Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luna's Command: the Recruitment Station

+6
Copper Rose
Dusk Raven
Elacular
Xel Unknown
TheCavalry
AProcrastinatingWriter
10 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Luna's Command: the Recruitment Station - Page 2 Empty Re: Luna's Command: the Recruitment Station

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:24 pm

No real houserules, but some things to keep in mind I'll crosspost from the first OOC topic.

*I am a moderately busy man. "busy" meaning "I have things I need to do literally every day of the week" and "moderately" meaning "But also several stretches of significant time in between those things I have to do". Thusly, I will have time to update each day, and I will be doing so, and during those times I will be quick to respond to your posts, BUT there will also be times each day where I do nothing for several hours in a row. "Well duh" you think, and certainly later in the game this is to be expected, certainly, but I'm warning you guys that even now at the start when you're all buzzing to go and have been waiting patiently for my input, I will be off-and-on for...periods. I'm sorry; it's what I can do.
*DCs: Sometimes I will tell you what the DC on a check is. Sometimes I will not. The reasons for this are my own, but are not arbitrary. The DC challenge list is as follows (Similar to the PH Handbook, but probably not exactly the same):
DC 10: Rolling to make sure you don't crit fail; even a novice should have an easy time with this, and even if they don't with a little help they'll get it. Easy. Example: picking up a lgihtweight object of moderate volume.
DC 15: Still not at all difficult, but you'll need to try if you're not trained or naturally skilled at whatever you are being called to do, though that's only if you don't have time to kill. Not-so-easy. Example: washing a load of dishes by hoof.
DC 20: Amateurs beware; without help there might be a real risk of failure here. Trained professionals will not have trouble here. The task is one of moderate difficulty. Example: Climbing a tree with no clear footholds.
DC 25: Amateurs should probably not attempt this even with help; trained professionals may want to work in a team. Masters of the craft will succeed at this task more than half the time. Hard difficulty. Example: writing a sophisticated but relatively small computer program with a two-day deadiline.
DC 30: Masters alone should be attempting this and still may fail. Master difficulty. Example: making the perfect sandwich.
DC 35: Extremely difficult. Masters will usually not succeed at this task unless given time. Example: Creating a great piece of art (a masterpiece).
DC 40: This and above are considered unattainable by anyone but the most specialized of masters. Example: Operating on an "inoperable" tumor.
DC 50-DC 80: This is considered physically impossible by most ponies, but is technically stuff that's perfectly possible - but only so through the power of friendship. Examples in increasing difficulty: "Performing a Sonic Rainboom" to "Performing a Sonic Rainboom on Command" to "Performing a Sonic Rainboom from a halted position".
DC 90 - DC 100: This is stuff that is actually impossible for ponies; at least not without copious amounts of friendship AND a very strong ability to help each other amongst SEVERAL friends. Example: Lifting a continent with ponykinesis.
DC 150: Yeah this is stuff that is just straight impossible for ponies. Examples: Anything that Discord or the Elements of Harmony have done in canon.
*In addition to all that, I hope everypony remembers that even if you aren't Generosity, magic points can be spent to increase any roll (including an enemy's, if you like) by 10.
*It should also be noted that I treat getting a Nat 20 as improving your basic roll to a 35 and a Cutie Mark Critical as improving it to a 50 - and that's before bonuses! It should also be noted that DCs scale as you level up, which means by the end of the game if your characters have roleplayed sufficently awesomely then I'll be giving you DC 25 checks for "inoperable" brain tumors in the event that you actually have to perform some surgery(you won't have to do this). The DC for "actually impossible" (150) will never change, however.
*In character, I will sometimes lie to you unless you are throughout the campaign very lucky with Persuasion checks and always ask the right questions with the Element of Honesty. Out of character (As a narrator/PH) I will never lie to you, nor will I ever use sarcasm so that I can say later "oh, I wasn't lying, I was being sarcastic". However, sometimes as narrator I will withhold information from you - either I will not mention it unless you specifically ask, or I will refuse to clarify even if you specifically ask or occasionally even ignore that you asked at all if even an "I can't tell you" would be giving away too much information. I reserve the right to do any of those things, BUT will never do the second or third things if you ask me using an in-game power that allows you to ask certain questions of me (like Twitchy Tail).
*Any power that can be used "Once per game session"? Change that to "Once per Scenario" and we're fine.

EDIT: Oh, and, uh, nearly forgot: level yourselves up to level four, yes.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Luna's Command: the Recruitment Station - Page 2 Empty Re: Luna's Command: the Recruitment Station

Post  Elacular Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:16 pm

Ah, alright. In that case I made one last change to Gypsy. I gave him the first level of his destiny. And that included a companion.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:20 pm

Just so you aware... We're not at level 4... YET... But more like we're just a moment's away from hitting there.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:23 pm

Yeah, but APW said to level to level four.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:24 pm

When the new guys get introduced, you'll all either be at or about to hit level four.

So.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:38 am

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:When the new guys get introduced, you'll all either be at or about to hit level four.

I suppose that means I should pick a Destiny. Hmm, since our would-be Archmage seems to have vanished I suppose that Destiny is open, however I was thinking of taking Master Detective. So many choices... and they seem to have added some since I last checked, or at least I don't remember some of these...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:29 am

Two things. 1) May I transfer the old Words of Wisdom to the Abilities system, since it never made the switch, and 2) may I make it so that it's one point per use, like so many people do?
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:56 pm

Well Dusk make sure you looking at the right destinies doc. And yeah they've got a lot of neat stuff. But not as many as the Utility talent Destiny doc has.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:25 pm

Yeah, some things are new, many things changed, some things got removed, I'm still most likely taking Dynamic Duo...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:27 pm

Oh? who's goin' to be your duo with? Your rock buddy or the friendship you've had since before the game began? I ask, cause your rock buddy is going to be a Seer. XD
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:48 pm

Copper Rose wrote:Two things. 1) May I transfer the old Words of Wisdom to the Abilities system, since it never made the switch, and 2) may I make it so that it's one point per use, like so many people do?

Yes and yes.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:22 pm

Working on my sheet, would you guys mind providing links to the current team? Just want to make sure my stats work with the rest of you, and there's no ability overlap or anything.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:30 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Oh? who's goin' to be your duo with? Your rock buddy or the friendship you've had since before the game began? I ask, cause your rock buddy is going to be a Seer. XD
It's a hard choice no matter which angle I look at...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:52 pm

TheCavalry wrote:Working on my sheet, would you guys mind providing links to the current team? Just want to make sure my stats work with the rest of you, and there's no ability overlap or anything.

(APROC, PLEASE REPOST THIS LISTING INTO THE FIRST POST OF THIS TOPIC!)

The Three Remaining Vets of this campaign:
Lunar the Hippogriff (Xel Unknown) [Element: New-Loyalty (changed to it because it fits me more was Kindness did beforehand, also we don't need two Kindnesses in a team)]
Wandering Eye the Unicorn (Dusk Raven) [Element: Magic (derp missed it at first glance)]
Scorch the Dragon (Paper Shadow) [Element: Loyalty... Old version, your sheet has yet to update to the Abilities System Paper]

The Three Newcomers:
Gypsy the ??? (Elacular) [Element: Kindness]
High Note the Unicorn (Copper Rose) [Element: Old Chaotic version of Laughter]
Silver Lining the Pegasus (TheCavalry) [Element: Magic]

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:22 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : FINAL CHARACTER ADDED TO THE LISTING)
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:49 am

This is what I have of High Note so far, and also she's not a zebra. She's a unicorn who sings.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:53 am

Paper Shadow wrote:
Xel Unknown wrote:Oh? who's goin' to be your duo with? Your rock buddy or the friendship you've had since before the game began? I ask, cause your rock buddy is going to be a Seer. XD
It's a hard choice no matter which angle I look at...
You should totally do it with me Pinkie Lick 

Upon review that sounds far dirtier than I intended it to be
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:53 am

Copper Rose wrote:This is what I have of High Note so far, and also she's not a zebra. She's a unicorn who sings.
Err... Was loving your build... UNTIL I SAW "IT'S OVER" yuck! I hate that JOKE of a talent!!! NEVERMIND, we talked in privet and you changed that move out of your build. :3 (also edited in your unicorn into my listing of names)

Also you have some custom & old-school stuff that Aproc will need to approve of. (other than your Chaotic Laughter & X Point = X/day Words of Wisdom, that he did approve of you taking) But I'm sure he'll allow all of them... The build looks solid outside of that one hated talent of mine...

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:32 am

I have two minor houserules suggestions to be in effect for this game one being a new move that is intended to replace Against The Odds... And a minor houseruling for Adrenaline Rush to be usable while stunned and/or dazed. (Aproc, you'd choose if it works on both, Daze only, or Stun only... Peronsally I'd suggest aganst the "stun only" thing and you should pick between either working against both or daze only.) And like call them a "Passive Reaction" talent. "Passive Reactions" of course dealing effects after it's trigger happens & can also be triggered when dazed and stunned... (gives idea for the GM's monsters to use)

suggestions:

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:07 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edit)
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:20 am

I'll, uh...

I'll be honest. I'm gonna have to think over that one. Hmm. Gimme some more time - we've still got someone's character sheet coming in, so you have to either way, but...Razz
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:18 am

It's ok... My suggestions don't help me but the team's Dragon... And on a topic that effects MY character... What do you think of the flavor idea that at level 5, Lunar the Hippogriff, becomes LUNAR THE LIGHTNING ELEMENTAL!!! By way of Mechanical? HE WILL BE KNOWN AS THE LIGHTNING BIRB!
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:03 am

I shall be making a character for this. This is a prime oppurtunity to give a dimension hopper a try... Assuming there's still a spot open?

Does anyone have any particular requests ability wise?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:09 am

Well in theory you'd be the seventh and I believe you kinda was once already a member in this campaign, but dropped out or something?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:19 am

Nope. This is all new to me.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:24 am

Yeah... I'm clearly mixing you up with different peoples... Well feel free to make a character. (I suggest A ROBOT FORM THE FUTURE!!!) Nothing 100% sure you'll get in cause you'd be number 7 technically to app.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:37 pm

Woof. Well, after a few days of on and off reading, I finally finished the first thread. Can I just say I don't like Iggy? Onwards then.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next