Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luna's Command: the Recruitment Station

+6
Copper Rose
Dusk Raven
Elacular
Xel Unknown
TheCavalry
AProcrastinatingWriter
10 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Luna's Command: the Recruitment Station - Page 4 Empty Re: Luna's Command: the Recruitment Station

Post  TheCavalry Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:36 pm

The destinies I'm choosing between:

Planeshaper Level 4 – One with the Planes
You find yourself connected to the world in a way that is different than most people; while most would live on it your existence is within it. As you explore this further you find that you can harness the primal energies of creation itself, although your powers are limited at the moment. You gain the following ability.
Shape Reality – 4/Day
Preparation Time: 5 Seconds
You convert up to (Your Level × 30) cubic feet of material of one sort into a product that is of the same material. Thus you could fabricate a wooden bridge from a clump of trees, a rope from a patch of hemp etc. Creatures or magic items cannot be created or transmuted by the Shape Reality ability. The quality of items made by this spell is commensurate with the quality of material used as the basis for the new fabrication, thus using rotten wood for construction would result in a rotten wooden bridge. You must make an appropriate skill check as if you were crafting the item by hand to fabricate articles requiring a significant degree of craftsmanship (such as well-crafted weapons or a catapult). You may spend a Magic Point to increase the volume of this ability from 30 to 100 cubic feet of material until the end of the day.

Mind Sculptor Level 4 – Mental Mage
During your adventures you’ve tapped into a rare school of Arcane power; the magic of the mind. At the moment your powers are limited but given time your powers can grow considerably. You gain the following ability.
Psychic Speaking – At Will
When talking to someone, instead of making a normal Persuasion check, you may make an Arcana or Persuasion check with a +2 bonus. If the check succeeds, the target believes whatever you told them to be true, and you may have them forget that you told them so. However, this counts as a “mind-altering effect” and if you fail the check made this way, the person you used it against knows you tried to use mind magic on them.
For instance, you may walk up behind someone and tell them that you’re an old friend of theirs. They will turn around and greet you merrily, somewhat embarrassed they don’t remember your name. Perhaps you find yourself on the back of a dragon – no worries, just tell it that it doesn’t know you’re there, and it won’t bother you. Of course, the DCs to actually alter someone’s mind are much higher than normal Persuasion DCs, and the more outlandish your statement, the less likely their mind is to accept the blatant falsehood.

Honestly, I'm leaning towards Planeshaper, since it feels more appropriate for my character; basically, an optimistic Weatherpony. But... I also have to admit I'm not sure how useful that destiny is to the party, particularly later levels, which seem flavourful, but less... useful.

Mind Sculptor might be more useful, but... I'm not sure if it fits without being severely reflavoured. So... I'm tossing it to you fellas.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Luna's Command: the Recruitment Station - Page 4 Empty Re: Luna's Command: the Recruitment Station

Post  Dream Axis Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:54 pm

Im bias towards the plainshifter, just cause i love the flavour, but i can see mind sculptor working for you great as well. my advice flip a coin, if your happy go with that one if not? well you just told yourself that you wanted the other one more.
This works for me at least....most of the time
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:58 pm

...My computer is on the fritz. I may have a hard time getting a sheet up...

....Oh! There's a deadline. Okay then.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:36 pm

As noted in the edits made to the first post (but not here, so understandable) concessions will be made for extraordinary circumstances.

I mean, to be honest, there will be a point where we gotta keep moving despite those circumstances, but we aren't entirely without heart here.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:46 pm

Sorry that I errored Aproc... Not much else I can say.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:11 pm

Is it acceptable to just make Paper explain what I should know about the campaign instead of going on an archive binge? It would get the info into my head better than if I were to read some long thing, and I can immediately ask questions on stuff, and it would give a player's perspective on events in the campaign, and etc. etc.. (yay Skype!)
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:25 pm

That is certainly acceptable! I already posted a brief summary back on page one, but whatever's fine.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:48 am

Xel Unknown wrote:
Xel Unknown wrote:(APROC, PLEASE REPOST THIS LISTING INTO THE FIRST POST OF THIS TOPIC!)

The Three Remaining Vets of this campaign:
Lunar the Hippogriff (Xel Unknown) [Element: New-Loyalty (changed to it because it fits me more was Kindness did beforehand, also we don't need two Kindnesses in a team)]
Wandering Eye the Unicorn (Dusk Raven) [Element: Magic (derp missed it at first glance)]
Scorch the Dragon (Paper Shadow) [Element: Loyalty... Old version, your sheet has yet to update to the Abilities System Paper]

The Three Newcomers:
Gypsy the ??? (Elacular) [Element: Kindness]
High Note the Unicorn (Copper Rose) [Element: Old Chaotic version of Laughter]
Silver Lining the Pegasus (TheCavalry) [Element: Magic]
Still think this info should be posted in the first post on this topic...

PS: My elemental change that's cool? Cause I never say a yay or nay, I assume it's ok... Cause I never used Kindness so far and figure the New Loyalty would fit me better. :3
HEY APROC, IS A LISTING OF VETS & NEWBIES GOING TO BE ADDED TO THE DAM FIRST POSTAGE ON THIS OOC TOPIC OR NOT? It's like a major pet-peeve of mine to see a campaign OOC topic without that on the first page/first post... *sigh*
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:32 pm

I said I would post that list when we had a more complete list of character sheets, didn't I?
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:44 pm

Well don't you have like 5 or 6 apps now? SHOULDN'T YOU CALL OFF THE APPING PROCESS... Or do you want to crush 4 players dreams instead of 3? I don't get how you don't have enough character sheets by now dude to at least say how everyone is at least in the running.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:19 pm

I said the deadline for getting a character sheet in was this Saturday, didn't I?
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:54 pm

Did you? I didn't noticed... Clearly... I'm such a derp in perception... Natural 1! I gave too much to Lunar. XD
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:13 pm

Sheets been updated. Changed a few abilities and moves around, to better reflect Weatherpony status.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:33 pm

But.....you have an insanely underleveled & incomplete combat build for level 4 sheet that's "finished" dude... XD
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:24 am

Er...what's missing from the combat? I know I still have 2000 gold to spend on items, but i thought that was it...

Have to admit, most of my attention yesterday was on getting the background finished.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:53 am

Your level 4 Cav... Not Level 1... Total "combat gold" is like 6000, I think... Not 3000... Also you should have two Traits total... Not one. XD

(I suggest the Friendly Fire one... It combos so very well with Thunderstorm, Frenzy, & basically any Random Taggart attacks that could hit allies.)
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:58 am

Oh.

...heh.
Sorry, I haven't used anything beyond level 1, so...that's what this is more or less built as. But 6000 gold? That's useful...

Thanks, sorry for the mistakes!
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:05 am

Hey, I figured as much this is why I was offering help on what you had forgotten or overlooked... ((EDIT: also suggest you look into taking Supercharge (in place of Critfisher, maybe?), Frenzy (in place of lightning Bolt?), and/or changing your special to Wild Lighting/Derpy's Lightning for your build... Becuase those three COMBO SO PERFECTLY if you have +5 resistance to allies & self for your attacks trait

Edit2: Also... Spellbook in this campaign is automagically given to all players for free now... Therefore you don't need it as your weapon.))

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:15 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edits for the edited god)
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:21 am

Thanks for the advice; I'll check those attacks out, but I don't know if I'll change them. One thing I do know is I'm keeping lightning bolt (unless frenzy has a similar + X energy thing).

Why? Because I have a plan in mind for it. One which is so obvious I don't feel bad running it by you guys first, eecially since it's overly simple.

STEP 1: Build up energy
STEP 2: Use all the energy in Thunderstorm
STEP 3: Rapid Recovery Combat Trait- +1 energy
STEP 4: Lightning Bolt, for 1d10 damage and all the energy from last turn as well.

TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:53 am

Basically here's what all of my suggestions so far will do in your build:

The Friendly fire Trait: -5 to all damage you deal if you target yourself or an enemy (can be upgraded to -6 or -8 at level 5 (or now) & can be upgraded even farther at level 6 (or @level5, or now) depending on what you want to take item wise, you'd need to be willing to spend at least 4000 on getting two traits if you wish to have your max -X be a -9 total to damage to self & a -8 to allies. [at the cost of being at -3 damage dealt to enemies, but you have a strong support-style build, so would not be a big loss in my opinion])
Supercharged (Attack): 1d8-5 Self-damage & 50% odds of dealing an extra 1d10 damage to target creature (can be ally too to be 1d10-5) (can be upgraded in two to be -6, -8, and/or -9 at level 5)
Frenzy (Minor Attack): 2d8-5 damage to self, random ally, or 2d8 damage to a random non-ally target. (the biggest boon to your build is it being a cheap -1 minor action to use that just plain works well to spam every turn in my opinion, PS: can only get "stronger" in later levels)
Thunderstorm (already in your build): Deals half of 2d10 damage to random target for each pip/engery spent. Then that damage only turns form 1 - 10 damage to 0 (for about half of the possible outcomes) - 5 (also: 5 damage = TWO D10 CRITS) damage MAX if it hits yourself or an ally... Deals 1 - 10 if it hits a non-ally
Dery's/Wild Lightning: Has a Random Target d10 crit that'd deal 1d8-5, 1d10-5, or 1d12-5 damage if it hits yourself or ally.

PS: Also kinda feel that Lightning Bolt (along with the focus on having ANY -X moves other than +pip moves if you wanting to really do the whole idea of spend all pips on Thunderstorm) is a waste in this build... But that's just my honest opinion. Don't let me stop you if you believe it'll be fun for you to use. :3

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:08 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ps)
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:09 am

Made some small changes to my sheet, mostly cause i dint know that the spellbook was redundant now.
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:38 am

It's ok... It's a detail the GM forgot to note in the first post *grumble-grumble*
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:41 am

Huh.

Finished the archive so... Two quick questions.

1) Is a chapter considered a single session? Ie: using Twitchy Tail in Chapter 3 means not getting access to it gain until Chapter 4?

2) Are the old guard going to finish off this chapter before the newcomers are introduced, or will it be a Costume Changed/Lunar scenario, where the newcomers jump in and have been there all along?
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:05 am

Xel Unknown wrote:It's ok... It's a detail the GM forgot to note in the first post *grumble-grumble*

Erm...whoopsy daisy.

Answer to both questions is yes and

Whoopsy daisy

Time to submit is up! I'd announce the winners, but one person's getting a short extension on account of computer troubles. Still, better hurry.

Good job all around, etc., more detailed congratulations when I haven't been trying to get a fanfic written for six straight hours, holy
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:32 pm

So how long is this short extension of time for the computer troubles? Just curious, cuz Paper refuses to tell me the backlog stuff for this campaign until I'm confirmed in.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next