exactly the same as the originals. Magical candy colored horses can shift the setup a fair bit.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:13 pm

er um well I've actually read the entire series in addition to quite a few additional later stories... so as for ideas well I've got tonnes
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:53 am

Do tell. The titles I've used so far are "A Stable in Scarlet" and "The Case of the Crystal Carriage Plans".
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:41 pm

Hey, guess what I'm going to this campaign? I'm editing it! For more details, go here! Also, adding that PiPs are not lost when going below 0 HP, if everyone decides we should go with my final suggestion for extra-extra HP becoming PiPs.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:49 pm

I'm down for it. It doesn't really change anything from where I'm standing.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:53 pm

[4:48:14 PM] Nathaniel(sunbeam): So just no max hp, fatal damage and everything that comes with it, and potentially an overheal mechanism?
[4:48:34 PM] Copper Rose: pretty much
[4:49:19 PM] Copper Rose: but you'd have to get some seriously good healing rolls, because I'll probably make it so that added PiPs can be no more than FD taken away
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:14 pm

Considering the over all lack of combat we're supposed to be having, I am not inclined to care.

That being said, I may be changing River's combat build soon ish.

That being said, can we go to the spot in the woods soon?

That being said, could River conceivably come up with such a thing as a clothes pin?

That being said... Okay I'll stop now.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:06 pm

So...for that whole idea of developing a plot or few based off of ponified Sherlock Holmes stories, were there any specific ideas brewing?

Copper Rose wrote:Hey, guess what I'm going to this campaign? I'm editing it! For more details, go here! Also, adding that PiPs are not lost when going below 0 HP, if everyone decides we should go with my final suggestion for extra-extra HP becoming PiPs.

Pending on build, that might get a little nuts. Though we'll have to see, especially with a low combat campaign. Though I'm curious to what all non-combat changes are being made.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:58 pm

finally got around to writing down the ideas that I had after losing them the first time...

The Dragon Of The Basketvilles
"A Scandal in Bohemia"
"The Adventure of the Gold-Mane League"
"The Mare with the Twisted Lip"
"The Adventure of the Engineer's Thumb"
"The Adventure of the Bachelor Prince"
"The Adventure of the Stripped Face"
"The Adventure of the Mouse Grove Ritual" (another early case, told by Holmes to Watson)
"The Adventure of the Crooked Colt"
"The Adventure of the Griffon Interpreter"
The Adventure of the Wooden Builder"
"The Adventure of the Dancing Mares"
"The Adventure of the Bicycle"
"The Adventure of The sooty sailor"
"The Adventure of the Six Princesses"
"The Adventure of the Three Magicians"
"The Adventure of the Apple Grange"
The Adventure of the Discord's Foot"
"The Adventure of the Marzipan Stone"
"The Problem of the Lunar Bridge"
"The Adventure of the Crystal Batpony"
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:55 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:The Dragon Of The Basketvilles
"A Scandal in Bohemia"
"The Adventure of the Gold-Mane League"
"The Mare with the Twisted Lip"
"The Adventure of the Engineer's Thumb"
"The Adventure of the Bachelor Prince"
"The Adventure of the Stripped Face"
"The Adventure of the Mouse Grove Ritual" (another early case, told by Holmes to Watson)
"The Adventure of the Crooked Colt"
"The Adventure of the Griffon Interpreter"
The Adventure of the Wooden Builder"
"The Adventure of the Dancing Mares"
"The Adventure of the Bicycle"
"The Adventure of The sooty sailor"
"The Adventure of the Six Princesses"
"The Adventure of the Three Magicians"
"The Adventure of the Apple Grange"
The Adventure of the Discord's Foot"
"The Adventure of the Marzipan Stone"
"The Problem of the Lunar Bridge"
"The Adventure of the Crystal Batpony"
Thank you for giving me a bunch of fun ideas for the play >Very Happy this'll be fun
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:52 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:"The Adventure of the Crystal Batpony"

... I must make this character.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:25 pm

So, I guess I'm waiting for someone to do something? Like walk out their door to go somewhere else, or prompt me for a timeskip of some kind?
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:44 pm

My apologies. Was waiting on you. I'll at least make a basic post about progressing.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:17 am

I'd say Crystalite and I are basically waiting on a timeskip until the end of the workday right now. Wanderlust wouldn't really chat with her while she's working, now that he's had his urgent questions answered, so there's not much conversation left to be had from his perspective, but he doesn't really want to leave the bar. Should we wait until the other characters catch up to the afternoon, or can we just timeskip now and carry on?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next