Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who You Gonna Call? [OOC and Info]

+4
AProcrastinatingWriter
Crystalite
A1C Bronymous
Brony 7 of 9
8 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Who You Gonna Call? [OOC and Info] - Page 2 Empty Re: Who You Gonna Call? [OOC and Info]

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:56 pm

Something like that would make sense - a fiery creature would be warm enough to survive icy environments. Sure, why not?

Yeah I'm kind of the loose DM that allows for fudging the rules/house-ruling things so long as it makes the campaign more fun.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Who You Gonna Call? [OOC and Info] - Page 2 Empty Re: Who You Gonna Call? [OOC and Info]

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:37 pm

Aces.

Meet White Whisper

I don't know about his background...I mean, don't get me wrong, it works fine for what it is, but I was trying to go for something like "Genuinely a little scary" and...eh. Maybe I'm not a great horror writer. Well, it works on those in-story, and for an RP I guess that's all that matters.

Combat Style is mostly to cause Save Ends effects, with a couple talents dedicated to dealing heavy damage to those with Save Ends effects. Out-of-combat's all over the place, but attempting to be at least a little ghostly at all times. He is what he is, and what he is is a half-ghost.

I have realized I tend to make my characters male Earth ponies. Subconsciously, I tend towards males because I am one, and I think maybe, since I tend to like giving my characters special powers, it seems weird to me to add in "unicorn" or "pegasus" on top of that.

Lastly: I know the link's a PDF, but that's just cause that way the formatting looks nicer. I've got a copy that's actually editable that I'll post once I've hit level two, don't worry.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:01 pm

Looks great to me! Backstory works, powers make sense without making him a full-out ghost, gives me SPOOKY GHOST CREATURE BEHAVIOR OOOOOOOH to work with... Welcome to the Ghostbusters!
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:08 pm

Is there any more spots? I've kinda felt nostalgic over my first character, and I would love to play him again...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:41 pm

Go ahead! My goal was four to six people, and five certainly qualifies as four to six!
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:09 am

Well, I'm working on remaking my character for this game (we already have some of the stuff he's got, and times have been a-changing), but in the meantime, sad but relevant...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:27 am

I heard about that. It's terrible, really. Caddyshack and Ghostbusters are some of my favorite movies. We lost one of the greatest comic writers of our time.

I'm not going to claim that this game is a tribute to him retroactively. I feel it would somewhat cheapen this tragedy.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:07 pm

I've been thinking about joining a new game recently, but wasn't sure because my active/not active campaigns tend to fluctuate. Mind if I fill in that last spot?

Character concept, to satisfy until I finish the actual sheet:
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:56 pm

I haven't heard anything from Jacen in a while, and Crystalite (who offered to help him make a character) is taking a break. I'll figure out something if he shows up and wants his spot. We've got a mechanics-based unicorn, a half-ghost earth pony, and a relatively smart/strong teenage earth pony already. We lack a Pegasus, though.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:12 pm

Yay pegasus filly! nowhere near done (barely started!), but linked because why not?

Edit: she now has a name: Sweet Puff! Everything above the Combat is done, now I just have to get started on combat stuff, but since I somehow doubt we'll be doing combat in the first few pages, I have time, no?
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:18 pm

Uuuuuuhhhhh... You maaaaaaaay want to get combat done. But you've got time - still waiting for Bronymous to submit a character, and figuring out the Crystalite situation.

Sweet Puff Character Sheet wrote:Her favorite pony of all time is Rainbow Dash, though if you actually ask her, she’ll claim no knowledge of such a pony.

She really shouldn't have knowledge of such a pony - I worked out the timeline with Crystalite and this is ~20-25 years before the Warehouse group, which is operating in pretty close to modern times. Rainbow Dash isn't born yet.

Adding that to the FAQ now, by the way -

Where and when?
You start in Ponyville, ~20-25 years before Twilight Sparkle becomes a princess.

Last edited by Brony 7 of 9 on Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:45 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:Where and when?
You start in Ponyville, ~20-25 years before Twilight Sparkle becomes a princess.
Hmm, that could affect my plans, that's for sure...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:18 pm

My bad, I admit. I probably should have brought it up earlier.

Everyone else's complete character sheets (that is, the ones that are finished that I've received) are fine as is.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:49 pm

Fixed on the sheet, though her claiming no knowledge of a Rainbow Dash if she doesn't exist would make perfect sense, no?
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:16 am

sweet puff confirmed for time traveler
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:47 am

Sweet Puff's combat is done and flavored. This filly being a time traveler would be hilarious, no?
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:53 pm

Crystalite wrote:Or, alternatively, I could make a story involving time travel at a later date. Might make a fun cross-over session Very Happy
IT BEGINS
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:44 pm

...I don't see it in the Campaigns forum?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:17 pm

Oh, we haven't actually begun anything. That was a joke. Bronymous and Paper Shadow still need to get characters together.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:19 pm

Wait, so I can actually have Sweet Puff be from the future? (secretly of course)
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:22 pm

Why the heck not? This isn't a SUPER SRS U GUYZ campaign anyway.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Even if it was, secretly being from the future wouldn't automatically make it too silly for the campaign. In fact, it might be a good source of drama.

Yes, it's maybe a little silly of an idea, but then again so are multicolored talking ponies, ghostbusting...
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:19 am

If we're assuming the same continuity as MLW, then you can justify almost anything.

All we have to do is make it interesting... and THAT's gonna harder.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:10 pm

Hey everyone! So the main reason that the campaign hasn't started up yet is because I'm still waiting for character sheets from Bronymous and Paper Shadow. I'm aware that they might not have the time to sit down and write up a character sheet right now but it feels kind of unfair to everyone else who's already got one prepared.

So my question is - Paper Shadow and Bronymous, is it cool to start without you? Alternatively, how close do you think you are to finishing up a character sheet?
Everyone else, are you cool to start without them?
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:23 pm

Unless they are nowhere near done, I would imagine that they would finish before anything too serious happened.

So yeah, I can start without them.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next