Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who You Gonna Call? [OOC and Info]

+4
AProcrastinatingWriter
Crystalite
A1C Bronymous
Brony 7 of 9
8 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Who You Gonna Call? [OOC and Info] - Page 11 Empty Re: Who You Gonna Call? [OOC and Info]

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:51 am

Going back over the topic...eh, you might be right, but I'm not seeing it. Definitely hasn't been the case within hearing range of White Whisper, though.

I admit "for once in your life" is still a bit odd to say considering they've been talking pretty evenly with each other before, but in White Whisper's defense tensions are high and his memory isn't perfect enough to move past those tensions. Which isn't a very good defense, but...
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Who You Gonna Call? [OOC and Info] - Page 11 Empty Re: Who You Gonna Call? [OOC and Info]

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:11 am

Well that's how I meant it to go at first anyway. May have swung back as I try to give each their fair share of screen time.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:57 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:That would all be fine and dandy to say if White Whisper had actually threatened to shoot them instead of simply discussing a specific hypothetical situation with his gun pointed away from the twins.

Alright, alright, I'm being technical and semantic - sorry. Of course, I understand the twins aren't liable to realize what I've just pointed out in all the confusion - that makes sense. White Whisper didn't make the best move, but I wasn't going to stop him from doing what seemed natural to him - or stop him from letting him lose control of his emotions. It would be most expedient option at this juncture to have the twins consider the argument he just made rationally and reasonably - but how likely is that to happen? How likely is it that White Whisper, holding those guns, wasn't going to do something stupid?

Besides, I have it on good authority it's rude to tell someone else what they can and cannot do with their own character. Wink

Either way, I removed the Stepping Stones, so our jackals can move now. They should be unharmed, besides perhaps some minor bruising that won't be reflected in their HP totals. Also severe mental trauma, but that's easily fixed.

Oh I understand. I wasn't arguing or accusing or anything like that, I just hate when things are there to be said, but I can't actually say them. Just pointing out that it could have continued. The Twins arguments weren't bound to be much more logical or reasonable, in either case.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:24 am

So thinking about it, I'm guessing that by "their size", everyone (or DM at least) is of the opinion that the twins are much smaller than I was picturing them. Unless Rhinestone is unnaturally large for a barely mature Mare. I had them at about a foot shorter than a regular pony.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:01 am

My bad there, then. I was leaving out the other reasons it would be easy to pick them up (tired, hungry, etc.) because I wasn't sure at the time whether or not they would resist and make those factors moot.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:56 am

Elacular wrote:Sorry I'm late. My computer's a horrible person, so it will be a little bit before I can update. Sorry. And yeah, I'd rather you wait until your turn to roll assist.
Imma hold off from the restaurant until Elacular's computer thinks about what it's done.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:47 pm

Damn....
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:04 pm

Son of a dick. I'm sorry I held you guys up so much. I'm gonna post ASAP.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:55 pm

Oh, I'd been picturing them about the same size as Sweet Puff. Well now I know she is both the youngest and the smallest.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:57 pm

The smallest and obviously the weake
Character Sheet wrote:Brawn: 9
Athletics: 14^
Welp
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu May 01, 2014 5:59 pm

I thought we went to an omnivorous restaurant specifically so I would have real meat to eat. Also, there's no such thing as "meat-flavored tofu". That would imply it tastes anything like meat, which it doesn't. They just say that to fool stupid vegetarians who don't remember what meat actually tastes like.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu May 01, 2014 6:45 pm

I was about to make this speech about how taboo it would be for ponies to serve meat and blah blah blah but then I realized it's a setting in which ponies can talk, fly, and cast magic, so it's not particularly realistic. Post has the tofu removed.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu May 01, 2014 6:59 pm

I mean it would make sense for them to have tofu, just not ENTIRELY tofu. Unless Rhinestone screwed up the streetwise check and thought this place was omni.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu May 01, 2014 7:53 pm

I could say it was that, but that wouldn't be very helpful. and I have plenty of chances to screw with you later But yeah, 'mostly tofu' is stupid, and flavored tofu even more so, so I just dropped the idea.

I based this place on the Rainforest Café but didn't bother ponifying the menu, btw, so whatever's on there will probably work for an entrée.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu May 01, 2014 9:39 pm

A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu May 08, 2014 4:20 am

Who You Gonna Call? [OOC and Info] - Page 11 Hgpixe10
Behold, the faces of killers.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Fri May 16, 2014 12:32 pm

So apparently there's some kind of holdup. If I need to post more often, let me know, but for right now, from what I see, all that's holding you guys up from investigating the spooky factory and solving a Scooby-Doo mystery or something is that not everyone's back at the hotel and resting. If there's character development and stuff anyone wants to do that's fine, I'm all for it, but Maverick and Sweet Puff are already resting, and Rhinestone and the twins are probably about to.

If everyone wants to just move on to the factory I can timeskip (giving Chronos, HATER OF ALL UNCLEAR TIMELINES, a heart attack) to the point where you arrive there, summarizing anything that might have happened, and anyone who wants to have a more involved character developing conversation can do so via PMs or Skype or something. If you guys have any other ideas to move the plot forward, let me know.

Of course, this could be just 'finals are killing me'. Which is also understandable.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri May 16, 2014 1:55 pm

The twins don't remember the Hotel's name. (read: I don't remember and don't feel like looking it up and this is a convenient excuse) so I was waiting on Rhinestone to tell BUYER OF ALL APPLES where we're going. Then timeskip I guess.

If it takes another day then I'll do it.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri May 16, 2014 1:57 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:If everyone wants to just move on to the factory I can timeskip (giving Chronos, HATER OF ALL UNCLEAR TIMELINES, a heart attack) to the point where you arrive there, summarizing anything that might have happened, and anyone who wants to have a more involved character developing conversation can do so via PMs or Skype or something. If you guys have any other ideas to move the plot forward, let me know.
Personally, I find that, if you have some character developing not over Skype (especially with Writer since he doesn't want to touch that thing with good reason), you'd be better off making an editable Google Doc and PMing a link to the players involved. That way, you can chat in the google doc, and since you can see the other person there and typing, you don't have to worry about if they have gone away or not...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri May 16, 2014 2:26 pm

Unless they leave the doc open and go afk. You can also use IRC chats and facebook messaging if you want those features. Not that we would.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat May 17, 2014 4:03 pm

Honestly, I just kept forgetting about this topic for some reason, and that's my fault entirely.

I'm willing to skip back to White Whisper being at the hotel again (I imagine he'd manage to somehow drunkenly shamble through the right door somehow) and since he'd be last back, everyone would be surprised he was there. He'd likely be hung over.

Assuming he can get drunk in the first place.

Anyway, yeah, timeskip, and any potential character development tonight can be taken care of via PM?
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sat May 17, 2014 4:06 pm

Works for me, and no worries about forgetting. It would be foolish of me to assume that this topic is the only thing on your mind, especially after a few weeks of not much happening. just don't do it again or I come for your children
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat May 17, 2014 7:58 pm

Don't know how much RP I want to get in: my week is about to get super busy. I would like to assume that somebody filled Maverick in on Chronos and his assistance/employer status.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri May 23, 2014 7:35 pm

I just finished rereading two Discworld books and White Whisper stole the narration from its intended path in the icy hot grip of his hangover

Send help
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:36 pm

Sooooo.... Did the spool wondy thing Maverick is messing with turn off yet? Rhinestone did pull the lever.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next