Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luna's Command: the Recruitment Station

+6
Copper Rose
Dusk Raven
Elacular
Xel Unknown
TheCavalry
AProcrastinatingWriter
10 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Luna's Command: the Recruitment Station - Page 6 Empty Re: Luna's Command: the Recruitment Station

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:44 pm

Well, Elacular's team has that disturbance to head for, Starfall's got some parting words and then a little thing and then a bit of travel to do (spoilers), and . . . everyone really has something to do, believe it or not. It's admittedly a bit hard to find sometimes, but

Also I'm so sorry I forgot about taking Certain Rolls into account; I will edit my latest post according. Be updated within half an hour.

. . . I'll be honest. My life has been a bit of a mess lately. I'm trying though, I swear it.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Luna's Command: the Recruitment Station - Page 6 Empty Re: Luna's Command: the Recruitment Station

Post  Copper Rose Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:42 pm

I know it may be a high roll anyway, but...

...did my roll succeed or fail?
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:39 pm

Copper Rose wrote:I know it may be a high roll anyway, but...

...did my roll succeed or fail?

I think you succeeded. There's a paragraph at the bottom of APW's last post, mentioning High Note getting the guns and starting to juggle.

And for some reason I can't copy and paste it, hence the direction on where to find it. Sorry about that.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:12 am

Is Gypsy at all aware of...whatever it is that just happened?
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:44 am

Things just get more and more convoluted...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:45 am

I think me and my oc just switched places. Im going to assume that was a typo and continue in the fact that starfall is now thoroughly confused.
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:20 pm

Ok... What the fuck? I have no idea what I can do right now or what is going on... I get it that you want to have this theme of weird shit is going down and we're not moving as fast as we should. but posts like that only seem to make my head spin unable to know what I can have my character do, because far as I know, you just killed the game again or something Aproc. I hate it when a GM does big posts of confusion like this without any clarity of who is where and what can be done to respond. Cause I want to do SOMETHING TO HELP MOVE THE PLOT FORWARD... But I can't do that if I can't know what I can do to post. And "reaction" posts of basically "WTF???" only feel like they slow the game down in my opinion. So what else can I have lunar do, where is Lunar and his group, did the rest just appear out of nowhere? Huge posts without any clear post-post clarifier with the SUPER IMPORTANT info to get your Players up to speed of the craziness you just sprong on them to know what they can do. Is good idea, yes?

SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING OR HELP ME KNOW WHAT I CAN DO! If not I'm going to have just quit again. We had three groups before that superpost of the GM madness. Now... No idea...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:25 pm

My two cents (for what that's worth- exchange rates suck):

I think that, in the jungle/space ship nothing happened... but something should have. I get the impression that, had Nihl not attacked the tentacle creature, those cracks would have appeared in those eras as well- hence why the scene directions seemed to be building to something with the revelation that the world didn't go white.

As far as reacting to it though, I dunno. Like I say, I thought it seemed like something was going to happen, which abruptly stopped, like some kind of cosmic, temporal spasm. But
A) That's just my interpretation
B) That doesn't help give pointers on how to help you guys.

(And I do want to help since, as much as Silver is fraternising with the enemy right now, we're all PCs, right?)

For suggestions on what to do... maybe use arcana or something to analyse what's going on? Or maybe Notes experience with time travel would give her some clues?
(Or, if you want, I could use a magic point to activate fracture the fourth wall. Might make it easier for us to try and do-ordinate stuff to get together in character)
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:40 pm

I think Fracture is only going to make things worse and more confusing & not clearer for me... I need info form Aproc himself on what the hell is going on. And/or a few suggestions on what I can do. I'm way too confused to think stright after rereading that GM post of plot & puzzles.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:47 pm

Well, the forum didn't say anything about any of these posts, which explains a lot, doesn't it? Thank you for informing me that people had indeed been posting, Cal - and sorry you had to bring the news to me.

We'll start from the top. Yes, the juggle roll succeeded, things did indeed get more convoluted, and sorry about that typo. As to Xel's concerns!

We'll make this super simple: there is going to be a disturbance in the background magic of Equestria. This was told to you by the Elements of Harmony. You need to go to that disturbance. At no point did anything happen to change this. Cal is completely right in his interpretation. Go to the disturbance that's about to happen.

Hopefully once they're there and certain other things happen, we'll be able to get this ball rolling properly.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:57 am

I thought Jungle group was already moving to the disturbance, and have been for several DM posts?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:05 pm

It's quite possible I misread things! However, it seemed like Gypsy was standing still talking to our hippogriff friend, so yeah.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:07 am

Um...

Sorry. I don't mean to be... I don't know. Pushy? Not quite sure what the correct word for it would be...
Just thought I should direct you to the absences thread, if you haven't seen it all ready. And the reason I'm pointing at that is because... Well, just in case someone was waiting on Copper Tose/High Note to say something.

TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:46 pm

Lunar and/or Scorch and/or Wander need to speak up to get things moving at this point. Head towards the light and all that. Razz
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:33 pm

Drat, I just realized I meant to ask Drizzle what her deal with Harmony was. Then again I didn't even know she was with us...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:50 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:Drat, I just realized I meant to ask Drizzle what her deal with Harmony was. Then again I didn't even know she was with us...
She was ahead, and running through the trees. Unless you wanted off the S.S. Scorch and felt you could keep up with a prehistoric zebra, I think that chat was out of reach...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:26 pm

NO, SERIOUSLY. A ONE? I blame Midas.

Anyhow, just thought I'd make a quick note here, to thank axel for helping me with my combat build- thanks! Hopefully my rolling will be more effective for it here out.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:01 pm

TheCavalry wrote:Anyhow, just thought I'd make a quick note here, to thank axel for helping me with my combat build- thanks! Hopefully my rolling will be more effective for it here out.
TheCavalry wrote:Equiped:
Weatherpony Uniform [Armor]: Resist 1 with Temporary HP
Weatherpony Gear [Armor]: Resist 2 with Temporary HP
Who’s The Tank?
You may equip two sets of armor instead of one. When you have resistance from another source, you may increase that resistance by 1.
Resistance w/ Temp HP: 2 + 1 + 1 = 4
Don't be thanking him too soon. Resist doesn't stack (which is why Who's The Tank specifically states that, if you already have resistance, it increase it). You only have Resist 3 while you have Temp HP...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:10 pm

Slightly confused here, will the portal lead me to silver or the rest of the group?
im guessing silver but i want to make sure before i post.
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:48 am

That would be spoilers, I'm afraid. Razz
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:44 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
TheCavalry wrote:Anyhow, just thought I'd make a quick note here, to thank axel for helping me with my combat build- thanks! Hopefully my rolling will be more effective for it here out.
TheCavalry wrote:Equiped:
Weatherpony Uniform [Armor]: Resist 1 with Temporary HP
Weatherpony Gear [Armor]: Resist 2 with Temporary HP
Who’s The Tank?
You may equip two sets of armor instead of one. When you have resistance from another source, you may increase that resistance by 1.
Resistance w/ Temp HP: 2 + 1 + 1 = 4
Don't be thanking him too soon. Resist doesn't stack (which is why Who's The Tank specifically states that, if you already have resistance, it increase it). You only have Resist 3 while you have Temp HP...

Fixed it. Resist 3 every turn still seems quite good to me.
Especially since I only have half my moves available to me. The rest are all target ally support types lol.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:26 pm

Okay, well, I'm just gonna quickly point out two rules then, just to make sure everyone is on the same page for this fight...
  1. Temporary HP doesn't stack...
  2. Vital Surge only triggers on attack, so Writer has to make sure to point out if any damage comes from non-attacking sources (such as traits)...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:57 pm

Thank you for reminding us of those things, Paper. Now let's see just what an update looks like . . .
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:32 pm

Take that, Cthulu!

...okay, I don't plan on going into such detail for every combat but I figured I ought to make sure my math is right to start with; as my mix-up with the resist values earlier showed, I can be a bit dense sometimes.

...And also, is there any particular method of flipping a coin? Of course, when I need one it turns out i can't find it, so I just rolled a dice and guessed which side would come up: it's a 50/50 probability anyway, so I figure it doesn't change much, but still...

(Also... I saw something in the combat rules about being able to use a + ability without taking the effect. The fact it worded it as "If you really have to" meant I didn't use it- since Supercharge is a + ability that can target me- but I thought I should get it clarified for the next round/beyond, in case I ever want to use a minor attack or something instead of Supercharge.)
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:00 pm

...What level are we supposed to be at, again? I can't remember if I updated Wandering Eye or not...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next